PDA

View Full Version : Moving In (Secret of the Velvet Door)

banthesun
2014-05-08, 03:35 AM
"The note said you'll be sharing a room with other girls, are you sure you're going to be alright, darling?"

"Mum! We've already been over this!"

"Haha, your mum's just worrying about you! That's your parents job, remember!"

"If you do have trouble you can always move back in with us, our new apartment has room."

"Thanks mum. I think I'll be fine."

"Ahaha, my little girl's all grown up already! I'm so proud!"

"Dad! It's not like I'm going overseas! It's just fifteen minutes away from your place."

Her dad only laughed in response, and Kyoko sunk deeper into her seat and peered out the window. The Ueda family car was a small Japanese model, and Kyoko was squeezed in the back seat along with the bags of possessions they were taking to the dorm.

"Oh, is that the place? Here we are!"

Her father quickly found a place to park and hopped out to start uploading the car. Kyoko started pulling out some of the lighter bags, but her father waved her away, offering to do it himself. Kyoko slung her school bag over her shoulder and took a soft toy under her right arm so not as to leave everything to her parents. She was wearing a long sleeve tee with a character print, and she suddenly became aware of how childish she must look with the toy under her arm. There was nothing to be done about it now, though, so she hurried to follow her parents into the dorm. Perhaps no one would be in...

White_Knight
2014-05-08, 02:53 PM
Sam stepped out of the cab, and looked up at his new "home".

"Well, it's not exactly a five star hotel, but I think I can make it work." he said with a smile. He turned around to retrieve the few possessions he had brought with him. Most of his things had fit into a single suitcase. He was grateful for the ease of travel that the single case provided, but was afraid of how it would look to the other students living in the building.

From what he had heard, this dorm was mainly intended for "privileged" or "gifted" students with "special talents", which he had assumed meant rich kids and/or future rocket scientists. Sam was hardly the type that would fit into either category, and wondered how he was assigned to such a dorm in the first place.

And, as if he didn't have enough to worry about, what would happen if the other students discovered his "imaginary friend", as he had been calling it? Hell, forget what the other students would think. If someone found out, he'd probably end up in some medical facility somewhere, with scientists poking through his brain with scalpels.

Sam took a deep breath, and walked up to the door. "Well, I guess there's no use putting it off." he said, as he stepped inside.

A Rainy Knight
2014-05-08, 04:08 PM
Miyuki was taking a breather inside the front door, with a rolling suitcase in hand and a pair of bags slung over her shoulders. Her parents had driven her most of the way, but moving was hard work for a girl who had rarely left home for the past few years. She sighed, set down her suitcase, and took a seat on top of it as she lightened her load for a bit.

"Great. Now what am I going to do...?" she mumbled to herself, glancing nervously around the room. "I'll have to ask someone. Talk to a stranger."

She rubbed at her forehead. She knew that moving into this dorm was a necessary step for her if she was ever going to live a normal life, but that didn't lessen the task of getting used to a new home with other people mulling about.

She looked up, saw a group of people entering the dorm, and quickly looked back at her feet.

banthesun
2014-05-12, 09:11 AM
Hurrying to catch up with her parents, Kyoko barely noticed the boy being dropped off by the taxi. She wasn't expecting him to also be headed for the dorms, and as such almost bumped into him as she reached the door.

"Ah! Sorry! I mustn't have been looking where I was going."

It suddenly struck her that if he was going to the dorms too then he was probably a student too. If they were going to have to live here together then it'd suck for their first meeting to be almost bumping into him and then running away. Kyoko stumbled for something to say.

"Ah, do you live here too?"

Real smooth, Kyoko, real smooth...

-----

Inside, Kyoko's parents were trying to figure out where to take her belongings. Standing in the foyer, Kyoko's dad's eye fell on a shy looking girl standing near the entrance.

"Excuse me, we're Ms Ueda's parents. Do you know where we should put these bags?"

Thankfully for the girl, Kyoko's mother soon intervened

"Dear, the people over their look like they know what's going on," she said, gesturing to a group of older students near the back of the foyer.

White_Knight
2014-05-12, 02:31 PM
As he was about to enter the building, a girl clutching a small toy rushed up behind him. After almost colliding with him, she quickly let out a shy apology. "Oh, no problem. I wasn't really paying much attention. I probably jumped right out in front of you." He gave the girl a quick grin, trying his best to put her at ease.

"Live here? I suppose so. I just transferred here, and this is the address I was given for my dorm. The name's Sam." he said. Then he turned towards the door, and opened it, holding it for his new acquaintance. "After you, Miss...?" he said, trailing off as he realized that she had yet to introduce herself.

Penguinator
2014-05-22, 12:34 PM
Miyuki was taking a breather inside the front door, with a rolling suitcase in hand and a pair of bags slung over her shoulders. Her parents had driven her most of the way, but moving was hard work for a girl who had rarely left home for the past few years. She sighed, set down her suitcase, and took a seat on top of it as she lightened her load for a bit.

"Great. Now what am I going to do...?" she mumbled to herself, glancing nervously around the room. "I'll have to ask someone. Talk to a stranger."

She rubbed at her forehead. She knew that moving into this dorm was a necessary step for her if she was ever going to live a normal life, but that didn't lessen the task of getting used to a new home with other people mulling about.

She looked up, saw a group of people entering the dorm, and quickly looked back at her feet.

Dorian was coming back after training, and noticed that there was a cab and several cars outside. Figuring there must be more new persona users, he looked around to see if anyone needed anything. After opening the door and seeing the girl there, looking downward steadily, he thought perhaps she needed assistance. He looked around to see if there was anyone else, perhaps family or someone she was looking for, and saw no one.

He smiled and extended a hand. "Excuse me, miss. Would you like some assistance?"

Xhosant
2014-05-22, 05:15 PM
Wondering around the grounds, Soga noticed a commotion near the entrance. Turns out quite a new crowd had gathered, and that either meant they were new allies, or unrelated passersby. In the earlier case, he'd better say hi, and in the later people wandering in a persona-friendly zone would spell trouble. Either way, he'd better intervene.

Approaching two fellows near the entrance, a boy and a girl, he tried to get a hint of why they were here.

"Might I help you? Couldn't help but notice you seemed new here."

White_Knight
2014-05-22, 05:35 PM
"Oh, hello. I'm Sam Greene. I was given this address as the dorm I'd be staying at while I attend school here." He stuck out his hand, hoping for a handshake. "I'd assume that our friend here is in the same situation. And your name is... ?"

Xhosant
2014-05-22, 05:42 PM
"Soga. Soga Tareso." replied the boy as he took the handshake."Allow me to take you to the dorms then. We'll check in with the administrators on the way.

Then, with a short yet rather theatrical bow, he continued. "Don't wander off though, rumors have it these dorms are haunted by strange creatures. Then again, if you've been assigned here, you know what's up with that, don't you?" He added a chuckle, friendly and hearty instead of ominous and creepy. He hoped.

With any luck, if the fellows were persona-users, they'd bite the hint. Giving the girl a moment to react, he prepared to head inwards, where he could see Dorian chatting up another newcomer.

White_Knight
2014-05-22, 05:57 PM
If Sam was bothered by the "strange creatures" comment, he certainly didn't show it. With an equally friendly/hopefully-not-ominous smile, he said "Every school has its own stupid rumors. I appreciate the offer, but you can go ahead. I think I'm going to stay here and mingle for a bit." he said.

Sorry, but I can't go with Soga to the dorms, as I'm already moving in them with Dorian in our Social Link. However, we're about to move that discussion to the actual dorm thread, so if you want to help with move-in, we can play that out in that thread. But that's taking place after the last set of missions, while this thread is before them. Uhhh, Continuity makes my head hurt :smallsigh:.

banthesun
2014-05-23, 03:46 AM
"Oh, I'm Kyoko, pleased to meet you," she replied to Sam and gave a quick bow.

Before she could duck inside another boy approached and greeted them. He introduced himself as Soga, and Kyoko made sure to commit his name to memory. His comment about hauntings and his over dramatic bow were a bit creepy, and Kyoko glanced inside at her parents. Was he teasing her because she was new? Regardless, Kyoko introduced hersslf again.

"Ueda Kyoko, pleased to meet you."

She gave another quick bow, and ducked inside the door.

Xhosant
2014-05-23, 03:55 AM
"Pleased to meet you, both., Soga said, even though Kyoko had already left. Let us at least step inside, I believe there's more new people there.

A small itch of worry crept into him as he saw Kyoko's worried reaction, between the danger she may not be a user after all, and that he'd scared her. So, slowly, he stepped in after her.

Penguinator
2014-06-03, 06:38 PM
Dorian stood there, extending his hand, for what seemed like an eternity. Perhaps the girl was hard of hearing.

"EXCUSE ME, MISS?! THOSE BAGS LOOK HEAVY! WOULD YOU LIKE SOME HELP?!"