PDA

View Full Version : Bath Age of Worms IC

Pages : 1 [2] 3

DrK
2014-10-05, 11:07 AM
Taluna...

Scaling the tower is easier than she though. The grapple hook catching onto the wide slit and the pock marked walls and stone work allowing ample foot holds as she soon perches on the edge of the massive slit staring 30ft down into the main chamber at the peak of the observatory! A single chamber dominates the entire upper floor and light filters in through a wide slit in the roof bathing the centre of the room in illumination. Four large mirrors set alongside the edge of the walls direct even more light into the centre of the room. The light plays out over the recessed pit, some 6ft deep, in the centre of the room that is now an operating theatre of sorts, the light illuminating a strange blue skinned humanoid laid out on the table, chest open and skin peeled and pinned back to reveal the organs beneath. Two long shelves on the walls are cluttered with papers, rotting organs - some on plates and others in jars - and strange and mostly sharp surgical instruments. Four metal and glass jars, easily large enough to fit a person inside flank the two sets of stairs leading down into the pit. The tanks rusted and leaking a putrid yellow fluid that stains the floor and roll and twist through the smoky glass.

In the centre of the room stands a tall and thin man, gaunt and emaciated with pale skin and rough and unkempt black hair. Leaning over the table he speaks without looking up "Ah...they did not appreciate my genius back in the Free City. Too dark they said... well I shall show them!

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_q4qb20TSy7I/Rx3UHnieB6I/AAAAAAAAACk/1OENBjkSpK4/s320/Filge_grande.jpg

As the man is still bent over the corpse on the table you can see a small skeleton standing behind him clutching a stack papers and acting as an assistant though the strange pockmarks on the bones suggest that the skeleton died of Red Death.... much like the Land family! More bones with the same pock marks are casually dumped in a large wooden bucket labelled "spares" in one corner of the room. Even as he speaks he raises a and shouting "Arise my beauties" and the metal tanks burst open in a wave of vile yellow goo as skinless vaguely humanoid zombies, two with 4 arms, one with two heads (one elf, one lizard) burst forth groaning slightly... He grins and sings and capers happily Soon my genius will not be denied all those foold in the city will take me back into the guild or they shall be on my table!.

Darius..

Like a ghost Darius moves forward to the doors and can see the door isn't locked. Peering the key hole he cannot make much out, the inside shrouded in darkness. Only the faint hint of broken furniture being able to be made out... Without opening the door, something which is easy given it's open you won't see anything else.

Who is opening the door?

ShineyDuck
2014-10-05, 01:36 PM
Glaring down at the necromancer, Taluna sizes up the threats and looks at the zombies as first priority wanting to give the others as much help as she can and distrat accordingly. Steadying herself and drawing back the string she aims at the four armed monster first but with an eye to hit the two headed one with her second shot.

Thin the herd, then kill the shepard...

She mutters to herself as she fires her opening salvo, 1 into her lined up 4 armed monster and 1 into the two headed one

Rapid shot. Favoured enemy (undead)

4 arm
to hit
[roll0]
damage
[roll1]

2 head
to hit
[roll2]
damage
[roll3]

Not including point blank shot...assuming slightly out of range but if not +1 to hit and damage please

Luke GG
2014-10-05, 04:28 PM
Loki waits for the door to be opened, as he is not in front of it.

when the door is open 30 ft move and ready to cast Balefire (30ft range) as the caster. If I need 60ft move then I do that.

Flames [roll0] screaming fire does nothing more till lvl 10. Ref for half (DC16).

Edit that was once per day Nooooo....

Mark_L
2014-10-06, 01:34 AM
Pazuzu steps through the door, sword held at the ready in the demon freakishly long arms.

Prepared: [roll0] [roll1]
AoO: [roll2] [roll3]

Tombs
2014-10-06, 08:02 AM
Keeping out of sight, Darius pushes the door open to allow the others to advance through.

When they are in and chaos inevitably ensues, he will sneak through and take cover somewhere out of sight.

The general plan is to try and creep around to the necromancer, but that will depend on the lie of the land when we're in.

DrK
2014-10-06, 02:44 PM
Taluna

The arrows whistle down sinking into two of the newly born zombies creatures. Taluna's hatred and knowledge of the creatures finding the weak spots. The necromancer looks up at the slit in the glass with a mixture of anger and glee... "A petty thief eh? no-one will miss you when you join my pets. A pretty one I shall make you!"

The 4 zombies shamble around the necromancer using their bodies to shield him whilst the small skeleton of a dead girl standing beside him pulls out a crossbow and lets fly with a twang. The necromancer himself points a crooked finger at Taluna, a ray of blackness streaking up seeking to sap the young ranger's strength...

Skeleton with a crossbow [roll0] dam [roll1]
Filge the necromancer [roll2] ranged touch for [roll3] temp strength penalty Fort DC 16 for half

Darius, Lillith and Loki

On the ground floor the doors slide open and light spills into the trashed entryroom. Broken chairs and tables and desks litter the room and amidst the broken furniture stand a quartet of skeletons. 2 appear to be human adults, red pocks on the bones from the victims of the Red Death. The other two larger humans, probably miners you'd guess but with extra bones attached at random places giving them a fearsome appearance.
Pazzazu swings his sword as he enters crashing into the nearest one with a shower of bone chips.
Loki follows in, weapons in hand and dark balefire crackling in his fist... Darius moving more quietly. The room is quiet with a pair of doors at the back that must lead further into the observatory and lead to the ground floor of the tower. Three of the skeletons at the back heft crossbows firing at the demon, the one that was struck stepping forward with long raking claws.

Skeleton x-bows at Pazazu
[roll4] dam [roll5]
[roll6] dam [roll7]
[roll8] dam [roll9]

5ft step and claw the monster
[roll10] dam [roll11]
[roll12] dam [roll13]

Taluna is on the 3rd floor of the tower. The rest of party is coming in the ground floor on the right hand side up the stone path. Very different fights.
http://th00.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/i/2012/354/6/2/the_observatory_by_hero339-d5om1x4.jpg

Luke GG
2014-10-06, 05:23 PM
Loki Seeing nothing than undead dismisses the black flames, and moves in to help the demon.

[roll0]
[roll1]
Damage from a heavy mace if that makes a difference

ShineyDuck
2014-10-06, 06:23 PM
Taluna winces as she feels her strength ebbing away but turns this fear into hatered, changing her aim and giving the skeleton of the child 2 arrows in quick sucession. She snarls at the necromancer in her first tounge, his spell only making her more determined.

(in orc) I will rend your body broken and spill your worthless fluids goblin fodder!

Rapid shot, though suffering from lack of strength both at the littel girl skeleton archer
(including -2 strength penalty and rapid shot)

Shot 1
[roll0]

[roll1]

and i think the 18 confirms so +19 damage please! Woo!

[roll2]

[roll3]

Mark_L
2014-10-07, 02:53 AM
Pazuzu let's out a huge squawk as the arrows this into him, lashing out with great fury at the skeleton clawing him.

Lilith meanwhile channels a spell into the eidolon to keep him in the fight, the eidolon's wounds closing up.

Ooof, Eidolon AC is not so great, pretty close call!
Attack (w/power attack) [roll0] [roll1]
Rejuvenate eidolon (lesser): [roll2]

Tombs
2014-10-08, 01:18 PM
Darius remains concealed and creeps around to the door, scoping the place out.

Stealth: [roll0]
Perception: [roll1]

DrK
2014-10-08, 03:11 PM
In the tower top
The necromancer ducks behind his zombies curses as arrows shatter the skeleton behind him, bone chips flying everywhere. The wizard looks up at her, words mumbling and stumbling as he wishes her to sleep, and given her precarious stance that may not be safe!

While cowering behind zombies Sleep! Will DC14 resist!

Entryway

Loki runs in, blunt mace shattering the one previously battered by Pazazu, the towering eidolon smashing another even as his wounds close with Lilliths magic. With Loki, lillith and the eidolon inside Darius races around the side of the tower looking at the rope left dangling by Taluna...
The remaining skeletons, one fires point blank at Loki, the other dropping the bow and clawing at Pazazu.

Loki [roll0] dam [roll1]

Paz [roll2] dam [roll3]
Paz [roll4] dam [roll5]

Darius- can climb Taluna rope and go to her level or either level below.

Luke GG
2014-10-08, 04:03 PM
Loki bashes the archer.

to hit (power attack) [roll0]
damage [roll1]

ShineyDuck
2014-10-08, 07:17 PM
Taluna aims at the next undead before the spell hits her, her conciousness going woozy and everything turning to black...

Failed will save, asleep!

Mark_L
2014-10-09, 04:10 AM
Pazuzu stalks forward, sword swinging at the remaining skeleton.

[roll0] [roll1]

DrK
2014-10-09, 01:11 PM
Pazazu smashes a skeleton to pieces as Loki beside him crushes another. Only one left that dodges a massive blow of the greatsword. The last skeleton looking less than impressed as it steps back, reloading the crossbow with practiced and gnarled bony fingers...

5ft back, move reload, standard shoot the massive eidolon!
[roll0] dam [roll1]

On the roof Darius can just see Taluna plummeting from view, her vantage point leaning against the edge of the massive telescope slit suddenly less good as she lapses into a deep sleep and plummets to the floor by the the necromancer and his zombies!

She wakes up, pain radiating through her body, the stench and fluids from 4 zombies leaking all over her and the necroamcer's muttered... Take her to the table... we can begin at once....

Hmm... zombie bait or necromancer's plaything!
falling [roll2]
4 zombie gangbang grapple [roll3] touch vs prone/FF Taluna
Grapple [roll4] with all the assists!

ShineyDuck
2014-10-09, 03:29 PM
Groggily Taluna fights back, trying to wriggle free of the undead manhandling her to the table, though well aware her injuries are severe a she sees a trail of blood coming from her as the zombies carry her. She kicks lashes out and does everything in her power to free her arms opting not to bite them as unsure what she would catch, but prepared to if she has to.

Get off me! I will rip you apart you graveyard freaks!

She screams as she tries with all her might to get free, but the numbers and her diminished stregth leave the odds not in her favour starting to look paniced and afraid as they get her closer to the table kicking more furiously.

grapple cheak
[roll0]

Utterly ehausted and showing signs of concussion she whimpers a little as her struggling is an embarressing show of effort

Luke GG
2014-10-09, 04:42 PM
With the last one gone Loki moves to the next door and opens it (if he can).

Tombs
2014-10-09, 05:15 PM
Darius heads for where Tali has fallen.

Ideally, want to move somewhere I can leap on the necromancer from a hidden position. I guess that's more than one round?

Mark_L
2014-10-11, 03:07 AM
"NO SOUL" Pazuzu intones, seemingly unsatisfied with the slaughter of the undead.

Lilith touches one gingerly with her boot, affecting a relatively casual attitude as she is blissfully unaware of events above.
"Nasty business this, these poor folks suffered enough in life"

Lilith calls to Loki in Abyssal.
"Be careful there, probably more of these behind - Pazuzu, get up there"

Luke GG
2014-10-11, 04:12 AM
"NO SOUL" Pazuzu intones, seemingly unsatisfied with the slaughter of the undead.

Lilith touches one gingerly with her boot, affecting a relatively casual attitude as she is blissfully unaware of events above.
"Nasty business this, these poor folks suffered enough in life"

Lilith calls to Loki in Abyssal.
"Be careful there, probably more of these behind - Pazuzu, get up there"

the undead will burn in the black flames and there creator will know true pain

DrK
2014-10-11, 08:44 AM
Ground floor

With Loki and Pazazu in the lead you push through the side building, a few rooms of broken furniture all you can see. The door to the base of the main tower in front opens to Loki's touch. As the door opens the revolting stench of rotting flesh rolls from the open door. In the room beyond ten chairs surround a long wooden dining table. A staircase on the North wall leads upwards to the next level. A couple more small doors hang ajar leading to what are presumably stores of various sorts.

The table is set with silver candles and a dinner set and in all of the chair save for a grand on at the head of the table sits an awkward decomposing zombiefied figure. Some sit with splendid posture, others pose with glass and silver fork but none are moving. Plates of fresh food and bottles of wine sit in front of each of the 9 still undead. Only the unoccupied place at the had of the table looks used. A dirty plate left half eaten and a half drunk glass of wine. The zombies do not react as the party leap into action... the whole thing having the feeling of some sort of grotesque pantomime.

1st Floor

Darius slides through a window like a ghost. Noise upstairs of struggling and a mans voice while Loki's voice and Pazazu's growl echoes faintly from below. A massive bedchamber that fills an entire floor of the observatory tower. Light filtering down from the tall windows ringing the chamber catches the motes of dust in the calm air. A fine bed with plump red linen sheets squats upon the dais along the southwest side. A nightstand holds a wax choked candlestick and a black book bound with red and brown leather. Wide stairs lead from two corners up to the level above.

At the midpoint of the east wall stand a strange form atop a small stool. Clothed in fine black silk with a tall hat and wrapped in bandages the figure is about the size of a goblin. A pair of black quartz glasses rest upon its nose and in its hands it holds a filigreed silver tray with a severed female head upon it, a platinum coin on the head's protruding tongue.

A messy desk rests against the opposite wall piled high with loose papers and an apparatus holding four long tubes of thick viscid liquid. Beside that stands a tall statue of a thin human man with a set of stylised angelic wings and a sword and harp held in its hands. The stone statue gives the idea of a mausoleum or grave and bears an inscription of Filge upon its base.

The stairs lead both up and down a short way from your silent entrance

Top floor

The strange blue body is pushed off the table with a wet splat. Taluna rammed down hard in its place. Strong bonds wrapped around arms and feet pinning her in place. The necromancer looks down at her, week old stubble on his face and breath stinking of stale garlic and red wine. Sorry little thief. You chose the wrong house. Now what to do. You are strong, maybe a pack beast, though perhaps more arms hmm? Or horns?. He continues to speak as he rifles through a stack of ornate and sharp tools...

ShineyDuck
2014-10-11, 09:23 AM
Not a thief!

She screams at him desperately, struggling in the bonds looking less and less happy by the passing second her eyes widening seeing the tools in his hands and his word of mutilation and modification making her struggle more urgently. Though with his spell making her so much weaker than usual her efforts are totally in vein and her vicious threats of earlier replaced with a pathetic sniffling as her eyes well up with terrified tears.

Please...

She wails desperately as fear consumes her, claustrophobic flashbacks of similar torture from her youth only making it harder to keep her cool.

Luke GG
2014-10-11, 03:43 PM
Loki point up the stairs and starts to move (hoping that the strange scene will not get up and start moving). If it is dark cast light.

Loki will move more quickly in there direction

Tombs
2014-10-11, 04:01 PM
Hearing the sounds of Tali in extreme distress, Darius sneaks rapidly towards the stairs.

Dunno if the goblin / golem is a creature or a hatstand, but lets get moving.

I'm assuming the noises are from above me.

Stealth, if still needed: [roll0]

DrK
2014-10-12, 01:49 AM
Top floor

The man looks at Taluna. You creep on the roof. Break one of my servants and damage two of my creations. Tsk tsk. But you are noisy. I think maybe we may stitch your mouth shut.

Speaking quietly he starts rifling on the shelf before finding some twine and a large fishing needle.

Darius creeps up, the strange goblin apparently just a very over the top hat stand. Peering over the lip of the side of the stairs he can make out the room beyond. 4 strange alchemical coffins open and in the recessed floor an operating table with 4 zombies - 2 sporting arrows - surrounding an imprisoned Taluna. A grubby looking man rustling on a shelf filled with blades and razors and pincers.

Ground floor

Loki summons light illuminating the grisly dinner that lies partly set. But none of the guests move or twitch.

Luke GG
2014-10-12, 04:59 AM
Loki moves on hopefully with support.

you coming ?? I do not want to be here any longer than needed. Dam undead, why does it always have to be undead~?

ShineyDuck
2014-10-12, 06:20 AM
Taluna starts frantically struggling again definitely not wanting her mouth sewn shut snarling and fighting against the restraints as best she can.

Mark_L
2014-10-12, 12:29 PM
"I don't like this..Pazuzu, chop their heads off"

The big Eidolon's face twists in disgust as he hacks the skeletons to pieces.

Luke GG
2014-10-12, 02:29 PM
What are you doing. We should move through this as fast as possible, doing this, is not going to make this a happy place to live or any less than what it is.

Mark_L
2014-10-12, 02:35 PM
What are you doing. We should move through this as fast as possible, doing this, is not going to make this a happy place to live or any less than what it is.

"What's the rush? Besides, I don't like leaving these things behind us - we might get trapped"

Luke GG
2014-10-12, 05:03 PM
I do not like it here. playing with the undead is not the way of things, and he could be making more.

DrK
2014-10-14, 02:51 PM
Top Floor

The gag tied in place with a rotting had is partially effective at stifling the screams, the rotten finger tip falling off and lodging in Taluna's throat much more effective. Rot and chemical fluids burning her throat... Filge the necromancer chuckles as he stands over her, needle and thread in hand.
To the side Darius creeps like a ghost to one of the now empty caskets at the edge of the recessed pit that is now an operating theatre. Crouching down behind the coffin now only some 15ft away from the necromancer and his undead minions.

Ground Floor

Pazzazu swings his sword a couple of times smashing a pair of zombies off their chairs in wet squelchy pieces. The others do not react or twitch at all. The strange scene still resembling a pantomime save for the unoccupied chair with a mostly finished plate of food at it. But what sort of deviant would dine at such a table! Loki stands on the stairs waiting impatiently, his view of the next floor showing a messy bedroom with a strange goblin of some kind embalmed and holding a tray. It doesn't seem to be moving. A bit further away a stone statue of a man with great angelic wings dominates the room. THe stairs up to the top floor quite close, the sounds of muffled screams and shouts from the top floor.

Luke GG
2014-10-14, 03:16 PM
Loki gets board watching and moves up to the goblin and strikes him down in the attempt to speed things up.

ShineyDuck
2014-10-14, 03:47 PM
Taluna gagged, choking and looking even more upset merely pleads with desperation with her eyes at the vile necromancer about to sew her mouth shut shaking her head gently at him looking even more pathetic than she did a few moments ago. Not even sure why she is bothering but willing to try anything as she muffles more wails and whimpers at him hoping and wishing all her good thoughts to him not being bad enough to carry this out and also to her friends and a potential dramatic rescue. The rotten finger making her want to retch badly but knowing she cant makes her fight back this urge so she doesn't choke to death, but her tears coming freely now from her pitch black eyes half from the choking the finger is causing and half from the utter feeling of helplessness and terror at what is happening to her.

Mark_L
2014-10-17, 03:18 AM
Pazuzu finishes his grisly task and the pair stalk upstairs after Loki

Tombs
2014-10-19, 02:56 PM
Darius rockets from cover and pounces on the necromancer, grabbing him from behind and dragging the kukri across his throat. As the man stumbles, he yells at him

Call them off or you'll be eating your own hands.

Move and stab.

Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1] Sneak: [roll2]

If we're in combat rounds I can't actually intimidate properly, but here's a roll in case you're feeling kind: [roll3]

DrK
2014-10-21, 03:25 PM
Filge staggers back, hand to his throat as the kukri cuts deep. Ah! Another thief. Get him my pretties. Get him now!. Stepping back and scrabbling around in his long grubby robes he pulls out a long syringe filled with a thick gloopy liquid and injects it into his leg. Two of the zombies, the ones without arrows move to intercept Darius, long fists hammering at the thief. The other two still pinning down the thrashing Taluna.

Filge 5ft away and inject self with False life [roll0]
Zombie 1 [roll1] dam [roll2]
Zombie 2 [roll3] dam [roll4]

A floor down as the mummified goblin is smashed by Loki the sounds of fighting can be heard upstairs clearly by Loki, Pazazu and Lillith...

Luke GG
2014-10-21, 05:17 PM
Loki hearing the fight above runs up to see what is going on.

I said I hate the undead.

Tombs
2014-10-21, 05:57 PM
Darius follows the necromancer.

I warned you.

5' step in, out of flank if possible and attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

Mark_L
2014-10-22, 12:59 AM
Lilith and Pazuzu race upstairs at the sounds of fighting.

ShineyDuck
2014-10-22, 05:20 PM
Taluna keeps writhing on the operating table a moderation of relief across her face at Darius' timely arrival, though still looking considerably upset at her situation and hoping the others are not far behind.

DrK
2014-10-23, 03:30 PM
Filge backs away as the kukri lashes by his face. The two zombies move in to restrain the thief as Filge curses him soundly. A shimmering field of black energy forming around his body. "Grab that one. If there are two thieves we can make them one I believe..." the last said with a cruel chuckle!

The two zombies obey, hands reaching to restrain Darius.. THe third rushing across to pounce upon Darius as well...

Z1 Grapple time! [roll0] grapple vs CMD [roll1]
Z2 Grapple time! [roll2] grapple vs CMD [roll3]
Z4 Grapple time! [roll4] grapple vs CMD [roll5]

Taluna thrashes and wriggles in the straps whilst the stairs thunder with heavy footsteps as the others thunder up towards the top floor...

You can start trying to break free if you

Luke GG
2014-10-23, 04:28 PM
As Loki tops the stairs and see the since.

Arr the puppet master. I have a special place in the abyss for you.

hit [roll0]
damage [roll1]

ShineyDuck
2014-10-23, 06:13 PM
Gagged so she cant bite the straps with her powerful teeth the lithe half orc tries just using brute strength to attempt to get free and away form any horrific melding experiment this evil madmad has in his head concerning her and Darius. Even diminished by his spell her arms still very powerful muscles bulging as she attempts to break free of the bonds binding her to the table.

Strength cheak
[roll0]

(add 2 if you wanted a CMB cheak instead)

Tombs
2014-10-28, 03:17 PM
Darius flinches back as the zombies grab for him, lashing out with the point of his weapon. Unable to dodge them all, he is caught by the third one and relaxes in the creature's grasp, looking for room to escape.

AoO against the first one grabbing at me, assuming it doesn't have the appropriate abilities to avoid it.
[roll0]

Then on my turn, attempt to escape the grapple with an Escape Artist check: [roll2]
If that works, 5' up to the necromancer if possible - ideally backing him into a corner so he can't cast without provoking an AoO.

DrK
2014-10-29, 05:32 PM
Even as the zombies struggle with Darius and Taluna the oracle rumbles in but sadly misses, blade swinging wide of the mark. Taluna thrashing and struggling is ignored by the zombies and the necromancer as they turn on the newcomer with a savage fury. Three of the monsters swinging and clubbing with long clawed fists at Loki. The final one, Darius in his slimy hands begins to drag the thief towards the strange alchemical coffin that birthed him...

Vs Loki
[roll0] dam [roll1]
[roll2] dam [roll3]
[roll4] dam [roll5]

Vs Darius
control the grapple to drag Darius towards the coffin [roll6]

THe necromancer stands still watching the zombies pinning and pounding on the two attackers. Glancing at Taluna he almost whispers an aside to her. "I did not expect so many guests. Balabar had promised me seclusion. Though... more friends, perhaps some more guests at the dinner table."

Readies to cast a spell....

ShineyDuck
2014-10-29, 06:25 PM
Taluna shakes her head at him clearly quite a sad little half orc pleading with her eyes as her weakened muscles strain at their bonds.

Break out the operating table straps
[roll0]

Mark_L
2014-10-30, 03:01 AM
Pazuzu crashes through the doorway and immediately begins to hack at the undead.

Lilith, quietly crouched outside calls for aid from the abyss..

Pazuzu move/attack w:power attack [roll0] [roll1]
Lilith casts summon monster..

Didn't we level, lilith's sheet looks like level 1 still :-/

Luke GG
2014-10-30, 02:37 PM
Loki burns the mage.

I would stop before unspeakable things happen to you.

With that flames appear around him accompanied by the soft screams of the dammed in the background.

9 damage roll in OOC ref DC 16 for half

Tombs
2014-10-30, 02:44 PM
Darius goes completely limp, attempting to throw the zombie off balance.

Another Escape Artist check: [roll0]

If this succeed, want to step away from the zombie.

DrK
2014-10-31, 09:02 AM
The ranger strains and flexes in the straps as Filge looms over her but cannot et free, the straps starting to draw blood as she flails and thrashes. With a great bounding leap the massive eidolon leaps out but the zombies remeber some of their former life, one ducking back and Pazazu's blade hitting nothing but empty air.

Loki steps back from the undead pounding on him and casts forth a streamer of black fire that burns Filge who curses unhappily. Darius with only 1 zombie now attacking him wriggles and plays dead before the zombie dros him as he is able to spring away.

Ref [roll0]

Filge shouts above the commotion, his knife pressing against Taluna's throat Stop, you all freeze right now or I shall bleed her like a suckling pig.. The zombies all step back, fists held high at Filge's cmental commands...

Filge threatening to Coup de grae Taluna
- zombies all readied
- 2 on loki
- 2 on pazzaziu

ShineyDuck
2014-10-31, 03:02 PM
Taluna goes rigid with fear closing her eyes tight no longer fighting to get free.

Mark_L
2014-11-02, 02:07 AM
Lilith finishes her spell and a large unpleasant looking dog appears behind the necromancer, growling menacingly and grabbing his crotch.

"Let her go, or fido here is going to have a little chop"

Touch attack for the fiendish dog [roll0]
Intimidate [roll1]

Good job he's already in the grapple.. Rubbish touch attack!

Luke GG
2014-11-02, 06:39 AM
There is no scenario where you live dark one. Beg if you have to but today will be your last. Drop the girl and I will make it quick.

Why do we not rush him. I am sure I can save the girl.

Tombs
2014-11-02, 11:56 AM
Ignored by all, Darius rolls behind cover and starts making his way around to strike at the necromancer.

Move and hiding.
Stealth check: [roll0]

DrK
2014-11-02, 04:12 PM
The dog appearing and lunging at his bits gives Filge a reflex as he jams the blade down at Taluna's throat, though the sudden action denies him the chance to casually sever her throat. he blade, a thin strip of amber liquid on one edge does still plunge into, slicing into her collar bone. The 4 zombies also act, releasing their pent up frustration as they hammer at the eidolon and the warlike oracle.
"Make it quick you say... I will make it slow and have your skin as a kite to flap behind me as a tribute to your stupidity...

Zombie vs Loki [roll0] dam [roll1]
Zombie vs Loki [roll2] dam [roll3]
Zombie vs Paz [roll4] dam [roll5]
Zombie vs Paz [roll6] dam [roll7]

Filge stabs Taluna [roll8] and Fort DC14 or [roll9] dex

ShineyDuck
2014-11-02, 08:29 PM
Taluna whimpers briefly into the gag as the knife cuts and makes a mild struggle before passing out either to blood loss or utter terror.

Mark_L
2014-11-03, 08:49 AM
As her childhood friend is dropped like a limp rag in a pool of blood, Lilith cries out

"Nooo!! Kill him!"

The feral dog and Pazuzu both spring forward to do their mistress' bidding as she prepares to summon more denizens of the abyss

Fiendish dog, I choose you: bite [roll0] [roll1]
Pazuzu, I choose you: great sword power attack [roll2] [roll3]

Edit: in case it's not clear, the dog is attacking filge, Paz will as well if he can step and use reach, otherwise a zombie..

Luke GG
2014-11-03, 01:43 PM
Loki moves to the bleeding body and heals

cure light wounds [roll0]

DrK
2014-11-03, 04:14 PM
The massive eidolon leaps forward, hurling zombies out of the way as the necromancer screams as the dog sinks its fangs into his leg, seconds later the necromancer is smashed to the ground in a bloodied heap as Pazazu's massive blade shears the pale dark haired man in half. The zombies go beserk flailing and punching at all things. Two of them swinging and bashing at the oracle as he leaps forward, hands on Taluna's throat as the healing energy heals the savage slash, knitting the flesh together.

The zombies lash and punch the eidolon and the oracle, one of them pounding upon Taluna as well...

AoO on Pazazu [roll0] dam [roll1]
AoO on Loki [roll2] dam [roll3]

Attack Loki [roll4] dam [roll5]
Attack Pazazu [roll6] dam [roll7]
Attack the prone Taluna [roll8] Vs FF-5 dam [roll9]
Attack Pazazu [roll10] dam [roll11]

Luke GG
2014-11-03, 05:23 PM
when it is Loki's next turn. if everything is not dead.

[roll0]
[roll1]

ShineyDuck
2014-11-03, 07:02 PM
Taluna stirs as Loki channels healing magic into her but just as it looks like she might open her eyes a zombie thumps hard into her making her black out again.

Mark_L
2014-11-07, 04:30 PM
The dog winks out and an irate eagle appears above one of the zombies, claws and teeth rending undead flesh. Meanwhile Pazuzu continues his assault on the maddened undead, sword swooping and a ball of acid flying from lilith's outstretched palm.

Crazy Eagle:
Claw 1: [roll0] [roll1]
Claw 2: [roll2] [roll3]
Beak: [roll4] [roll5]

Pazuzu:
Power attack [roll6] [roll7]

Lilith acid:
Acid splash: [roll8] [roll9]

DrK
2014-11-09, 03:54 AM
Between Loki's blade, Pazazu and his cleaver a red feathered demonic eagle, Darius and Lillith three more zombies are killed, the wounded one lasting mere moments before it too is ripped apart leaving you masters of the strange and grisly observatory filled with death. Similar to two of the skeletons from downstairs the one that had been shattered by Taluna in the tower bears the strange pocked bones of someone who died from the red pox. The sizes also fit with what must be the little ghost's father, mother and sister.

Searching around there is a wealth of strange alchemical and necromantic creepy alchemical supplies. Including a strange bottle with a vile looking green worm within it.

http://theoldworld.wdfiles.com/local--files/kyuss-worms/study_kyussworm.png

Downstairs in the bedroom with the statue that you realise is an idealised version of the necromancer himself that he commisioned from the Free City is the man's spell books and more interesting his diary. Filled with rants about the guild in the Free City that expelled him and various rather gut churning pictures and theories on how to make strange undead creations from various humanoids. There is also a letter that you find interesting mentioning one Balabar Smenk, one of the nastiest and most corrupt mine managers in Diamond Lake.

http://cdn.obsidianportal.com/assets/60480/Filgeletter.jpg

Know (local) may give advice
Know (religion)(arcana) may help with the weird worm

Amulet of Natural Armour +1
Potion of Cure light
Healing/Alchemy ornate kit (~500gp)
20gp Emerald
Silver Tray (~50gp)
Syringe of Cure moderate, False Life, Gentle Repose, Chill touch, Ghoul touch
Scroll [Animate Dead]
SpellBook
1st: Cause fear, chill touch, identify, mage armour, magic missile, Enfeeble
2nd: Command undead, magic mouth, scare, spectral hand, Touch idiocy

Luke GG
2014-11-09, 06:14 AM
Loki seeing the now quite seen turns to heal the downed ally.

How did she get in this mess ?

[roll0]

one lvl one spell left people.

Mark_L
2014-11-09, 06:27 AM
Lilith rushes over to her childhood friend, cradling her head as Dairus unties her and Loki heals.

Once Tali is back on her feet Lilith looks closely at the little green worm, shaking and turning the tube...

"hmm, very strange"

Also, detectorous magicus if that helps

Knowledge (arcana) [roll0]

Add one.. Forgot to guidance self

ShineyDuck
2014-11-09, 08:00 AM
With a muffled splutter Taluna jerks back to life. Looking somewhat paniced though as her eyes rapidly take in the situation her panic subsides. Pulling at the bonds still binding her looking very sorry for herself and still trying not to wretch into the gag pleading for more help from Loki.

Luke GG
2014-11-09, 08:14 AM
With a muffled splutter Taluna jerks back to life. Looking somewhat paniced though as her eyes rapidly take in the situation her panic subsides. Pulling at the bonds still binding her looking very sorry for herself and still trying not to wretch into the gag pleading for more help from Loki.

Oh yes of course. There was a worm in a jar. My fault.

Loki hits the bonds.

Tombs
2014-11-09, 11:55 AM
Darius cuts Tali's bonds and removes her gag as Loki administers some healing.

You ok there? Looked like a nasty fall. Sorry - next time I'll stick with you.

When Lily reads out the note he frowns.

I recognise that description...

Knowledge (local): [roll0]

Then as everyone starts staring at the worm he heads over to the necromancer's body.

Promise is a promise. He murmurs. Nobody messes with my friends.

Quickly and efficiently he slices off the necromancer's hands and rams them into his mouth.

ShineyDuck
2014-11-09, 12:29 PM
Taluna vomits hard over the side of the operating table sniffing gratefully as she is freed but altogether looking very much worse for wear. Heaving until she finishes emptying her stomach, extremely glad to have that thing from her throat gasping in air hungrily.

Thank you...

she mumbles quietly when she finally getting her breath back enough. Its genuine and heart felt but at the same time sounds like she has had more than her fill of this horrible room and wants her bed and a drink or several to drown out the recent horrific memories. She gets off the table a little shakily glaring at the corpse of the necromancer but not wanting to go anywhere near it even if Darius has mutliated it it seems to still be freaking her out a little.

She snatches her bow from the floor and keeps looking to the exit hoping everyone can finish in here sooner rather than later.

Luke GG
2014-11-09, 05:00 PM
That worm does not look friendly in the slightest, it might be a good idea just to burn it. I do not wish to linger here.

Loki picks up a body and starts to move to put it back in the grave outside.

Tombs
2014-11-10, 03:36 PM
Darius gently puts his arm around Tali and leads her out.

Seen enough in here. We'll see you outside when you've finished playing with your worm.

DrK
2014-11-10, 03:46 PM
Darius considers the worm before realising that the best person to ask is probably Magister Allustan, the wizard in the town who dwells in his laboratory tower adjacent to the Major's quarters. Sensible seeing as the wizard is the mayor's brother - though by all accounts fare more honest. Smenk is a different creature. Corrupt, criminal, thuggish, petty and violent he is amongst the worst of the mine managers and dabbles in all the seediest parts of Diamond Lake with a reputation of doing anything for money or power for himself.

Leaving the necromancer amongst his creations the party troop back across the rolling grassy and shrub covered trees to the remains of the Land family farm. The broken skeletons of the family are soon buried beside the recently recovered young Alastor. For a second the ghostly boy rises from the ground, before begining to fade from sight, his words a breath on the wind "The door is open.." before he smiles at things beyond what you can see and runs forward, fading into nothingness as he leaps forward up into the arms of a mother that none of you can see...

To the tomb or back to Diamond Lake

ShineyDuck
2014-11-10, 08:15 PM
Taluna hugging to Darius as a kindy prop in a very harrowing hour as he helps her outside, smiling gratefully as he helps her out of that hell hole.

Looking very downcast and in need of some serious rest the half orc looks to the others with a miserable pleading look

Please can we go home? tomorrow go back to the tomb...but i want an ale and my bed!

She says still looking rather pathetic, the nasty shock of the evening having broken her usual feisty will, and seeming quite useless to the rest of the party in this current state.

Luke GG
2014-11-11, 02:20 PM
hum you still do not look good. It might be best to rest before we go back in. We might be able to sell of the worm or at lest know more about it.

[roll0]

ShineyDuck
2014-11-11, 03:04 PM
Looking considerably better with that final healing Taluna offers a toothy smile, though still very much wanting her bed and that drink now and a good nights rest.

DrK
2014-11-12, 01:22 AM
Leaving the graves you head back the dismal mud and shouts and screams of Diamond Lake. The late hour filling the town with filthy mud covered miners pouring into the gambling dens, whorehouses and taverns.

Pushing through the streets you make it back to Darius and Lilliths small house. Just a kitchen and sitting room downstairs and 3 tiny bedrooms above. There after some ale and a warm meal you are all able to get some rest...

Rest safely
LEVEL 3!
Where to in the morning?

ShineyDuck
2014-11-12, 10:04 PM
Taluna crashes out early making use of the spare room after an ale and some food. The great axe they took left with the rest of her equipment downstairs, a valuable asset they might be able to trade for something more useful. She sleeps a little fit fully, nightmares of the event of the evening still in her mind but does get through the night feeling rested and over the incident when she wakes in the morning, thankful and knowing she owes much to her friends.

Tombs
2014-11-13, 08:43 AM
Darius will sit up late into the night, considering the events of the day and wondering at the path events are taking. Until recently he has been scraping a living in the local slums, doing odd jobs of various legality. Today he faced mortal danger, fought zombies and saw nearly saw Taluna die. The twisted evil of the necromancer was very different to anything he'd seen in the slums where life was cheap and you looked out for your own.

Eventually he falls asleep, wondering what the next day will bring and whether the life he knew in the slums is at an end.

Mark_L
2014-11-13, 01:43 PM
Lilith and Pazuzu hole themselves up in their room after returning to town, Lilith making sure her brother and friend are well before hurrying up the stairs to her room.

Anyone who cares to investigate will see strange lights flashing underneath the door, a distinct smell of brimstone, and a quickly silenced guttural howl.

Tombs
2014-11-13, 02:33 PM
The following morning Darius is up early and in the small kitchen preparing breakfast. Everyone else awakens to the smells of baking bread and frying bacon.

DrK
2014-11-14, 04:19 PM
The next morning to tomb beckons once again. The party now feeling the benefit of a few days of solid adventuring are once again ready to battle. Once again they stand within the walls of the Whispering Cairn, the chamber of lanterns bathing them in colours as they approach the rope leading them up to the face in the wall and the hopefully open doorway leading into what must be the true tomb of Zosiel behind the portal. As you all reach the face in the wall and stare across the beam you can see the door lies open! As one you all cross the beam the trap deactivated and into the true majesty of the tomb beyond...

The cavernous chamber beyond is breathtaking. Consisting of a large stone walkway around a deep chasm that plunges into darkness. Four platforms lead from the walkway to a central ring of pink marble but two are broken. Bright light reminiscent of a summer's day filters from the ceiling some forty foot above.

Four wide galleries line the outer wall covered with enormous bas relief vistas. A sighing wind is the only noise as a huge column of air rushes out of the central circle. The of rippling wind extends vertically and through a small hole in the domed ceiling 40ft above!

http://aow-old-schizm.wikispaces.com/file/view/Cairn-4.jpg/30504001/Cairn-4.jpg

Luke GG
2014-11-18, 02:56 PM
Loki moves to inspect the possible ways forward.

ShineyDuck
2014-11-18, 03:03 PM
Taluna moves to the front of the group quietly and carefully, her bow out and her keen eyes watching for both enemies and traps, her bow with an arrow knocked.

Sneak
[roll0]

Perception
[roll1]
(additional +2 racial vs trap finding

DrK
2014-11-19, 02:19 AM
Loki and Taluna move forward. The orcs keen senses seeing nothing untoward as they split up walking around the edges of the gallery. Walking around the galleries the walls seem to shift and flow, the flow of air swirling around and the pictures on the walls shifting and moving telling a tale. It tells the story of Zosiel, one of the Wind Dukes of Aquaa. They lived in an idyllic manner the first mural depicting where Vaati relax in the fields, the worlds of the vaati circles in the skies. Then came the queen of chaos, worlds fell and the Vaati were driven back by the wolf-spider..., the swirling eddies on the mural depicting the spread of a shadow and the disruption of the vaati world.

The second gallery shows a gathering of the Wind Duke warriors dressed in their ceremonial armour, one in the centre marked with rune of Zosiel who lies here within the tomb. And above him is the Grand Duke Icosiol as the legions pay homage to him on the fields of Pesh before the great battle against chaos.

The 3rd mural shows the great dukes, the wandering dukes Amophar, Darbos, Emoniel, Icosiol, Penader, Qadeej and Uriel presenting the Rod of Seven Parts to the council of Vaati . The mural is beautiful, the rod a majestic depiction on the stones as its split into seven and reformed within the shifting pattern, the wandering dukes named in the Chronicle of Chan created it and gave it to the senior Vaati council.

The last gallery shows the fall of the Vaati, THe final battle between Law and Chaos on the shores of Lake Pesh where diamond lake stands now. The wandering Duke Qadeej impaling Miska the wolf spider with the rod of law. THe pair of them vanishing even as Icosiol falls dead, stricken by a glance from the demonic four armed wolf headed demonic god....

Even as the murals shift and twist with currents of air the massive central
column of air continues to blast upwards to the hole in the domed ceiling.

Mark_L
2014-11-19, 02:39 AM
Lilith and Pazuzu investigate the central column of air.

"Only one thing for it. In you go"

Pazuzu gives his mistress a withering look before drawing his sword and stepping into the column of air..

DrK
2014-11-19, 02:50 AM
Even as Pazazu steps forward onto the bridge across to the central platform the pillar of air glows with blue light and coalecese into two shimmering armoured figures that seem to be armour and weapons held together by whispering winds...

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_wwF1aqY1MXQ/TArjlDQhNXI/AAAAAAAAB2M/uGIrZnrIJb4/s1600/solar_encounter.jpg

One carrying a shimmering longbow, the other a pair of blue crystal blades.

Darius, Taluna
Wind warriors
Lillith, Loki

The central platform is 30ft wide, 10ft if which is a column of air.
There are 3 spokes intact 19ft each and spanning the 20ft wide drop into darkbess
Currentky Lillith, Darius, paz on South spoke
Taluna by the east (broken) spoke
Loki by the south spoke

ShineyDuck
2014-11-19, 07:27 AM
Raising her bow, glancing between the 2 enemies before making a quick decision and loosing 2 arrows towards the blade wielding one, trying to give the others an easier kill to focus on so they can quickly make the first killing.

to Hit
[roll0]

Damage
[roll1]

to Hit
[roll2]

Damage
[roll3]

(point blank shot +1 to hit and damage if im in range (forgot to add this...)

Tombs
2014-11-20, 02:39 PM
Darius jumps as the winged figures appear, startled from his study of the murals.

Where did they come from?

He looks around for cover, knowing his daggers will be of little use against a flying foe and draws his shortbow, but keeps it pointed at the ground.

Guardians! We mean no harm here! Can we speak with you?

And winces as Taluna punctuates his call for dialogue with a couple of arrows.

Given the initiative I'm hoping that I can start talking before Tali shoots and they might be willing to forgive. If they are willing to talk at all.
Diplomacy: [roll0]

In the meantime if there is some cover in which I can hide I'll move towards it, drawing my bow. As much as possible, I want it to look like a prudent action rather than aggressive one, so I wont be pointing it at anyone.

DrK
2014-11-20, 03:28 PM
The wind warriors, ancient construct guardians that are near mindless don't even hesitate at Darius's words as they swoop down upon the party. Taluna fire a pair of arrows, one flying wide, the other slamming into the creature punching through the thin agile armour releasing a small whirlwind of dust and fibres. It reposnds in kind, a pair of decorative thin headed arrows flying back.

the other bounds forward, feet not even touch the ground as it leaps towards Pazazu, crystal blades whirling!

They are summoned by anyone approaching the platform.
THen offended by the lack of the Vaati.

Arrows Vs Taluna
[roll0] dam [roll1]
[roll2] dam [roll3]

Two weapon pounce
[roll4] dam [roll5]
[roll6] dam [roll7]

Luke GG
2014-11-20, 04:16 PM
Loki looks at them and sees the arrows exchange and winces.

power attack
[roll0]
[roll1]

Mark_L
2014-11-21, 01:44 AM
Pazuzu flies into a rage at being attacked by the angelic looking creatures, flailing madly with greatsword, beak and clawed feet alike.

Pazuzu:
Power attack
Great sword [roll0] [roll1]
Beak [roll2] [roll3]
Claw [roll4] [roll5]

Lilith throws a gob of acid [roll6] [roll7]

ShineyDuck
2014-11-21, 06:43 AM
Taluna staggers back from the return volley both arrows sinking deep into her. With a snarl she raises her bow at the guardian archer seeing everyone else pile into the melee one and opens up again loosing 2 more shots.

Attack With Rapid Shot the Archer Guardian

To Hit
[roll0]

Damage
[roll1]

To Hit
[roll2]

Damage
[roll3]

DrK
2014-11-23, 09:18 PM
Taluna exchanges arrows with the bow carrying one, her own blood leaping onto the mosaic stone as she is shot. She let's fly again, another arrow thudding into her assailant.

The other is distracted by Loki barging in allowing the eidolon to land a mighty blowvthat dents the chest plate and tears a great rent in it showing a hollow nothing ness within the armoured shell.

The flying one spins around, an arrow flying towards Lilith as it flaps around to put the rushing column of air between itself and Taluna. The sword wielding one slashing evenly at Loki and Pazazu.

Arrow vs taluna [roll0] dam [roll1]
Sword Paz [roll2] dam [roll3]
Sword Loki [roll4] dam [roll5]

Luke GG
2014-11-24, 02:18 PM
power attack
[roll0]
[roll1]

ShineyDuck
2014-11-24, 08:15 PM
Taluna moves as far as she has to before firing an arrow back to the bow weilding assalient, determined to keep its attention from her friend.

Move 30ft as necessary

Attack (including finish the foe)
[roll0]

damage
[roll1]

Add 1 to hit and damage if within 30ft. precise shot so not into melee penalty just in case.

Tombs
2014-11-26, 06:27 AM
Darius steps from behind a pillar and fires an arrow at the guardian facing Taluna.

Move as needs be, then fire an arrow: [roll0]

Mark_L
2014-11-26, 09:23 AM
Pazuzu continues to attack the angelic creature in a frenzy, meanwhile Lilith, hurting from the arrow wound, creeps up behind the eidolon and delivers a healing touch as she shelters behind the eidolon'a bulk.

Pazuzu:
Power attack
Great sword [roll0] [roll1]
Beak [roll2] [roll3]
Claw [roll4] [roll5]

Lilith
Lesser rejuvenate eidolon [roll6]

DrK
2014-11-26, 03:30 PM
As quick as the wind that brought the beasts the two elemental guardians are dispelled! The second of Pazazu's massive blows smashing through the creature leaving the crystal swords and armour flying apart in a cloud of evaporating wind and smoke. Seconds later the pair of arrows from Darius and Taluna slam into the winged bow wielding one that seems to implode in a puff of stormy air. In both cases the armour and weapons crumble away like the windy interior leaving nothing but the whooshing wind in the chamber....

Luke GG
2014-11-26, 04:44 PM
How is everyone ? Tanula I saw you get hit a few time you need something.

Tombs
2014-11-27, 05:30 AM
Can we check the area before pushing buttons next time?

Darius shoulders his bow and heads over to Lilith, taking a look at her wounds.

Loki, we've got blood here.

When he's happy that Lily is being tended Darius will move over to the pillar of air and check it carefully for further surprises.

Searching is perception these days isn't it?
[roll0]

ShineyDuck
2014-11-27, 08:38 AM
Nodding to Loki and walking over with a slight stagger, spitting a little blood onto the floor but smiling at him

Angel creature shot me hard, but i killed it good

she says looking pleased with this outcome, though even with the look of victory in battle in her eyes its quite clear she is very pale and hurt. She puts her bow away for a moment catching her breath which sounds a little strained.

HP 7/26

Luke GG
2014-11-27, 11:58 AM
yes yes.

[roll0]

Luke GG
2014-11-27, 12:00 PM
that should hold you for now.

ShineyDuck
2014-11-27, 01:47 PM
Suddenly feeling very healthy after Loki's healing, the half orc turns to the imposingly tall human with a big toothy smile and a grateful nod

Thank you

She mumbles, always a little awkward with words especially around relative strangers, and not really knowing Loki that well yet but already seeing him as a useful companion and making a mental note to try and repay this help somehow but a little unsure how she might go about it.

DrK
2014-11-27, 05:23 PM
The search around the tomb reveals nothing more than the shifting air that seems to help define the murals and the vast plume of air that drives upwards through the roof through the 10ft hole in the vaulted ceiling above. The depths below pitch dark beyond anyones sight.

Luke GG
2014-11-27, 06:29 PM
I am not happy about this. This better be good. Loki move to the air lift.

Mark_L
2014-11-29, 01:00 PM
Lilith squeals as she touches a nasty wound on her arm, and rounds on Darius, temper flaring.

"Whatever, just get on with it"

Tombs
2014-11-29, 01:49 PM
Darius rolls his eyes at Lilith before stepping into the air lift.

ShineyDuck
2014-11-29, 02:24 PM
Taluna makes a panicked expression as Darius just steps out wishing she hadn't been so dazed from her wounds to have at least got a rope around him incase it just doesnt work. She dives trying to snatch and drag him back, even if it might result in her getting mocked or hit by him.

Rope! Ive got rope... this place is deadly, dont assume anything!

Shes says insistantly but still in her quiet growl.

Do i stop Darius before he does the walk of faith? Do i need to make checks?

DrK
2014-11-29, 05:00 PM
Loki is the first to try, stepping into the column of air and suddenly rushing upwards out of sight through the ceiling. As he flies up the air holds him steady before hurling him into the True Tomb. Moments later he is joined by everyone else as they gaze around the small chamber. In front of the whooshing column of air and up a set of 3 short and ornate marble steps rests a white marble sarcophagus identical to the one in the main chamber at the entrance to the tomb with the same carved figure upon the lid. The wall behind the coffin composes a great bas-relief depicting the same bald androgynous figure wearing an ornate suit of ceremonial armour similar to the elementals the party face below and wielding a single long ornate and sinious Jovar blade. To the warrior's left stands a cloaked demonic figure with two long curved horns tipped in darkest red. The demonic figure gestures with a strange looped wire device that controls a sphere of smooth absolute blackness. The third relief shows the sphere touching

Tombs
2014-11-29, 05:21 PM
Darius looks at the relief quickly to ensure it's not going to come to life then has a scout around looking for traps, before the others set them off.

Perception: [roll0]

ShineyDuck
2014-11-29, 09:40 PM
Seeing Darius with the right idea Taluna joins him in looking for danger her natural caution wanting to be extra careful now they are in a stranger new location.

Perception vs Traps
[roll0]

Mark_L
2014-11-30, 02:42 AM
Lilith joins in the new cautious approach, scanning the chamber with her magical sight.

it is

DrK
2014-11-30, 03:20 AM
To Lilith's witch sight the entire tomb glows with faint abjuration, the casket bound with stronger abjurant wards and skeins of illusion on the has relief. Darius and Taluna scout around seeing nothing dangerous though steps towards the sarcophagus lead to ceremonial warrior moving, his image of flowing air looming at you, then at the scene to the right where the sphere touched and consumed him. ...

So ends my legend. Speak my name, inherit my legacy...

Know history, planes or arcana can help.
He's speaking common.

Luke GG
2014-11-30, 11:03 AM
Know history
[roll0]

planes
[roll1]

arcana
[roll2]

ShineyDuck
2014-11-30, 02:50 PM
Taluna just glares at the figure uneasily, hand twitching at her bow and glancing to the others hoping they might have more of an idea than she does.

Mark_L
2014-12-01, 01:46 AM
Lilith smiles up at the creature, and bows seeking to impress

"Thank you Zosiel, I am Lilith, and these are my companions Taluna, Loki and my brother Darius."

ShineyDuck
2014-12-01, 06:39 AM
Taluna's eyes widen as her friend casually introduces them. Again discovering Lilith knows all the most interesting people and demons. Its shouldnt come as a shock, but every time it still manages to.

DrK
2014-12-01, 05:46 PM
At Lilith's words the ghostly figure shouts a loud Aquaa eternia the echo of the shout fades and seconds later a bright blue light glows around the seam of the sarcophagi and the lid elevates slightly upon a thousands of jets of air and slowly floats to the ground at Lilith's feet. Glancing inside the tomb she can see a few trinkets... The first is an ornatesilver diadem with Zosiel's glyph upon it, a pair of strange black and red tipped horns and finally a strange pewter box with alien and writhing letterforms that seems warm to touch.

2 strange demonic horns - appraise to value
Pewter rune encrusted box, who will open it?
Silver Diadem of Wisdom +2 (mastered skill +2 fly)

ShineyDuck
2014-12-01, 06:04 PM
Suspicious but too curious not to creep forwards to peer inside next to Lilith, but her bow knocked and breath held expecting the posion gas or sudden ambush at any moment Taluna's eyes glance over the contents, though from her expression she looks anything but impressed at the lack of mighty weaponry inside the lid her own imaginations having conjured up wonderful armour or a magnificent weapon as a suitable thing to have in a sarcophagus.

Mark_L
2014-12-03, 01:27 AM
Lilith turns away from the treasures, muttering under her breath, turning back very cautiously.

Expecting something of potency, so being careful

DrK
2014-12-04, 03:33 PM
The box radiates magic, strong abjuration and safe to handle. Clearly the box contains something of value....

Mark_L
2014-12-04, 03:34 PM
Lilith opens the box!!!

Tombs
2014-12-05, 12:35 PM
So... you don't want me to check that thing first?

If she hands it over, Perception: [roll0]
If appropriate, disable device: [roll1]

If she doesn't I'll be backing away a little...

Mark_L
2014-12-05, 01:21 PM
She's impetuous, and not exactly risk averse

DrK
2014-12-05, 05:32 PM
The box opens, the runes dulling slightly revealing what lies within. A strange adamantine loop and handle of electrum wire. All covered in tiny runes of magic that seem dull and quiet - the device a copy of the one in the image on the wall held by the creature controlling the black sphere. The device potentially a fabled Talisman of the Sphere!

So ends Part I The Whispering Cairn...

So...
A green worm
Rumours of evil in the Dourstone mine
A celebration in the pub!

What's the plan?

Tombs
2014-12-07, 11:49 AM
Interesting trinket. I wonder how much it is worth? I know a guy who can sell on all kind of things, but I'm not sure he's in the right league for something like this.

Darius will buy a few rounds for himself and the rest of the party.

Anyway, what's next? I'm not sure I want to go back to scraping a living in this cesspit now. Maybe time for something more ambitious? Loki, presumably you're here for a reason? What are you about?

I'm assuming we are heading back to the pub to talk, then heading out to do the next thing after at least one night's rest.

DrK
2014-12-10, 06:17 PM
The night in the pub passes easily, drinks flowing freely to celebrate the victory in looting the tomb and getting a successful trove of loot. The tiara of Zosiel a worthy prize and the ancient Talisman of the Sphere an artifact with value probably greater than that of most of the town of Diamond Lake.

As the evening begins to draw to a close you see a young woman approaching Lillith, she smiles, curtsying slightly and handing Lillith a scroll...

To the young adventurers.

In view of your recent experience and certain discoveries in the observatory please come and speak with me tomorrow afternoon before the mines empty. Raise a glass and toast your victory.

Gods blessing,

Allustan

The woman nods and smiles before handing lillith a small fur lined bag. Coins clink inside.

Allustan's servant gives you 10gp for booze

ShineyDuck
2014-12-10, 07:17 PM
Taluna is in good spirits in the inn, drinking merrily and enjoying the company of her friends both old and new. She offers Darius the magical goggles as they are probably more use to him than her. With the magical axe she shrugs, tapping her bow then her cleaver.

The goggles are +5 to disable, initially i thought it was to search as they were in 3.5

This is a good weapon but its wasted on me. If no one else can use it we should sell it and get something else with the money as its got to be valuable if its magic

She says not really knowing its worth but knowing 'magic' means good and better than anything she has held before. But a magical item with little practical use seems a waste.

A little into her cups but naturally wary of strangers Taluna eyes the young woman who approaches her friend with a suspicious look. Though when its simply to pass over a scroll and a bag of coin the half orc relaxes with a smile. She glances over the paper and looks to the others, interested but wary still of what this important individual wants with them, and how he might already know of their exploits the night before.

Are we going to meet him?

She asks the others trying to work out their views on the situation

Tombs
2014-12-20, 04:45 PM
We have to. He's important enough that we don't want to ignore him unless we plan on leaving this place in a hurry. Plus, he's probably the only person around here who will recognise this talisman and pay us its proper value. Going along in the afternoon will give us enough time to deal with the rest of our findings and have a good breakfast.

Darius looks at Lilith.

Think we should hide it somewhere clever before we go along to see him? Or shall we trust to his good nature that he isn't going to just take what he wants from us.

It's clear, regardless of what happens to the talisman, how Darius feels about trusting the mysterious man in authority.

Mark_L
2014-12-21, 04:49 AM
Lilith turns the letter over in her hands, usual mirth gone as she considers Darius' words.

"I don't like it, and this thing glows like a beacon to Mage sight." indicating the talisman..

"We need a lead lined box for it.. Anything will do... Some coffins are lead lined.." she muses
"..or if we can get a sheet of lead, it's only little after all. Whatever, just don't get too merry tonight folks"

DrK
2014-12-21, 09:00 AM
The next day comes and with heads only slightly bleary the "bold heroes" head to the main square and the tall slightly crooked tower tipped with odd metal poles and glass orbs where Allustan, the mayor's brother dwells.

http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/aow/images/d/d3/Allustan.gif/revision/latest/scale-to-width/200?cb=20100110202333

Met by the same young woman you are quickly ushered inside. The man himself is sat behind his desk, a hand stroking his long beard as he surveys the blood streaked and victorious party. "Have you given any thought to my request. This mine with a triad of evil gods make me uneasy. Especially with other news of undead spreading from Blackwall Keep." He offers you all drinks from his large drinks cabinet, the selection of dwarf ales and elven wines both expensive and delicious, Taluna notices the orc fire water as well.

How did you fare in the ancient tombs. I have a passing knowledge of the Vaati and the Battle of Pesh. I had long thought to explore the cairns but my research always delays me.

DrK
2014-12-26, 03:31 AM
As you drink and consider the man continues in his deep booming voice. The mines are a concern. Smenk has been dealing with Reagan Dourstone and there are dark dealings in the mine. Cultists from the triad come and go, there are rumours of a temple and sacrifice and Balabar's (Smenk) right hand man has vanished since his last visit.

He turns, face concerned, The Heironites are too young, Father Vulkan too impetuous so I have started my own investigation. I have a man working his way inside. Currently he is an above ground guard but he is making progress. He can help you gain access.

Tombs
2014-12-28, 11:53 AM
Darius spots some excellent brandy and sits respectfully but at ease in a chair, swirling it and enjoying the flavour, listening Allustan lays out his concerns.

Our trip to the tombs was interesting and eventful. As was the side trip to the ruined observatory where we found a rogue wizard experimenting with the dead. Some interesting history in the area too, as it turns out.

The mine sounds like the next place to investigate - at the centre of the dealings in this area and it seems you are lacking those with the proper skills to enter and investigate. I'm sure we can accommodate your request, assuming we can work out the details.

What's in it for us, old man?

Diplomacy to politely get him to talk price and divulge any additional information: [roll0]
I don't think I need a bluff, but in case I do: [roll1]

Also, have I heard of Blackwall Keep?
Knowledge (local): [roll2]

DrK
2014-12-29, 01:51 AM
Allustan smiles at Darius as he subtly asks what Allustan is willing to offer. As for Blackwall the only thing that Darius can remember is that its a tower on the edge of the Mistmarsh about a 2-3 day walk away. It watches the marsh and stops lizardfolk encroaching.

Allustan looks at Darius, Well I will put you in contact with my man in the mine guard to get you in and leave you to keep any magical trinkets, though I will pay well for any magical writings.

To do this for me I will give you an advance of 200gp each and allow you to buy from my own magical supplies?

ShineyDuck
2014-12-30, 12:42 PM
Taluna sits uncomfortably and far less at ease as she watches the old man and Darius chat, sipping on an ale nervously. Though as things seem more and more straightforward about what they have to do she relaxes a little more, nodding along as she follows the conversation.

Mark_L
2015-01-01, 04:22 AM
Lilith seems quieter and much more surly than usual, as Darius charms, she quietly takes out the green worm and begging examining it.

DrK
2015-01-03, 01:07 AM
As the green worm comes out Allustan pauses, a look of fear on his face. Where did you come by that? Do you realise the danger that carries?

He takes a long sip of his wine. I have heard dark rumours of the walking dead alongside these things.

Mark_L
2015-01-03, 04:56 AM
"Quite, and the necromancer at the observatory was looking into it. The mine and this incident at the keep are likely interconnected, and probably just the tip of the iceberg"

Lilith pauses and shakes the little worm

"What other wheels have you got in motion"

DrK
2015-01-03, 05:30 AM
Allustan smiles at Lillith, I suspect you are right. The mines should be your first port of call, I shall message another mage of mine and she can fill me in about Black wall.

Looking at Taluna he nods politely, I trust you can keep them safe in the mine? There may be some danger down there. Mostly cultists of one stripe or another I'd wager.

Then back to Darius, What say you? Is my offer and the safety of your home enough to motivate you?

Any questions or shopping or are you happy to be minewards?

Tombs
2015-01-04, 10:48 AM
Darius nods at the wizard.

Your offer is sound, however we are heading to a dangerous place and I'm sure you want us to succeed as much as we want to survive. Could you provide us with a little magical healing - perhaps an old Cure wand? Purely to protect your investment, of course.

You say the worm is dangerous? Would it be advantageous for you to have it to study? What would you suggest we do with it?

Do I need more checks? Another Diplomacy just in case:
[roll0]

DrK
2015-01-04, 11:04 AM
Allustan looks around at Darius, nodding slightly. I think I've probably got one somewhere, I'll have a look.. He rises, waving a hand to open a small chest on one of the packed and crowded shelves. Inside you can all make out a handful of fancy looking wands. Here you go. I'm not sure how much power remains. As for the worm, if you are happy then I'd gladly study it a while.

Cure light wounds with [roll0] charges

ShineyDuck
2015-01-07, 09:30 AM
Taluna nods a little akwardly having been addressed directly hoping the others would be making sure she didnt need to talk to this rather strange and dangerous fellow.

Ill keep them safe

she mumbles, obvious relief when he turns back to Darius to continue disscussing their loot and what he might pay for the rarer items

DrK
2015-01-11, 04:25 PM
The next evening and the morning the various party members spend much of their time visiting the Osgood smithy and Tannick's store where the crude and unpleasant gnome gives you poor prices for many of the trinkets and jewels that you've found. By mid afternoon you find yourself on a road out towards the Dourstone mine, as with Allustan's instructions you are all draped in black hooded cloaks.

Approaching the strong wooden walls around the mine you can see a few guards standing by the gate who look up as you approach. One of them walks out to meet you, obviously pacifying some of his associates. With white hair and a small set of horns he is clearly of demonic stock, a long pointed tail behing him waving faintly in the air. His belt is heavy with scrolls and potions, slightly at odds with the long blade at his waist. "Greetings. I beleive we have a mutal employer. He said to expect someone like me?"

http://www.plasticrypt.com/bestiary/images/thumb/1/18/PZO1117-MagusColor.jpg/360px-PZO1117-MagusColor.jpg

Assuming you go with him he gestures through the gate a curt "Special guests of Dourstone for the lower levels..." the other guards nodding to the tiefling as he leads you through the mine courtyard into the mine itself. They follow tunnel for some 400ft before the warning signs appear warning miners upon pain of flogging to not go down the left hand tunnel. "I don't know what's done here. but I do know its something wrong. Its taken me a few weeks to get this far in. Allustan has mentioned you've been busy. I am Dispator, I'm fair with my blade and dabble in magic.

So down the left hand tunnel the party heads. A simple barricade of wooden slats not taking long for Loki, Taluna and Dispator to force their way through. Through the barricade the tunnel curves sharply before ending in a wide cavern with a couple of smoky guttering torches. A 10ft by 10ft platform with a crude guard rail stands in the centre of the chamber with a massive spool of chains upon it and 4 bars surrounding the sides that link the chain spool and winch to a massive nest of metal girders on the roof.

So... update your sheets with your new gear.

Mark_L
2015-01-18, 03:11 AM
Lilith turns to their new companion.

"So, how do we play this when we get down. Will we be attacked immediately as trespassers, or can we maintain a low profile to investigate a while longer?"

Tombs
2015-01-18, 10:17 AM
Darius keeps quiet for the moment, keeping an eye on his new companion and watching him for the tell-tale signs of betrayal.

Sense motive pointed at the tiefling: [roll0]

Luke GG
2015-01-18, 02:39 PM
I do not care what other think or do let us just go in and do what we need to do. Simple as.

ShineyDuck
2015-01-18, 03:15 PM
Taluna looks warily from the stranger to her companions also remaining charactiristically quiet, though with little else to go on trusts his word grudgingly enough for now. Though at Lilith's words she pipes up in her quiet gruff tone.

Should i wait for reactions or drop anything i see? Easier to be quick, but dont want to kill miners if i dont have to

Her bow knocked with an arrow and her eyes glancing keenly into the darkness keeping watch with her superior senses.

Favoured terrain: underground

Perception cheak for traps (just in case, certainly after the tomb of traps!)
[roll0]

DrK
2015-01-18, 03:55 PM
Taluna looks about but it seems safe, no traps are in evident and the mechanism seems like its in good use. Darius and Lillith eye the welcoming tiefling but he fits the description given to you by Allustan.

Dispator shrugs. "I don't know, I've never been down the shaft. I guess they see you lot they'll get aggressive but no matter. Crazy evil worshipping lot need a stabbing." He reaches for the chain getting ready to descend and draw his blade in the other hand.

The lift reaches the bottom with a rattle of chains and a dull "thunk".

Three short passages lead off the massive chamber each ending in large heavy obsidian doorways. The one to the north facing the elevator marked with a human hand grasping an eye, the one to the east a gauntleted fist clutching a six arrows and the westerly one without a marking. To the south the chamber opens up into a vast subterranean cathedral with a high domed roof. In contrast to the crude rock faces it bears the touch of a master artisan. The black marble floor glistens in the light of several flickering red and purple lanterns while elaborate arches and pillars of polished black rock support the roof. Towards the back of the chamber, opposite the elevator door is a large pool of strange black shimmering liquid. A stairway climbing the curved wall with platforms every 10ft or so rises to a high pedestal some 30ft above the surface of the pool.

Some 10ft from the lift shaft lurking in the shadows of two of the pillars are armed guards! Fighters garbed in chain mail with metal masks covering their faces, one clutching a fine looking longbow, the other an ornate greataxe, both have tabards with the arrow crushing fist of Hextor emblazoned upon them and bare muscular arms covered in tattoos bearing the images of various devils. Both stare at the heroes as they step off the lift in their dark black robes before realising their mistakes as they see the drawn weapons and savage countenance of the heroes.

both 30ft away

http://th00.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/i/2011/143/0/3/dark_cathedral_by_hero339-d3h2fmf.jpg
lift shaft is the square near the top right

Tombs
2015-01-20, 12:55 PM
Bet we could have talked through this...

Darius melts into the shadows and draws a blade.

Move to somewhere I can hide, preferably towards the guards. Draw kukri while moving.

Stealth check, assuming a hiding spot is within 30'.
[roll0]

DrK
2015-01-22, 01:43 AM
As the two masked tieflings ready their weapons Disapator looks to Lillith and the others. "I hadn't realised it was like this down here." before he leaps lightly forward falling into a duelling stance with his curved gladius and slashing at the throat of the nearest tiefling.

Move to nearest Tiefling, attack with precise strike
[roll0] damage [roll1]

Luke GG
2015-01-23, 01:44 PM
Loki will move to the front lines.

ShineyDuck
2015-01-23, 02:28 PM
Taluna sees the invitation to violence and without another word looses 2 arrows at the Tiefling not engaged with Disapator. Not that she would have trouble hitting the other, but she wanted to get the targets attention so her new ally wasnt mobbed. She looks ready to continue a barrage of arrows taking a firm stance in the lift shaft

Rapid Shot

Point blank Shot

to hit
[roll0]
damage
[roll1]

to hit
[roll2]
damage
[roll3]

DrK
2015-01-23, 05:56 PM
Darius vanishes as Loki and Dispator race forward, the magi's blade slashing across his fellow tiefling's chest. The other tiefling falls back gurgling as an arrow pierces his dark heart.

The beast swings its axe chopping at Dispator... But the tiefling turns the axe aside with his gladius.

Attack [roll0] dam [roll1]

DrK
2015-01-25, 02:46 AM
Turning aside the blow Dispator thrusts forward again with his short blade seeking the guards throat.

Attack [roll0] dam [roll1]

Th blade nicks his throat and with a flood of dark red it topples over drowning on its own blood. Stabbing it again for good measure Dispator nods towards Taluna flashing her a smile. Nice and quick eh. Hope no one heard anything. Looking about at the strange arched church like dome and he shimmering pool of dark liquid he mutters Been busy down here ain't they?

ShineyDuck
2015-01-25, 07:43 AM
Taluna gives a brief smile back before cautiously advancing and scanning their surroundings for more dangers, arrow knocked in her bow ready to respond to any threats as quickly as she can.

Mark_L
2015-01-25, 12:52 PM
Lilith finishes the summoning ritual she began on the descent and the tall demonic figure of the eidolon appears accompanied by the smell of brimstone. He immediately draws a hefty a huge sword in overlong arms and leaps to attack.

Charge (?)
Power attack!

[roll0] [roll1]

DrK
2015-01-25, 04:02 PM
Pazazu charges out full of rage and fury to find both tieflings already dead. Taluna states around, finding some gold and potions on the dead along with their finely wrought axes.

2x MW great axe
2x chain shirt
Potions [cure light x2, lead blades, shield of faith

To the half orcs keen eye there are religious symbols on all 3 of the doors. Hextor to the left, Vecna to the north and savage Erythnul to the east. The pool to the south looks suspicious, drag marks and what appears to be drag marks and blood by the edge of the strange dark liquid. An aura of cold emanating from it.

Tombs
2015-01-26, 02:32 PM
Darius emerges from the shadows.

That was quicker than expected. Lets hide these bodies in case anyone comes by - although the blood will be harder to disguise. Then the Vecna door has my vote I think.

He looks at the lake with distaste.

This looks unpleasant. Have you seen anything like this before, sis?

Mark_L
2015-01-27, 01:32 AM
"Hmmm, these three aren't really known for being bosom buddies. Something off here that's for sure."

Luke GG
2015-01-28, 04:59 PM
Let us be done with this. I am not fond of tunnels and less fond of the ones that fall down.

DrK
2015-01-28, 05:08 PM
The door slides open smoothly revealing a narrow corridor beyond. Even in the glow from the light spell you can see multiple narrow branches off the narrow corridor.
Entering the maze the confines are tight, every corridor the same with smooth grey walls covered in tiny scripts of strange runes in black ink that writhe and wriggle when you do not look directly at them. THe labyrinth is eerily quiet...

Mapping a maze is challenging on pbp.

So I'm going to suggest Int tests to keep track of where you are. Or survival to gauge directions.

Tombs
2015-01-29, 01:52 PM
Darius steps forwards carefully, alert for trip wires and raised stones which might show pressure plates. He periodically scans the walls and ceiling looking for other signs of the treachery he fully expects to happen. He keeps half an eye on the directions they are taking, but focuses on the surroundings, trusting in Tali's navigational skills.

Ongoing search for traps:
Perception: [roll0]
I remembered trapfinding this time!

Also, my Int check:
[roll1]

ShineyDuck
2015-01-30, 12:58 PM
Taluna nods to Darius his direct instruction something she appriciated and was more than happy to obey. Staying close to him her keen eyes looking for any foes that might be lurking, as she feels the rocks and lie of the land to navigate them through the maze.

Moving steadily and being ever ready and looking outwards, she also take her time to make a glance to the ground and wall from time to time for anything unusual as Darius focus' on searching incase her darkvivion sees a trap luring in the deeper shadows the human might have overlooked.

Survival cheak to navigate
[roll0]

Perception to spot enemy threats
[roll1]

If she is able ie we are taking things slow enough, assist on Darius' searching for traps
[roll2]

Luke GG
2015-01-30, 01:46 PM
Loki takes out a piece of chalk and marks where the group has gone.

I hate tunnels

Tombs
2015-01-30, 04:16 PM
Without taking his eyes off the path, Darius responds to Loki.

There is a story there. Care to share? Might help pass the time.

DrK
2015-01-31, 02:32 AM
Darius and Taluna lead the way into the strange maze. The walls pressing against you with their unnatural feel. After 10 minutes or so, Taluna's sense of direction keeping them in a central direction the cave opens into a small maybe 15ft square with an back into the maze on each of the 4 walls. A half dozen rough blankets lie on the floor and a bucket sits in the corner filled with strange white acrid smelling slime. Black feathers, each one about 4" long are dotted around the room.

http://cdn.obsidianportal.com/assets/64164/kenku5.jpg

The walls open suddenly, small purple robed figures bursting in from the walls, most clutching swords, others small glass vials and in the back behind 2-3 of its kin a finer robed one with a wand of jet black stone!

Just entering a 15ft square room.
Tunnels ahead and to the right and left
3 kenku from each tunnel + boss kenku behind the minions to the right

Initiative
Lillith, Darius, Loki
Kenku adepts of Vecna
Dispator, Taluna

Luke GG
2015-01-31, 09:21 AM
Loki charges the closest set of people.

Go to hell, you cave loving freaks.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Tombs
2015-01-31, 07:41 PM
Darius steps to the side to allow the fighters space and waits for an opportunity.

Edited as I couldn't do the other thing.
Make sure I'm not in the way.
Draw kukri.
Ready to stab an opponent if it comes into range.

Ignore the stealth check.

Mark_L
2015-02-03, 04:23 PM
Pazuzu steps forward, greatsword swinging as Lilith conjures into the tight space.

[roll0] [roll1]
Casting Summon monster I

DrK
2015-02-04, 04:42 PM
The violence breaks out rapidly as Loki, Darius and Pazazu wade in swinging. Darius slashing one lightly as Loki is parried and the massive eidolon cleaves the nearest in half.

Other kenku pounce forward blades in hand...
2 engaging Darius, 2 more flanking Pazazu and the other 2 surrounding Loki, the last two hang back readying and defending their mage, the mage himself pulling out a jewelled ivory staff and a pair of orbs of blue fire streaking towards Lillith striking with sharp force.

On Paz
Acrobatics
Atk dam [roll2] sneak [roll3]
Acrobatics [roll4]
Atk [roll5] dam [roll6] sneak [roll7]

On Darius
Acrobatics [roll8]
Atk [roll9] dam [roll10] sneak [roll11]
Atk [roll12] dam [roll13] sneak [roll14]

On Loki
Acrobatics [roll15]
Atk [roll16] dam [roll17] sneak [roll18]
Atk [roll19] dam [roll20] sneak [roll21]

Mage on Lillith magic missiles
[roll22] plus the concentration check

Dispator curses, "Tiny bird cultists. Time to die feathered scum". he leaps forward blade lashing down on one the feathered cultists fighting the small thief (Darius) but the small creature twists aside blocking the thrust.

[roll23] dam 1d20+6

Taluna and everyone to go!

ShineyDuck
2015-02-04, 06:53 PM
Taluna having waited to watch the fight unfold takes a single step to one side to get a fire line and looses 2 arrows at their mage and supposed leader in an effort to get the attention off Lilith.

5 ft step

Attack (rapid shot, precise shot, point blank shot)

Shot 1
To Hit
[roll0]
Damage
[roll1]

Shot 2
To Hit
[roll2]
Damage
[roll3]

Luke GG
2015-02-05, 04:31 PM
Loki tries to swat a bird

power attack
[roll0]
[roll1]

Tombs
2015-02-05, 04:38 PM
Darius moves quickly, ducking under and around the daggers of his opponents and appears behind one of the ones fighting Pazuzu.

Tumble to a place where I can flank something fighting Paz, or something else failing that.
Acrobatics: [roll0]

Shank the thing.
Attack: [roll1]
(inc flank)

Damage: [roll2] + sneak [roll3]

Mark_L
2015-02-07, 01:51 AM
Pazuzu squawks angrily at the small creatures, hewing the one assaulting him with his greatsword.

Meanwhile Lilith looks angry as the missiles slam into her, but maintains her spell and an angry eagle appears next to the caster and begins attacking with beak and talons.

Her eagle set, she draws and activates the cure stick.

Paz: [roll0] [roll1] (inc flank & p attack)
Eagle beak: [roll2] [roll3]
Eagle claw 1: [roll4] [roll5]
Eagle claw 2: [roll6] [roll7]
Activate wand: [roll8]

DrK
2015-02-07, 06:20 AM
The fighting becomes quick and deadly as the party savages the small birdmen with gleeful abandon. Loki runs one through leaving it gasping for breath and staggering. Darius tumbles away from his two sword spinning only for the creature to parry but the distraction costs it dear as the eidlolons great sword cleaves the creature in half.

Taluna focuses on the mage, one arrowing hitting its shoulder before in a flurry of dark red feathers and black talons the fiendish eagle leaps on the mage tearing it's eyes and throat out!

Dispator steps forward spinning around rainbow colours spraying from his hand engulfing the 2 that had been fighting Darius and the two that been hanging back. With his other he stabs the one he missed last time seeking to stab it in the beak.

Spell combat
Colour spray DC15 will saves [roll0] +1 each
5ft and stab the other one [roll1] dam [roll2]

Dispator growls as all the creatures ignore his magic and the beast parries the sword strike.

The dice do not like my magus

DrK
2015-02-07, 06:56 AM
The one by Pazuzu hisses as its clutch mate is sheared in half before it stabs at the eidolon, the two left by Darius splitting, one attacking Darius the other leaping towards Dispator. Loki's continue to stab at the oracle, the two by the mage also splitting, one pouncing on the magus, the other attacking the eagle.

Stab Dispator [roll0] dam [roll1]
Stab Dispator [roll2] dam [roll3]
Stab Darius [roll4] dam [roll5]
Stab Loki [roll6] dam [roll7]
Stab Loki [roll8] dam [roll9]
Stab Eagle [roll10] dam [roll11]
Stab Pazazu [roll12] dam [roll13]

Luke GG
2015-02-08, 08:54 AM
As the blows rain in Loki is glad of the armour, as non get passed.

power attack [roll0]
[roll1]

Tombs
2015-02-12, 02:25 PM
Darius shifts to the side and stabs the kenku facing Dispator.

5' to flank. Stab.
Damage: [roll1] plus sneak [roll2]

Mark_L
2015-02-14, 01:48 AM
Pazuzu moves forward, sword cutting down .. Meanwhile the Eagle shrieks in pain and renews its assault on the Mage in a flurry of beak and claw.

Lilith shakes the wand in annoyance and taps it again.

Paz: [roll0] [roll1] (p attack)
Eagle beak: [roll2] [roll3]
Eagle claw 1: [roll4] [roll5]
Eagle claw 2: [roll6] [roll7]
Activate wand: [roll8] [roll9]

ShineyDuck
2015-02-14, 04:04 AM
Taluna without words calmly takes another small step for a killing line and looses 2 arrows at the creatures fighting Loki, aiming to shread their numbers and inflict injury so the others can drop them faster and sway the fight in the melee, and to send a little fear through the enemy as her arrows keep filling the air.

rapid shot, point blank and precise shot

Arrow 1
to hit
[roll0]
damage
[roll1]

Arrow 2
to hit
[roll2]
damage
[roll3]

DrK
2015-02-14, 08:51 AM
Dispator curses as they avoid his magic and parry his blade. Even as Darius misses his target he kicks the feathered beast in the back of the head and tries to stab it through the throat!

Stab the flanked one
[roll0] dam [roll1]

DrK
2015-02-14, 09:30 AM
The battle turns rapidly against the little bird men as the party become more angry. Darius moves to flank but the beast avoids the blow, a second later Dispator's gladius juts out the creatures throat.
Pazazu misses one only to have the eagle devour one as Lilith heals herself, content to watch her summoned minions kill the kenku. Loki after blocking blows chops another down with contempt as Taluna sends a pair of arrows into the melee, the first going wild, the second pinning a kenku to the wall where it quivers briefly before dying. With over half dying in seconds the remaining 3 run! All withdrawing, one vanishing through a concealed door in the corner, the other 2 darting to the left hand passage and around the corner.

3 survining kenku withdraw double moving out of sight

Mark_L
2015-02-18, 02:30 AM
The eagle screeches angrily and gives chase!

Pazuzu pounces on the bodies, beak hungrily devouring kenku flesh.

Luke GG
2015-02-22, 04:40 PM
Loki will give chase to the mage hoping he is held up by something.

Tombs
2015-02-24, 02:55 PM
Darius drives his dagger deep into the bird's back as it turns to flee.

I assume I'm still flanking.

Damage: [roll1] + [roll2]

DrK
2015-03-22, 03:59 AM
The last of the birds is killed while it runs, the mage returning to quiet save for the pounding of the parties own hearts and the clanking as they move around the chamber. The bird cultists are wealthy and provide good money as Dispator, Lillith and the others search the bodies, the jewelled sceptre on the mage easily the most valuable of things

Potions (infernal healing, jump, mage armour)
Vials (acid x3, alchemist fire x3)
134gp
Wand magic missile CL3, 18 charges

Resting or pushing on into the maze?

ShineyDuck
2015-03-24, 05:17 AM
Taluna kneels in front of the others, bow in hand arrow knocked ready and scanning with her keen eyes incase of more enemies or threats as the others loot the dead.

Perception, 90ft darkvision (including fav terrain)
[roll0]

Anyone hurt?

Is all she whispers in her low gruff voice as she keeps watch

Luke GG
2015-03-24, 02:14 PM
we best be moving on

I hate caves under his breath

DrK
2015-03-30, 03:07 PM
Moving through the cavernous maze Taluna spots the door on the far North wall of the maze. A small secret door that she thinks may lie on the edge of the maze and lead further into the strange and slightly surreal tomb dedicated to the unpleasant God of deadly undead magics.

You found a secret door on the North edge of the maze. Its a secret door out of the maze!

Mark_L
2015-04-10, 12:53 AM
Lilith stirs Pazuzu from his grisly feast, the pair heading for the door out of the maze, Pazuzu in front.

DrK
2015-04-12, 04:06 PM
Peering through the party are confronted by the hall of Vecna in all it dark glory. The ten foot wide passage beyond is held up by thin pillars in the centre of the corridor with strange undulating green patterns that wriggle and writhe. The walls and floor are covered with bone white tiles that bulge with irregular lumps and bumps. The ten foot wide passage beyond is held up by thin pillars in the centre of the corridor with strange undulating green patterns that wriggle and writhe. The walls and floor are covered with bone white tiles that bulge with irregular lumps and bumps. A door can be seen to the left, the corridor vanishing around a corner to the right...

There is strange sharp acrid smell in the air, part alchemical, part rot. The walls with the white tiles seem to shift or twitch but only out of the corner of your eyes. The pillars pulsing slightly with the strange green patterns that appear indistinct from where you are. All in all a strange place. There is not silence, the air is filled with a soft whisper, a spectral voice whispering in a gibberish at a level no one cab hear. Faint bubbling and hissing coming from the walls and pillars adds to the unnatural air of the tomb.

Dispator peers through after Pazazu, "The maze was interesting, through there looks downright dangerous!"

Mark_L
2015-04-13, 02:55 AM
Lilith concentrates for a moment, observing the strange scene.

"Wait there Pazuzu"

YES MISTRESS

First detectorize Magic and concentrate
Some relevant checks
Kno (arcana): [roll0]
Kno (planes): [roll1]

Luke GG
2015-04-14, 11:11 AM
Who cares as long as we get out and put an end to this.

Tombs
2015-04-15, 01:28 PM
Well, that looks like fun. Can someone remind me why we want to risk all manner of horrific magical ailments to go down here?

While he's talking, Darius checks the entrance and beginning of the passage as far as he can without stepping over the threshold.

Will take any direction of "stay away from that" or "stay back" from Lilith.

Search for traps: [roll0]

DrK
2015-04-16, 04:51 PM
Searching the immediate area it seems safe enough save for the strange lumps on the walls. For Lillith its far more terrifying, as she mutters her simple cantrip the lumps on the walls open, spinning and bulging eyes opening form the walls and the gleaming orbs of Vecna stare at the summoner and her pet Eidolon. To her eyes the walls here are imbued with abjurant and necromantic energy, skeins of magic drifting from around the corner to the right....

Dispator looks around, the pathway leading around the corner clearly the biggest threat!

Tombs
2015-04-17, 04:31 AM
Very careful to avoid touching the eyes, Darius puts on his glasses and takes a closer look at them.

Disable device check to look at the feasibility of turning them off. I'm assuming they are some kind of magical trap.

[roll0]

DrK
2015-04-17, 02:11 PM
Studying the eyes Darius can see no obvious sign of being trapped. The bulging eyese are strange and unnatural and follow you as you walk. Examining the eye Darius can also begin to hear a faint murmuring or babbling from around the corner...

Luke GG
2015-04-18, 02:25 PM
after you trap finder.

Tombs
2015-04-21, 01:19 PM
It's safe. I've done my job. You're the one in armour - go do yours.

Luke GG
2015-04-21, 02:21 PM
It's safe. I've done my job. You're the one in armour - go do yours.

Yeah yeah. If I find a trap I am coming for you...

Loki walks forward slowly.

DrK
2015-04-26, 01:32 AM
Loki moves forward slowly through the strange corridors, the weird eyes on the walls opening and closing and rotating with damp squelches to follow his movement. Peeking around the corner the next room is thick with incense and weird chanting. A shrine to Vecna dominates the far end of the room some 40ft away, in front of them a pair of cultists in dark purple robes chant and writhe almost drunkenly in the smoke. Hanging between you and the cultists is a strange beast, shadowy and cruel looking - its babbling beginning to get louder!

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mbyy2ojqCS1r1bp8m.jpg

The allip begins to babble louder, the noise echoing throughout the halls, affecting even the others who are still around the corner...

DC15 will save or fascinated for [roll0] rounds

THe cultists then raise their hands, magic cracklinga round them as you can already see shimmering shields of force surrounding them.

Loki, Lililth
EVIL
Taluna, Darius, Dispator

Luke GG
2015-04-26, 09:09 AM
Loki stops and watches the black creature ......

Mark_L
2015-04-26, 10:05 AM
Pazuzu looks back and forth between the smoky apparition, the priests, the fascinated party and his very mundane greatsword and comes to a conclusion, rushing forward and heedlessly attacking one of the priests!

Power attack and charge, will move right up despite reach.
[roll]1d20+9[/roll [roll0]

DrK
2015-04-26, 12:52 PM
Even as Loki stops and stares the hulking eidolon has no such cares! It rushes up and with a single strike went through one of the cultists, a mangled body falling to the ground.

The other cultist hisses and pulls forth his scroll, flames crackling on the paper!

Scroll [roll0] DC8
Hit [roll1] touch, [roll2] fire

The allip sensing magical prey swoops forward atop Lillith, gliding over Dispator as he flails ineffectually!

Float up and touch Lilith
[roll3] touch, [roll4] wisdom, Will DC15 negates

go go party

Mark_L
2015-04-26, 02:50 PM
Lilith stares as the Alip swipes toward her ineffectually, seeming to get tangled in its own wisps.

Pazuzu lets out a screech and dives on the remaining Priest.

Ref save [roll0] edit: not sure why I rolled that.
Charge, power Attack. Again charging right up the priest.
[roll1] [roll2]

Tombs
2015-05-02, 08:23 AM
Darius watches as the allip moves forwards, reaching to touch Lillith. He is amazed by its gracefully, fluid movements and as he listens he's sure he can hear voices he recognises in the chattering sounds...

Fascinated.

The allip approaching and attacking Lily should grant him a new saving through vs the fascination: [roll0]

Luke GG
2015-05-03, 05:43 AM
Loki continues to watch...

Mark_L
2015-05-03, 04:09 PM
Lilith shakily comes to her senses and backs away from the clumsy allip

Yep

DrK
2015-05-04, 11:11 AM
Dispator looks at the floating shadow beast before holding out an arm channelling power towards the beast. A pair of force missiles zap towards the beast.

Magic missile [roll0]

The Allip hisses swooping at Diapator as behind it there is a wet splat as another priest is eviscerated. Its spectral hands seeking to suck his soul from his infernal body.

Touch [roll1] dam [roll2] Wis damage

go go party

Luke GG
2015-05-06, 03:45 PM
Loki coming to charges the creature down

charging power attack
[roll0]
[roll1]

Mark_L
2015-05-09, 02:38 AM
Lilith a gobbet of acid appears in Lilith's outstretched hand which she throws, meanwhile Pazuzu resumes his swathe destruction and charges!

Acid splash: [roll0] (ranged touch) [roll1]
Charge: [roll2] (with reach) [roll3]

Tombs
2015-05-09, 12:14 PM
Darius watches the ongoing battle with interest. He feels happier now that Lilly is no longer in direct danger and is interested to see what the creature's touch will do to Dispator.

Still fascinated and don't think anything has happened which can trigger another Will save. I have another round of standing around.

DrK
2015-05-10, 04:21 AM
The allp burbles angrily and evilly as Loki's non magical sword just passes through him. Seconds later the babbling becomes more sinister when magic missiles slam into and then its pointless, the enchanted great sword carried by the hulking eidolon leaving nothing but mist.

Dispator looks at the eidolon and then again at Lillith, I'm glad its on our side! before he rifles though the dead cultists pockets.

Scroll [Protec from good, Web, Scorching Ray, Reduce person]
Potion [infernal healing, shield faith, mage armour]

Even as you loot the fallen you can hear a shout of rage from the doors to the north and the clattering of something big and chitinous moving!

Luke GG
2015-05-12, 09:58 AM
Loki investigate the ritual to try and find out what they were doing.

[roll0] knowledge the planes. Not sure this will give me anything

Lilith can you lend a hand.

Tombs
2015-05-15, 06:56 AM
Darius quietly swipes the Shield of Faith potion then moves to the door and readies himself to ambush anything that comes through to interrupt the spellcasters.

Hide check: [roll0]

Mark_L
2015-05-17, 01:52 AM
Lilith checks over Pazuzu, tending to the large burn on the Eidolon's chest.

"Poor Pazuzu, not quite so fire resistant any more are we. Well done."

She gives the Eidolon a little hug, a totally surreal sight with the hulking Eidolon looking somewhat embarrassed at the ministrations.

"MISTRESS. I SERVE."

Rejuvenate eidolon [roll0]

DrK
2015-05-17, 08:41 AM
Through the door Darius can hear more shouting and rage and the chittering of presumably a really big insect of some sort. The ritual in the temple you just destroyed doesn't seem to be a specific ritual, more of just the general day to day worship that takes place in a den of evil and villainy. Dispator joins Darius and Loki at the door, trying not to shudder or look confused by the sight of the small woman hugging a massive demonic killing machine!

"So what's the plan? Do we kick the door in or retreat and try again later?"

Luke GG
2015-05-18, 01:26 PM
"So what's the plan? Do we kick the door in or retreat and try again later?"

I say we get this done and never come back to this pit!!

Tombs
2015-05-21, 12:56 PM
I can't remember why we came here in the first place...

Darius looks over the door, checking for traps and locks.

Trap search: [roll0]

Disable device for opening the lock or disabling traps if needed: [roll1]

DrK
2015-05-21, 01:04 PM
The door while closed is unlocked, indeed it seems like it cannot be locked. One of Vecna's tenants about its temples. Searching around Darius can't find any danger bar what lies on the other side.

Luke GG
2015-05-21, 03:00 PM
I can't remember why we came here in the first place...

Darius looks over the door, checking for traps and locks.

Trap search: [roll0]

Disable device for opening the lock or disabling traps if needed: [roll1]

We came so we can get paid and eat.

Mark_L
2015-06-12, 12:54 AM
As Lilith speaks "Do it" the big eidolon boots the door open, greatsword held ready to meet what's inside.

Lilith will stand out of view, will cast Mage armour and enlarge on Paz beforehand.

DrK
2015-06-13, 05:22 AM
As the door swings open a cloud of vapours pours out. The room beyond filled with eerie green light from a cauldron of smoking acrid liquid is laden with bubbling vials, bottled organs and strange powders, horns and other accoutrements the insane evil alchemist requires.

In the centre of the room, flanked by 2 more of the cowled cultists is the high priest, the "Faceless One"...

http://www.canonfire.com/wiki/images/e/ef/Faceless_One01.jpg

Between you and the trio of mages is a massive glowing red and black centipede summoned from beyond the abyss!

It's 40ft wide 20ft deep room
Between you and the mages is a huge summoned fiendish centipede

Init

Players
Evil

As the door opens the wizards hiss and begin muttering spells taught by Vecna's chosen.

Luke GG
2015-06-15, 02:57 PM
I will hold up Mr crawly. Deal with the **** in the back.

cast Shield of Faith and move in to centipede

Mark_L
2015-06-17, 12:44 AM
Lilith looks on at the centipede admiringly

"aww how cute!"

Pazuzu has no suh distraction and rushes forward to smash his greatsword into the creature.

[roll0] [roll1]

Tombs
2015-06-18, 02:00 PM
Darius rolls his eyes at Lilly and darts forwards, trying to work his way around the room.

If I can stay hide and move around the edge I will do so.

If not, will move around the edge and find a pillar or other cover to take as much cover as I can from the spellcasters. I'd like to be able to block LoS entirely if possible.

DrK
2015-06-20, 01:17 AM
Dispator darts in with his gladius glowing, following the massive eidolon and the now glowing oracle. Reaching the chitinous shell he plunges the blade in.

[roll0]
Dam [roll1]

DrK
2015-06-20, 01:30 AM
Loki, Pazazu and Dispator engage the mighty beast only the nimble magus making contact. Under the chaos Lilith hangs back and Darius rolls into the room hiding behind one of the strange alchemical desks in the room.

The centipede rears up seeking to eat the eidolon as the casters begin to blast the party. One throwing a magic missile at Lillith, the second summoning a glowing shield. In he centre the Faceless one begins to shimmer and blur as he shrouds himself in Illusion.

Magic missile vs Lillith [roll0]
Centipede on Pazazu [roll1] dam [roll2] plus [roll3] Dex on failed DC14 Fort

Luke GG
2015-06-20, 05:41 PM
Loki will walk the caster to attack.

Yes you get an AoO

attack [roll0] power attack
damage [roll1]

Mark_L
2015-06-28, 12:59 AM
Lilith tuts as the missile stings, hiding behind the door as the eidolon dishes out more pain, unscathed by the centipedes attacks!

[roll0] [roll1]

Tombs
2015-07-01, 04:54 PM
Darius appears from somewhere and drives his dagger into the back of the Faceless One.

Move and attack from hidden. If I can flank with Loki then add +2 to the below:

DrK
2015-07-02, 03:09 PM
Loki deals the centipede a truly mighty blow that pins it to the floor before the eidolon neatly hacks it in half. Much to the surprise of the watching cultsts and strange faceless master Darius sneaks around the sides to try and stick the knife in but the blade is deflected by a magical force field. Dispator rolls across the now dead centipede driving his blade into the face of the same cultist allowing Darius an easy flank!

Stab the cultist [roll0] dam [roll1]

DrK
2015-07-02, 03:19 PM
Dispator slips and the blade goes wide. The cultist hissing and reaching out with a hand crackling with lightning.

Cast defensive [roll0] DC 19
Touch [roll1]
Dam [roll2] elec

The other on the far side of the strange looking faceless one casts up a hand summoning a shield of force to surround him. THe Faceless one steps back away from them spinning around before summoning a ball of crackling eldritch power in the centre of the room! Fire blooming as it washes over Loki, Dispator and Pazazu. THe flames almost catching Lillith even!

Fireball [roll3] DC16 for half

Disaptor [roll4] resist 5

Mark_L
2015-07-04, 07:22 AM
Pazuzu charges onward through the gore of the evaporating centipede, it's form returning to the abyss, sword slicing at a cultist as the big eidolon crashes right up to him.

Meanwhile Lilith casually taps herself with th wand of cure, safely behind the door.

wand: [roll0] [roll1]
Pazuzu: [roll2] [roll3]

Tombs
2015-07-05, 12:12 PM
Darius ducks back from his unsuccessful attack and shivs the cultist distracted by Dispator and his lightening.

Luke GG
2015-07-08, 01:26 PM
Loki charges a mage

[roll0]
[roll1]

DrK
2015-07-10, 12:33 AM
On either side of the Faceless One cultists fall. One to a well placed shiv in the throat from Darius, the other from a huge cleaving blow from Pazazu that near enough rended him in half. Loki charges over the centipede blade swinging only to be denied by a shield of force around the Faceless One.

Dispator moves forward, stabbing at the Faceless one with a crackle of lightning around his hand as he stabs and slaps at the Faceless one.

5ft to Faceless one
Stab [roll0] dam [roll1]
Shocking grasp [roll2] touch [roll3] elec

DrK
2015-07-10, 12:36 AM
The Faceless wizard scowls as the gladius skips past his face before lightning crackles across his skin. Howling he seeks to abuse the tiefling, stepping back to where only Darius threatens him and releasing a ray of fire at Dispator.

Concentration [roll0] DC17
Ranged Touch Dispator [roll1] Fire [roll2]

The tiefling screams as fire touched by Vecna's evil consumes him.

AC21
Saves 5/4/4
Hps 8/28

Mark_L
2015-07-11, 12:48 AM
Pazuzu smashes forward with greatsword slashing.. Meanwhile Lilith strolls casually into the room talking loudly over the din

"Sorry, when he gets like this he just has to eat. Won't hurt much i'm sure"

Demoralize for Lilith [roll0]
Charge Pazuzu [roll1] [roll2]

Luke GG
2015-07-11, 05:56 PM
Loki moves to flank with someone.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Tombs
2015-07-16, 12:57 PM
Darius waits until the cultist is distracted and knifes him.

5' to flank if required.

DrK
2015-07-18, 11:57 AM
Still scorched from the magical flames Dispator moves in to the now surrounded Faceless one adding his own sword to the collection of weapons all around him!

[roll0] dam [roll1]

DrK
2015-07-18, 12:12 PM
As Dispator was burned the Faceless one had smiled. Then he was surrounded with weapons! Pazazu, Darius and Loki all bouncing off his magical protections. Dispator, grim faced however stabbed him in the gut getting a sharp intake of pained breath.

The Faceless one sees his chance and with a swift word vanishes appearing beside Lillith where he slaps her with a glowing hand absorbing her life force!

Swift: teleport
Standard : vampiric touch Lilith [roll0] dam [roll1]

Mark_L
2015-07-20, 12:55 AM
Lilith jumps as the Faceless one appears beside her, recovering her composure, grinning at he faceless one.

"Well now, don't let me distract you" as she points her spear behind him.

As Pazuzu charges up from behind, catching the faceless one between the two.

Paz: [roll0] [roll1]
Lilith: [roll2] [roll3]

Tombs
2015-07-24, 04:10 PM
Darius snarls as the idiot attacks his sister and chases him down.

Charge to flank position.

If I can't charge, move and attack from flank (-2 to the above).

Luke GG
2015-07-24, 06:57 PM
to hit [roll0]
[roll1]

including flank

DrK
2015-07-26, 03:29 AM
Reeling from the sword to the gut Pazazu and darius charge in and between the greatsword and the shortsword the wizard is truly skewered. His guts pouring out as he is killed savagely! As he dies the Temple of Vecna shudders and twists. All of the eyes in the walls snapping open and staring at the heroes as Venca himself marks you as enemies of his favoured servants!!

Seconds later the eyes close, the swirling pillars slowly turning to worked stone as the semi-living Temple of the dark god goes quiescent until it is one more dedicated to the dark gods.

LOOT!
Scroll [Summon monster III, scorching ray]
Potions [Cure light x4, Fox's cunning, Gaseous form, Protection from arrows]
Bracers of Armour +1
Lesser Rod of extend!
Heavy steel shield +1 of Blinding
Cloak of Charisma +2
Six garnets (50gp each)
340gp

Spellbook
1st: Ray enfeeble, Exped retreat, Identify, chill touch, magic missile, mage armour, shield
2nd: False life, flaming sphere, web, touch of idiocy
3rd: lightning bolt, Summon III, halt undead, Fireball

Spellbook x4 cultist @ 500gp each to sell
1st: Burning hands, colour spray, cause fear, disguise self, shocking grasp

http://i830.photobucket.com/albums/zz225/KHolbourn/AgeWorms/facelessnote.png

Tombs
2015-07-27, 08:29 AM
The cult leader collapses and the temple turns to stare at them. Staring back, Darius crouches over the body and opens the man's throat to make sure he's definitely dead before going through his pockets.

Well, this is a cheery note. I'm sure Allustan will be interested in information about a coming apocalypse. Think these worms mentioned have anything to do with the worms we found at that necromancer's house?

Darius gestures at the spellbooks.

Allustan also said he'd pay well for magical writings so if there is anything here you've already read, sis...

While talking, Darius casually swipes the bag of garnets and a couple of the potions.

Better think what we'd like out of Allustan next. Since the Heironites are too useless to pull off what we've just achieved in an afternoon I suspect he'll try sending us to Mistmarsh after these lizardfolk. Best be paid properly if we're going to be errand-folk.

Potions swiped: 1x cute light and gaseous form