PDA

View Full Version : 3rd Ed Using wands as a move action?

malonkey1
2014-05-07, 07:13 PM
This is a question for 3.5 or Pathfinder: Is there a way to use wands as a move action? I need for a thing with a Factotum using Iaijutsu Focus and wand chambers. I can use swift-action attack Maneuvers from ToB, but I'd prefer to be able to make a Standard Action strike so I can save my Swift/Immediate actions for boosts and counters.

Darkweave31
2014-05-07, 07:32 PM
Depending on how you want to use it you could go for a spell storing weapon that you pre-charge with whatever spell you want to hit them with. I'm not aware of anything that'll get you a move action wand though... You could make use of cunning surge to get an extra standard since you're a factotum.

Cloud
2014-05-07, 10:34 PM
This doesn't help too much, unless there are some move action spells I'm missing, but Rules Compendium updated wands and the such to be less than a standard action if the spell is too. Though again swift action spells don't really help if you want to use counters.

If you're a Factotum I think your easiest bet is as suggested above to just cunning surge for an extra standard action.