PDA

View Full Version : Random Thought -- Wolverine Build?

RavynsLand
2014-05-07, 05:16 PM
Edit: I've been playing around with it, a bit.

1. Whirling Frenzy Barbarian1
2. Whirling Frenzy Barbarian2
3. Warblade1
4. Totemist1
5. Totemist2
6. Warblade2
7. Bloodclaw Master1
8. Totem Rager1
9. Warblade3
10. Martial Monk1
11. Totem Rager2
12. Bloodclaw Master2
13. Totem Rager3
14. Bloodclaw Master3
15. Totem Rager4
16. Totem Rager5
17. Bloodclaw Master4
18. Warblade4
19. Bloodclaw Master5
20. Warblade5

Most of your essentia will be gobbled up by Sphinx Claws and Cobalt Rage. Get Snap Kick for an extra attack, and since Sphinx Claws specifies that you can use your hands normally, you get an extra set of claw attacks from Shifting, and everything gets full attack bonus and full strength bonus. Amulet of Mighty Fists, even a small one, is nice to round out your secondary attacks and add in some more damage. Semi-pounces and huge durability (Improved Toughness is a must) are focuses here. Focus in maneuvers should be primarily Tiger Claw and Iron Heart. The huge kicker for this is using Stormguard Warrior to make six touch attacks, then six more attacks the next round that all get +30 damage.

The whole "regeneration" thing is a toughie, but Vital Recovery, Iron Heart Surge, and Iron Heart Endurance could sure help with it.

Gildedragon
2014-05-07, 05:31 PM
Thinking Feral Half Troll Dwarf for race

cause things about wolverine we know: short, has ridiculous fast healing

Seerow
2014-05-07, 05:32 PM
Thinking Feral Half Troll Dwarf for race

cause things about wolverine we know: short, has ridiculous fast healing

It's more like Tarrasque level regeneration than fast healing.

Gildedragon
2014-05-07, 05:35 PM
Well yes, but don't think there is a half tarrasque template.
Though not for the lack of trying I am sure. Some mad lord is trying to build an army of tarrasqotaurs somewhere.

Anyway, fast healing 9 is what that gives him, it probably can be boosted further.

NoACWarrior
2014-05-07, 05:38 PM
isn't there something like 1/16th terrasque?

Short of the noted troll mix, theres feral which would fit in pretty good.

RavynsLand
2014-05-07, 05:38 PM
Yeah I had a hard time fitting the regen in there, tried to just focus on a durable, claw-wielding, bloodthirsty maniac with a ton of attacks and some feral abilities (like the scent he gets).

Ravens_cry
2014-05-07, 05:51 PM
A smallish human could take Troll Blooded. It's only Regeneration 1, but it keeps you from dying. Also, if I am reading the feat right, nothing shuts it off. Sure, fire and acid do normal damage, but it says nothing about them shutting off your regeneration. The harder part might be finding a way to keep out of sunlight. An item of darkness, perhaps? A Really BigŠ hat?

Jack_Simth
2014-05-07, 05:55 PM
A smallish human could take Troll Blooded. It's only Regeneration 1, but it keeps you from dying. Also, if I am reading the feat right, nothing shuts it off. Sure, fire and acid do normal damage, but it says nothing about them shutting off your regeneration. The harder part might be finding a way to keep out of sunlight. An item of darkness, perhaps? A Really BigŠ hat?
Under normal circumstances, Regeneration transmutes normal damage to nonlethal. Fire and Acid doing normal damage, in the context of regeneration, means that fire and acid are lethal.

NoACWarrior
2014-05-07, 06:04 PM

Regen simply turns non-vulnerable typed damage from lethal damage to sub dual damage. Any lethal damage sustained from the vulnerable typed damage CANNOT be removed via regeneration. If you really want to make things interesting with regen, you pack the ability to ignore all non-lethal damage, and put high energy resistance (not energy immunity or energy absorption) to get 30 resist in the vulnerable typed damage.

RavynsLand
2014-05-14, 07:47 PM
Bump for a major update to the build after further thought.

Immabozo
2014-05-14, 08:07 PM
You really should have Frenzied berserker in there somewhere. Also, a level of psychic warrior for psycrystal and share pain. This effectively gives you hardness 8, then get some DR on top of that and your regen/fast healing will give you MUCH more milage and feel more wolverine-ish.

Take 50 damage, from 2 attacks. DR 5 takes it down to 40, psicrystal takes 20, but hardness handles 16 damage and it takes 4, then you take 20. Fast healing 9 mentioned above and regeneration 1 mentioned above handles 10 damage.

Now, figure out how to get more fast healing/regen!

War Shaper gets you the ability to grow natural weapons, and a later level gives you fast healing x (dont remember number, but I think it is only 2)

Edit: BUT, war shaper does give a concentration check to heal 10! That will help