PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Manifester Level for Soulknife?

Elfkin_King
2014-05-06, 03:09 PM
Aside from using the Gifted Blade, is there a way to get Manifester levels for the Soulknife? Such as with a feat or two.

I'm looking to take advantage of Psicrystals, and I realized that Soulknives don't have a manifester level. I was hoping to NOT use the Gifted Blade, but it looks to me, so far, that I may need to in order to take the psicrystal feats without dipping into other psionic classes. Which wouldn't be terrible.

Xsatra
2014-05-06, 05:48 PM
Nothing I could find. The closest you could get is with the Unlocked Talent feat, but it explicitly calls out that it doesn't grant a true manifester level for qualifying for feats, crafting, PrCs etc.

Elfkin_King
2014-05-06, 08:37 PM
Nothing I could find. The closest you could get is with the Unlocked Talent feat, but it explicitly calls out that it doesn't grant a true manifester level for qualifying for feats, crafting, PrCs etc.

Yeah, that's what I found too. I was hoping not to have to use the Gifted Blade over the base class because it adds an extra level of complication. I'm already gestalting with Martial Adept classes and keeping up with power points and powers as a whole on top of the maneuvers is a bit much... but I think I saw a thing that allowed me to expend power points to refresh maneuvers, so that could be in my favor and the powers could just be for situational stuff.

stack
2014-05-06, 09:12 PM
You can never go wrong with manifesting vigor before a fight. The gifted blade list is largely buffs and you get a limited selection, so it isn't adding that much trouble anyhow. Gestalted with an initiator you probably won't be manifesting much in combat, so just take pre-fight buffs or out of combat stuff.

mabriss lethe
2014-05-06, 11:38 PM
If 3.5 material is on the table, there are a handful of ways via Host feats or using a race that grants PLAs. Though I'm only passingly familiar with PF. I don't know if it will hold up in that rule set.

Edit: It looks like you can qualify for psicrystal affinity in PF just by being a Maenad. I don't see any rules that exclude the manifester level of PLAs from counting for feats.

Elfkin_King
2014-05-07, 09:16 AM
You can never go wrong with manifesting vigor before a fight. The gifted blade list is largely buffs and you get a limited selection, so it isn't adding that much trouble anyhow. Gestalted with an initiator you probably won't be manifesting much in combat, so just take pre-fight buffs or out of combat stuff. That's what I was thinking. It seems the best way to take advantage of it, especially at later levels when the duration on powers is something like 10 min/level.

If 3.5 material is on the table, there are a handful of ways via Host feats or using a race that grants PLAs. Though I'm only passingly familiar with PF. I don't know if it will hold up in that rule set.

Edit: It looks like you can qualify for psicrystal affinity in PF just by being a Maenad. I don't see any rules that exclude the manifester level of PLAs from counting for feats.

I noticed that too, but I need a manifester level of at least 3 so I can qualify for Psicrystal Containment.

Elfkin_King
2014-05-09, 10:48 AM
EDIT: Wrong Thread