PDA

View Full Version : venomfire and a touch of golden ice feat.

shadowseve
2014-05-05, 05:52 PM
So venomfire allows things with poison attacts to inflict 1d6 acid damage per caster level per each use.

http://dndtools.eu/spells/serpent-kingdoms--24/venomfire--3259/

Now the touch of golden ice feat, which I get for free through VOP gives me touch of Golden ice, which is a holy poison attack. Would that not qualify my to cast venomfire on my self? Say using that in combination with Girallon's Blessing allowing my bear form 5 attacks per round. if that's true that's a potential of an extra 6d6x5 worth of damage.

The reason I think this would work is there is nothing in venomfire that says it doesn't work with "holy" poison. and the feat a touch of golden ice certainly gives me poisonous attacks per hit.

http://dndtools.eu/feats/book-of-exalted-deeds--52/touch-of-golden-ice--2939/

"Ravages function in a manner similar to poisons, dealing ability damage or even ability drain when the target is exposed to them through inhalation, injury, or ingestion, and additional damage or other effects 1 minute after the initial exposure." (Boed pg 35) Granted they're "supernatural" but there is noting in venomfire that says it can't be supernatural poison.
So am I right in assuming that I could cast that on myself and go to town?

eggynack
2014-05-05, 05:58 PM
I don't think this would work, partially because touch of golden ice is only like a poison, rather than an actual poison, but mostly because you're mistaken about the spell not specifying non-supernatural poison. In particular, venomfire indicates that the poison must be naturally produced, and natural production is certainly not a quality of something that's supernatural.

shadowseve
2014-05-05, 06:02 PM
I don't think this would work, partially because touch of golden ice is only like a poison, rather than an actual poison, but mostly because you're mistaken about the spell not specifying non-supernatural poison. In particular, venomfire indicates that the poison must be naturally produced, and natural production is certainly not a quality of something that's supernatural.

Yep I missed that line. It was worth a shot.

Man that would have been nice.

tyckspoon
2014-05-05, 06:02 PM
Agreeing with eggy. Ravages 'function like a poison', but that does not make them poisons. Anything that interacts with 'poison' will not interact with Ravages (that is in fact kind of the point, because part of the purpose of Ravages is so you can 'poison' things that are actually immune to normal poison.)

shadowseve
2014-05-05, 06:04 PM
Agreeing with eggy. Ravages 'function like a poison', but that does not make them poisons. Anything that interacts with 'poison' will not interact with Ravages (that is in fact kind of the point, because part of the purpose of Ravages is so you can 'poison' things that are actually immune to normal poison.)

yeah it was worth investigating. would have packed a heck of a punch.