PDA

View Full Version : Optimization Working on a TOB thower

paperarmor
2014-05-04, 08:49 PM
so working on an elf warblade/Eternal Blade thrower looking to max out the number of attacks I can get and still have a chance of hitting. Most so far is 40 with Monk 2/ Warblade 6/ Master thrower 3/ Eternal Blade 10 using Island in Time, Flurry of Blows, Two weapon Fighting, ITWF, Rapid Shot, and Palm Throw. I have two questions One: Is the monk dip worth it? would I be better served with Targeteer Fighter or something else? Two: what are the best weapons for this build Im torn between Shuriken and Daggers. I'm using
Any 3.5, Dragon Mag, no third party thank you for your time in advance

Rubik
2014-05-04, 09:09 PM
So... You're making a ToB thrower and you're NOT using bloodstorm blade?

LTwerewolf
2014-05-04, 09:12 PM
So... You're making a ToB thrower and you're NOT using bloodstorm blade?

I've never really seen a ToB throwing build without it work out the way it's intended. Seconded.

paperarmor
2014-05-04, 09:18 PM
well I'm on the fence about it I kind of want to do more volley style but I have a version with a swordsage dip and 2 levels of Bloodstorm blade instead of Monk and a Master thrower level which loses 4 attacks but gains dex to damage in addition to strength. Im new to optimization and trying to get better.

Rubik
2014-05-04, 09:18 PM
Oh, by the way, the best throwing weapon is an unarmed strike. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=15474863#post15474863)

paperarmor
2014-05-04, 09:23 PM
Oh, by the way, the best throwing weapon is an unarmed strike. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=15474863#post15474863)

That is AWESOME!

LTwerewolf
2014-05-04, 09:27 PM
Unless you're doing multiplier shenanigans such as uber charger, volley tends to squeak ahead of single hits, even if you're adding dex to damage.

Ellowryn
2014-05-04, 09:30 PM
Bloodstorm blade 10 is going to be your best bet, because even with 40 attacks once per encounter is nothing to being able to hit EVERYTHING IN RANGE at full BaB multiple times in combat, not to mention some of its other useful abilities. Palm throw is nice, but losing your Str to damage also hurts unless you have a way of adding extra damage.

paperarmor
2014-05-04, 09:35 PM
Ok so maybe go with warblade3/ swardsage 2/ Bloodstormblade 10/ Master of Nine 5? Using this I can get dual stance, nifty defenses and various other fun things to be determined later.

Ellowryn
2014-05-04, 09:45 PM
Are you grabbing those 2 swordage levels for the shadow blade feat? Its the only thing i can think of that gives dex to damage on that build. If that is so i would drop it, as you get a bunch of bonus feats from the class you can spend some on martial stance and study to get the feat, along with grabbing assassins stance for some extra damage on your attacks. Focus of bloodclaw and ironheart strikes to maximize extra attacks, along with maneuvers to burn to use your bloodstorm abilities.

paperarmor
2014-05-04, 09:57 PM
Are you grabbing those 2 swordage levels for the shadow blade feat? Its the only thing i can think of that gives dex to damage on that build. If that is so i would drop it, as you get a bunch of bonus feats from the class you can spend some on martial stance and study to get the feat, along with grabbing assassins stance for some extra damage on your attacks. Focus of bloodclaw and ironheart strikes to maximize extra attacks, along with maneuvers to burn to use your bloodstorm abilities.

yeah that was my plan. Although, the answer may be more warblade now that I look at it. Warblade 5 Bloodstorm blade 10 Master of 5 seems fun, gets me a good number of maneuvers to burn and a respectable amount of whoopass.