PDA

View Full Version : Your 5 cents plz ;) pc building

Zephyros
2007-02-12, 08:59 AM
Hullo,

We are about to begin a new campaign with my friends which will be run in a homebrew world, darker & grittier than the usual. I ll be playin the melee guy there and I am gonna be an elf. I am between using Fighter or Warblade, but what really concerns me is using Fey Bloodline Feats. My character has the appropriate backround to back them up but am not sure about their usefullness.

Ah I rolled: 18 18 14 15 14 13 (yep I was luckier then usual :smallbiggrin: )

Thx a lot in advance.

Yuki Akuma
2007-02-12, 09:00 AM
If Warblade is available, don't go Fighter. Warblades have all of the Fighter-specific feats available to them, plus they get maneuvers.

Bears With Lasers
2007-02-12, 09:05 AM
Fey bloodline feats are much more useful for a caster. There are much more useful feats you can take.

OcoM
2007-02-12, 09:15 AM
Like always, when asking for build advice then please, specify the books that you have access to.
Also i don't know much about the "Fey Bloodline" so I can't help you with that.

I think you already have a rough idea of your character, so maybe you could post your general thoughts about it.

Darrin
2007-02-12, 10:13 AM
I am between using Fighter or Warblade, but what really concerns me is using Fey Bloodline Feats.

Warblade, hands down.

Use Grey Elf (or Fire Elf from UA) to boost your INT. Consider Wizard 3/Swashbuckler 3/Warblade 4/Jade Phoenix Mage 10 as an optimal "gish" build (although just going straight Warblade isn't that bad, either). INT bonus on damage.

I'm not sure why you'd even consider Fey Bloodline feats, particularly when you say you don't see an advantage to them. A Warblade build is going to focus on INT, while most Fey abilities and/or Sorcerer dips are going to involve CHA. If you want a CHA-based gish, then Warblade wouldn't be optimal. A Star Elf Crusader or SwordSage might be better.

Zephyros
2007-02-12, 10:16 AM
Well.. All WotC books are allowed except for things that are setting specific.

Well, Bears With Lasers imho Bloodline feats - apart from the bloodline power feat - give to non-full spellcasters something that they couldnt do with their normal class features (which on the other hand caster could do easily -.- )

As for the character, in short:

He is the young scion of a family whose tradition is to act as ambassadors between one Elven nation and the Fey Court. Sometimes diplomats from both sides grow "fond" of each other. My character is a result of such "fondness"

I think I could also use a bloodline from Unearthed Arcana :| Or some template?

Ramza00
2007-02-12, 10:21 AM
Warblade, hands down.

Use Grey Elf (or Fire Elf from UA) to boost your INT. Consider Wizard 3/Swashbuckler 3/Warblade 4/Jade Phoenix Mage 10 as an optimal "gish" build (although just going straight Warblade isn't that bad, either). INT bonus on damage.
11 lvls of Casting over 20 lvls does not a gish make. You are effectively making an arcane paladin with a wizard base. You are diluting yourself too much, pick warblade, wizard, or jpm.

Zephyros
2007-02-12, 10:22 AM
EEeh... The Whole Fey thing is just backround imposed.. I think I ll just end up roleplaying it :| As for the Jade Phoenix Mage build, I dont like it cuz it s open to Desert Wind and Devoted Spirit disciples only, so only devo for Warblade.

Darrin
2007-02-12, 10:53 AM
EEeh... The Whole Fey thing is just backround imposed.. I think I ll just end up roleplaying it :| As for the Jade Phoenix Mage build, I dont like it cuz it s open to Desert Wind and Devoted Spirit disciples only, so only devo for Warblade.

Ah, then I'd go with just straight Warblade or maybe dip into Swash 3 for the INT bonus on damage. Champion of Correllon Laurethian gives you DEX bonus on damage as well. Eternal Blade would work well with your Fey backstory (your Blade Guide could be one of your Fey ancestors).

Example from the Build Compendium (uses half-elf to avoid XP penalty):

http://boards1.wizards.com/showpost.php?p=10899092#post10899092