PDA

View Full Version : Help Pricing Magic Gear + Gear Recommendations

wayfare
2014-05-06, 12:09 PM
Hey All:

I am creating some gear for my level 5 party (Warblade, Archivist, and Ranger) and I am looking for suggestions on what might be good to give them. The campaign in 1.5x WBL, just for reference.

Also, I am away from book, and i am trying to figure out how much an item that functions like gauntlets of ogre power, plus causes any melee weapon you wield to inflict damage as if one size category larger would cost.

Thanks for the help!

--wayfare

Snowbluff
2014-05-06, 12:18 PM
You should look up Shax's Indispensable Haversack.

Strongarm Gauntlets is the item to let you use a bigger weapon. Adding +2 str would cost 6kgp (2^2x1000, then add 50% to the cost to add it to another item). A belt of Str would be better, since it doesn't occupy the same slot it would cost only 4,000 gp.

Morcleon
2014-05-06, 12:33 PM
You should look up Shax's Indispensable Haversack.

Strongarm Gauntlets is the item to let you use a bigger weapon. Adding +2 str would cost 6kgp (2^2x1000, then add 50% to the cost to add it to another item). A belt of Str would be better, since it doesn't occupy the same slot it would cost only 4,000 gp.

Stat bonuses (and resistance to saves and deflect/nat armor/armor to AC) don't requires the +50%, per the MIC. :smallsmile:

Snowbluff
2014-05-06, 12:36 PM
Stat bonuses (and resistance to saves and deflect/nat armor/armor to AC) don't requires the +50%, per the MIC. :smallsmile:

Oh crap, right. Sorry about that, I was AFB. So the cost is just 4kgp more... so the total for a pair of Strongarm Bracers of +2 Strength is 10kgp.

wayfare
2014-05-06, 02:22 PM
Thanks for the feedback, guys. 10k in one item is probably beyond what they should have right now, but maybe i'll allow them to mod the Strongarm bracers at a later date.

Any suggestions for the other party members?

Snowbluff
2014-05-06, 02:25 PM
The arcanist would probably enjoy some off-list spells. Give them something that they wouldn't normally have, like some scrolls from domains that aren't on the cleric spell list, which they can copy into their book.

The ranger... I would like to know what kind of ranger it is. They kind of work on a sliding scale of ranged versus melee combat, and both require different items.

Gildedragon
2014-05-06, 02:29 PM
Archivist: scrolls of druid/paladin/divine bard spells, headband of int, artificer's monocle, the special holy symbols from C Div

Ranger: dragonshard pommel, fancy light armor,