PDA

View Full Version : 3rd Ed Good feats for an Incarnate(True Neutral Paladin from Dragon #310)

Dunsparce
2014-05-06, 02:27 PM
I'm going to be playing as an Incarnate from Dragon Magazine. I want to know some good feat ideas for him. Mostly from Player's Handbook and Player's Handbook II, but other sources are fine as well. I know the class isn't the best, but I thought it'd be fun to try out.

Dunsparce
2014-05-06, 05:23 PM
Am I allowed to post the specifics of the class if someone can't look it up? Or is Dragon content not under the Open Source License?

Gildedragon
2014-05-06, 05:31 PM
You can post the traits you want to enhance. A problem with the incarnate is that it has little to no support. You could go elemental fist or add some druid to boost it...

Doc_Maynot
2014-05-06, 05:38 PM
It's not open source, no.
If it's anything like a normal paladin and you don't want to deal with MAD, you'll want Serenity, It uses Wis instead of Cha for divine grace, lay on hands, smite evil, and turn undead

I hear Sword of the Arcane Order is also a good one to get.

Also Battle Blessing.

Dunsparce
2014-05-06, 05:38 PM
Is there anything that can be done for these two abilities?

-Elemental Burst (Su): Beginning at 2nd level, an incarnate with a Charisma score of 12 or higher can create a burst of energy appropriate to her elemental affinity. Use of this supernatural ability is a standard action. She can direct this burst of energy at any target within 60 feet as a ranged touch attack. A successful hit deals 1d4 points of damage plus the incarnate's Charisma modifier of both of the incarnate's associated energy types. Thus an incarnate who has a Charisma of 13 and is associated with both fire and water would deal 1d4+1 points of fire damage and 1d4+1 points of cold damage to a target struck by the attack. The incarnate can generate a number of elemental bursts per day equal to her Charisma bonus.

-Rebuke Outsider (Su): When an incarnate reaches 4th level, she gains the ability to rebuke or command outsiders. She can only use this ability while she is on the Material Plane. The incarnate can use this ability a number of times per day equal to 3 + her Charisma modifier. The incarnate turns outsiders as a cleric three levels lower would turn undead.

Maybe Elemental Minion too

EDIT: I want to go with straight Incarnate. Extremely unoptimal, but in return my DM will let me have the Dynamic Priest feat since it's not clear if Incarnate counts a a Paladin for Serene or its own class. Even generic feats that don't directly effect my class features would be good.

Gildedragon
2014-05-06, 05:48 PM
Well. There is the empower supernatural ability feat...
The turning ain't that good, so DMM...
Prcing a no go then?

Dunsparce
2014-05-06, 06:00 PM
Now that I think of it, this is really a self-imposed challenge. A base class with no real support because it was from a one-off magazine article instead of a splatbook with many feats that may help it out. I didn't really intend the challenge when I picked it, but I'm really liking the sound of it. Trying to make this class function will be fun.

da_chicken
2014-05-06, 06:16 PM
If I tried to play this I don't think we could get past the Neutral Planet (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpaQpyU_QiM) comments long enough to get to the game.

Dunsparce
2014-05-06, 06:26 PM
Can anyone think of good feats for my elemental minion? It's a medium Elemental that advances like a special mount. I'm picking a fire elemental.