PDA

View Full Version : Thinker PrC? [evil character / villain]

zeek0
2014-05-07, 12:19 AM
I am exploring the idea of creating a villain or evil character that uses mind abilities to manipulate the world around him. This could mean that he manipulates fate, probability, or the minds of others.

I've already looked at the Fatespinner PrC, but I was underwhelmed. Do you all have any ideas?

ryu
2014-05-07, 12:24 AM
What level of overall power are you looking for? I could show you Psion 20 paying for use of psychic chirugery to learn literally every spell in the game, while also attaining unlimited powerpoints. I could show you the psionic version of a wizard for a more practical tier one optimization approach. Perhaps just normal evil psion for tier two evil psychic powers? What are you wanting?

Seerow
2014-05-07, 12:34 AM
First thing that comes to mind when you specify manipulating minds of others is Thrallherd.

zeek0
2014-05-07, 12:38 AM
What level of overall power are you looking for? I could show you Psion 20 paying for use of psychic chirugery to learn literally every spell in the game, while also attaining unlimited powerpoints. I could show you the psionic version of a wizard for a more practical tier one optimization approach. Perhaps just normal evil psion for tier two evil psychic powers? What are you wanting?

What I'm really looking for is something disturbing or aberrant. Or, something that uses a really neat trick with the mind in order to manipulate reality (at a base level) to the will.

Thanks!

ryu
2014-05-07, 01:17 AM
What I'm really looking for is something disturbing or aberrant. Or, something that uses a really neat trick with the mind in order to manipulate reality (at a base level) to the will.

Thanks!

Aberrant eh? Have you looked at Illithid Savant? Eat brains become as powerful as you choose.

zeek0
2014-05-07, 12:33 PM
Thanks for the reply, I'll have to investigate it!

Shining Wrath
2014-05-07, 12:41 PM
Cerebramancer?

Red Fel
2014-05-07, 12:48 PM
First thing that comes to mind when you specify manipulating minds of others is Thrallherd.

Seconding Thrallherd. Assuming you take only levels of Psion and Thrallherd, at level 20 you have a manifester level of 18 (10 from Psion, 8 from Thrallherd). That gives you 280 PP/day, 33 powers known, and access to 9th-level powers. You're in an Int-based class, so you're focused on your smarts. And one of those powers is literally named Reality Revision (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/powers/realityRevision.htm). Anything you want to, do it. Want to change the world? There's nothing to it.

Oh, and you'll have minions. Gleeful minions.

Shining Wrath
2014-05-07, 01:04 PM
Seconding Thrallherd. Assuming you take only levels of Psion and Thrallherd, at level 20 you have a manifester level of 18 (10 from Psion, 8 from Thrallherd). That gives you 280 PP/day, 33 powers known, and access to 9th-level powers. You're in an Int-based class, so you're focused on your smarts. And one of those powers is literally named Reality Revision (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/powers/realityRevision.htm). Anything you want to, do it. Want to change the world? There's nothing to it.

Oh, and you'll have minions. Gleeful minions.

Furthermore, if any of your minions are non-happy, you'll know, and can force them to become happy.

Telonius
2014-05-07, 02:30 PM
Furthermore, if any of your minions are non-happy, you'll know, and can force them to become happy.

You're in Ba Sing Se now. Everyone is safe here.

http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130618070152/avatar/images/9/97/Joo_Dee_brainwashing.png

John Longarrow
2014-05-07, 02:36 PM
You're in Ba Sing Se now. Everyone is safe here.

Welcome to Alpha complex. The computer is your friend. The computer wishes you to be happy. If you are not happy, please report to reactor room 17 for duty as reactor shielding.

Red Fel
2014-05-07, 02:48 PM
As Rod Serling would say, It's a good life.