PDA

View Full Version : In Love with a Song in my Heart ( The fey warlock)

CyberThread
2014-05-06, 08:58 PM
So I have fallen in love with the Halfling Whistler, a rather unique warlock prc, that isn't to horrible to get into, and not a sideways loss of abilities.

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/prc/20061121a

So you get:

Average BAB, Full Casting, Strong Ref and Will saves, 6 + tin skills.. and those class abilities..

Speak with animals at will , speak with plants at will , at will message , at will air walk

One per day abilities , pass without trace , (plant growth , control winds , control weather , whirlwind

I knot it isn't a huge powerful option, but I think it is maybe a strong in the flavor for warlocks or dragon fire adepts to chose ?

The Viscount
2014-05-06, 11:43 PM
Perhaps you could use it as a stepping stone on the way to stormlord? There's certainly some thematic overlap.

CyberThread
2014-05-07, 12:12 AM
Perhaps you could use it as a stepping stone on the way to stormlord? There's certainly some thematic overlap.

Maybe for other classes, but I don't think a warlock could get into stormlord,

Chronos
2014-05-07, 08:47 AM
You're going to have a hard time meeting those skill prerequisites as a warlock. It seems like a pretty good PrC if you can qualify for it, though: Full casting, a bunch of skills, and extra SLAs for free.

CyberThread
2014-05-07, 03:32 PM
Hmm dfa could get into it easier

Xander_Phoenix
2014-05-08, 01:13 AM
Ruathar may be of help here.

Phelix-Mu
2014-05-08, 02:46 AM
Ruathar may be of help here.

How perfectly 2e. A halfling hero that is popular with his elf friends. Great precedent for that in the source Tolkien genre literature of a certain sort.

:smalltongue:

It does look pretty awesome, though. I love me a fey warlock concept, and had a really cool whisper gnome warlock/rogue concept that I never got to play much.

Ruethgar
2014-05-08, 07:46 AM
Looks like a perfect fit for a Fey Bard more than a Fey Warlock. Thematically anyway, and matching those prereqs.

Chronos
2014-05-08, 08:04 AM
Druid or ranger could do it pretty easily, too: I don't think either of them gets Perform, but you could cross-class that one. Though it wouldn't be worth as much to either of them. Cleric could do it, too, with the Travel domain and either Animal, Plant, or Knowledge, cross-classing the Handle Animal.

CyberThread
2014-05-08, 08:56 AM
Dip into Bard or factotum, and then educate and finish off with warlock.

Cost one level, but makes it pretty painless.

Zombulian
2014-05-08, 11:26 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FKzBx9WPlg

I always thought it was kinda funny how regular casting PrC's always seem to work better for Warlocks than actual Warlock PrC's do. Getting your full invocation and EB progression as well as all of those awesome spell likes and fluff? Jeez.
I would recommend Ruathar as well, except for the fact that it sort of takes the theme away from Halfling stuff.

Chronos
2014-05-08, 02:46 PM
That's just because there are so many more regular casting PrCs than there are warlock-specific ones, even when you restrict it to ones a warlock can qualify for. The worst casting PrCs are also worse than the warlock-specific ones.

CyberThread
2014-05-08, 02:52 PM
Most of the spells are also very information focused.