PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Campaign traits of Wrath of the Righteous AP- Demon's Heresy

Kol Korran
2014-05-06, 11:35 PM
Note: The question in this thread require that you have read at least the 3rd part of the Wrath of the Righteous AP, preferably beyond.

I'm running this adventure path for my group, and I'm in the process of reading the Demon's Heresy module, where the campaign traits seem to be... partially resolved?

There are different locations, in which the different campaign have some progression. But some of them at least seem to hint at further development (Exposed to awfulness mentions a demon called Jerribeth, Child of the crusades doesn't find his parents, so they may still be somewhere deeper? Stolen Fury may find more about the origin of the ritual they endured and so on). Other traits' stories seem to come to an end- like Touched by Divinity.

I haven't yet read the full module, so I may be missing things, but for those who have read further in the AP, is there any more dealing with the campaign traits, or is that it? If they are continued, where does it happen in the AP?

If it is the extent of the AP traits, they are so far quite... underwhelming. Did anyone else wrote anything else for these? They seem somewhat disappointing, and simplistic. I'd like to make something more engaging. Thoughts?

Thanks in advance! :smallsmile:

Alleran
2014-05-06, 11:57 PM
As far as I can recall offhand, the third book is where the stories for the traits end (the Riftwarden parents are dead, by the by - Xanthir Vang killed them, I think).

deuxhero
2014-05-07, 12:15 AM
I felt more in the opposite direction when I read the traits. Too "locked in" not just storywise (most previous APs just had reasons a character would live and or work in the area of the AP), but in regards to class.

Kol Korran
2014-05-07, 01:32 AM
As far as I can recall offhand, the third book is where the stories for the traits end (the Riftwarden parents are dead, by the by - Xanthir Vang killed them, I think).
Hmmm... well that will be a bummer. Can anyone else confirm that please?

I felt more in the opposite direction when I read the traits. Too "locked in" not just storywise (most previous APs just had reasons a character would live and or work in the area of the AP), but in regards to class.
I haven't played the other AP. But yeah, these traits sure targeted specific kinds of classes. My group is near the end of the first module, and the Chance Encounter benefit was used once, and the Touched by Divinity about twice. The upgraded traits are quite useful, but overall... a bit underwhelming.

Alleran
2014-05-07, 01:42 AM
The upgraded traits are quite useful, but overall... a bit underwhelming.
Once upgraded, the Archmage and Hierophant traits are the strongest - the Hierophant one is basically a better version of a mythic path ability (Mortal Herald).