PDA

View Full Version : Bath Age of Worms IC

Pages : [1] 2 3

DrK
2014-05-06, 02:42 PM
http://cdn.obsidianportal.com/assets/49276/aow_banne4r.jpg

Since the beginning of history, humanity has measured time in Ages. Ages of Glory, of Dreams, and even of Great Sorrows mark the human tally of years, giving a sense of order to the events of past centuries. But one age has yet to occur - an age of darkness, of decay, and of writhing doom. Witty bards and wrathful preachers know it as the Age of Worms, weaving it into the peripheries of their passion plays as a mythic era of destruction that could begin at any time. Astrologers, diviners, and the servants of Fate know more. The canniest among them fear that the Age of Worms has already begun.

3 Nights Ago...

The Able Carter Coaching Inn was bustling and busy . Three "adventurers" from the nearby Free City holding court with boasts of the wealth and the treasure that they plan to loot from the nearby Cairns. The three of them inspire confidence Auric, a blond human gladiator Auric wears a unique brown and black leather girdle topped with the representation of a haunted female face—the Champion’s Belt of the Free City Arena. Auric fancies himself the leader of the trio, buts clear to everyone that he is led around by Khellek or Tirra. Tirra is a vivacious brunette elf rogue is in the adventuring life for the money, finally the third member is Khellek, a balding, dark-haired human wizard with a high-collared red cape fastened with a skull clasp over a green jerkin and pants. His receding hairline belies his advancing age, as do the white streaks at his temples.

http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z145/gaufgauf/worms/adventurers.png

As the out of towners left they dropped a map that was picked up by some local youths eager for adventure

----------------

2 days ago...

The next day they had assembled on the Company Road leading North East of the town past one of the may abandoned mines that dot the surrounding hills.

Natural light dimly illuminates the hallway extending North into the hill side and the darkness. A faint breeze brings with it sibilant whispers that sound almost like sighing breath or whispered faint dreams. It must be a trick of the wind but it is spooky nonetheless and for those not local to the town its obvious where the Whispering Cairn got its name.

The walls are smooth and bear horizontal bands of deceptively simple geometric patterns at waist level. In places the bands reveal startling detail, in others the rigours of time have eroded them or it appears that successive years of frustrated adventurers have hacked away at them. Flakes of ancient paint, brilliant purple and mustard yellow still cling to the wall in places hinting at once what must have been a riot of colour. Now a thin coat of dust just overs the floor and clings to the walls.

Just inside the darkened tomb the hallway branches into shallow alcoves to the east and west but beyond that the darkness swallows up any further detail.

http://i33.servimg.com/u/f33/17/73/38/92/whispe11.jpg

NOW

The Hungry Gar had seen better days and the smell of fish was ever present but for Taluna Lillith it was good a place as any to drown their sorrows. It had been two days since they had returned form the Whispering Cairn, both out of breath and ashen faced at what they had seen, sleepless nights since had not helped and neither look happy as they drank the cheap ale served by Guld Torthtikan to dry and take the nightmares away. The Whispering Cairn had seemed fun at first, even though they had been scared by the spiders and the strange dwarf hermit they had won and gotten their first taste of adventuring treasure! The strange room with the glittering ceiling and the rainbow lanterns had been marvelous to behold, even more so the strange secret passage with glittering face.

The first of the lantern tunnels they had explored had been enjoyable - a strange tomb with an architects resting place and some magical artifacts but the second had been a disaster. The beetles had poured out in their thousands, and even with the summoned hellish ponies and strange Alpha's illusionary fire they had not held them off. Helena and Roland had been the first to fall, Helena charging into the vast swarm, her screams horrible spewing beetle dissolved her flesh burrowing inside her soft tissues. Roland had almost reached her before he feel, legs literally melted off at the ankles and his armour bearing him to the ground before he became a faint screaming, thrashing lump of corroded flesh. Alpha had been too slow, slower than Lillith and Taluna at any rate, the strange sorcerer falling to the bites on his legs and ankles even as he reached the light of the cave exit. His screams chasing Taluna and Lillith down the hill as they tumbled down the heathery slope to safety. The acid beetles staying away from the bright sun light.

Two days later the women are sat in the Gar, sad, outcast by the angry relatives and friends of Helena, Alpha and Roland but not everyone. Ironblood the dwarven cleric and Lillith's slightly dubious friend Finneym expected to arrive to drink with them.

So all dead are the old party. Any loot they have you will have to retreive from their bodies :)

Feel free to describe yourselves and introduce yourselves to each other.
Then in the morning I assumed you did a brief bit of shopping and headed to the Whispering Cairn. Anyone can make a Know (local) check as its known to locals. If your background has you as a local then you get a +4 on the check

The strangely smooth pattered marble walls give a corridor 20ft wide and 20tall that vanishes into darkness some 60ft ahead of you. About 50ft ahead you can see branching alcoves opening to the left and right...

You may Begin!

Tombs
2014-05-06, 03:20 PM
Hrunhurer walks into the bar and stands for a long while, watching the two ladies from a distance. Finally he shakes his head and utters a harumph before grabbing a few tankards of ale from the bar and heading over to their table, passing out the drinks by way of introduction.

Ye can't be keepin' this up, girls. I heard what happened in tha' deeps an tain't your fault.

As one of the few dwarves around these streets, Hrunhurer is a known face in town. He is staying at the temple, from which he walks the miserable streets of Diamond Lake helping the hungry and outcast. He's short and stocky like all of his kind and has a shaven head with a long dark brown topknot and beard, shot through with premature grey hair. His eyes are a deep brown and kindly, usually smiling to offset his otherwise stern appearance.

Best be askin' what ye can do next instead. Folk be none to pleased wit' yer wanderin's.

ShineyDuck
2014-05-06, 03:22 PM
Sitting with Lilith drowning her misery into yet another drink, hoping the image of the beetles devouring the remains of her other previous companions might eventually get eroded form her memory if she can drink enough. The glares of the families and friends of the fallen are staring to get tiresome as if there was any more either her or Lilith could have done, though no one being foolish enough to confront the half orc directly as her own rage seethes inside her.

http://images.mmosite.com/news/2008/06/15/20080615230033416.jpg

Paler skinned and scrawnier than many of her kin, though clearly well toned and muscular. Long, dirty unkempt black hair trails halfway down her back, and her pitch black eyes still look a little un nerving when she's being friendly. Strong cheek bones, a prominent jaw and little tusks leave no doubt to her ancestry.

Moves with much more grace and finesse than you would expect, her elven side masked so heavily by her orcish, but it's more like a stalking wildcat than a dancer or a lady at court.

Naturally quite quiet and reserved, but with a good sense of humour and a pleasant smile if a little tusky. Enjoys others company to an extent, especially over a strong drink or few, though is happiest alone in the peace and tranquillity of the wilds.

Has a fierce temper on her, especially if threatened or feeling that way and struggles to hold back once the bloodlust is up, her instincts making her go for the kill.

Glad not everyone in the town hates her and Lilith, and pleased with the new company at their table Taluna will have spoken a little though she's not noted for being chatty, that's quite usual for her, but will have been pleasant enough even if a little down and tried to use there company and chatter as a good distraction from the recent horrible memories.

Preparation wise she has no more gold than before, spending what little she did have on drowning her sorrows. She will however stress to her new allies the need for oil in case the beetles are still hungry those creature return...

Want to go back... get revenge. I owe her that much. And bring back what's left to bury She says with a menace to her voice, seemingly anything even vaguely beetle like a sworn and hated enemy Bring fire to them... Devour them with flame

Mark_L
2014-05-06, 03:57 PM
http://th08.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/f/2013/110/0/2/summoner_by_liyart-d62cnei.jpg

Tall and statuesque, with long dark hair and dazzling blue eyes. Whilst clearly able to take care of herself with her weapons and armor is well aware of the effect of her womanly charms on the opposite sex and makes sure her attire is suitably tailored.

Usually wild and carefree, although darkness in her past can leave Lilith in periods of deep depression. She is friendly and witty, but strong willed, which combined with her capricious ways can be challenging for her companions, and lead to 'interesting situations'.
She is secretive about her Eidolon and abilities, preferring to pose as a simply adventurous girl.

Lilith sits in a black funk, head in hands staring at the table. Her drink sits next to her largely untouched, Tali seeming to be more than making up the pace.

This is the second time the Whispering Cairn has brought tragedy to her doorstep. It's almost too much to bear, and now that the family house has finally been sold, there's nowhere to stay. Poor Pazuzu, hurt again, and there's nowhere to summon him safely in town; it feels like part of her is missing.

The indigo lantern sits in the middle if the table, it's secrets unexplored even if this backwater could conjure up a linguist who might know a damn thing about it.

As the Dwarf speaks Lilith stands bolt upright and screams in his face "What's it to you little man ." before crashing back down into her seat, the outburst finally breaking the barrier and the sobbing commencing...

no more gear! No gold to spend!

fallingdusk
2014-05-06, 04:33 PM
The bar door starts to swing open very slowly making an eerie low pitched squeal that breaks the chatter at the bar and turns everyone attention to the door. There is a pause ... then Darius steps into sight and rewards everybody's gaze with a wink and a grin and then slams the door behind him.

http://micahblackburn.files.wordpress.com/2012/06/valeros.jpg

Brrrrr! Tad chilly out there tonight barman. Flagon of ale, please sir.

Darius walks over the bar and fiddles with his pouches to retrieve his coin and makes a sidewards glance at the party's table and nods and smiles in gesture of a greeting. His smile fades as he consumes the atmosphere of the party and turns back to the barman in an exchange of coin and flagon. He gingerly walks over to the table and takes a seat.

So I dare say that some of the rumours I have been hearing around town are true. Although I'm not entirely certain it was all your fault. Perhaps you can share the tale and perhaps the burden with an old friend?

Tombs
2014-05-06, 04:53 PM
Hrunhurer raises an eyebrow at the racial slur but otherwise doesn't react.

Not much I s'pose, though I heard it tell yer without roof or bed. Seems a bad time to be stuck - thought I'd offer some help. What's the lantern about?

When Darius arrives he gives him a nod, sits back and lights his pipe, the spark of flame seeming to appear from nowhere.

Though talkin' also be good. Worth gettin' it out if ye be wantin' to and mebe helpin' wi recoverin' the remains.

http://brinawilliamson.files.wordpress.com/2012/12/2011-scarred-dwarf.jpg

ShineyDuck
2014-05-06, 07:55 PM
Taluna quietly gives Hrunhurer and Darius a bare bones account of their previous failed attempt, mentioning the other adventuring party and their dropped map, the battle with the vermin master, the strange room with the sarcophagus and the poison trap. As the point comes up where the beetles woudl be mentioned she goes rather quieter, drinking a little more and shuffling in her seat a little akwardly.

Lantern works as a kind of key...not sure how exactly she replies when directly asked

Mark_L
2014-05-07, 12:43 AM
Lilith throws her arms around Darius and snuggles into his shoulder, her sobs slowly diminishing as Tali tells the story of their ill fated trip to the cairn.

As Tali finishes her story she lifts her head and gives Darius a light friendly kiss and a smile. "Thanks, I needed that." She sits straight in her seat wiping the last tears away "It's part of a much larger mechanism at the Cairn, but I've not found anyone who can decipher the script. What I wouldn't give for a good library. turning Hrun "I'm sorry master Dwarf, I'm usually much better company."

Lilith will add her own take on the story, finishing with the need for something to take care of a LOT of beetles.

ShineyDuck
2014-05-07, 04:55 AM
Taluna looking far happier at not having to do the talking, listening to her friend and nodding as Lilith explains the dangers faced. When she gets to the needing something to deal with lots of Beetles Taluna nods urging this bit of importance above all the other bits. Though as the evening goes on further, and she relaxes a little having been shown a little friendliness as opposed to the glaring, Taluna starts slurring her words more and looking sleepier, her head occasionally resting on the table.

Tombs
2014-05-07, 07:00 AM
Hrunhurer gives her a curt nod.

Nay offence lass. You've had a bad few days.

He picks up the lantern and turns it over and over in his gnarled hands, inspecting it with a surprising gentleness and dexterity.

Interesting piece. Me kin would be better fer guessing its worth, but mebe I can divine some of its purpose for ye.

He runs a thick finger along the script.

Could be readin this for ye, possibly. If ye be wantin' help that is?

Is the writing Dwarven, Giant or Undercommon?

Proper magical analysis on request.

ShineyDuck
2014-05-07, 08:37 AM
Taluna nods at the offer of help, interested if her new friend can shed some light on the lantern's mysteries.

Tombs
2014-05-07, 02:21 PM
Hrunhurer holds the lantern in one hand and peers closely at it while chanting softly in dwarven. He turns the device over and over a few more times, going over every inch of it. Finally he rights it again and begins a second, different chant, running his finger along the engravings.

Detect Magic first, hold for as long as needed to see what magic this thing holds - if any.
Comprehend Languages second then reading the item.

DrK
2014-05-07, 02:53 PM
As Hrunhurer looks at the lantern and traces dwarven runes in the air he can feel some air flowing around him as to his eyes the words of Vaati seem to spring to life writhing and swirling around on the lantern. The words are not particularly cryptic "Let the lights of the heavens illuminate the way forward"... The same words repeated twice more but nothing else of note

The lamp itself seems only faintly magical, a faint aura of abjuration surrounding it.

fallingdusk
2014-05-08, 02:05 PM
Darius lifts his mug and finishes the rest of the contents and then smiles.

Hmmmm .. you know I believe that some things happen for a reason. Fate is the will of the gods. It almost seems as if that lantern was meant to fall into your hands Hrunhurer. Perhaps fortunes have turned? What say you Hrunhurer?

Tombs
2014-05-08, 02:13 PM
Ha - I not be the only fella round these parts who can read this text lad. But it be true I wer sent here for a reason and right now you folk be a good reason.

He pauses and looks at the lantern again, frowning.

"The lights of the heavens" - the light of this lamp in the right place? Or mebe a little heavenly light through it? I wonder.

Another few words of dwarven as Hrunhurer casts another spell.

Divine casting of the Light spell on the lamp - light of the heavens?

Mark_L
2014-05-09, 11:45 AM
"This lamp is only one part of a much larger set of artefacts at the Cairn." .. With a glance at Tali and Darius "If you're still willing your help would be much appreciated!" and a winning smile!

ShineyDuck
2014-05-09, 12:26 PM
Nodding in agreement with Lilith, Taluna looks to the human and dwarf encouragingly hoping they are happy to face the beetles and other dangers for the potential of more treasures.

Tombs
2014-05-09, 01:00 PM
Aye, I thought ye be wantin' to go back. Happy to help recover yer friends then when that's done mebe look around a little more. Fate he nods at Darius seems to have brought us together. We need a better plan for squashin' those swarms though.

DrK
2014-05-09, 04:01 PM
The rest of the night passes easily and quietly as Lillith and Taluna relate their experience in the Whispering Cairn to her brother and the doughty dwarf cleric. The next dawns slightly damp and rainy with sore heads and somewhat buoyed spirits the "new" party troops back towards the Cairn. After a brief pause at the shops and the alchemists in the mining town.

Once again the 3 hour hike out of town leads back to the yawning entrance of the Cairn...

http://i33.servimg.com/u/f33/17/73/38/92/whispe11.jpg

Feel free to do your shopping in the OOC and the we can re-enter the Whispering Cairn

ShineyDuck
2014-05-09, 04:07 PM
Not expecting to find anything new, but being extra cautious after their last encounter Taluna give the entrance a sweep for hidden dangers.

Perception
[roll0]
(includes scavenger+2 and goggles+5)

Tombs
2014-05-10, 02:54 PM
I assume ye be wantin' some light to see?

Hrunhurer picks up a stone, chants for a moment and it starts to glow. With an underarm throw he sends it bouncing into the first room, lighting it up.

He gathers a handful of additional stones for use further inside.

DrK
2014-05-10, 03:30 PM
Stones tumble down the long corridor glowing with light as they illuminate the path where Taluna and Lillith have walked before. Near the entrance by the second set of alcoves is Alpha's body, the small human's bones pitted and burned by the acid from the beetles, hands outstretched towards the exit where he had tried to reach the fleeing woman...

The tomb is eerily empty as you move down the long corridor, finally reaching the end of the first corridor, the long web ridden stairs leading down to the lantern room echoing faintly with chittering of a thousand beetles...

Main entrance way is clear
You can hear beetles down the stairs in the lantern room

Tombs
2014-05-10, 03:33 PM
May yer spirit find peace in the next world, young one.

Hrunhurer sadly straightens the body of Alpha, trying to give him some dignity in death.

We should move his body to the entrance. Ye be wantin' to take him and the others back to town before doin' any more explorin' I take it?

Mark_L
2014-05-11, 12:27 AM
As they enter the cairn Lilith chants got a moment and with a puff of smoke Pazuzu appears.

http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20090404203830/forgottenrealms/images/1/14/Pazuzu.jpg

"Mistress I serve" with leaden tones "It seems our friends were not so lucky." .. And then a sudden realization "Not more beetles!"

It's good to see you too Pazuzu." turning to Hrun "Let's finish up here and then take our companions remains to town."

ShineyDuck
2014-05-11, 05:24 AM
Nodding in agreement with Lilith about the clearing first, Taluna keeps her eyes out, especially with the sound of little beetle noises. Lets finish this first... She says in a hushed gruff whisper

Tombs
2014-05-11, 12:07 PM
When Pazuzu appears Hrunhurer starts.

Ach, some warnin' would be nice afore ye pull yer big winged man out o' tha ether.

He shakes his head.

Everyone got a bottle o' fire for hittin' tha swarm?

DrK
2014-05-12, 02:15 PM
Bottles of lantern and torches in hand the party slowly descend down the stairs, the hole in the vast sheets of webbing left by the hulling Pazzuzu still there although the corpse of the massive spiders and the strange dwarf hermit are now mere acid charred chitin and bone. All the flesh having been stripped off by the voracious beetle swarm.

The green lantern is still alight in the tomb, the shimmering light playing off the multifaceted glassy ceiling giving a beautiful effect that seems to focus the light on the marble sarcophagus in the centre of the room. The floor of the chamber is filled with a great carpet of beetles and two rather ominous lumps where Ronald and Helena had fallen...

As the party creep down the stairs with floating lights and torches the mass of beetles coalesce into two great swarms of ravenous acid spewing beetles!

Two swarms on the far side of the chamber 40ft away

You have the initiative

fallingdusk
2014-05-12, 03:34 PM
I have just the thing ...

Darius pulls out a lantern prepared as a molotov cocktail and winks.

Be prepared that's my moto. I have more....

Darius offers them out before lighting his own and attempts to throw the molotov into the swarm to the left.

1d20+5

Mark_L
2014-05-12, 04:15 PM
Lilith and Pazuzu both launch the lantern oil specials at the advancing swarms, the room erupting with flame and smoke!

"For Helena!!"

Lilith: [roll0] [roll1]
Pazuzu: [roll2] [roll3]
Edit: good job we only need to hit the square!

Tombs
2014-05-12, 05:14 PM
Hrunhurer hangs back, ready to step in and assist if needed.

Delay. Or if someone is stuck for a light I'll cast Spark to light the fuse.

ShineyDuck
2014-05-12, 06:33 PM
Taluna lets fly a bottle of lit oil to the swarm on the right with a quiet snarl

Roll[1d20+4[/roll]

DrK
2014-05-13, 03:51 PM
A cluster burning bottles fly through the air towards the swarms, a couple of them landing directly on the nearest one, a couple landing near enough to splash burning oil onto the beetles. Even as the air is filled with burning bottles of oil the nearest swarm is dispersed in a blaze of burning oil. The second swarm racing forward in a great wave of chittering beetles racing over the nearest hero in a great wave of biting and melting chittering fury!

The swarm scurries 60ft forward to engulf [roll0] Taluna / Lillith / Pazzuzu / Darius
It does [roll1] damage and [roll2] acid. Fort DC13 for half acid, Fort DC 13 to avoid nausea

Mark_L
2014-05-14, 02:59 AM
Lilith screams as the beetles swarm over her, fleeing back up the stairs while frantically brushing the beetles from her arms and legs.

Flee the swarm!
Fort vs acid (13) [roll0]
Fort vs nausea (13) [roll1]
Edit: staus - 7/10, nauseous

Mark_L
2014-05-14, 03:07 AM
Pazuzu smashes another flask of oil at the swarm.

I'm assuming lighting these rings is a little unnecessary with all the other burning oil around..

Attack [roll0]

Ps sorry for double post..

ShineyDuck
2014-05-14, 04:53 AM
Taluna takes a step backwards letting Lilith dart past her lobbing a bottle at the mass of beetles to add to the fire and try to dissuade them from pursuit

Attack
[roll0]

Damage
[roll1]

fallingdusk
2014-05-15, 01:41 PM
Darius Curses..

Flaming heck!

Darius steps aside and gives chase if necessary and lights another.

If its my action and the swarm begins to stop in response to the one Tuluna has just thrown I will throw another to the the swarm centre. If the swarm continues to pursue Lilith I will throw one at Liliths feet.

Tombs
2014-05-15, 01:51 PM
Hrun steps to whoever is drawing a fresh bottle and touches the wick. With a dwarven word of power it splutters to life.

Since it takes a round to light and a round to throw I should be able to speed things along for someone by doing the lighting bit for them (via a Spark orison).

Not sure who needs the assistance at the moment so I'll leave this help hanging for whoever grabs it first.

DrK
2014-05-15, 03:45 PM
Hundreds of beetles burning and roasting in their own shells Taluna, Pazzazu and Darius all douse the swarm in more burning lamp oil. The beetles hiss and buzz as they begin to die off... Spinning they scuttle forward, teeth biting and snapping at the flesh of the tough half orc as Taluna is swarmed by the acid spitting creatures.

Dam [roll0] plus [roll1] acid
Fort DC 13 for half the acid and Fort DC 13 for avoiding nausea

ShineyDuck
2014-05-15, 04:07 PM
Taluna kicks at the gnashing swarm with her boot and dives away as they close in, drawing another bottle as she reaches the dwarf, lighting it from his offered primer before launching it at the swarm that just attacked her

Fort save for half acid (does 1 half to none?)
[roll0]

Fort save vs nausia
[roll1]

Move drawing stashed bottle

Attack at swarm
[roll2]

damage vs swarm
[roll3]

Tombs
2014-05-19, 04:08 PM
Another small flame flickers across Hrun's palm as he moves over to the others so he can light one of their flasks.

Sorry, thought I'd acted. Move to whichever of Lil and Darius is pulling out a flask first and cast Spark to light the fuse for them.

Mark_L
2014-05-20, 05:56 AM
Lilith and Pazuzu smash more flasks of oil at the advancing beetles

"Why won't you die you horrible things!"

Lilith: [roll0] [roll1]
Pazuzu: [roll2] [roll3]

DrK
2014-05-20, 02:20 PM
Even as the worms swarm all over the tough ranger force her to stagger back shedding dozens of the beetles she smashes an oil flask amidst them. The dwarf holds out a hand, flames dancing from it to light the torches held by Lillith and the massive eidolon who both smash the burning oil into the swarm killing the last of the creatures. The party able to stamp and crush beneath boots the few remaining creatures.

A few minutes pass as the party wait for anymore swarms of beetles but... nothing. All seems safe for now. A few lanterns flickering madly on their long chains save the indigo one that seems missing. Taluna and Lillith explain about the strange face in the wall above the blue corridor and everyone can see the hole in the ground under the green corridor leading to another sub level.... though one where the beetles came from !

Tombs
2014-05-20, 05:00 PM
Nay a pleasant experience. How ye be feelin'? Those bites look nasty.

Tha's the bodies recovered. Explore until we be weary then head back to town? Tha families be grateful for that closure.

Anyone need a heal?

Heal check: [roll0]

ShineyDuck
2014-05-20, 05:27 PM
Taluna glares at the smoldering husks with a sence of finalisation before her keen senses dart around the chamber looking for more horrors.

Taluna is down 2 so nothing bad yet.

His armour was good...we found it in here, though didnt help him against those bastards. Might serve you better Hrun...

Recovered the chainmail +1

Tombs
2014-05-20, 05:51 PM
Hrunhurer helps the others gather up the bodies and take them to be with the Alpha's.

Mark_L
2014-05-21, 01:26 AM
As the bodies are cleared Lilith peers curiously into the chasm the beetles emerged from.

"Looks like there's a passageway down there. Anyone got any rope?"

ShineyDuck
2014-05-21, 04:54 AM
Picking her rope back up off the floor next to Helena having carried the remains of her friend.

Here

She says tossing the coil to Lilith

Tombs
2014-05-21, 11:21 AM
Down we go then.

A quiet muttering in Dwarven and the end of the rope starts glowing.

Light on the end of the rope before it's lowered.

So nobody needs healing?

DrK
2014-05-21, 03:20 PM
The rope snakes down the 30ft shaft, the first 10ft through a tunnel of solid rock before the last 20ft hangs down an ornate wall in the space of the chamber beneath. As you all slide down the rope the light illuminates the chamber beneath. Dozens of bas-relief figures similar to the one on the sarcophagus lid stare disapprovingly down from walls at you. Many sport crossed arms and stern expressions. A few of the figures heads are missing and some have huge chunks torn out of them. Others have a strange melted appearance, a feature common to large parts of the wall and floor in here like a powerful acid has melted the stone itself. On the floor by the doorway a large glyph similar to that on the sarcophagus is carved into the pavingstones.

In the light of the torch you can see the wide corridor vanishes into darkness but also has a pair of branching corridors some 15ft away...

Map
http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/8906/gjvw.jpg

The tokens are wrong but you get the idea

fallingdusk
2014-05-21, 03:52 PM
Be careful there may be traps down here. I will take a look.

Darius carefully checks for traps in the corridor leading up to the cross roads and then tip toes over to the cross roads to see what he can see left and right.

Search:[roll0] Stealth:[roll1]

DrK
2014-05-21, 04:03 PM
As Darius creeps forward a large chittering sound soon begins to build up as he approaches the crossroads, the light shadowy and faded as he begins to leave the golden circle of safety that the lit end of the rope represents. To the right the room is a vast cavern covered in a thick carpet of orange sludgey material. A large nest of some sort in the SW corner by the door writhes with small beetles like the ones that had attacked you upstairs. In the midst of them is a massive beetle the size of a horse with a great unicorn like horn of chitin that must be the queen of the colony. A long dead and devoured hand with a shiny golden ring just protrudes from the top of the nest and 3 large humanoid bumps lie in the centre of the room obscured by the carpet of beetle leavings.

1 swarm and a big beetle

To the left the room is quiet, save for the soft whispering of wind, a statue carved in stone of a massive warrior with a greatclub dominates the far wall. 8 carved stone beds line the room, one with a skeletal body on it. Each of the stone plinths covered in carvings of sleeping workers.

ShineyDuck
2014-05-21, 04:10 PM
Taluna nods, her wary eyes also scanning for dangers having failed to see the poison trap before and following close behind Darius. Seeing him carefully treading she too makes her footfall as light as possible as she lends a second pair of eyes to search for dangers

Trap Spotting (inc scavenger and goggles)
[roll0]

Stealth
[roll1]

ShineyDuck
2014-05-21, 04:24 PM
Taluna's enhanced night eyes gazing into the nest chamber as far as it can (90ft) looking silently to Darius, gesturing him to follow as she creeps back to the others to explain the find.

Taking 10 as not rushing this at all wanting the drop on the little bastards
Stealth 17

When far enough away that she feels she can talk by the others near the glowing rope she explains the issue in a hushed whisper

More Beetles. Plus 1 big queen. Big nesting chamber. Ill go and get mummy's attention from further down the other corridor, you burn the little critters as they come running past here?

She says, gesturing to the other corridor from the crossroads facing the nesting room and taking her bow out. Her expression is grim and has the look like she wants the chance to avenge Helena and queen beetle has presented a fitting target. She looks to the others to see if this plan is acceptable, or whether anyone has a better one.

Tombs
2014-05-21, 04:30 PM
Fine, lass. These creatures be a danger to any who wander in here. Pelt her colony wi' fire - that be getting the attention o' anyone awake.

When everyone is ready, Hrun passes out the fire.

More castings of Spark, eventually.

Mark_L
2014-05-22, 01:34 AM
Lilith and Pazuzu take out bottles and light the wicks from Hrun's proffered spark, Pazuzu drawing his great sword and holding it in his spare hand.

"These things are nasty, but why're pretty stupid. If that big one is anything like the little ones is probably chock full of acid. I'll provide a distraction."

Lilith gestures to Pazuzu and he suddenly expands in the passageway, the visage of the large demon more than a little unnerving.

"MISTRESS I YEARN. UNLEASH ME"

"Yes yes, in a moment. Ready?"

Enlarge Pazuzu, begin casting summon pony when everyone is ready. Nuke the swarm and then let the pony take the aggro/hits from the swarm and queen. Then charge in!

ShineyDuck
2014-05-22, 04:30 AM
Taluna stuffs a few unlit bottles to add to any fires on the swarm and sneaks to where she mentioned, just shy of the entrance to the room with the statue with the greatclub.

Having put as much range between herself and the beetle queen, hoping the virmin wont know what hit it, she raises her bow, knocking an arrow and aiming giving the others a moment to prepare.

Move to ambush position

Ready to fire!

Tombs
2014-05-22, 03:29 PM
Hrun draws his hammer and readies to start lighting oil.

Surprise round will be lighting whatever is needed. Will start beating at some point.

fallingdusk
2014-05-22, 03:56 PM
Darius nods. Plan is good.

Darius moves into ambush position and pulls out 2 flasks of Molotov and holds ready to light when the beetles begin to move. He also makes sure his daggers can be bought easily to hand.

As soon as we are ready I will light a flask from Hrun's spark. When I see a swarm I will throw the flask at it.

ShineyDuck
2014-05-22, 04:52 PM
Taluna calms herself for the hunt, drawing back the string and loosing the arrow as soon as it reaches her chin, aimed right for the queen beetle. Watching her arrow as it flys towards her target as she reaches for the next arrow silently hoping to catch them utterly unaware

Attack - no deadly aim.
[roll0]

Damage if hit
[roll1]

Stealth (-20 sniping) (not sure how feasible this is or if possible at all!)
[roll2]

Mark_L
2014-05-23, 05:32 AM
Pazuzu quickly moves to tip oil in an arc on the floor in grin of the passage with his enormously long arms and lights it, the flames providing a temporary barrier against the small beetles, standing ready with his huge great sword.

Lilith completes her cast of summon pony, which appears 10ft into the chamber and tosses it's head in an alarmed way.

DrK
2014-05-23, 11:07 AM
The arrow flies straight and true before bouncing off the massive chitinous hide of the beetle-queen with a dull thunk. The queen hisses and buzzes, a noise caught up by the hundreds of beetles at their feet. In the corridor waiting the party light fuses and Lillith begins to ready another pony to feed the swarm whilst the party battle the huge horned beetle...

Even as they begin to scuttle forward a curtain of flame erupts blocking the door to the chamber, a small line for a grown person, little more than knee high but big to a tiny beetle!

Mark- is the summon a spell or your SPA?*
Init
lillith [roll0]
Darius [roll1]
Taluna [roll2]
Hrunger [roll3]

Beetles [roll4]

Flame across the door would only do 1d3 to a person crossing

ShineyDuck
2014-05-23, 06:44 PM
Without a second thought from Taluna another arrow is knocked and loosed at the queen, hoping this time to hurt more

Attack
[roll0]

Damage if hit
[roll1]

Mark_L
2014-05-24, 01:25 AM
Lilith casts guidance on Darius, Pazuzu standing ready with his extra long arms and huge sword, easily reaching 15ft over the flaming barricade. The pony prances around enticingly.

Tombs
2014-05-24, 02:57 AM
Moradin guide yer aim, young one.

Hrun speaks a dwarven blessing as battle is joined.

Cast Bless

DrK
2014-05-24, 07:02 PM
The swarm races to the doorway before halting, held in check by the thin line of fire, at least for a little while. The massive hive queen is less fussy barrelling up to the doorway and thrusting and goring at the reddish and black streaked demon pony that had appeaed like a lure to the flesh eating monsters...

Swarm stops at their doorway, oil will burn another 1 round

Bug beetle moves up to doorway getting an AoO from Pazazu
Gore the demon pony[roll0] dam [roll1]

ShineyDuck
2014-05-25, 04:34 AM
Taluna holds her stance, firing again at the Beetle queen.

Im assuming the pony is dead from that monstrous hit? If not adjust my to hit accordingly

Attack
[roll0]
(forgot bless, not that it will help that terrible roll!)

Damage
[roll1]

Tombs
2014-05-26, 07:46 AM
Hrun steps forwards to protect Taluna from the incoming beetle.

5' step forward to make me the charge target.
Draw shield.
Ready an action to whack the beetle as (if?) it closes.
[roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

I think I can do all that - drop the readied attack if not.

Mark_L
2014-05-27, 01:33 AM
The pony whinnies mightily at the goring before disappearing as Lilith smashes another jar of lantern oil atop the waiting swarm, adding the conflagration.

Meanwhile Pazuzu brings his great sword down on the hive mother with a crunch of chitin!

The pony survived the gore.. It's the most hp I could find for summon I and benefits from augment summoning and my fiendish trait.

Lilith attack [roll0] [roll1]
Pazuzu attack [roll2] [roll3]

Edit: some pretty lackluster rolling there..

DrK
2014-05-27, 12:55 PM
The swarm flows over the pony in a horrific wave of chitin fangs and acid. Stripping flesh from bone. Even as her colony feeds the queen pushes past the pony to the next most obvious target, impervious to the great sword and arrows bouncing off the chitinous shell. With the dwarf leaping into the way its the natural target for the massive creature!

Swarm on pony [roll0] and [roll1] acid. DC 13 vs half acid and negate nausea

Big beetle moves forward a 5ft step and gores Hrunger over the line of flames
[roll2] dam [roll3]

ShineyDuck
2014-05-27, 05:43 PM
The fight now a messy melee, and the beetle queen having fearlessly barrelled through the fire to attack the dwarf, Taluna drops her bow and strides into the combat, drawing her cleaver in a fluid motion circling it around and bringing it down onto the beetle queen with all her rage, moving behind the beetle to flank taking advantage of its distracted focus on the dwarf.

Walk in drawing falchion

Attack beetle queen (inc flank)
[roll0]

damage
[roll1]

I forgot bless again! but didnt need it. i will remember next time...

Mark_L
2014-05-28, 04:29 PM
Pazuzu swings his great sword over the head of the cleric, with Lilith continuing to rain down fiery death on the swarm!

Paz on beetle [roll0] [roll1]
Lilith on beetles [roll2] [roll3]

Edit: Dice suck

Tombs
2014-05-29, 02:02 PM
Hrunhurer grunts in pain as the giant beast crashes into him leaving a huge gash in his armour from which leaks an alarming amount of blood. He staggers back a pace and calls on the blessings of Moradin to aid him.

Ouch!

5' step back and cast CLW on myself.
[roll0]

I'll sheath the warhammer if I need a free hand.

fallingdusk
2014-05-31, 04:41 AM
Darius, takes advantage of the carnage my keeping a low profile so as not to bring attention to himself, draws a knife and then flanks the beetle and comes in with a vicious sneak attack aiming at the soft spot between the leg joint and the carapace.

I assume flank attack? I assume sneak stab damage [roll]1d4+4+1d8

DrK
2014-05-31, 03:00 PM
The fight ends suddenly. The flame from the oil soaking through the swarm eve as Darius sneaks up unseen and jabs a dagger between the chitin plates in its neck, the savagery of the blow near enough decapitating the beetle. Flame slick around the mounds of excretions killing the rest of the beetle and allowing all of you to rake through covered mounds.

A search turns up the bodies of 3 ex-adventurers, all with armour marked with the silver star of the Seeker's organisation. All quite dead and chewed and dissolved to nearly the bone. A fourth body is present as well, although only a hand remains with a golden ring with a crane wing upon it...

3 Potions of Cure light wounds in glass vials
A ring of feathfalling
A pearl of power (1st)

fallingdusk
2014-06-02, 03:17 PM
Clean your weapons friends, this stuff is corrosive. Darius pours some water from his water skin onto the lethal blade and then cleans it with a bit of cloth from his explorer's garb.

I'm glad I was of assistance. Lilith, Taluna - I think your loss more than earns the pick of the loot.... But the rest is fair game right?

Darius winks at Taluna.

ShineyDuck
2014-06-02, 06:36 PM
Taluna grins back at Darius, giving him a nod to suggest she's happy with him taking his pick first since his blow killed the queen. She follows suit and pours a little water over her cleaver, and then retrieves her bow.

Im just happy that bitch is dead... if you want something, take it.

Mark_L
2014-06-03, 04:51 AM
The shrinking Pazuzu wipes his sword nonchalantly on his rags before tearing a leg of the Beatle and crunching into it.

"Pazuzu!! Honestly no manners"

Lilith looks over the gear..

"I guess this ring will be most useful for our scouts?" with a nod to Darius and Taluna. Lilith pockets the pearl of power and gives it a squeeze.

Tombs
2014-06-03, 07:40 AM
Hrunhurer glances over the rest of the group.

Any get caught by the beasts? No need to be suffering in silence.

ShineyDuck
2014-06-03, 04:50 PM
Taluna readies her bow with a knocked arrow and takes a stance at the crossroads looking into the room with the stone beds and the statue.

Should cheak that out incase we get surrounded by hidden foes

She mumbles, gesturing to the room with the arrow point, letting the others take their pick of the loot nothing really seeming to jump out as useful to her.

DrK
2014-06-05, 12:11 PM
Stalking into the room with the stone beds Taluna can see each has a groove with limbs that would fit a person. 7 are empty, 1 filled with a decayed corpse, the skull broken into shards, armour marked with the star of the seekers.

As she looks about she can see the statue in the corner, heavy stone with wind whistling faintly through it, a tuft of hair on the end of the decorative stone club. As she walks amongst the beds she begins to feel sleepy, the beds looking supremely comfortable.....

Will DC13 or sleepy time on a bed...

ShineyDuck
2014-06-05, 01:11 PM
The urge to sleep overwhelming Taluna shakes her head trying to keep her focus, but her limbs and eyelids feeling so heavy after the fight with the beetles..maybe just a little rest...

will save
[roll]1d20+2[roll]

9 from OOC

Mark_L
2014-06-05, 04:24 PM
Lilith and Pazuzu watch curiously as Tali climbs onto a bed, the large demon munching on beetle parts.

Tombs
2014-06-06, 11:51 AM
This cannae be good.

Hrunhurer watches as Tali walks in a daze to a bed and starts to climb on then steps forward to pull her off.

Nay lass, this ain't the time.

Assuming I'm now also requiring a Will save: [roll0]
I've included the racial bonus vs spells. If somehow this isn't a spell effect, it's 2 lower.

ShineyDuck
2014-06-06, 02:46 PM
But...just so sleepy... just a minute or two... She grunts trying to pull away form the sensible urging of the dwarf, but not using her full force as he is at least being nice about denying her the comfortable bed.

fallingdusk
2014-06-07, 07:18 AM
Darius, mulls the situation for a second and then works it out.

He steps away from the room.

Taluna, Hrun, all of you, come out of that room. There is a magical trap here. Unless you want a headache so bad, your brains come out your ears.

Hrun, what ever happens don't let her lie down!

DrK
2014-06-19, 03:24 PM
Hrunger tries to grab Taluna but the sleepy half orc pushes him out the way and climbs up onto the slab, eyes closing under the magical geas to sleep. As her head touches the stone head piece there is a grinding and cracking from the tall statue in the corner as it strides forward hammer in place ready to slam down upon the orc!

http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs14/f/2007/087/0/3/Stone_Golem_by_Urric.jpg

Standing by the door the others only have seconds to react as the hammer begins to sing downwards...

Hrunger [roll0]
Darius [roll1]
Lillith [roll2]
Taluna.... sleepy

Giant stone statue hammer[roll3]

Mark_L
2014-06-21, 01:02 AM
Lilith shrieks "Get her out of there Pazuzu!"

The eidolon wades in, it's long arms wrapping around Taluna.

Guessing need the save and the grapple.if it looks like Pazuzu fails his save, he's getting unsummoned.
Will save: [roll0]
Grapple: [roll1]

ShineyDuck
2014-06-22, 01:36 PM
Taluna snores happily unaware of the danger...

Tombs
2014-06-22, 02:39 PM
As the creature swings the axe down, Hrunhurer stops attempting to grab Tali, steps in the way and swings his shield up to block the incoming hammer of death.

Total defence and take the attack by deflecting it off my shield.

With TD my AC is 21.

DrK
2014-06-22, 02:48 PM
Pazazu bounds in and picks up the sleeping orc, the rough handling waking the poor ranger. THe massive stone stature swings its hammer down mightily as the dwarf thrusts his own shield up to deflect it.

Attack [roll0] dam [roll1]

The stone hammer slams into the shield with a sound like a hammer off a gong. THe dwarf is staggered back but otherwise fine....

The party can all go.
Darius and taluna will be first then the rest can kick the statues butt. Taluna is awake

ShineyDuck
2014-06-22, 03:15 PM
With a sudden start and a startled expression Taluna opens her eyes quickly and glances up at the stone statue that has just slammed its hammer into Hrunhurer's shield. Without a second thought she drags her Falchion out of its sheath stepping next to the statue and makes a hard cut into it, though well aware its likely to not be too effective against a foe made of stone growling a feral threat as she does.

Attack
[roll0]

Damage
[roll1]

Mark_L
2014-06-27, 11:57 AM
With the half Orc leaping from his arms Pazuzu draws his greatsword and attacks over head of the cleric..

Lilith casts guidance on Pazuzu
Great sword [roll0] [roll1]
28 in total if this thing can be criticalled

fallingdusk
2014-06-29, 03:48 PM
Darius, runs in and attempts to stab the statue from behind, not sure if his attack will have any effect.

[roll0] Damage: [roll1] Sneak Damage: [roll2]

DrK
2014-06-29, 04:36 PM
The massive stone hammer is halted upon the shield of Hrunger before, now awake with all the carnage around her Taluna bares her fangs and leaps at the guardian, large cleaver like blade hacking a great gouge out of the statue's sculpted abdomen. Even as she readies for the return attack Taluna feels the breath of a great monster behind her and with a massive splintering smash the greatsword swings down shattering the stone helmet and sending a great crack down the statues. Darius rolling through the cloud of dust and stone chips can only watch as the two halves of the statue thud to the ground, massive warhammer dropping with a clang onto the tiles

ShineyDuck
2014-06-29, 05:31 PM
Taluna quickly glances around at everyone, still a little dazed from her rapid awakening, her cleaver held tight in her hands in case another threat might come out of nowhere as this one seemed to.

Mark_L
2014-07-01, 01:38 AM
"Are you ok Tali? This place is full of traps! Can you disable these things Darius?"

Says Lilith as she sifts through the rubble in her haunches..

loots?

DrK
2014-07-02, 12:56 AM
The statue is destroyed, reduced to rubble but the club remains, the stone work beautiful as well as heavy... The chamber is still sleep inducing but there appears to be no risk. The other body, the aged one with shattered skull wears the armour of the seekers and a gold ring with their 8 pointed star upon it.
Putting it together with the bodies in the beetle room its clear a party of Seekers met a sorry end.

MW stone warhammer
MW leather armour
Silver ring with gold seeker symbol 75gp

Tombs
2014-07-03, 02:13 PM
Good whack, lad. That thing was na friendly.

Hrunhurer picks up the stone warhammer.

Hrumph. Nay Dwarf-man but surprisingly solid. Looks like tha' big-city folk didnae make it far. He sadly shakes his head. More bodies to take home.

Picking a moment when everyone is in range, he offers a prayer of thanks for their survival so far to Moradin. Everyone feels refreshment and healing crawling through their bodies.

Channel energy healing:
[roll0]

fallingdusk
2014-07-06, 04:06 PM
Sure, I have disabled a few things in my time, some of them have been traps. ;)

But first I would like to take a closer look in here.

Darius gets out a bunch of tools and begins to search the room for secret compartments.

Perseption Roll + 2 for Tools [roll0]

DrK
2014-07-06, 11:41 PM
A further search of the sleeping chamber turns up nothing else, no secret passageways or treasure caches. The only way now is in the main corridor... The lights illuminating some 90ft of corridor before it drops out if sight...

Mark_L
2014-07-07, 05:46 AM
After watching Darius search for 5 minutes Lilith's customary lack of patience shows itself

"Come on Darius, there's loads more to explore! We can always come back later!"

And with that she casts light on a stone and casts it down the stairs edging forward to see if there is anything interesting....

ShineyDuck
2014-07-07, 07:30 AM
Taluna nods, following Lilith and glancing after the thrown stone to see what it illuminates, her bow readied in hand.

Tombs
2014-07-08, 03:49 AM
Hrunhurer follows on behind, keeping an eye out for anything following them.

Perception: [roll0]

DrK
2014-07-08, 05:56 AM
The party creep down the tunnel. In contrast to the other sub level the murals here are far plainer and all depict masses of workers in subservient poses to the androgynous figure depicted in the other murals. Clearly the other sub level was the rooms for the tombs architect and this level for the workers.

The stairs lead down to a vaulted open chamber some 50ft in diameter with a massive decorated central pillar and 4 others at the corners. But... the floor is hidden. The stairs splashing down into about 8ft of cold water that shimmers darkly in the cool glow of the light spells. A pair of chambers lead off to the left and right of the main chamber, the tops of the arched doorways just visible above the water and in the shadowy light at the edge of the orbs glow.

ShineyDuck
2014-07-11, 05:09 AM
Taluna moves closer to the edge of the water, trading her bow for her throwing axe and dagger, putting her pack here so none of the rest of her equipment gets wet as she explores, her quiver and bow with it, leaving her with her melee weapons. She cautiously gazes into the murky depths with her keen senses, tryign to see if anything is lurking, before tentatively trying a foot in the water.

Perception
[roll0] (+ additional 2 vs traps and hidden items due to scavenger)

DrK
2014-07-12, 12:43 AM
The cold dark water ripples slightly in the glow. The ancient pillars pitted and stained from the water... But Taluna cannot see anything moving.

ShineyDuck
2014-07-12, 03:31 AM
Seeing no initial threat she pushes further into the cold water still keeping her eyes alert, trusting little in this place after all the surprises it has offered so far.

DrK
2014-07-13, 03:44 AM
Stepping into the dark water Taluna shivers, its very cold. Her boots slipping on an age of algae and slime that has built up over years. The steps go down further than she expects as she has to begin swimming, the water about 10ft deep.

Paddling forward she can make out the two archways into the adjoining chambers in the green and black monochrome darkvision.

Which chamber, left or right?
By taking 10 can you hit DC 10 swim checks?

ShineyDuck
2014-07-13, 05:57 AM
Going to the left arch first, breathing hard to keep her temperature up Taluna pressess on, her eyes scanning the darkness for threats.

Taluna has +7 in swim including the ACP so she is easily able to hit that 10

Tombs
2014-07-14, 04:03 AM
Back on the bank, Hrunhurer waits nervously for the return of the scout, ears straining to hear the first tell tale sounds that Taluna has found trouble. He is noticeably twitchy around the large body of water.

Shield and hammer stashed on my back so I've got a hands free for swimming in case I need to go help.

Which will be hilarious as I'll immediately drown.

DrK
2014-07-14, 01:11 PM
Taluna swims out into the darkness. Her orcish heritage giving her a good view of what was happening as she paddled outwards towards the left hand room. Ducking under water she pops up in what appears to be a locker room of sorts. The tops of shelves and storage chests just jutting above the water around the edge of the room and surrounding a tall pillar in the centre of the room that holds aloft the vaulted ceiling that stretches 15ft above the water level.

As you swim along there is a sudden sharp shock as a strong grip claws at your leg. Sharp claws couple with a numbing cold that stabs at your muscles!

Touch [roll0]
Damage [roll1] -ve energy Fort DC 14 or -1 Str, Fort DC 14 or paralysed for [roll2] rounds!

ShineyDuck
2014-07-16, 10:11 AM
Taluna face is first suprised, then slightly panicked as the negative energy courses through her.

Fort save vs strength damage
[roll0]

Fort save vs paralyse
[roll1]

Her muscles go slightly limper before her whole body goes ridgid and frozen from the attack.

This is a horrible place! It really hates my scout!

DrK
2014-07-16, 02:38 PM
As the freezing unearthly cold seeps through her Taluna can feel the icy clawed hand pulling her down under thw water. A decayed face with taut scraps of skin and a few strands of hair leers at you before it pulls Taluna further down wedging her paralyzed body underneath an old stone bench...

--

Back on the surface only Lillith notices the disturbance as the splashing goes quiet and Taluna vasnishes from view...

Players to go please. If Lillith raises the alarm

Mark_L
2014-07-17, 06:38 AM
"Tali's in trouble, quickly Pazuzu!"

Pazuzu dives into the water in the direction Taluna went in, not really knowing what to expect. Lilith waves one of the wands found down here and summons a ghostly presence which she hands her water skin to.

"Empty that, inflate and stopper it and take it to the girl in that room"

She instructs the phantom, pointing toward the disappearing eidolon.

Cast unseen servant, it's going to take an empty water skin as an air bladder for Taluna to hold onto.
Swimming eidolon:
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

DrK
2014-07-21, 03:41 PM
Taluna can only stare at the dark water around as she is wedged under the bench, out of her peripheral vision she can see the dead bones walking towards the friends... As Pazazu leaps into the water with a great splash he struggles and splashes making no headway. From the doorway where Taluna vanished a disgusting grey skinned rotting face with a few stray hairs appears, a bony hand motioning at Hrunger, a ray of crackling blackness crossing the space towards the dwarf.

Ray enfeeble [roll0] touch, [roll1] Str damage

Talanu uses a round of air. Interestingly the adventure specifies that you can hold your breath while paralysed

ShineyDuck
2014-07-21, 06:28 PM
Taluna does everything in her power to move but her body refuses to answer. She does however use her natural instincts to not breath in the murky water, focusing as best she can to not panic and remain the hunter not the prey.

Tombs
2014-07-22, 08:19 AM
Peering into the murky water, Hrunhurer flinches as a black ray of evil shoots past his head, narrowly missing him. He spots the decaying forms of undead. He holds aloft his holy symbol and sends a prayer to Moradin for the destruction of these abominations.

I think I'm in range. If not, move into the water first.

Channel energy, aimed at destroying undead.
[roll0]

Also, a knowledge (religion) to figure out what sort of undead:
[roll1]

DrK
2014-07-22, 01:02 PM
The undead barely flinches at the white light emanating from the dwarf. Though the cleric does recognise the beast as a ghoul, the remnants of robes and the seeker star, maybe it has been the leader of the expedition that had perished in various parts of the tomb!

Please act :smallsmile:

fallingdusk
2014-07-22, 02:14 PM
Darius quickly lifts his bow and notches an arrow. By Olidamara, arrow be true.

Darius aims of the Ghoul and lets loose

Attack roll [roll0]Damage [roll1]

DrK
2014-07-25, 01:07 AM
The ghoul dodges the arrow, sinking below the water as the eidolon draws near. Meanwhile an invisible ripple marks the servant that appears beside Taluna and jams a water skin of air into her mouth. In the main chamber Pazazu feels a wavevif fear wash over him.

Walk on bottom to 10ft from pazazu
Cause fear will DC 13

ShineyDuck
2014-07-25, 05:22 AM
Taluna, a little paniced at the floating waterskin but relieved at the chance to breathe sucks in the air happily.

How many left of my 4 rounds of paralyze?

Is this the 2nd round of it or have i had 2 including being carried down?

Tombs
2014-07-26, 04:35 AM
Trying to work out how he can help, Hrunhurer grabs a couple of pebbles from the rocky floor and whispers a quick prayer to Moradin before hurling the first now-glowing stone towards Tali.

Cast light on a stone
Chuck it at Tali

Edit: actually that might be two rounds worth of actions

Mark_L
2014-07-27, 03:32 PM
Pazuzu continues to flounder forward and makes a grab for the offending Mage..

under water grappling... I have no idea. Struggling to know what to do to help in all honesty.

DrK
2014-07-28, 03:09 PM
The ghoul and Pazazu close upon one another, the eidolon seeking to grab the ghoul and tear it asunder. The undead happy to wrestled the massive demonic creature.

Swim check - done already
AoO from undead [roll0] dam [roll1] Fort DC 14 or paralysed for [roll2] rounds
Grapple is an attack [roll3] and opposed grapple [roll4] VS [roll5]

Mark_L
2014-08-06, 12:27 AM
Pazuzu continues to wrestle with the ghoul, the least friendly of all grapple targets.

Lilith stands prepared to cast should a target rise into view.

[roll0]
If poss drag the ghoul up/out

Tombs
2014-08-06, 08:56 AM
Hrunhurer finished lighting up a suitable pebble and launching it towards Tali, illuminating the area.

Finishing the actions described in previous post.

DrK
2014-08-12, 03:24 PM
Like a pair of massive thrashing wrestling monsters the eidolon drags the ghoul out of the water holding it aloft! In response it hisses, an amulet of Wee Jas dangling form its neck as a wave of freezing negative energy wafts from the creature engulfing the entire party including poor paralysed Taluna! At least now for Taluna the bladder of air to her mouth is less terrifying now that she has air!

[roll0] damage DC 13 Will for half for everyone

Has Darius vanished?

Mark_L
2014-08-12, 03:44 PM
As the ghoul rises above the surface Lilith immediately conjurs a gob of vile looking acid and tosses it towards the ghoul's face..

Ranged touch [roll0]
Saves;
Lilith: [roll1]
Paz: [roll2]

8 damage on Paz now

ShineyDuck
2014-08-12, 05:48 PM
Taluna tries to focus her will on how much she wants to slay this foul undead, her favoured foe, as its dark wave of energy crashes over her. Thankful for the air but not happy her body is still not responding to her desperate desire to move and get into this fight.

Wiil save
[roll0]

Hold long have i got left? I have lost track a little...

DrK
2014-08-14, 02:49 PM
Fighting hard the ghoul hisses as the sizzling acid flies by it. Underwater Taluna begins to feel a little bit of a feeling returning to her fingrs and toes as they begin to flex slightly...

1 more round

The ghoul hisses and snarls at the eidolon, this time eschewing subtlety before as it tries to claw, rend and bite the eidolon...

Attack [roll0] dam [roll1] DC 13 Fort or paralysed [roll2] rounds

Mark_L
2014-08-15, 01:59 PM
Pazuzu attempts to subdue the ghoul, grappling it to the ground...

Grapple to pin [roll0]

fallingdusk
2014-08-16, 05:07 AM
Darius looks to the ceiling Message received loud and clear Olidamara! Thank you.

Darius drops the bow as the negative wave sweeps over him.

[roll0]

He grimaces and draws his dagger and leaps into the water to attack the ghoul being grappled.

Roll:[roll1] Damage:[roll2]

Do it your f##king self!

DrK
2014-08-16, 03:55 PM
As the ghoul and demon grapple and thrash and wrestle in the water blood and dark necromantic energy mixing there is a sudden flurry of activity as with a great leap and splash Darius hurls himself into the water and with a brutal knife thrust drives the blade of his dagger down through the ghoul's skull destroying whatever residual part of the creature that power it. The body literally melting and sloughing into ragged remains in the water!

Moments later there is a spluttering as Taluna surfaces weakly, arms and legs able to move once more...

ShineyDuck
2014-08-17, 03:49 AM
Growling a little at her lack of revenge against the creature but very thankful to be alive Taluna crawls ontot he bank and collapses looking very very sickly and ill and wet of course.

Mark_L
2014-08-18, 12:25 AM
With Tali emerging apparently unscathed Lilith fusses over Pazuzu as the big 'demon' licks his wounds

"oh you poor thing.."

Tombs
2014-08-18, 07:28 AM
Hrunhurer quickly jumps to Tali's side and checks over her injuries.

Heal check: [roll0]

ShineyDuck
2014-08-18, 12:07 PM
Take 10 As out of combat!

Im on 1 HP out of 12

The half orc coughs up some dirty water looking far less happy than before going into the pool but smiles with a grimace of pain as the dwarf tries to help her a little.

Mark_L
2014-08-18, 01:02 PM
Leaving Pazuzu to lick his wounds, Lilith crouches to take a closer look at the ghoul.

DrK
2014-08-19, 01:00 PM
As Taluna lies gasping for air on the side the rest of the party splash into the water to retrieve the body of the ghoul and then Darius prods further into the ghoul's lair as he see's the glint of red.. and it is the red lantern they were searching for. The same bulbous shape and strange runes but with red glass!

Aside from that he also finds in an ancient and partially rotten bag the bones of what was once a humanoid, the bones gnawed and sucked dry of marrow, probably by the evil ghoul. but the scabbard is intact with a delicate looking shortsword with elf runes and a silvery appearance. In addition to that, in an alcove above the water level is a heavy bound spellbook black and liberally decorated with skulls, and a pouch with some money. The ghoul himself has nothing but rags now save for a large ring with the gold star shape of the Seeker Foundation upon it, and an inscription "Good Luck my dear Ulavant... Katria."

Red lantern
Silver shortsword +1
38gp, 22sp, 2pp
Seeker Ring (200gp)
Ulavant's spell book

Tombs
2014-08-19, 01:14 PM
Wondering why he didn't think to bring a heal kit, Hrunhurer fashions some crude bandages and ties up Tali's wounds.

Heal check vs DC 24 (20 +2 per missing use of healer's kit): [roll0]

fallingdusk
2014-08-20, 10:37 AM
Darius approaches the lantern with caution and checks it for traps before picking it up and giving it a closer look.

[roll0]

DrK
2014-08-20, 02:40 PM
Darius examines the red lantern, much like the purple lantern that had been found by the mad dwarf hermit and the spiders by Taluna and Lillith it seems the same. An empty shell of a strange light metal with delicate auran runes and then red glass.

Mark_L
2014-08-21, 12:48 AM
Lilith looks over the uluvants spell book,

"hmm interesting"

...before becoming excited about the lantern

"You found it! That means we can complete the setup up above. I wonder what it'll do? Come on let's go!"

Tombs
2014-08-23, 03:15 AM
Hang about lass. Yer friend near died but a moment ago. Yer creature also be lookin' like he needs a rest. We all be tired an needin to recharge. The lantern puzzle will still be there tomorrow.

ShineyDuck
2014-08-24, 05:19 PM
Taluna nods in support of Hrunhurer, feeling half drowned and not too happy about continuing without a little resting and preferably an ale or few.

DrK
2014-08-25, 01:01 AM
Its a long walk back to town, but a happy one! Weighed down with magical treasures and trinkets worth more than most buildings in the squalid mining town. The evening is a mixture of celebration and circumspection as they try and hide celebrations from shifty eyes.

Level 2!

Waking you feel wiser and ready to face the tomb once more. And soon enough, 3 hours later you stand by the entrance to the cairn once more...

Tombs
2014-08-25, 09:33 AM
Hrunhurer is waiting in the Ugly Gar.

Mornin'. Sorry ta say I be called by me temple. I be leavin' immediately.

I taken care of th' folk we recovered from the temple and made it be known who it wer who wanted to set things right.

He gives them a smile.

Been interesting. I wish ye luck in your futures.

With that he turns away and heads off in the direction of the temple.

ShineyDuck
2014-08-25, 11:51 AM
Having had a restful and boozy evening Taluna is looking much happier than the previous day, keeping her keen eyews out as she leads the way into the cairn one more, looking for trouble but knowing its unlikely to happen until the red lantern is used.

Luke GG
2014-08-25, 02:09 PM
Having had a restful and boozy evening Taluna is looking much happier than the previous day, keeping her keen eyews out as she leads the way into the cairn one more, looking for trouble but knowing its unlikely to happen until the red lantern is used.

In the corner of the inn is a large man in heavy set clothing and a heavy mace and shield to the side. He seems to be talking at the ale in front of him.

He seems to be watching the to and fro of the group with a focus on Lilith.

Mark_L
2014-08-26, 07:39 AM
Lilith notices the attention of the heavy set man but pays no mind - she's used to been the centre of male attention.

Luke GG
2014-08-26, 01:22 PM
Once the dwarf is gone. Loki will go over to the table of adventures.

I hear that you went into the tomb, and had some issues. I might be able to help your cause.

ShineyDuck
2014-08-27, 04:29 AM
The half orc looks up from the table warily looking at Loki, glancing to Lilith to see what her friend thinks and then to her brother wondering what his initial assessment of this stranger might be. Taluna is clearly looking distrustful of the newcomer, though that's typical for her, but also knowing more help in that nasty tomb might be useful.

Mark_L
2014-08-27, 06:27 AM
Lilith rolls her eyes and flaps her arms in an exasperated way..

"Oh for the love of... This is supposed to be a low profile adventure. Maybe we should advertise and have public tryouts!!"

Her temper seems to abate quickly though;

"We might have an opening at that, sit down and tell is about yourself."

Luke GG
2014-08-27, 01:44 PM
Lilith rolls her eyes and flaps her arms in an exasperated way..

"Oh for the love of... This is supposed to be a low profile adventure. Maybe we should advertise and have public tryouts!!"

Her temper seems to abate quickly though;

"We might have an opening at that, sit down and tell is about yourself."

Loki has a northern accent and is very tall.

At the wild gesture. Your taint will carry you to me. It is only a matter of time (in Abyssal).

Loki looks around to see what the reactive to the outburst is, hand going for the mace just in case.

(cough)
Your exploits are know to most. It is a small village after all. My skills are clerical in nature, with some other insights. If I am to come I wish for a fair cut, and 20gp up front. We can discuss more somewhere less crowded.

Mark_L
2014-08-27, 02:39 PM
"You are too presumptuous, but there is someone you should meet" (in abyssal)

Gesturing to Taluna

"Tali here is a little under the weather. Show us what you can do"

I forgot to expand my language selection with the re-stat, but I would have chosen abyssal to complement the infernal...

ShineyDuck
2014-08-27, 03:19 PM
As Loki reaches for his mace Taluna snarls her teeth and glares more, eyeing between the newcomer and her friend as they converse in a strange and unwelcoming language. Really hoping this doesnt turn ugly given her wounded state but quite ready to dive in to back her friend up regardless.

Luke GG
2014-08-27, 03:38 PM
As Loki reaches for his mace Taluna snarls her teeth and glares more, eyeing between the newcomer and her friend as they converse in a strange and unwelcoming language. Really hoping this doesnt turn ugly given her wounded state but quite ready to dive in to back her friend up regardless.

As I said I am here to help.

Turning to Lilith
Your sudden movements made me jump, and I do not think the locals will like the conversation. We should take this else where.

[roll0]

Luke GG
2014-08-27, 03:40 PM
You seem to be badly hurt, give me a moment.

[roll0]

ShineyDuck
2014-08-28, 06:02 PM
Initially wary, but when Loki's casting removes her remaining damage the half orc's anger softens greatly, looking somewhat embarrassed at her snap defensive reaction.

Th..thank you

She mumbles offering a half smile to him feeling somewhat in his debt, but not completely trusting him yet either, mixed emotions making the slightly tipsey half orc look to her allies for guidance about how they proceed.

Mark_L
2014-08-29, 02:18 PM
Lilith looks grudgingly impressed..

"fair enough... Pull up a chair and tell us your story...

Luke GG
2014-08-29, 03:28 PM
Lilith looks grudgingly impressed..

"fair enough... Pull up a chair and tell us your story...

Not here there are too many people. burn there eyes.

DrK
2014-09-01, 01:50 PM
With some buying and selling completed in the morning at the colourful local stroes in the squalid mining village the party minus a dwarf but with a new and mysterious stranger head back up towards the cairn

As you enter and troop down towards the central chamber you reach the long set of stairs now free of webs that lead you into the ramp room. A harsh voice echoing up the stairs "I say it 'ere. it 'ere somewhere. Find it fools". Before a second more cultured voice replies in a whiny voice "I told you this may take longer. These things are not easy. I know Smenk said to come and take it, why not wait till those fools get it and then kill on their way back to town?" A couple of laughs follow that as you think there may be 4 other "adventurer's" down there...

Someone is trying to get in on your kills!

Do buying and selling in OOC thread

ShineyDuck
2014-09-02, 04:21 AM
Taluna bears her teeth, gesturing the others to be quiet and extinguish lights so she can ambush these would be assailants first. She creeps forwards being very very careful and keeping her eyes out for any traps they might have left to keep them safe as they searched, her bow in hand ready and an arrow stringed, though her other hand used to creep quietly forwards.

Stealth cheak
[roll0]

Spotting traps (including ratial scavenger and goggles of minute seeing)
[roll1]

Mark_L
2014-09-02, 06:18 AM
As Taluna creeps forward Lilith quietly says to the others..

"Sounds like we have the drop on these guys, we could ambush them with a half dozen demons?"

..and by this I mean use my entire daily class ability in one go.. Think I get 7. We would be without Pazuzu though...

scratch that, can only have 1 at a time

DrK
2014-09-02, 01:02 PM
Sneaking down the passageway Taluna can soon see the large room illuminated beneath her. 4 figures pacing around lit by green and purple lit that glitters and shines of the ceiling crystals. One of the 4 she recognises instantly. the massive albino half orc Kullen, clad in little more than a leather belt and loincloth with a huge broad axe in his clawed paw. A half orc you've had more than one run in with in the past.

http://cdn.obsidianportal.com/images/199622/kullen.jpg

Leader of a particulalry unpleasant band of thugs for Balabar Smenk, a mine manager with a hand in most nefarious and notorious schemes. Two more men looks like fighters, one clad in chain with a long glaive he uses to prod the dessicated bodies on the floor, the other in loose fitting leathers with a pair of swords sheathed at his waist. The last man leans on a staff dressed in robes drinking from a flask. "Kullen, I tell you this will take longer than you think." But the orc is less happy. "Find the last lantern wizard or I'll feed you to whatever ate that bitch" the snarl finished with pointing at the body of one of the beetle devoured corpses.

ShineyDuck
2014-09-02, 03:52 PM
Sneaking back to give this information to her allies, but wanting to get the use of her superior night vision over on Kullen and soften him considerably before the real fighting begins, Taluna sneaks back to a vantage poitn and readies her bow.

Find somewhere to hide and ill bring them to you. I can keep their eyes busy so they wont see you...

She says with a feral grin, enjoying the chance to hunt something and hoping the ambush makes easy work of them.

Mark_L
2014-09-02, 04:06 PM
Lilith casts enlarge on Pazuzu and the pair wait in ambush...

ShineyDuck
2014-09-02, 05:54 PM
Taluna sizes the targets and with a considered aim before choosing her target and loosing 2 arrows at the wizard to give him something to worry about. Keeping as much distance as she possibly can, making the most of her eyes she hides and attacks hoping for a quick kill before having to retreat back to the others

Rapid shot

hit
[roll0]
damage
[roll1]

hit
[roll2]
damage
[roll3]

DrK
2014-09-06, 12:27 AM
At the top of the web stairs Pazuzu swells and grows to twice his size, an imposing now 12ft tall demon with a 10ft blade. Crouched on thebstsurs in the shadows Taluna takes careful aim at the other party before letting fly twice, the twin arrows striking the mage in the chest and sending him tumbling to the ground, blood leaking from the wounds. Kullen and the two men look around, a shout of Bitch! Kill her

The Feral dog gang [roll0]
Taluna [roll1]
Darius [roll2]
Pazazu/Lilith [roll3]
Luke's Oracle [roll4]

Three PCs, then badguys, then darius

Luke GG
2014-09-06, 09:55 AM
What is taking so long. (Abyssal)

Loki wait in ambush.

Mark_L
2014-09-07, 03:41 AM
Lilith casts guidance on Pazuzu and whispers and instruction to the big eidolon.

"Hold here and surprise them as they rush the stairs"

Pazuzu stands impassive

"YES MISTRESS"

so will be a prepared action and I'll roll an AoO as well, guidance on first, power attacking...

[roll0] [roll1]
[roll2] [roll3]

ShineyDuck
2014-09-07, 05:51 PM
Grinning as she fires one more arrow at her pursuers, this time aimed right for Kullen, before turning and heading quickly away 30ft back towards the others. Taluna seems happy her proposed ambush is at least seeming to be going as planned, knocking another arrow ready as she moves and finding a dark nook to hide and wait to fire from as the get within a good range.

To Hit Kullen
[roll0]

Damage
[roll1]

Plus crit damage if his AC is 24 or less +21.

Move 30ft and hide if possible (though making sure to be not far from the route back to the others)

Stealth check
[roll2]

DrK
2014-09-08, 02:32 PM
The massive arrow thuds deep into the albino's orc chest, buried 6 inches deep into the white flesh. Roaring in rage he rages. Howling and hurtling forward under his own strength he bounds up the stairs trailing blood before... THUD a massive 10ft blade swings down and shears him in half... blood spraying liberally around...

Behind the orc there is a clatter as the man with the glaive throws it down and the other sheathes his twinned blades. A shouted "Oh, you lot up there... we don't want know trouble eh? Just let us go and we'll say no harm no foul. Smenk ask's we'll say spiders got Kullen and old Randolph eh?" Looking at the wizard dead with a pair of arrows in his chest and Kullen lying in two halves beside an apparent 12ft tall massive demon they both look petrified...

You were lucky there... Kullen is a mean swine and the wizard was packing sleeps!

Luke GG
2014-09-08, 03:27 PM
Drop all gold and weapons. Now! (abyssal)

Loki comes out of hiding and checks the two halves to see what he had, and when to the mage.

ShineyDuck
2014-09-08, 04:03 PM
Taluna steps out of her rapidly found hidey hole giving Pazuzu a nod for the kill and smiling to the others before turning to look at the remaining two below them. Her new bow still in her hands, she moves over to Kullen's corpse, kneels and wets her hand in the ichor leaking from his chest where her arrow dug dangerously deep, smearing his blood over the shaft of her weapon ritually.

Can we trust them?

She whispers to Lilith knowing her friend is better with people and judging others than she is, clearly very ready to execute the remaining two to keep them silent as the grave if required to.

Mark_L
2014-09-09, 01:02 AM
Pazuzu stalks forward, an insatiable hunger plain on his face.

"MISTRESS, OUR BARGAIN"

Circling the two prisoners, eyes fixated upon them.

"Well, what a pickle. I do so hate to disappoint Pazuzu. Well, have you two got anything useful to offer us?"

Use the trait for +4 using eidolon' size mod
[roll0]

DrK
2014-09-09, 01:12 AM
The two men look blankly at the Oracle as he barks at them in a harsh sounding language. Both mutely shaking their heads. Beside Kullen Loki finds a well made great axe that bears a glowing rune on its blade, in the blood soaked belt pouch is some coins and potions.

The two men arrive at the top of the stairs, clearly terrified of the massive eidolon. we ain't got much. Smenk don't pay that well. We just got 'ere, hadn't managed to crack into any of the tombs yet. How bout we give you our cash and then we part ways? Both men offer belt pouches that clink with coins and contain some small glass bottles (potions). To Taluna the men seem like they do indeed just want to leave... Kullen and the wizard's body a demonstration of the heroes capabilities for violence!

Mark_L
2014-09-09, 02:42 AM
"If these men threaten us again, you may have the gift of their flesh"

Pointing to the downed foes.. "For now these must slake your thirst"

Pazuzu falls on the still bleeding bodies in a frenzy, tearing gear hunks of flesh with his hooked beak.

Lilith holds out her hand for the gold.

"Leave"

ShineyDuck
2014-09-09, 03:32 AM
Taluna just watches them both with a cold stare, tense and ready but inwardly happy not to have to execute the two unarmed men. She looks a little concerned herself as Pazuzu feasts but doesn't let her aggressive glare falter.

DrK
2014-09-09, 03:59 PM
The two men flee down the corridor into the night, rapidly vanishing from sight. Pausing only, long enough for Rastophan, the man with two swords, to retch at the sight of Pazazu's beaked form tearing strips off the white Orc's body! Searching the two dead and rifling through the belt pouches of the two fled men yields a rich reward!

Potions [Cure light x3, Jump, Mage Armour, Cure mod', Bulls Strength x2, Shield Faith]
Scroll [Shield]
Wand [Ray of Enfeeblement (17),
Greataxe +1
Brooch of Shielding (35 charges)
MW light crossbow
Spellbook
17gp 23sp

With the tomb to yourselves you can see that the other party had managed to light all six torches save for the final red one held in Darius's bag! Do you dare light the last and final torch!?

Luke GG
2014-09-11, 12:38 PM
What is this and what does it do?

Mark_L
2014-09-14, 01:35 AM
Lilith strolls forward and lights the last lantern, placing attaching it to its chain...

Luke GG
2014-09-14, 07:41 AM
Umm what are you doing??

Mark_L
2014-09-14, 09:16 AM
Lilith ignores Loki. Pazuzu interposes himself flapping his wings angrily, looking menacing with his head covered in splashed of blood and tatters of ogre hanging from his beak.

Luke GG
2014-09-14, 10:28 AM
Lilith ignores Loki. Pazuzu interposes himself flapping his wings angrily, looking menacing with his head covered in splashed of blood and tatters of ogre hanging from his beak.

A little more info would be useful. Are you opening a portal somewhere...

Mark_L
2014-09-14, 12:33 PM
A little more info would be useful. Are you opening a portal somewhere...

Lilith places the lantern, lights it and turns to Loki..

"Who knows. Pazuzu found a strange passage earlier that might do something..let's wait and see.."
..and she waits expectantly..

ShineyDuck
2014-09-14, 04:26 PM
With an arrow knocked and ready for anything Taluna keeps her senses primed for any dangers that might result from the lantern's lighting

We met with some beetle's earlier... and some traps. Keep an eye out and be ready for anything

She whispers to Loki

DrK
2014-09-14, 11:02 PM
As the last lantern is lit a hush falls over the room before from the blue tunnel a great rush of wind erupts sending loose objects flying and flapping hair and clothes before seconds later the gust stops and only a faint breeze can be felt. A slight grinding noise from above, maybe a door opening?

Luke GG
2014-09-15, 12:33 PM
With an arrow knocked and ready for anything Taluna keeps her senses primed for any dangers that might result from the lantern's lighting

We met with some beetle's earlier... and some traps. Keep an eye out and be ready for anything

She whispers to Loki

Loki looks to Taluna You what, bettles!!

ShineyDuck
2014-09-15, 03:32 PM
At Loki's outburst she continues as her eyes scan the ceiling and the source of the noise with her darkvison

Nasty bastards. Ate a friend of mine and another companion. But we killed their hive and burned their queen. Just dont wanna see any more of em.

She says in the same quiet growl

90ft darkvison to the ceiling

perception check
[roll0]

Mark_L
2014-09-15, 04:34 PM
Lilith looks up in contemplation..

"Ah yes, the door.. Pazuzu, would you be do kind as to take a look.."

"YES"

Before making his way to the chain and beginning to climb.

checks:
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
Lilith stands prepared to un-summon

DrK
2014-09-16, 01:15 PM
The massive beaked demon scampers up the chain with effortless ease before it pokes its head down the long tunnel where the face had tried to push it down the shaft. This time there is no face at the end of the tunnel, the wall/door/trap has gone. Smoothly retracting into the walls allowing passage to a room beyond.

Creeping closer the room is large, a great vault with a single foot wide beam leading across the void to a door on the other side carved with elaborate imagery of tall thin armoured figures doing battle with clearly demonic creatures. The carvings are exquisite and seem almost to flap in the eidolon's darkvision (but they are definitely carvings). The walls of the barrel shaped chamber are of the same style. A depiction of a great battle of some kind between nimble lithe figures with elegant pointed armoured helms and long spears fighting a horde of spider like demons.

The floor of the chamber some 20ft below looks strange. A great mass of iron balls, the size of a human fist, make a carpet beneath, how deep its hard to tell.

is he crossing the bridge?
Is he dropping to explore the floor?
Are the party coming up?

ShineyDuck
2014-09-16, 03:43 PM
Taluna, seeing Pazazu pause for the moment quickly stows her bow behind her and follows him up the chain. With the demon infront of any potential threats that might come the half orc makes no haste in her own assent taking her time to make sure her hand holds are firm as she climbs.

Taking 10 as not threatened

=18

On reaching the top she also look around with her darkvison taking in the room. With a nod to the demon and the room around them she then takes her rope out her back, secures it tightly at the top of the chain and lowers it for the others to have a slightly easier assent as Pazazu keeps watch.

Mark_L
2014-09-17, 04:21 PM
Lilith ties a big knot in the rope and sits on it and the big demon seemingly effortlessly hauls her up.

She strides forward and examines the strange room, a
Bloom of light erupting from the tip of her spear.

"Hmm, strange. What do you make of this Darius?"

Also detect magic.

Luke GG
2014-09-17, 04:30 PM
Loki will use the new chair to try and get up.

Mark_L
2014-09-17, 04:44 PM
Loki will use the new chair to try and get up.

Pazuzu looks down at Loki and shakes his head.

probably a little bit of a weight difference there bud

ShineyDuck
2014-09-17, 07:13 PM
Taluna smiles at the interchange between the demon and the newcomer, but in an efffort to keep things pleasant pulls Loki up the rope, bracing hard against the sides of the tunnel as she does. Not rushing but taking slow care her pulls careful and focused she eventually gets the oracle up. As she offwrs him her hand to get out of the seat she offers a slightly playful smile as she whispers to Loki

I hope you do more than wave your hands about hands to heal... this cave is really dangerous, you better know how to fight too

Smiling pleasently but the undertone of "you better not be dead weight" clear in her attitude, but her smile showing shes waiting for him to show his worth rather than dismissing him. Once he isa up safely, if Darius isnt already up she throwsa the rope down to him to assist his climb

DrK
2014-09-18, 12:58 PM
With the party assembled there is still the choice of rappelling down to the floor filled with the strange iron spheres or crossing the narrow beam to the door some 40ft on the opposite sode of the room. As the party gather on the edge Taluna's sharp eyes spot what appears to the remains of a body tumbled in the centre of the room, partially buried in iron spheres, only a skeletal hand and the hint of a piece of fabric sticking visible. A second bundle in the far right corner also catches her sharp yellow eyes, some sort of weapon partly sticking up through the balls.

ShineyDuck
2014-09-18, 03:27 PM
Taluna points out her find to the others gesturing with a finger and quietly growling

Look...they fell foul of something... Those balls look more dangerous with a dead body in them. But there is equipment...might be worth a risk?

She eyes the weapon carefully and wonders how to get to things without having to swim in what might be very deadly waters

Mark_L
2014-09-20, 01:56 AM
Hmm, Lilith utters a quick incantation and studies the room

detect magic, concentrate

DrK
2014-09-20, 01:59 AM
To the summoners eyes the whole room glows softly with a soft abjurant glow, a pair of magical auras, one the green of transmutation, one the fiery evocative red glow near the weapon in the corner. The weapon itself appears non magical.

Mark_L
2014-09-20, 02:48 AM
Pazuzu, I must call upon your brethren

Before she dismisses him with a wave of her hand, and with another short incantation a mean looking dog appears.

"Let's see what it does"

The dog walks a cross the ledge...

Luke GG
2014-09-20, 12:02 PM
Pazuzu, I must call upon your brethren

Before she dismisses him with a wave of her hand, and with another short incantation a mean looking dog appears.

"Let's see what it does"

The dog walks a cross the ledge...

Can you not dispel the magic that holds everything together? As it is likely to be reset if tripped.

Loki looks to see when tripped how he can stop the trap resetting if it does.

Mark_L
2014-09-20, 12:18 PM
Lilith keeps her eyes in the dog.

"Not yet, and nor can you"

Luke GG
2014-09-20, 12:23 PM
Loki eyes Lilith

True..

ShineyDuck
2014-09-20, 02:00 PM
Taluna watches the decoy hound with a calm sense of dread, hoping it makes it across the ledge even if it isnt real (she doesnt really know how Lilith's magic works) and avoids the pit of ominous balls.

DrK
2014-09-20, 02:10 PM
The red scaled and horned dog walks 3 paces onto the beam before a hail of iron balls shoots from the walls slamming into the dog. The dog howls briefly before vanishing in a puff of red smoke, another half dozen iron balls falling into the carpet beneath. Even as the balls bounce and rolls on the floor there is a ghostly howl from the upper echelons of the room as a ghostly figure, like that of a young boy with now strange ectoplasmic claws and a tilted head...

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_Jyqu2WNExMM/TFsoMMYSujI/AAAAAAAAABQ/V-kecWl6KDg/s320/NPC+Land,+Alaster.jpg

The ghost looks at Lillith before seemingly leaping into her body with a angry howl!

Everyone DC16 Will or frightened for [roll0] rounds
Lillith DC 16 Will or possessed by the ghost!

ShineyDuck
2014-09-20, 02:39 PM
Taluna winces as the dog is torn apart, but becomes suddenly very hostile at the sight of the ghost trying to keep her instincts and raise her bow at it...

will save DC 16
[roll0]

But its all a little too much for her and with a whimper she flees away from the creature back to the chain and her rope considering trying to descend it in a hurry but just about keeping her cool enough to stop this foolish action.

Luke GG
2014-09-20, 03:35 PM
Well that was interesting .... what the ... (any text in red is abyssal)

[roll0]

Loki goes to hit it before it "goes in".

[SPOILER=Hit it]
1d20+3
damage 1d20+2
SPOILER]

Luke GG
2014-09-20, 03:44 PM
[SPOILER=Hit it]
[roll0]
damage [roll1]
SPOILER]

Mark_L
2014-09-21, 10:29 AM
Lilith screams as the ghost plunges toward her, hastily pushing her way back down the corridor..

Save vs fear [roll0]
Save vs possession [roll1]

DrK
2014-09-21, 10:38 AM
Even as Lillith screams the ghost seems to physically bounce off her, Loki's sword passing harmlessly through its incorporeal form. Even as the party begins to flee the ghost speaks... a piteous horrible mournful wail. "no.... stay. You must hear me. I don't like it here, I want my mummy..... The voice high pitched, childlike and plaintive at the end.

Luke GG
2014-09-21, 11:55 AM
Even as Lillith screams the ghost seems to physically bounce off her, Loki's sword passing harmlessly through its incorporeal form. Even as the party begins to flee the ghost speaks... a piteous horrible mournful wail. "no.... stay. You must hear me. I don't like it here, I want my mummy..... The voice high pitched, childlike and plaintive at the end.

What the ..... possessing people is not going to help with that. Why are you here boy.

DrK
2014-09-23, 01:21 PM
The ghost floats in mid air crying sadly, head still crooked to one side. I died here. I hid from the bad men but the metal balls hit me and I fell..

He sobs some more as you realise that ghost has never changed from the 12 year old boy killed by the trap. please. Take my body home. I just want to go home. he pauses glancing at the door on the far side of the beam. I can open that for you if you just take my body home to give to my parents../

Luke GG
2014-09-23, 01:30 PM
Where do you live. How long ago did you die?

DrK
2014-09-24, 12:52 AM
The ghost continues to float, hanging in the air whilst half the party begin to recover their senses. I lived with my family on weather top. I don't how long I've been here. Its been so long. Please take me home and I can open the door.

Luke GG
2014-09-24, 12:27 PM
How can this be done. I take it we have only to take your body and you will make the trap stop?

DrK
2014-09-25, 01:30 AM
The ghostly child shrugs. I don't know how the trap works. I think it killed me.. ghostly tears fall, evaporating before they reach the ground. I just want to go home. If you do that I can open the door for you. To demonstrate quickly he waves his hand through the wall.

With know(religion) you'll be aware the returning a body can dispel a ghost.

ShineyDuck
2014-09-25, 06:34 AM
Taluna gives the beam and the floor a very thorough look using her goggles to see if sahe is able to work out the triggers.

preception cheak, including scavenger and goggles
[roll0]

I will also be carrying the great axe until we can sell it as i think im the only one who can use it

Mark_L
2014-09-25, 01:00 PM
Lilith recovers somewhat.

"Oh you poor thing, of course we will. Open the door and we disarm the trap."

DrK
2014-09-25, 01:30 PM
Taluna searching about quickly realises the whole beam is trapped. But simply climbing down and scrabbling across the uneven floor and climbing up the far side will easily circumvent the trap. Not the door on the far side however.

At lilliths words Alastar points to a scrap of fabric and bones in the corner. take my bones home first. I ain't opening the door till then.

Mark_L
2014-09-25, 02:05 PM
After a brief period of mumbled chanting Pazuzu appears.. And gives the ghost his full attention, wings flapping angrily.

"MISTRESS?"

"It turns out he is a friend Pazuzu. Could you hop down where those balls are and recover the bodies."

To which the big demon jumps down and starts throwing the balls around..

ShineyDuck
2014-09-25, 05:04 PM
Tanluna follows into the ball pit, but more cautiously moving towards the weapon tossing it up to the group to have a look at before helding the demon with the bones.

No one touch the beam...

She mutters

DrK
2014-09-26, 01:16 AM
Dropping into the iron balls the demon and Taluna scrabble across the slipping and moving surface. Pazazu finds the remains of a small boy. The skeleton and ragged clothes suggesting the poor ghost may have been here for decades!

Taluna reaches the corner where the weapon is. The body of a long adventurer buried. The weapon up close is pitted and corroded but the banded mail around the body is salvageable. A belt, maybe gnome in origin looks special, the stately cummerbund features a number of dancing dolphins embroidered on its deep blue material. There is also glass bead, fiery red with ignis carved onto it.

A small boy's skeleton
Cummerbund of swimming
Campfire bead
Broken mw banded mail

ShineyDuck
2014-09-26, 05:06 AM
Taluna tosses up the loot found to the others waiting, letting Pazuzu deal with the child's remians. She climbs out of the ball pit having had quite enough fun playing in their with the demon.

Mark_L
2014-09-27, 02:43 PM
"ok, now where was your home?"

DrK
2014-09-27, 03:46 PM
The ghost reaches out an incorporeal hand, the hand passing through his body. "Me da' was Master Land. The farm was on the west side of the weather top." He watches as the demon handles the body, more ghostly tears falling...

You heading to the farm?

ShineyDuck
2014-09-27, 07:55 PM
Taluna watches the ghost reaching out to his broken corpse with a mix of un nerved ness and pity.

Take the lantern with us...might be more robbers like the others

she mutters as she starts to head back to her rope for the descent.

DrK
2014-09-28, 03:23 PM
A lantern stowed in a bag the party leave once more. This time Taluna and Lillith taking the lead as they hike for 3 hours around the hills towards weather top. The rolling hills lead to the Land Farmstead and the small copse of trees that houses the family graveyard. Just where the boy ghost said you find the copse of trees, a pair of immense deklo trees shading the quite clearing. On the hilltop some 400m away you can seem a crumbling farmstead with sagging walls and a collapsed roof. Five gravemarkers stand in the clearing marked with names of the Land family; Anders Land CY 531-564, Bernissa Land CY 534-576, GemmaLand CY 550-576, Gertia Land CY 563-576 and Alastor Land CY 562 - .... The father's grave still hung with long dead wreaths, the mother and two sisters likley succumbed to the Red Death if the 4 leafed flower means what it normally does. In front of each headstone the earth is dug up and excavated, the bodies of 4 of them present having been removed recently - likely in the past week! Dirty tracks scattered around the meadow like hill side.

Luke GG
2014-09-28, 03:46 PM
Loki will cast guidance to all, also light if dark..

This will help. Can you (Taluna) track at all or tell where the bodies might be? I do not like the fact the body are not here. I hate necromancers..

ShineyDuck
2014-09-28, 05:02 PM
Taluna replys to Loki with a curt nod. Also with a slight scowl at the suggestion of necromancy, but thinking Loki probably right. Looking to the graves and their tracks she start to try to work out where the bodies have been moved, and particularly looking for any clues to "why" though knowing this unlikely at this venture, her eyes keen in the darkness not needing Loki'slight to see as she checks the trail.

Tracking to follow corpse bodies!
[roll0]
Sorry forgot +1 from ranger levels...

I have only just noticed that in pathfinder googles of minute seeing are +5 to disable device, not search like they used to be in 3.5 (i was checking to see if they helped with tracks). Totally my bad but an honest mistake. I would never have taken them under the circumstances, and will pass to the rogue when he turns up...

Mark_L
2014-09-29, 12:49 AM
Lilith stands near the graves, watching carefully as Pazuzu quickly digs a shallow grave and buries the bones of the boy.

"I don't like this, messing with the dead isn't natural"

Pazuzu pauses briefly in his digging and glances toward his mistress, before resuming.

DrK
2014-09-29, 02:31 PM
Taluna looks at the tracks and follows them up to the crest of the hill where she can see the course seems to be heading... The old observatory that is just visible overlooking the town on a an old bluff above an abandoned mine. The observatory is crumbling with a wide slit bisecting its domed roof where a great telescope used to pierce the heavens. Now the place bears a darker character with a sagging roof, mould and mildew and an air of depression and decay. A slim stairway is the only way in climbing up the steep walls to the only door on the outbuilding's side. Flickering lights occasionally visible in the grey afternoon light in the second and third floor windows.

Looking at the despoiled graves and the now new one with the boy's body placed oddly gently into by the hulking beaked demon its obvious to everyone that the ghostly boy will get no peace whilst his families bodies have been despoiled....

ShineyDuck
2014-09-29, 05:32 PM
Taluna points out the observatory and lets them know all she sees with her keen eyes. She looks uneasy and tense, the area of decay bringing out a dirty taste in her mouth, but also a grim steely determination to find and put down whoever or whatever stole the boys family's bodies.

No mercy here...

She growls softly, tense and obviously spoiling for a fight. One hand gripping her bow, the other thumbing the handle of the new 2 handed axe strapped next to her cleaver, hoping to blood it at least the once before they sell it on.

ShineyDuck
2014-09-30, 03:46 PM
Waiting for everyone to be ready she carefully starts to make her way towards it, using guile and what cover is available not liking this one bit. Staying ahead of the party enough to see any potential ambush, but not so far that she might get cut off she makes her way towards the observatory.

Perception
[roll0]

Stealth
[roll1]

Mark_L
2014-10-01, 03:04 AM
Lilith and Pazuzu follow cautiously.

Tombs
2014-10-01, 01:21 PM
Darius stares at the empty graves for some time before heading after the others and asking Lily

We're assuming that anyone up here is up to no good?

Luke GG
2014-10-01, 01:32 PM
Loki moves with the others.

Mark_L
2014-10-01, 02:04 PM
Darius stares at the empty graves for some time before heading after the others and asking Lily

We're assuming that anyone up here is up to no good?

Lilith pulls a face

"Well, this endeavor has been flush with good fortune so far.."

Tombs
2014-10-01, 02:12 PM
Darius gives her a crooked grin and puts an arm around her shoulder and gives her a quick hug.

You're right. This doesn't look like the place for nice folk to be gathering. Don't worry Lil, the day isn't over yet. We can still get something out of all this.

DrK
2014-10-01, 03:45 PM
The hill side rolls along under the party as the 4 of you plus the demon advance towards the observatory. The half orc a 100ft or so out in front bow in hand and vanishing as she prowls through the shrubs. Advancing towards the observatory she can still see the tracks left by those who had dragged the bodies away, the tracks suggestive of a clumsy gait on the grave robbers.

Getting to maybe 200ft form the observatory the smell hits the half orc, a smell of rot and decay and a faint miasma of green gaseous smoke leaking from the dome of the old observatory main building, a squat low adjacent building adjoining the dome the only way in. A rotting stairway leading up a few stairs to a large double door surrounded by a stone facing depicting the moons and the stars under a heavy coat of lichen. Nothing seems to be moving save the faint swirls of smoke and the occasional flicker of blue light behind the thick glass panes of the dome top.

Mark_L
2014-10-01, 04:08 PM
Looking at the imposing visage..

"Yeah, nothing going on here. Why don't we just torch the place eh?"

Tombs
2014-10-01, 04:24 PM
Darius pulls out a molotov and bounces it in his hand, eyeing the place thoughtfully.

Can do. Where do you think will be most efficient? A couple through the ground floor windows? Slightly worried about the gas exploding though. Any idea what it is?

Mark_L
2014-10-02, 12:32 PM
"Why don't you and Tali go take a look before we do something that's too much fun.

Tombs
2014-10-02, 12:44 PM
Darius gives her a reproachful look.

Are you trying to say there may be some combination of circumstances in which we don't burn this building?

He hands her three molotovs and fades into the shadows, signalling Tali to loop around the building in the opposite way and have a look-see.

Bluff check to convey that simple message: [roll0]
(since we three have known each other a long time, I assume we've done this before under different circumstances)

Stealth check: [roll1]
I'll move around quickly, mostly because I can with no penalty thanks to my rogue talent.

Perception check: [roll2]

ShineyDuck
2014-10-02, 04:22 PM
Nodding to Darius at his suggestion without a word, her bow primed for anything they might find held tensely in her hand. Taluna isn't quite so fast at sneaking as Darius, but circles the tower the other way round with the careful grace of her elven blood, her keen eyes watching for any threats in the darkness.

Stealth
[roll0]

Percption
[roll1]

But its the clumpy grace of her orcish side that seems to make each attempted tiptoed footstep a stomp...

Luke GG
2014-10-02, 04:34 PM
Loki winces as Taluna moves off.

ummm ... never mind.

DrK
2014-10-03, 02:44 PM
Darius and Taluna circle the building carefully, eyes and ears open carefully, Taluna slightly less stealthy as she stomps on the ground. Looking at the structure both of you can see that the stout stone walls won't burn, the only way in seems to be either through the main door or through the slit in the roof where the telescope used to be if someone were foolhardy enough to climb 3 floors up.

There is little sound from inside, an occasional hint of a song... "The thigh bone...... knee....connected to the....... wrist.... but out of tune and barely audible...

http://th00.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/i/2012/354/6/2/the_observatory_by_hero339-d5om1x4.jpg

ShineyDuck
2014-10-03, 06:49 PM
Taluna gestures to Darius and the roof wondering what his thoughts were, but making angry bow wielding faces shooting down at enemies it makes it clear she thinks she might make her own entry form above if he was to lead from the ground. She taps the magical great axe reassuringly to say she would be fine and gives a nod to the others as if to ask him to keep an eye. With that she takes her rope and grapple and attempts a stealthy ascent, unless he stops her.

Climb cheak to the hole in the roof: rope and grapple
[roll0]

being quiet, stealth cheak
[roll1]

Tombs
2014-10-04, 01:21 PM
Darius nods to Tali and makes his way to the main entrance. He signals the others to be ready and sets about investigating the doors.

Searching for traps, then trying to look through the keyhole if possible. If not, start looking for ways to open the door quietly and slowly.

I think that's a barrage of Perception checks:
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]

Let me know what else I need.