PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Holy Vindicator

Valdras
2014-05-07, 01:16 AM
Holy Vindicator (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/prestige-classes/other-paizo/e-h/holy-vindicator) is a nice class for a cleric or a paladin.

It becomes an awesome class for a Oradin(Oracle/Paladin), that likes to channel, due to this:

"The vindicator’s class level stacks with levels in any other class that grants the channel energy ability." (

So if I'm reading this right, this stacks with both my Paladin (Hospitaler) channel pool, and my Life Oracle pool.

Am I reading that right?

grarrrg
2014-05-07, 01:27 AM
Am I reading that right?

I do not believe Paizo has given an actual answer.
The original intent was that you would only enter with one class that had Channeling, so the intent was that it would only stack with one class.

Ask your DM.

Valdras
2014-05-07, 01:54 AM
DM says yes. So awesome.

Also, grarrrg, your Oradin guide is awesome.

Time to throw in a level of cleric at some point too. lol

Vortenger
2014-05-07, 10:31 AM
Holy Vindicator (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/prestige-classes/other-paizo/e-h/holy-vindicator) is a nice class for a cleric or a paladin.

It becomes an awesome class for a Oradin(Oracle/Paladin), that likes to channel, due to this:

"The vindicator’s class level stacks with levels in any other class that grants the channel energy ability." (

So if I'm reading this right, this stacks with both my Paladin (Hospitaler) channel pool, and my Life Oracle pool.

Am I reading that right?

Based on your highlight, please note that it says any, not every, indicating any 1 choice. Both that and your own assessment are technically valid interpretations.

Yanisa
2014-05-07, 03:02 PM
I do not believe Paizo has given an actual answer.
The original intent was that you would only enter with one class that had Channeling, so the intent was that it would only stack with one class.

Ask your DM.

Holy vindicators are usually clerics or fighter/clerics, though many paladins (or even paladin/clerics) are drawn to this class as well.

Are you sure? :smalltongue:

grarrrg
2014-05-07, 07:31 PM
Are you sure? :smalltongue:

Yes.
Paizo hates multiclassing.
They acknowledge it exists and is possible, but they hate it.
Holy Vindicator does not strictly require multiclassing to qualify for it. Ergo, they were most likely only thinking of 'single class stacking' when they wrote it.

(and even though it says "though many paladins... are drawn to this class as well" I see very minimal actual benefit to qualifying as a single class Paladin, although this is more "Paizo doesn't understand their own game" than anything)