PDA

View Full Version : Devilish Resurrection?

jordan.k93
2014-05-05, 10:53 AM
If any of my party is reading this, FOR SHAME! [Broken Kingdoms of Terra Campaign]

So a party member was slain in the last session, cut down by a cultist with a large greatsword, his memory will live on but his soul is currently chilling with Kord in the Hall of the Valiant on Ysgard's first layer, as a 20~ STR monstrous barbarian.

The party was quiet dearly attached to him, to the point where they lawyered and came up with a theory of how I might have missed some maths at some point in the fight and phoned me up a little after the session, alas, my maths were spot on, he's down at -11

Both me and the player are happy to live and let die, but hey, might as well give the remaining party members a way to bring him back?

Anyway, there's a Harvester Devil around, what sort of deal might he offer in exchange for casting Resurrection? (From a scroll, or something)

Complete some task that benefits the Devil's agenda?
A sacrifice?
EXP Penalty? EXP Equal to dead PC divided by those that would sign the contract and save him?
The loot they obtained from the cult, and more?
A soul? Kinda cliche but hey.

Also, checked through the Fiendish Codex II, no inspiration.

John Longarrow
2014-05-05, 11:39 AM
Easiest would be ....

For a FAVOR...

Penalty to the party is they lose their soul to Hell if they turn down the favor in the future.

Starbuck_II
2014-05-05, 12:13 PM
If any of my party is reading this, FOR SHAME! [Broken Kingdoms of Terra Campaign]

So a party member was slain in the last session, cut down by a cultist with a large greatsword, his memory will live on but his soul is currently chilling with Kord in the Hall of the Valiant on Ysgard's first layer, as a 20~ STR monstrous barbarian.

The party was quiet dearly attached to him, to the point where they lawyered and came up with a theory of how I might have missed some maths at some point in the fight and phoned me up a little after the session, alas, my maths were spot on, he's down at -11

Both me and the player are happy to live and let die, but hey, might as well give the remaining party members a way to bring him back?

Anyway, there's a Harvester Devil around, what sort of deal might he offer in exchange for casting Resurrection? (From a scroll, or something)

Complete some task that benefits the Devil's agenda?
A sacrifice?
EXP Penalty? EXP Equal to dead PC divided by those that would sign the contract and save him?
The loot they obtained from the cult, and more?
A soul? Kinda cliche but hey.

Also, checked through the Fiendish Codex II, no inspiration.

They can't just summon/planar Bind lesser: Movanic Deva from Fiendish Folio. 1/day raise dead?

Sith_Happens
2014-05-05, 02:31 PM
Definitely the task. Make it something not obviously Evil that's still going to screw somebody over hard. That somebody doesn't have to be any of the PCs, but the something should still be something that will come back to bite them eventually (or at least make them feel awful about themselves when they ind out).