PDA

View Full Version : What feats for a Gray Render?

Dalasio
2014-05-06, 06:38 PM
So, in the backstory of my character he successfully trained a Gray Render (MM 138), and the DM is letting me pick it's feats. It starts with Cleave, Power Attack, Improved Bull Rush, Track. I'm not sure if I should change it, so I want some opinions from you guys!

CyberThread
2014-05-06, 07:23 PM
I would start with color spray, I would hate to just render things in gray.

Dalasio
2014-05-06, 07:50 PM
I would start with color spray, I would hate to just render things in gray.
I'll admit, I laughed a bit.

Metahuman1
2014-05-06, 08:15 PM
That feat from Tome of Battle that gives you a martial manuver of your choosing is kinda tempting. Would be more so if you had more feats though.

Stone Power might be handy if you want to be hard to kill.

Improved Unarmed Strike isn't a bad one as it sets up improved grappel and let'ls you make Iteneratives with that massive STR mod of yours.

DeAnno
2014-05-07, 04:40 AM
With +10 BaB and large size it's kind of wasted using it's natural weapons only. Exotic Weapon Proficiency: Spiked Chain is a good start (full attack will be two spiked chain hits then the bite at -5; the Spiked Chain will be Large doing 2d6 and have 20 foot reach.)

It doesn't have the Dex for a AoO Combat Reflexes build, but you could make it a charger with Power Attack/Improved Bull Rush/Shock Trooper, and still have the odd AoO and the reach for utility. Also, something that big is actually going to get use out of the Bull Rushing part of those feats.

Dalasio
2014-05-07, 06:07 AM
With +10 BaB and large size it's kind of wasted using it's natural weapons only. Exotic Weapon Proficiency: Spiked Chain is a good start (full attack will be two spiked chain hits then the bite at -5; the Spiked Chain will be Large doing 2d6 and have 20 foot reach.)

It doesn't have the Dex for a AoO Combat Reflexes build, but you could make it a charger with Power Attack/Improved Bull Rush/Shock Trooper, and still have the odd AoO and the reach for utility. Also, something that big is actually going to get use out of the Bull Rushing part of those feats.
That sounds like a good idea, thanks!

Dalasio
2014-05-07, 12:21 PM
Any other suggestions?

Fouredged Sword
2014-05-07, 12:32 PM
Again, large and strong, so knockback may be a good idea for a feat. Slapping people around in combat and knocking them out of position is a very useful tactic.

I would probably trade cleave for shocktrooper, and track for knockback.

John Longarrow
2014-05-07, 01:09 PM
Skill Focus(Perform), Skill Focus(Bluff), and Skill Focus(Diplomacy). IIRC, there's a feat that gives you BLUFF and DIPLOMACY as class skills. Max both out. He's introduced to everyone as Mr. Bluffington. With a massive BLUFF check he can convice everyone he's a human that just has a thick accent.

Seriously though, what is your goal with this Grey Render?

Dusk Eclipse
2014-05-07, 01:10 PM
Rapid Strike + INA claws might be fun.

Dalasio
2014-05-07, 01:24 PM
Seriously though, what is your goal with this Grey Render?
I've honestly got no idea, so that's the entire reason that I came here with him.

And yeah, I think that I'll go with a knockback build. Thanks again, guys.

CyberThread
2014-05-07, 02:34 PM
Hmm binding feats so you can have benevalent transportation?

Metahuman1
2014-05-07, 03:01 PM
Leadership to give it it's own cohort! :smallbiggrin:

Actually, that spiked chain idea was wonderful as 20ft reach is good even if you aren't doing AoO's, and more importantly, it let's you get two attacks (3 if you can get haste.) off with 1.5x strength mod and 2-1 power attack in effect, and depending on how you go about it you can swallow a -5 penalty for some bite and claw attacks to add that str mod too on the off chance you roll well on them.