PDA

View Full Version : (3.5) Psionic Mantle: Draconic

Blackjackg
2014-05-05, 01:54 PM
Just a quickie here, a new Psionic Mantle.

(All the powers are from the Expanded Psionics Handbook (XPH), Complete Psionic (CPsi) or Dragon Magic (DrM).)

Draconic
Granted Ability: Add Intimidate to your list of class skills for the class that granted this mantle. You gain a +2 bonus on Intimidate checks.

Powers:
1 Claws of the Beast (XPH)
1 Primal Fear (CPsi)
2 Darkvision, Psionic (XPH)
4 Claw of Energy (XPH)
4 Dominate, Psionic (XPH)
4 Gemstone Breath (DrM)
6 Breath of the Black Dragon (XPH)
8 Mind Blank, Psionic (XPH)

Divine Mind Aura Bonus: Allies within your aura gain Fire Resistance 5. This resistance increases by 5 for every six Divine Mind levels you've attained (10 at level 6, 15 at level 12, and 20 at level 18).

Desired feedback: Does it make sense? Is it generally balanced with the published psionic mantles? Thank you!

Edits: Changed granted power per neilthrun's feedback.

ZardozSpeaks
2014-05-05, 03:40 PM
Yeah, this seems balanced. Two things you might consider

Just give a +2 intimdate bonus. For small bonuses, I feel its better to not have them be conditional. Less book keeping.

Mind Blank doesn't seem to really fit the theme. I'd go look for something else. Though, I see no reason that picking Mind Blank would be unbalanced.

Blackjackg
2014-05-05, 04:47 PM
Thanks for the feedback. You're right that a flat +2 makes more sense.

I'm sure I had a reason or picking Mind Blank as the 8th-level power, but for the life of me I can't remember what it was. You're totally right that it doesn't seem to fit. I'll give it some thought.