PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Swift CDG in pathfinder

Fouredged Sword
2014-05-05, 08:58 AM
Ok, so I ran into this spell looking at the cleric list for a game I am playing in.

Enemy's Heart. (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/e/enemy-s-heart)

The casting time is a full round action. During the casting, you preform a CDG on a helpless target, and get bonuses as you do so.

Reading quicken, it says that any spell with a longer action than 1 Full round action can't be quickened. It looks to me like you can quicken Enemy's Heart to preform a CDG as a swift action.

How could this be used in an actual game, ether as a PC or NPC?

Yanisa
2014-05-05, 09:07 AM
I doubt whether quicker would work, the text states "As part of casting this spell, you perform a coup de grace" which implied the coup de grace isn't the spell self but a seperate action preformed at the same time. Quicker casting doesn't mean quicker coup the gracing, its not the magic that causes the coup de grace. Then again it's debatable, so let's pretend it can.

Two things I noticed... It's also on the witch list, and witches are famous for having Slumber + CDG... Now you slumber and kill in the same round!
Also it's a orc racial spell... orcs have the scarred witch doctor archetype... it almost seems intentional now.

You can probably find a cleric spell that can make a target helpless. So Enemy's Heart removes enemies from the battlefield without a round of waiting. Saves time, avoids interrupting and also buffs you! And they say evil doesn't pay out.

stack
2014-05-05, 02:40 PM
The cdg is performed as part of the spell, so I would not rule it requires any extra action. I'd have to look up the details on what can be quickened to answer fully.