PDA

View Full Version : by raw what is a psionic class?

CyberThread
2014-05-08, 02:09 PM
If you take monesteic training. What makes a class legally psionic? Could I stack talshatora on a binder because it has psionic vestige?

Gildedragon
2014-05-08, 02:22 PM
Seems, what I gather from the srd a psionic class is one that grants power points
As to a vestige allowing you to qualify: prolly not. AFB but IIRC vestiges's abilities don't allow you to qualify for stuff
But if you did it wouldn't be the most OP thing.

Doc_Maynot
2014-05-08, 02:31 PM
To quote the D&D glossary:
"Class defines a character's predominant talents and general function within an adventuring party. Character class may also refer to a nonplayer character class or a prestige class."

While that suggests that a binder is not a "psionic class" as being psionic isn't it predominant talent or general function, I would let qualify as long as it was the class that allowed you to manifest 1st level powers, which is one of the other requirements for Tashalatora. However, I am 99.99% feats have the rule that if you lose prereqs the feat is effectively off until you meet the prereqs again. So to have the benefits of the feat, you'd need to have that vestige bound.

mabriss lethe
2014-05-08, 03:29 PM
Any class that would grant you the psionic subtype is a psionic class.

The Psionic Subtype
Any creature with psionic powers has the psionic subtype. A psionic creature can be born with the subtype or can gain the subtype during its life.

A creature meeting any one of the following criteria has the psionic subtype:

Creatures with a power point reserve, including characters who have levels in a character class that grants them a power point reserve or creatures who have the Wild Talent feat.
Creatures with psi-like abilities, including characters who have racial psi-like abilities.
Creatures that have spell-like abilities described as “psionics.”

Rubik
2014-05-08, 04:54 PM
Any class that would grant you the psionic subtype is a psionic class.I'd add in the caveat that any class that advances another psionic class's class features would count as well -- see PrCs that advance manifesting as examples.