PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Which class to pick? [3.5]

Teapot Salty
2014-05-06, 10:28 PM
Hey guys. So I'm torn between two classes to make, wizard or cleric. (Cleric will probobly take destruction domain) So I turn to the playground. Which do you guys think I should pick? Why? It won't be for an optimized game, and no, I have no idea what the setting will be. (I'm blind) Thanks, and as always, go nuts.

VoxRationis
2014-05-06, 10:49 PM
Do you know what the rest of the party is doing? My heart says wizard, since, in the words of Roy, "the idea of being a fetching boy to a powerful outsider never much appealed to me," but really what you need to be doing is working with your party. And while in-combat healing might not be optimal, your party will hate you if they learn that your lack of synergy means they have to sleep for weeks after a single encounter to recoup their hp.

Tessman the 2nd
2014-05-06, 11:42 PM
if your already thinking cleric its a great team player(assuming you spontaneously heal). You sound like you've got some stuff on the cleric already so why not? even if someone else is playing it they are plenty versatile

nedz
2014-05-07, 05:57 AM
Some more information would be useful.

Why are you torn between these two T1 classes ?
What sort of characters do you like playing ?
What is everyone else in the party playing ?
etc.

Ansem
2014-05-07, 06:21 AM
What is the character concept, what do you want to achieve.

Socksy
2014-05-07, 06:40 AM
Go cleric, then an Arcane caster or a warlock or something else you can theurge with. Or possibly a level of Arcane caster and a lot of cleric levels followed by at least two levels of Arcane Archer. Arrows of Magic Circle Against X? Yes please. At higher levels, things like Holy Aura, a Consecrate/Undeath to Death combination with two different arrows, or pretty much any cleric spell which has a long casting time. ("Control Weather takes 10 minutes to cast? Naaaah, I'll just waste an arrow and do it in 6 seconds.")
So I'd go Cleric, and take other classes if someone else plays one too.

Socratov
2014-05-09, 04:26 PM
I'd go for a third option: Bard. When it comes to teamwork they are second to none with IC, DFI, and a slight bit of optimisation. but wait! there is more! How about power, you ask? Well, you will take 8 levels of bard, 2 levels of Virtuoso, 2 levels of Sublime chord and again 8 of Virtuoso and now you are pretty much a Sorcerer who can not only boost his allies to the high heavens, but shape the battlefield to his liking as well. Add some pretty feats to fuel your metamagic with bardic music uses and to switch your concentration for perform (which is awesome in it's own right) and you will be like Bruce *******son: not only a giant rockstar (insert awesome guitar riff), but just about awesome at everything you try. (and who wouldn't want to be a rockstar! (awesome guitar riff) Nobody! That's who!)