16th+16/+11/+6/+1+10+5+10Grant Move Action 4/day
17th+17/+12/+7/+2+10+5+10Masterful Presence
18th+18/+13/+8/+3+11+6+11Mass Suggestion
19th+19/+14/+9/+4+11+6+11Menacing Presence
20th+20/+15/+10/+5+12+6+12Grant Move Action 5/day, Lord of War

Alignment: Any
Hit Die: 1d10

Class Skills:
The marshal's class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Bluff (Cha), Diplomacy (Cha), Handle Animal (Cha), Intimidate (Cha), Knowledge (history) (Int), Knowledge (nobility) (Int), Linguistics (Int), Perception (Wis), Perform (Cha), Ride (Dex), Sense Motive (Wis), Survival (Wis), and Swim (Str).
Skill Points at 1st Level: (4 + Int modifier) × 4
Skill Points at Each Additional Level: 4 + Int modifier

Weapon and Armor Proficiency: Marshals are proficient with all simple and martial weapons, with all types of armor (heavy, medium, and light), and with shields (except tower shields).

Auras (Ex): The marshal exerts an effect on allies in his vicinity. He can learn to produce different effects, or auras, over the course of his career. The marshal may project one minor aura and (starting at 2nd level) one major aura at a time.

Projecting an aura is a swift action (see Chapter 2: Magic). The aura remains in effect until the marshal uses a free action to dismiss it or activates another aura of the same kind (major or minor). A marshal can have an aura active continually; thus, an aura can be in effect at the start of a combat encounter even before the marshal takes his first turn.

Activating an aura involves haranguing, ordering, directing, encouraging, cajoling, or calming allies. A marshal sizes up the enemy, allies, and the terrain, then gives allies the direction that they can use to do their best.

Unless otherwise noted, a marshal's aura affects all allies within 60 feet (including himself) who can hear the marshal. An ally must have an Intelligence score of 3 or higher and be able to understand the marshal's language to gain the bonus. A marshal's aura is dismissed if he is dazed, unconscious, stunned, paralyzed, or otherwise unable to be heard or understood by his allies.

A marshal begins play knowing one minor aura of his choice. As his marshal level increases, he gains access to new auras, as indicated on Table 1-5: The Marshal.

All bonuses granted by a marshal's auras are circumstance bonuses that do not stack with each other.

Minor Aura: A minor aura lets allies add the marshal's Charisma bonus (if any) to certain rolls.
•Accurate Strike: Bonus on rolls made to confirm critical hits.
•Art of War: Bonus on disarm, trip, bull rush, and sunder attempts.
•Demand Fortitude: Bonus on Fortitude saves.
•Determined Caster: Bonus on rolls to overcome spell resistance.
•Force of Will: Bonus on Will saves.
•Master of Opportunity: Bonus to Armor Class against attacks of opportunity.
•Master of Tactics: Bonus on damage rolls when flanking.
•Motivate Charisma: Bonus on Charisma checks and Charisma-based skill checks.
•Motivate Constitution: Bonus on Constitution checks and Constitution-based skill checks.
•Motivate Dexterity: Bonus on Dexterity checks, Dexterity-based skill checks, and initiative checks.
•Motivate Intelligence: Bonus on Intelligence checks and Intelligence-based skill checks.
•Motivate Strength: Bonus on Strength checks and Strength-based skill checks.
•Motivate Wisdom: Bonus on Wisdom checks and Wisdom-based skill checks.
•Over the Top: Bonus on damage rolls when charging.
•Watchful Eye: Bonus on Reflex saves.

Major Aura: Beginning at 4th level, a marshal can project a major aura in addition to his minor aura. A major aura lets allies add +1 to certain rolls. This bonus improves by +1 at 8th, 12th, 16th, and 20th level.
•Hardy Soldiers: The marshal's allies gain damage reduction equal to the amount of bonus the aura provides. For example, if the marshal is 10th level, everyone affected gains DR 2/-.
•Motivate Ardor: Bonus on weapon damage rolls, equal to double the bonus.
•Motivate Attack: Bonus on melee attack rolls.
•Motivate Care: Bonus to Armor Class.
•Motivate Urgency: Allies' base land speed is increased by a number of feet equal to 5 x the amount of bonus the aura provides. For example, the allies of a 10th-level marshal (+2 major aura) add 10 feet to their base land speed.
•Motivate Vigilance: Bonus to perception checks as well as initiative
•Motivate Vitality: Fast healing 1, but only up to half maximum hit points.
•Resilient Troops: Bonus on all saves.
•Steady Hand: Bonus on ranged attack rolls.

Skill Focus (Diplomacy): Because a marshal has a way with people, he gains this feat as a bonus feat. If the marshal already has the feat, he can choose a different one.

Tactical Strike (Ex): A Marshal's first attack in any given encounter deals an extra 2d6 +1/class level damage and gives allies a +2 morale bonus to attacks and AC. These bonuses last 3 rounds.

Grant Move Action (Ex): Starting at 4th level, a marshal can direct and motivate his allies to act immediately. Once per day, as a standard action, he may grant an extra move action to any or all of his allies within 30 feet (but not to himself). Each of the affected allies takes this extra move action immediately, acting in their current initiative order. This extra action does not affect the allies' initiative count; the round continues normally after the marshal's turn is over. (This may mean, for example, that an ally whose initiative count immediately follows the marshal's may get an extra move action from the marshal, followed directly by a full round worth of actions on the ally's turn.)

At 8th level, a marshal gains the ability to grant an extra move action to his allies twice per day. The frequency increases to three times per day at 12th level, four times per day at 16th level, and five times per day at 20th level.

A character can take only one extra move action per round. (In other words, two marshals can't use this ability on the same ally in the same round.) If an ally chooses not to take the extra move action, it is lost.

Battlefield Presence (Ex): At 5th level the Marshal may as a move action grant each ally within 30 feet one teamwork feat he possesses as a bonus feat. All allies must receive the same feat, but do not need to meet the prerequisites of this bonus feat. Allies must be able to see and hear the marshal in order to gain this benefit. Allies retain the use of this bonus feat for 1 round plus a number of rounds equal to the marshal's charisma modifier. At 15th level a Marshal can project 2 teamwork feats as a standard action.

Commanding Presence (Ex): Allies within 30 feet of the marshal gain a +1 bonus to attack rolls, saves, as well as armor class. This bonus increases by 1 at 9th and again at 15th level.

Grant Standard Action (Ex): A Marshal can grant allies (but not himself) an additional standard action once per day, as a move action, provided they are within 30 feet. The marshal gains another use of this ability at 14th level. A marshal may not enact this ability twice in the same combat encounter. This extra standard action must be a standard action, not reduced to a move or any other type of action.

Suggestion (Ex): Marshal can at 7th level can make a suggestion (as the spell) to a creature.
A Will saving throw (DC 10 + ½ Marshal’s level + Marshal’s Cha modifier) negates the effect. This ability affects only a single creature (but see mass suggestion, below). Suggestion is an enchantment (compulsion), mind-affecting, language dependent ability. A Marshal can use the Suggestion Ability once per day plus a number of times equal to his charisma modifier as well as an additional time per day for every 4 levels after 7th (twice at 11th, three times at 15th, and 4 times at 19th)

Daunting Presence (Ex): At 10th level a marshal gains a bonus to his intimidate check equal to half his marshal levels. A marshal may make an intimidate check against all enemies within 30 feet. A successful check renders them shaken, at 16th level the penalties from shaken increase to -3. This is a terror effect.

Rallying Presence (Ex): Once per encounter a Marshal may, as a swift action, gives allies temporary hit points equal to 1d6 per every 2 Marshal levels. These temporary hit points last 3 rounds.

Leader's Resolve (Ex): At 13th level a Marshal gains a competence bonus to will saves equal to half his Marshal level. In addition a Marshal can as an immediate action grant a bonus equal to his charisma modifier plus one to an ally’s Will save.

Masterful Presence (Ex): Once per encounter as a swift action, the Marshal can give allies (excluding himself) an additional attack at their full base attack bonus-5. This attack deals additional damage equal to the marshal's level.

Mass Suggestion (Ex): This ability functions like suggestion, above, except that a Marshal of 18th level can make the suggestion simultaneously to any number of creatures up to one per level. Mass suggestion is an enchantment (compulsion), mind-affecting, language-dependent ability. The Marshal can only use the Mass Suggestion Ability once per day.

Menacing Presence (Ex): Foes within 30 feet of the marshal suffer a penalty to attacks equal to the marshal's charisma modifier.

Lord of War (Ex): The Marshal and allies within 30 feet of him gain a +4 bonus on saves vs fear and death effects. In addition when the Marshal fells an opponent all allies (including himself) are instantly healed for 4d4 hit points plus a number of hit points equal to the Marshal's charisma modifier.

ngilop
2014-05-05, 04:11 PM
this is my attempt at my first PF homebrew.. I hope I did it right and sorry I have no idea how to do cells without the class looking wonky as heck LOL

I wanna throw some ability in at 17th or 18th level but cannot think of naything currently.. I might even toss something in at 9th as well.

ngilop
2014-05-06, 12:12 AM
Ok took TG oskar's suggestion on giving bonus teamwork feats and then letting them 'project' said feats and well as steal a few abilities form what I consider the best Marshal re-tool on this site.

I still need abilities to cover 10th, 19th and 20th level.

I am leaning toward something like daunting presence at 10th that is a fear related ability but im not sure how to work that exactly.

Composer99
2014-05-08, 01:07 PM
What kind of action does the Marshal spend to grant his allies a standard action? I'm assuming a standard or full-round?

Also, I wonder if the grant move action could be upgraded at higher levels so that the Marshal only spends a move (or even swift) action to do so?

ngilop
2014-05-12, 12:41 AM
Ok clearified soem marshal abilities and added in like 5(?) new ones

lemme know what you think hopefully its just as if not better at being a team leader/bolsterer than the acfs for the paladin and cavalier:)

ngilop
2014-06-09, 08:47 PM
Still Looking for some helpful advice and critiques on thisePF port or wtf ever it would be correctly classified as.

ngilop
2014-08-01, 03:56 PM
Ok I posted this ot the paizo forums and they pointed out how my auras were still referencing 3.5 skills LOL sillyme!

they did not like that this class 'got bigger bonuses than the fighter but really the fighter is still pretty much a joke of a class.

ALSO HOW DO I DO THE DAMN TABLE LIKE MY SAMUAI!!!! I put in the same header that I used for the samurai [TABLE="class:grid head alt1 alt2"]\n[TR]\n\t[TD] but it don't look like it felt like adding in the damn bold dark brown for the columns..

why must this version of the table be soo dificult

ngilop
2015-11-06, 11:18 PM
A year later I came back to this to make it less of a 'make numbers bigger' set of class abilities and instead gave some abilities cool reworks, hopefully its better than it was and is a solid class, hopefully around the 'tier' 3 range.