PDA

View Full Version : The Infiltrator [Prc}

Arakune
2007-02-11, 08:09 PM
"How do you get here? - said the lord, surprised when he saw the shadow of a man in the door of his office, pointing a crossbow to him. - What happend with my security? And the traps?"

"You really should hire guards more competents, or perhaps, it's me that is too good? And about your traps... -getting closer to the lord revealing a young man, in his early twenties, smiling to him - ... well, they are still there, untouched. Heh, I almost fell bad for the guards trying to figure out what happened when - shotting in the land lord, a quick, clean death - I get out here."

While the Assassin scapes without leaving a trace of his services, except the body of the land lord, the guards are relieved that nothing happened this night. Working for the most hatted land lord in the area, all kinds of adventures and assassins would try to sneak trough then, and as usual, making a lot of mess despice their worthless effort to try to not take attention.

The next day a young man, with a huge scar on his back look trough window of his room, trying to hear the news: someone assassinated the land lord, without leaving a trace.

"Heh, and they wanted to hire a standart rogue or a common assassin..."

Pre-requisites: Hide 8 ranks, Move Silent 8 ranks, Bluff 6 ranks, Open Lock 6 ranks,
Feats: Skill Focus: Move Silently, Weapon Finese OR Weapon Focus OR Point Blank Shot
Aligment: Any
Special: Must take at least 6 months of specific training

Class Skills (and the key ability to use): Open Lock (Dex), Tumble (Dex), Scape Artist (Dex), Bluff (Cha), Decipher script (Int), Diplomacy (Cha), Disguise (Cha), Balance (Dex), Climb (Str), Hide (Dex), Forgery (Int), Move silent (Dex), Intimidation (Cha), Swin (Str), Spot (Wis), Gather Info (Cha), Craft:Any (Int), Operate Mechanism (Dex), Listen (Wis), Prestidigitation (Dex), Search (Wis), Jump (Str), Sense Motive (Wis), Use Rope (Dex), Use Magic Device (Int), Knowledge: Local (Int)

Skill points for level: 6 + int modifier

HD: d6

BAB: +0; +1; +2; +3; +3; +4; +5; +6; +6; +7;

Saves:
Fort, Will: +0; +0; +1; +1; +1; +2; +2; +2; +3; +3
Refl: +2; +3; +3; +4; +4; +5; +6; +6; +7;
Class Characteristcs:
Weapon and Armor Proficiency (1st level): The Infiltrator can are proficient with all simple and martial weapons, including the weapons he already know and the Hand Crossbow. He are proficient with light armor, but not shieds.

Sneak Attack (1st level): The Infiltrator can make a sneak attack (+1d6 damage) as a rogue in the levels 1,3,5,7,9. If the Infiltrator already have any sneak attacks from other class, the effects stach.

Use poison: (1st level)The Infiltrator don't have any risks of poisoning himself when adding poison to his weapon.

Sneaky Movement (1st level): The infiltrator can move with 2/3 of his movement witouth taking any penalities when using hide or move silent skills, and he takes only -3 when he tries to move with his full speed. The infiltrator can run when using these skilss, but he can only move with double of his speed and takes a -12 penality on then. Armor penality apply normaly.

Find Traps (2nd level): The Infiltrator gets a competence bônus of +4 to use the search skill to find a trap. For only this purpose he can use this skill without training.

Blackout (3rd level): The Infiltrator can use a sneak attack to destroy a ligthing source without atracting alarming the security or atracting unwanted attention ("damn, the flame extingued. AGAIN"). You can use this ability only with long range weapon. The DM still can apply that some sources are impossible to extinguish.

Surpass Traps (4th level): The infiltrator gains a +4 competence bonus on any attempt to surpass a trap without triggering it.

Sneak Grappling (5th level): The Infintrator, when using the move silent or hide skill can attempt a grappling attempt without dealing damage and witouth provoking attacks of oportunity. He gains a circunstance bonus of +4 to Bluff, Intimidate, Sense motive and can use freel his sneak attack as a free action. The opponent must make a sucefull will check with DC 10 + infiltrator level + half level of any class with sneak attack + cha modifier or else it wont dare to risk his life (any oponents with immunity of fear are not affected by this special effect and can try to scape the grappling normaly). The ability are only avaliable with light meele weapons (as daggers) or the Hand Crossbow. Opponents immune to critical hits are immune to this special ability too.

Improved Trap Finding (6th level): The infiltrator changes his previous bonuses of +4 to +6.

Improved Trap Surpassing: (8th level): The infiltrator changes his previous bonuses of +4 to +6.

Mimetism (9th level) (Ext): The Infiltrator can hide in plain sight if there' s a shadow in a 3 meters radius, even if there's no real camouflage, altough he can't hide in his own shadow.

Improve Sneaky Movement (10th level): The Infiltrator can move with his full movement while using hide or move silent skills without taking penalities. He can run with double of his speed, but takes a -8 penality. He can use this ability only with ligth or no armor, and he still takes the penalites of armor.
----------------------------------
Comments? Spell (non-magical ones :smallbiggrin:) checkings are also welcome.

Indoril
2007-02-11, 08:47 PM
This seems to mash together the Rogue and Assassin to some extent, and adds some new class abilities more geared towards his job (that is, infiltrating).

Perhaps you should extend it to 20 levels, remove the prereqs and call is a base class?

The Orange Zergling
2007-02-11, 08:59 PM
So far it looks good... although, there are a lot of grammar/spelling issues you may want to fix...

Thomix
2007-02-11, 11:13 PM
I really love this PrC. I'll ask my DM if i can take it next time i play a rogue :smalltongue:

but why 6+int skill rather than 8+int ?

Macrovore
2007-02-12, 01:03 AM
so some people still have a reason to take rogue levels. assasins get 4+int skill points for the exact same reason.

Arakune
2007-02-12, 04:11 PM
I really love this PrC. I'll ask my DM if i can take it next time i play a rogue :smalltongue:

but why 6+int skill rather than 8+int ?

he don't need all that training. just hide, move silent, maybe trumble, bluff and intimidade.

This seems to mash together the Rogue and Assassin to some extent, and adds some new class abilities more geared towards his job (that is, infiltrating).

Perhaps you should extend it to 20 levels, remove the prereqs and call is a base class?

I can, off course, but it's tiresome. And it's a very specialized class, much probaly will solo an entire adventure that requires stealty, and will be praticaly useless in a actual fight. They stab people from behind.

So far it looks good... although, there are a lot of grammar/spelling issues you may want to fix...
I'm working on it. I will start college soon (YAHOOO :smallbiggrin: ) and i will start a decent english course. FOR FREE!