PDA

View Full Version : Favored Soul Spells for a natural attack build

Yogibear41
2014-05-08, 01:09 AM
Are there any good favored soul spells that would work well with a natural attack based melee build?

NoACWarrior
2014-05-08, 04:02 AM
Are there any good favored soul spells that would work well with a natural attack based melee build?

Do you mean buffing spells? Any that would normally work with any other tanking build.

If you mean abusing the touch effect delivery by natural attacks, then darkfire.

GilesTheCleric
2014-05-08, 04:28 AM
Venomfire is good if you qualify, and there's also girallon's blessing+fuse arms. See my sig for a list of generally good FS spells. Stone fist might be worthwhile, and handfire could be useful, especially in combination with spell flower.

Yogibear41
2014-05-08, 05:26 AM
Darkfire would still be limited to only one of the natural attacks per round would it not? For example I could use it on one claw, but not on a claw, a claw and a bite?

NoACWarrior
2014-05-08, 05:48 AM
Darkfire would still be limited to only one of the natural attacks per round would it not? For example I could use it on one claw, but not on a claw, a claw and a bite?

No - its an iterative attack allowing touch effect spell - just like produce flame.

Vaz
2014-05-08, 05:52 AM
Open Chakra Spells are pretty good if you take Shape Soulmeld - Sphinx Claws as one example.

Divine Power as ever.

If going natural attack based, then have you considered the Bahamut or Tiamat FS substitutes? Gets you claws of needed

Yogibear41
2014-05-08, 06:43 PM
If going natural attack based, then have you considered the Bahamut or Tiamat FS substitutes? Gets you claws of needed

Yes, will already have claws, but they are only 1d4 so this will upgrade them to 1d6 and make them automatically magical which is nice til I can make all of my natural attacks at least +1 with that amulet.

Yogibear41
2014-05-08, 06:44 PM
No - its an iterative attack allowing touch effect spell - just like produce flame.

Well then, if you hold it in your hands you should be able to use it with claws, but not things like bite or tail slaps?