PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Warblade Maneuvers and Levelling

Apocrypha
2014-05-04, 10:44 PM
So my DM is going to be starting a new campaign next week. Clean slate, level one, yada yada yada. I've got my character planned out--Human Warblade using a THW--but I've been tearing my hair out trying to plan the maneuvers. I know which ones I want, but for the life of my six-month-old puppy I cannot figure out how to get them all in twenty levels.

Diamond Mind: Moment of Perfect Mind, Emerald Razor, Bounding Assault, Moment of Alacrity, Avalanche of Blows, Diamond Nightmare Blade, Time Stands Still

Iron Heart: Iron Heart Surge, Wall of Blades, Adamantine Hurricane

White Raven: White Raven Tactics, Clarion Call

The problem is, I can usually grab either Adamantine Hurricane or Clarion Call in addition to Time Stands Still before I run out of levels, not both. Anyone got any ideas as to how I can have my cake and eat it too, so to speak? And if not, which one should be dropped and what maneuver should get grabbed in its place?

For the record, the other members of my group are planning:

A Grey Elven Wizard/Mystic Theurge/Cleric
A Half-Elven Fighter/Rogue
A Half-Giant Barbarian
A Human Ranger/Order of the Bow Initiate

Crake
2014-05-04, 11:09 PM
So my DM is going to be starting a new campaign next week. Clean slate, level one, yada yada yada. I've got my character planned out--Human Warblade using a THW--but I've been tearing my hair out trying to plan the maneuvers. I know which ones I want, but for the life of my six-month-old puppy I cannot figure out how to get them all in twenty levels.

Diamond Mind: Moment of Perfect Mind, Emerald Razor, Bounding Assault, Moment of Alacrity, Avalanche of Blows, Diamond Nightmare Blade, Time Stands Still

Iron Heart: Iron Heart Surge, Wall of Blades, Adamantine Hurricane

White Raven: White Raven Tactics, Clarion Call

The problem is, I can usually grab either Adamantine Hurricane or Clarion Call in addition to Time Stands Still before I run out of levels, not both. Anyone got any ideas as to how I can have my cake and eat it too, so to speak? And if not, which one should be dropped and what maneuver should get grabbed in its place?

For the record, the other members of my group are planning:

A Grey Elven Wizard/Mystic Theurge/Cleric
A Half-Elven Fighter/Rogue
A Half-Giant Barbarian
A Human Ranger/Order of the Bow Initiate

The martial study feat can get you extra maneuvers? Hell, at higher levels, if you can get a dark chaos shuffle, you can just grab all the 9th level maneuvers easily enough

Apocrypha
2014-05-04, 11:44 PM
Ugh, can't believe I didn't think of that -.- Guess I was too focused on the maneuver level progression to think about feats. Thanks!