PDA

View Full Version : Monk Damage and Wildshape

Jimp
2007-02-11, 04:06 PM
Quick question:
If I'm playing a Monk/Druid and I use wildshape, which damage dice do I use for natural weapon attacks? Do I use the Monk's or the creature's?

Arceliar
2007-02-11, 04:16 PM
Well, those are natural weapons, not unarmed attacks..

You can make a flurry of blows with a monk weapon or a natural weapon. So I believe this is one of those take-your-pick moments. Natural weapons sort of follow their own rules, with primary and secondary attacks. I believe you can make a full attack with Unarmed Strike and then attack with any and all natural weapons as secondary weapons, unless I'm mistaken.

Jimp
2007-02-11, 04:30 PM

Sorry, my mistake. I'll edit the original post.

Ramza00
2007-02-11, 04:32 PM

You can make a flurry of blows with a monk weapon or a natural weapon. So I believe this is one of those take-your-pick moments. Natural weapons sort of follow their own rules, with primary and secondary attacks. I believe you can make a full attack with Unarmed Strike and then attack with any and all natural weapons as secondary weapons, unless I'm mistaken.

Correct. The monk can attack with all his unarmed strikes (bears headbutts, elbows etc) and then do all his natural attacks at his bab-5.

Note while he doesn't use his unarmed damage for claws, bites, and such. He does use his unarmed damage that is affected by the size increase of the creature he is in. (Thus if he wildshapes into a large size bear he uses the large monk's unarmed progression, for sizes that are bigger than large use DMG p28, same thing for sizes smaller than small).

Rama_Lei
2007-02-11, 10:23 PM
So you hipcheck and backhand while a bear....