PDA

View Full Version : Project Image and Gaze attacks.

Bellberith
2014-05-04, 10:07 PM
When you use the spell "Project Image" and are hit with a mind-affecting ability such as an illusion. or a gaze attack (not necessarily mind-affecting). does it affect you if you have your senses moved over to the projected image (when the spell is used on the projected image that is).

also if you have your senses moved into the projected image and the spells are used on your main body. would it affect that? (likewise if your senses are in your main body and the spells are used on the projected image)

if you can quote something from the SRD that helps solve this, please do.

^ i realize that i awkwardly worded but i cant think of a better way to word it =P

as always, thanks guys =D

Bellberith
2014-05-05, 10:06 AM
Is there nothing in the SRD that helps this? I cannot find anything atleast.

SaibenLocke
2014-05-06, 09:15 PM
I have ran into the same problem in my campaign. Any help would be appreciated.

Curmudgeon
2014-05-06, 10:21 PM
You can see through its eyes and hear through its ears as if you were standing where it is, and during your turn you can switch from using its senses to using your own, or back again, as a free action. While you are using its senses, your body is considered blinded and deafened.
Each character within range of a gaze attack must attempt a saving throw (which can be a Fortitude or Will save) each round at the beginning of his turn.

An opponent can avert his eyes from the creature’s face, looking at the creature’s body, watching its shadow, or tracking the creature in a reflective surface. Each round, the opponent has a 50% chance of not having to make a saving throw. The creature with the gaze attack gains concealment relative to the opponent. An opponent can shut his eyes, turn his back on the creature, or wear a blindfold. In these cases, the opponent does not need to make a saving throw. If your perceptions are in the projected image, you're treated as if your were standing where it is for purposes of the gaze attack. Your body is considered blinded and thus not affected.