PDA

View Full Version : North for the Summer: Gregor

Acanous
2014-05-06, 06:00 PM
Catching the Red-eye into Calgary was actually pretty easy. Not too many people seem to want to visit right now, and your fellow passengers were all either natives or business sorts. The customs guys are pretty thorough, though. First time you've been frisked by dudley friggin' do-right.
You heard the downtown had something go down, and that the place had been flooded. Seems that didn't go as far out as the airport- there's no signs that anything is out of sorts.
You've got a couple nights booked at a local hotel, figuring you can find better accommodations after you scope the place out a little. Least the rental place has a good selection.

Cogsrow
2014-05-09, 09:55 PM
-Gregor sighs, he felt naked without a gun. The massive 7ft 5 and 300lb mountain of meat and muscle gets a hummer, bout the only car he could fit in, and heads into town. Time to find the local prince, always good to let him know a new Kindred is in town-

Not sure if he'd know who the local prince is or not, he would of tried to figure that out before comeing, if you want me to make the rolls I will

Acanous
2014-05-10, 12:13 AM
(Yeah, go ahead and roll. Make it one of the following, and tell me which:
Charisma+Politics= you're well connected enough that you knew for the asking.
Wits+Investigation= you did your homework the old fashioned way, due to paranoia.)

The city looks a lot like Detroit. Sprawling, urban, and really there's not much in the way of flood damage as you go.
Then you hit downtown. Oh. So they DID have a flood. There's still damage and detritus evident in the streets along the riverfront.

Cogsrow
2014-05-10, 12:24 AM
-Gregor takes out the paper he had written the address on, no idea if this was the right place or not but was the only lead he had at the moment-

rolling wits, no investigation dots
[roll0]

Cogsrow
2014-05-10, 12:25 AM
I totally forgot how giantip dice work it seems >.>
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Acanous
2014-05-12, 10:17 PM
Your investigative skills turn up little. You find out the Stampede grounds are the normal vampire hangout, but they're also still partly underwater. No idea where they're hanging out in the interm. Still, you'll know where to go once things get back to "Normal" around here, if you can batten down the hatches and secure your own hideout.

Cogsrow
2014-05-12, 10:30 PM
"Gregor shrugs and heads towards the hotel and goes to check in, first things first he needs to figure out who can get him a good hideout while here and if he normal contacts can make...deliveries."

Acanous
2014-05-13, 09:34 PM
the attendant is a young filipino girl with a large birthmark on her right cheek. Her nametag says Hannah.
"Welcome to the Radisson, will you be checking in with us tonight?"
The place is sprawling. They must have gotten the land cheap. There's a spa downstairs and a convention center.

Cogsrow
2014-05-13, 09:53 PM
-He walks up and smiles towering over the woman- no, I should have a room with a king sized bed reserved already, should be under Issaac Drake

Acanous
2014-05-13, 09:57 PM
She checks her computer. "Right, you're in room 407." she taps on the keys a few times. "I just need a piece of ID, and a credit card, then we'll get someone to help you with your bags."

Cogsrow
2014-05-13, 10:05 PM
-Hands her the fake I.D and the credit card and he shakes his head- I can get my own bags

Acanous
2014-05-13, 10:11 PM
"Alright, thanks." She enters it into the system, frowns a bit, then double-checks the cards. "We're having some problems with our system. You're from out of country, and I know they're doing some pretty crazy things down south, but we're going to need a $200 deposit- this card isn't authorizing." She gives you a frustrated-but-apologetic look. "There's an ATM right over there, if you need."

Cogsrow
2014-05-13, 10:23 PM
Oh it's perfectly fine -Takes 200 out of his wallet, and hands it to her with a 10 dollar tip- have a wonderful night -takes his key and bags and heads up to his room, he had work to do-

Acanous
2014-05-13, 10:30 PM
She shrugs, hands you two key-cards in a little paper sleeve. "Have a nice night!"
Something's going on with one of those cards.

So, according to the tourist information channel, sunup is in 4 hours. What would you like to do with your remainder of a night?

Cogsrow
2014-05-13, 10:34 PM
-Gregor plops down on the bed and rubs his face, he then makes sure the window is securely covered to let no light in, he then sits on the bed and opens his laptop. 4 proxy servers later he was contacting a contact to see how hard it would be to get a supply drop out here, damn planes not letting guns onboard anymore. Should of flown private-

My major contact is a black market arms dealer I got out of the country while a soldier of fortune.

Acanous
2014-05-13, 10:50 PM
Your contact lets you know it can be damn hard, or pretty easy. It's all about who you pay off, and how much.
He can do it, of course. But you can expect between about a week and three months. There's always a chance that a straight border agent will ask one too many questions, but it's fairly minimal.

Cogsrow
2014-05-13, 11:22 PM
-he submits an order for an Assault rifle, didn't matter what kind but preferably one that's reliable, so no M-16's. he also needed a pump action shotgun and a double barrel shot gun, 30 dragon breath shotgun rounds. 400 tracer rounds for the assault rifle. A nitro express handgun and 50 shots for that. Lastly a Kevlar vest. He'll pay extra to get it to him in a week-

Acanous
2014-05-14, 10:56 PM
[Righto, roll your Wealth. You get your shinies, but success/failure will impact things.]
Your order is confirmed. "A pleasure doing business with you, as always." Your contact types, over a secure connection. "You starting a new operation? I might be able to funnel interested parties your way."

Cogsrow
2014-05-14, 11:03 PM
-He chuckles as he types- Hmm, perhaps, if you know anyone talented send me their contacts, Never know what you may need. As for right now, just getting that shipment here as fast as possible is all I need.

[roll0]

Cogsrow
2014-05-14, 11:05 PM
I'll remember how the forum dice roller works one day >.>
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

Acanous
2014-05-14, 11:30 PM
(That's bad :p Oh well, fuel for me.)
"Will do. Adios." Your connection is ended after a confirmation on address and billing. You've got a week to wait before you're armed to the teeth. Sadly, you probably can't wait that long before finding something to eat.

Cogsrow
2014-05-14, 11:36 PM
-Gregor gets up rubbing his face and walks out, he then takes out a mechanical pencil once outside of the room, takes out one of the lead rods and a bit of glue and sticks it into the door so it's only barely just visible, this way when opened the lead will break and he would know someone had entered his room. He then heads outside and gets in his rental and starts cruising looking at the clock see how much time he has and for any homeless people to feed on. Failing that someone alone at night-

Acanous
2014-05-15, 08:39 PM
Your pencil trap seems to be working well enough, though how you're going to get in without breaking it yourself is a little sketchy.[roll0] Luck. Oh God.
You go cruising, and while you don't find any homeless people, you do come across a street walker, who looks you up and down.
"Hey love, care for some company?"

Cogsrow
2014-05-17, 09:29 PM
-Gregor smiles at her- Sure, how much?

Acanous
2014-05-20, 08:42 PM
"Two bills. Four if you want more than an hour. Six fifty buys you the evening."
Go ahead and give me an Int+Finance or a Wits+Streetwise if you feel like haggling.