PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Guns other than the ones in UC? +Gundolon

Snowbluff
2014-05-06, 10:02 AM
So the summer games are starting for me, and a friend, my little bro, and I decided to mess with a DM by bringing a group of gun-wielding mercenaries that use their pay to develop firearms. We have a Arcane Trickster spell slinger and I'm doing a gundolon (lawl) so far.

Now, I heard there was other sources of firearms in PF. Where can I find more guns?

Morcleon
2014-05-06, 11:23 AM
There are a bunch of guns in d20 Modern. If you want more futuristic guns, d20 Future has some. There are also some very basic guns in the DMG. :smallsmile:

PF guns are really limited though. They only go up to single-shot rifles. xD

Snowbluff
2014-05-06, 11:26 AM
I heard an Adventure Path had longer range pistols. I'm gun pouncing, but being able to do a legit gun fight would be cool.

This is PF only, unfortunately.

dysprosium
2014-05-06, 11:42 AM
Reign of Winter Adventure Path #5 has more guns. I have not run this path but have read the adventure over once.

Spoilered for spoilers
As part of the path the adventurers go to WWI Russia to fight Rasputin (yes that one). The PCs have to infiltrate a Russian compound and the soldiers have the contemporary weapons of the day.

Snowbluff
2014-05-06, 11:55 AM
Hm... thanks. Man, I really wish my Eidolon was strong enough to carry more Maxim Machine Guns.

Ravens_cry
2014-05-06, 12:11 PM
Hm... thanks. Man, I really wish my Eidolon was strong enough to carry more Maxim Machine Guns.
Ant Haul, it's on your list.

Snowbluff
2014-05-06, 12:12 PM
Ant Haul, it's on your list.

Oh SNAP! Ravens_cry walking in with a solution and dropping his mic! :smallsmile:

Morcleon
2014-05-06, 12:20 PM
I heard an Adventure Path had longer range pistols. I'm gun pouncing, but being able to do a legit gun fight would be cool.

This is PF only, unfortunately.

Ah... that's a shame. Has your DM specifically disallowed non-PF sources?

Also, I found this page (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/equipment---final/weapons/firearms/modern-firearms) about modern firearms. There's no table of stats for them though... :smalltongue:

Snowbluff
2014-05-06, 12:22 PM
It says PF on the thread label. :smalltongue:

I would need some DM allowance to run these other guns, I think. I'll see what I can do. Thanks, guys. :smallsmile:

Morcleon
2014-05-06, 12:24 PM
It says PF on the thread label. :smalltongue:

I would need some DM allowance to run these other guns, I think. I'll see what I can do. Thanks, guys. :smallsmile:

Well, never hurts to ask about 3rd party sources. :smallbiggrin:

You're welcome~ ^-^

Snowbluff
2014-05-06, 12:40 PM
So I heard the Maxim Guns knock you prone. You know what can't be tripped? Snakes. Maybe I can finagle that angle. :smallamused:

Morcleon
2014-05-06, 03:07 PM
So I heard the Maxim Guns knock you prone. You know what can't be tripped? Snakes. Maybe I can finagle that angle. :smallamused:

Prone != being tripped, hon. Snakes can be prone, but they can't be tripped. Unless the gun says that it's effectively a trip. :smalltongue:

Ravens_cry
2014-05-06, 03:18 PM
Oh SNAP! Ravens_cry walking in with a solution and dropping their mic! :smallsmile:
Glad to help.

Snowbluff
2014-05-06, 03:24 PM
Prone != being tripped, hon. Snakes can be prone, but they can't be tripped. Unless the gun says that it's effectively a trip. :smalltongue:
Yeah, but I'm already on the ground.

It really doesn't matter, though. With the much higher increment, I might not have to move. Right now I just pounce, thanks to the rules being silly. This may or may not actually work, because anyone with a throwing weapon can attack the target at a great range might make the rule dysfunctional.

Pounce: "You can make a full attack at the end of a charge." (This allows ranged attacks and possibly even improvised thrown weapons.)
Charge: "You must end your charge in the closest square you can attack."

"I Charge, move 10 feat, and thrown my 2 longswords at the guy at 50 feet."

I think my argument for fixing this is:
I make a charge as normal, which places my within reach of my bite.
The melee attack is replaced after that, and only after that.

If I have reach for my bite, I can avoid AoO for shooting and reloading.

Ravens_cry
2014-05-06, 03:33 PM
Pounce (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/base-classes/summoner/eidolons) evolution can be only used by quadruped base form Eidelons. That being said, crazy centaur eidelons with a forest of arms are totally possible.
Also, for Maximum machine gun goodness, Quadrupeds have higher carrying capacity (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/alignment-description/carrying-capacity).

Snowbluff
2014-05-06, 03:38 PM
The sheet is a quadruped with this in mind. (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=879438)For fluff, I'm still a snakey gunner.

The extra load capacity sounds nice, though. Sweet.

Ravens_cry
2014-05-06, 03:44 PM
The sheet is a quadruped with this in mind. (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=879438)For fluff, I'm still a snakey gunner.

It does mean you are a snake who can be tripped though, albeit with greater difficulty than a biped.:smallbiggrin:

Snowbluff
2014-05-06, 03:51 PM
There's definitely some give and take here. Mechanical Snakiness isn't worth if I can't avoid proning myself and if I can't get HMGs at all. :smalltongue:

It seems that quadruped has the best load overall, with a decent str and being a quadruped.

So guys, what do you think is the limit of what I can do while in the effect of ant haul? How much does a medieval/Renascence hut/house weigh?

Morcleon
2014-05-06, 03:54 PM
Yeah, but I'm already on the ground.

It really doesn't matter, though. With the much higher increment, I might not have to move. Right now I just pounce, thanks to the rules being silly. This may or may not actually work, because anyone with a throwing weapon can attack the target at a great range might make the rule dysfunctional.

Pounce: "You can make a full attack at the end of a charge." (This allows ranged attacks and possibly even improvised thrown weapons.)
Charge: "You must end your charge in the closest square you can attack."

"I Charge, move 10 feat, and thrown my 2 longswords at the guy at 50 feet."

I think my argument for fixing this is:
I make a charge as normal, which places my within reach of my bite.
The melee attack is replaced after that, and only after that.

If I have reach for my bite, I can avoid AoO for shooting and reloading.

Um, but in that case, what benefit do you even get from the charge? You're using ranged weaponry anyway. :smalltongue:

And yes, unless you clear it with your DM first, you can still be tripped. :smallsmile:

Now you get your DM to let you have the Belt of Wide Earth to double your load capacity. :smallbiggrin:

So guys, what do you think is the limit of what I can do while in the effect of ant haul? How much does a medieval/Renascence hut/house weigh?

Depends on your strength score. :smalltongue: Modern houses weigh a little under one ton. Medieval houses are probably only about 1000 pounds at most.

Snowbluff
2014-05-06, 04:02 PM
Um, but in that case, what benefit do you even get from the charge? You're using ranged weaponry anyway. :smalltongue:

And yes, unless you clear it with your DM first, you can still be tripped. :smallsmile:
PF firearms resolve as touch in the first range increment (for no good reason), which is 20 feet, and I have -4 for hexaweidling pistols (which are not light weapons). +2 and moving myself into range sound pretty sweet. If I am within 20 feat, I'll just full attack.

Also, I get to dive at people with guns blazin' while doves fly around me, like in a Johnny Woo movie.

Now you get your DM to let you have the Belt of Wide Earth to double your load capacity. :smallbiggrin:
I think it's Muleback Cords in PF.
(http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/wondrous-items/wondrous-items/m-p/muleback-cords)

Depends on your strength score. :smalltongue: Modern houses weigh a little under one ton. Medieval houses are probably only about 1000 pounds at most.
I wonder how much "I've got super lifting skills" I can get past the DM. Maybe I'll get to push stuff over.

Morcleon
2014-05-06, 04:25 PM
PF firearms resolve as touch in the first range increment (for no good reason), which is 20 feet, and I have -4 for hexaweidling pistols (which are not light weapons). +2 and moving myself into range sound pretty sweet. If I am within 20 feat, I'll just full attack.

Also, I get to dive at people with guns blazin' while doves fly around me, like in a Johnny Woo movie.

Ah, I see. Yeah, that could be useful then. ^^

(http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/wondrous-items/wondrous-items/m-p/muleback-cords)

They're different items. You can get both. Belt of Wide Earth also lets you sacrifice a 5th level spell slot to cast teleport 2/day.

I wonder how much "I've got super lifting skills" I can get past the DM. Maybe I'll get to push stuff over.

You can probably just pull a tree out of the ground and use it to intimidate your enemies. :smallbiggrin::smalltongue:

Snowbluff
2014-05-06, 04:29 PM
They're different items. You can get both. Belt of Wide Earth also lets you sacrifice a 5th level spell slot to cast teleport 2/day.
Was is reprinted for PF? :smalltongue:

You can probably just pull a tree out of the ground and use it to intimidate your enemies. :smallbiggrin::smalltongue:

Yes. How big is the average tree?

Ravens_cry
2014-05-06, 04:47 PM
Pulling a tree out of the ground is a Strength Check I would think, since the roots resist you, and Ant Haul and Muleback Cords don't add to Strength Checks. Still, some feather token trees would be handy, and are pretty cheap, especially at higher levels.

Snowbluff
2014-05-06, 04:49 PM
Under that logic (if something resists, make an str check), nothing can be pushed or pulled since inertia is resisting. :smalltongue:

Ravens_cry
2014-05-06, 04:58 PM
Under that logic (if something resists, make an str check), nothing can be pushed or pulled since inertia is resisting. :smalltongue:
I think there is a difference between a freely pickupable object and something that is connected to the ground.
In the latter, only Inertia resists you, while in the latter, there is a mechanical connection.

Kudaku
2014-05-06, 05:01 PM

The Heavyload Belt (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/wondrous-items/wondrous-items/a-b/belt-heavyload) works very, very well with Muleback cords. Increase your strength by +8 for carry capacity, then triple it. Good times.

Also, I realize you've been around long enough to have seen and heard this advice about a million times by now but: You might want to consider running the maxim gundolon past the GM before the game starts.

If I was sitting down to run a straightforward Rise of the Runelords or something and the party lineup is Paladin, Wizard, Alchemist, and machine gun-toting six-armed snake I might have some questions.

Snowbluff
2014-05-06, 05:04 PM
That's cool. That's 1kgp in craft for both, thanks to Craft Wondrous. Absurd lifting skills, ahoy!

I will be running past this Gm when I can afford to craft to craft them (too broke right now). With the way you said it, I might make a joke sheet with "machine gun-toting six-armed snake" written on it. :smalltongue:

Ravens_cry
2014-05-06, 05:09 PM
On the other hand, the Summoner only really needs to cast Ant Haul once a day, literally past a 12th caster level. You can use that belt slot for, say, a Belt of Giant Strength.

Snowbluff
2014-05-06, 05:10 PM
On the other hand, the Summoner only really needs to cast Ant Haul once a day, literally past a 12th caster level. You can use that belt slot for, say, a Belt of Giant Strength.

*more closely examines the belt* What a sham! I already know that spell!:smalltongue:

Ravens_cry
2014-05-06, 05:14 PM
*more closely examines the belt* What a sham! I already know that spell!:smalltongue:
Always read the fine print.:smallbiggrin:

Kudaku
2014-05-06, 05:29 PM
The belt frees up the spell slots, though I agree that the dexterity belt is probably a better investment by the time you have encumbrance issues from carrying a maxim.

As for a character portrait... Maybe something like this (https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-TMySE-Q06KE/TXwNSxn0PkI/AAAAAAAABdk/Vo4g3JExH6E/s1600/Rango2.jpg)?

Snowbluff
2014-05-06, 05:41 PM
Pfft... HAHAHAH! :smallbiggrin:

I actually have an image in mind. I might doodle it soon. Something of a six armed snake folk with some mechanical looking armor and a hood.

Morcleon
2014-05-06, 09:37 PM
The belt frees up the spell slots, though I agree that the dexterity belt is probably a better investment by the time you have encumbrance issues from carrying a maxim.

As for a character portrait... Maybe something like this (https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-TMySE-Q06KE/TXwNSxn0PkI/AAAAAAAABdk/Vo4g3JExH6E/s1600/Rango2.jpg)?

He could also just get a 1st level pearl of power/runestone, which also costs 1000 gp. That way, you have the spell slot back and don't need the belt slot. :smallbiggrin:

Snowbluff
2014-05-06, 09:52 PM
Not to mention my only really valuable spells slots are my second level ones, which are Haste and Lesser Evolution Surge (which does like everything).

Morcleon
2014-05-06, 10:37 PM
Not to mention my only really valuable spells slots are my second level ones, which are Haste and Lesser Evolution Surge (which does like everything).

Isn't haste 3rd level?

Snowbluff
2014-05-06, 10:40 PM
Isn't haste 3rd level?

Summoners get some spells at a lower level.

Ravens_cry
2014-05-06, 10:40 PM
Isn't haste 3rd level?
Not for a Summoner. (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/h/haste)