PDA

View Full Version : The Dimensions of Trunia (IC)

Prince Zahn
2014-05-08, 04:51 PM
The

DIMENSIONSof

TRUNIA!
(OOC Thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?345347-D-amp-D-3-5-The-Dimensions-of-Trunia-(OOC)))
Fluff Version: (Short version/concrete data below)
Late Summer, The sun set over the kingdom as half a moon rose in gentle twilight, the chilly wind whistled from the ocean, where couples kissed, loaners pondered, and the Wisemen meditated, a small fishing boat has left out to sea, but nobody, not even the blind could have missed what happened that day.

Up in the sky, the celestial bodies distorted and shook in a thundering crack. It was understood everywhere that reality was warping around them in unfathomable ways, shapes and forms. Something was about to happen.

No man nor woman nor child in trunia will ever forget how the entire kingdom bounced - How unreal and nauseating it felt when the entire land of Trunia was ripped apart perfectly, borders and all, only fit into a perfectly shaped hole in the ground of a world somewhat similar(yet entirely different) to their own. The world seemed pretty normal too, at first. Though something seemed quite off about it from the very beginning.

Within a few nightmarish days more kingdoms and cultures have been spotted, and the order on this new earth took a new form - physics and logic were undependable in this crudely shaped world - much has been altered, Places and creatures that were never before are patched crudely together to form a strange new map with almost otherworldly contrast, but each area and it's inhabitants rise up to enforce their own way of living.

As for the kingdom - this region was left in a crisis, having been torn away from it's allies and imports and many sent soldiers who may never return again. surprisingly though, there still remains a shred of normality inside the chaos, albeit with some new appearances.
A most notable change in the kingdom was Duchess Tiba's castle near the center of Owlreed. which was shrouded entirely by faint green mist and closed to the public.

A month has past, and many of the citizens of Trunia are starting to readjust to the unusual sights and events occurring around them. Though some changes have proven more troublesome than others.

The cold winds and warm rain from beyond the shore welcomes you fondly after the scorching sands atop frosty mountains on the journey there, but having just crossed the gates into Trunia's meadowlands for one reason or another it's important not to get lost in neither excitement nor calm. Your paths have all crisscrossed at the Trunian borders or on the journey to them and united as a group of...acquaintances, for the lack of a better term. Your personal goals may seem as clear-cut as you make them. That being said - many an opportunity await you in Trunia, but where will you even begin?

Short and sweet:
Okay, so you begin play in this new land for the first time, Trunia, as it was rumored to have been called. As above, you are all standing in the meadowlands. Since the borders are on a tall hill, you can see the more noticeable features in the short horizon - a village east from here, a large, flawlessly half-elliptical canyon lies north-west (further down the meadow), and a round and stout fort stands upon a low-peaked mountain nearby. what shall you do first?

AngryCyc
2014-05-08, 05:00 PM
"ooooh look at that canyon! Killarra says with a jump. "That can't have been natural... We should go see that! Please? Please can we go..?? The fort and village will be there later but oh that canyon could be filled with ANYTHING!" she is positively bouncing with excitement, though it's obvious she thinks the group will much rather head towards some civilization first and that her only chance is if they are humoring her for good spirits.

Shimeran
2014-05-08, 08:15 PM
Kelinguo chuckles, "If anything I'd say the geography will be around longer than the towns. I don't mind checking them out, but I'd like to make sure we're in good standing with the nearest community first, in case we need to retreat there later. Besides, they might either know something about it or want to know something about it themselves."

"Tell you what, let's swing by the fort first. Normally, I'd be more inclined to start at the village, but the fort seems a bit closer to that canyon you're so interested in. We can swing by, listen in on what to prepare for, and possibly restock any supplies we might need for that bout of exploration."

Nevershutup
2014-05-08, 08:29 PM
Joseph fiddles nervously with his staff, obviously still unused to being around people, even if they've been his traveling companions. He mutters under his breath, "Sure. Whatever sounds fun to you."

Vedhin
2014-05-08, 09:58 PM
Thorn rustles slightly at the Nymph's antics. "I think we should go to the fort as well. They are also less likely to be startled by our appearances than villagers."

Yeah, Lime was too much of an eyesore, so Sienna it is. Bold is speech, italic is thoughts.

Also, I just noticed that Killarra has a (Su) breath weapon! Quick, spew acid at Thorn!

I'm half-serious here. It'd make a nice staple attack to have, and it would actually scale.

Prince Zahn
2014-05-09, 05:25 AM
During the quiet rain, just as the Kelinguo said his own, the red sun breaks through a gap in the clouds and a rainbow forms over a small forest in the distance. As you resume casual discussion, the birds are are now flying frightened across the sky, cawing, chirping away as you feel mild earthquake.

this was not something I wanted to put in right off the bat, but Kelinguo kinda asked for it by challenging the perpetuity of nature :smalltongue:
A DC 15 INT Knowledge(The Planes) or K(Nature)check will tell more on it, particularly high results will shed more information than given here.
In Neo-Nature, a rainbow is a creation of the sunlight's interaction this new earth's rain that results in catastrophe - bad things are usually bound to happen to the poor creatures and objects caught at the ends of a rainbow.
The extravagant rainbow, while pretty in appearance, is one of the world's neo-natural mechanisms to "paint" the world with chaos. Many unpredictable and likely harsh things occur at the ends of each of the rainbow's 7 arches.
So, is it agreed you are all going to the fort?

AngryCyc
2014-05-09, 06:57 AM
"YOU SEE?? That rainbow is not a good sign! Something awful is happening at the end of that rainbow right now... We shouldn't tempt nature." she states matter-of-factily.

Prince Zahn
2014-05-09, 03:02 PM
The route to the fort was not as eventful as one might think. Passing through the blue meadows and finding green trees and grass in sight is a relief, however.
On the march towards there, you feel a strange, ominous buzzing echo through your bodies all at once as two, faint and ominous tones (http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ef5WEeV06mg) sound one after the other, only to fade away in moments. By the way, moving back and forth in that spot you felt the sounding will repeat the sensation... And it tickles! once through the sounding zone, things appear basic and familiar - among other things trees have brown bark with normal red ants crawling up the bark; some bushes bare berries, they are sour but fit to eat. Along the road are trees that mark the road on both sides. The trees each have two symbols are painted on each tree - one of them crudely resembles a rising horse with one horn upon it's head, and the other of a judging face with many diagonal twirls protruding from it.
It's not even worthy of a check, either you recognize them or you don't.:smallcool:
Finally you reach the fort. A tall old man awaits smiling by the doorstep. His grin quickly disappears and he screams to the sky as you approach.
"great guardians, why do you forsake me and punish this holy house with more refugees?"

Shimeran
2014-05-09, 05:16 PM
(Before heading out Kelinguo makes a point of pulling out a sheet of parchment and sketching out the location of the rainbow for future reference.)

As they approach the old man, Kelinguo says "Don't know as I'd call us refugees really. I know personally I'm not really fleeing from anything. If anything, I'm more looking for things than running away."

Trying his best at a disarming grin, he continues "In fact, one of the things I specialize in is finding people and places. I actually wanted to swing by to learn about you folks. Of course, if your having a refugee problem, perhaps I could help alleviate that. I imagine if we could find another place that might take them, that could help you out here."

Prince Zahn
2014-05-09, 05:35 PM
No! the man exclaimed. It matters not where you came from, nor who sent you - The people who came to my door are not safe anyplace else... he approached Kelinguo. Eyed each of you swiftly, desperation in his eyes, he pays special notice to Joseph.
"If your truly wish is to aid us, then we will accept it, but you must not let others know about this place."

Nevershutup
2014-05-09, 05:42 PM
Joseph stares at the ground when the mans eyes pass over him, and fiddles with his staff. Joseph whispers, "I will keep the location of this place to myself."

Vedhin
2014-05-09, 05:55 PM
Thorn rustles slightly as he shrugs, a gesture he has picked up on during his time with the quickbloods. "I do not understand why, but I will not tell others of this location."

Prince Zahn
2014-05-09, 06:01 PM
He nodded earnestly."what about your company?" stares at the rest of them. "could they be trusted?"

AngryCyc
2014-05-09, 08:04 PM
"I don't even know how I got here, let alone how I'd get here again if I even wanted to. " Killarra says a bit too honestly.

Shimeran
2014-05-09, 08:33 PM
Kelinguo presses his claws together. "Ah.. so it's misinformation you want then. I certainly won't advertise the place, but if you want to avoid visitors it's probably best to provide a cover story that will drive away interest instead of just claiming nothing is there. I can avoid mentioning the place and if specifically asked about it I can run with the old 'looks abandonned and probably haunted' angle."

Yas392
2014-05-09, 09:14 PM
There is no wonder that gnome was hiding. It's his game. His treant follows suit to his gesturing originating every ten minutes or shorter if their distance are getting too wide. He seen the rainbow and he listened but had not pop out to greet the pink skin, the walking green, the half-breed, the charming dancer and the forest folk. This spot was so perfect and greenish. It's perfect to nestle in because the place was just cozy.

Prince Zahn
2014-05-10, 02:22 AM
The man stood perplexed, yet understanding you did not come for a particular purpose.
"well... I would not go that far, master uhm– Weasel. But I believe I may as well introduce myself." He assumed a dignified posture, for an elderly gentleman he was standing tall at roughly 6-feet-four. "I am reverend Marx, co-keeper of this humble church."
I assume anybody who wanted to say his character's name, and perhaps occupation, has done so already.
"I should be grateful, however, that you offer us aid. And that more importantly that you aren't more goblins. He laughed hoarsely, despair accompanied his laughter as for a brief moment it became grief - clear as day.
"Follow me inside, and I will explain everything."
Do you follow him?

Nevershutup
2014-05-10, 10:38 AM
Joseph nods, and quietly announces who he is to the old man, still uncomfortable with new people.

EDIT: and follows the old man.

Vedhin
2014-05-10, 11:35 AM
Thorn follows Marx inside.

AngryCyc
2014-05-10, 12:31 PM
Killarra is likewise for following. It's not like anyone listens to her brilliant ideas anyway.

Prince Zahn
2014-05-10, 03:15 PM
Right then!
You enter the rundown church and find the place empty with wooden pews, some of them broken or in poor state. Patches of broken tile reveal flourishing flower patches."Ah-ah-ah - don't touch those!"he says. "Unseelie blossoms, they are kind enough to keep the poltergeists away, but father of Pelor they will bite your arm off in a blink!" the stained-glass windows are shining bright, especially through the many damaged cracks in them, two altars facing each other at the front. Reverend Marx sure let this place go, didn't he?
He leads you lot to the dark basement, which locks, opens and locks again without a key. On your way to the second basement floor, the faint echoes of creepy laughing and screaming, metal clanking and objects occasionally striking the walls all intensify as you go further through the hall. The pastor warns you before you see the dining room to watch your step and be watch for things flying your way.
He opens the door, and that's when you see them.

Goblins by the dozens are all running in a frenzy, throwing food at eachother and climbing on the structure's balance beams, wreaking havoc and injuring themselves in ways only goblins possibly can.
"Gwirgu - GWIRGU!" Marx hollers at a goblin present, who turns to him with a thin tail protruding and flailing from his lips, "stick that rat out of your mouth! That portion is big enough for 3 of you runts!" many such familiar cries of an overworked babysitter can be heard from Reverend Marx when the goblin's supper time arrives.
Marx then says something in your direction that is masked by the raging food fight before disappearing into the kitchen.

"MIND THEM FOR A FEW MOMENTS, WILL YOU KINDLY? THEY ONLY LISTEN TO ME WHEN I STAND ON TALL GROUNDS!"

Shimeran
2014-05-10, 04:01 PM
Kelinguo is at a bit of a loss as to what their host expects, so he starts belting out a few lines from an old goblin song. The title roughly translates to "Where's my cricket?" With any luck, it will strike a cord with this group too.

Kazyan
2014-05-10, 04:03 PM
"Why don't I have an army of goblins," Kavllona says to the group. She'd been following them but not really paying attention, too busy picking grass out of her chain shirt up until how. "Wait how do we...never mind." She sighs and then shrugs.

"I guess if they try to hurt me, just kick them away? I don't know how to goblin," she says to herself, complete with gestures at the empty air in front of her.

No vestiges at this time.

Prince Zahn
2014-05-10, 04:28 PM
@Kelinguo:
Roll a babysitting check S'il vous plaît. Unknown DC, add your charisma mod.

AngryCyc
2014-05-10, 04:51 PM
Killarra just laughs quietly to herself at the way this detour had turned out.

Nevershutup
2014-05-11, 07:27 AM
Joseph, missing what Marx was trying to say, just stands there, shying away from anyone or anything that gets to close.

Prince Zahn
2014-05-11, 08:43 AM
*Ominous die rolling of who,what,where when and Why the heck just...*
The goblins and their little goblings are busy at their games. Plates of leftover food are being being thrown around and thrown towards... Well, everywhere. The place is getting a little messy when a loud, high pitched scream breaks through the riot, and everybody freezes to look in the direction of the elevated podium. There, A tall figure stands in a heavy clergy uniform in a shady robe stands and flails his sleeved arms, and mumbles the ancient words of sanctified eldritch gibberish in a most jeering manner.
The goblin crowds laugh is screeching and memorable as the hooded figure dances around before collapsing to the ground into 3 smaller goblings. The act only increased the riot before the roughhousing resumed.

Killara - the dice have spoken, And they smile upon thee!in pity.
From within of the crossfire something is thrown in your direction and strikes your shoulder - it is not painful enough to deal damage but it's kind of hanging to you right now.
a quick inspection will reveal it is mashed cauliflower, oceanberries and rat fur(picked clean). Yum!

I'm still waiting on the roll mentioned above, I ignore the song in the meantime. but want to remind you to do so secretly or in a spoiler. Not that anybody necessarily abstain from reading the spoilers, do they?
QUICK POLL: IF ANY OF MY PLAYERS WHO READ THIS ABSTAIN FROM PEEKING INTO OTHER PEOPLE'S SPOILERS, DO ANNOUNCE SO IN THE OOC THREAD! XD

AngryCyc
2014-05-11, 08:54 AM
Wiping the food off, Killarra says "I think it might be time to go see that canyon now, yes? Yes."

Kazyan
2014-05-11, 11:34 PM
"Hmm? Oh. Okay." Kavllona pivots around on one point. "Too many goblins, anyway."

Prince Zahn
2014-05-11, 11:50 PM
At Kellinguo's initiative he sings a goblin song in a tribal-esque, guttural words combined high-pitched deep sounds, clicks, stomps snarls and what sounds like a frog's croaking?

It is uncanny though, how quickly the riot fell to silence to listen to the Badger-man sing. And once the right interval arrived all the gobbos organized in song and dance - they must have choreographed this song. Or how else would the performance of such feral creatures of deep-seated disturbance synchronize so superbly?
And the chorus plays...
(Assuming anyone understands Goblin, or that somebody could translate:)
":..Find the cricket, down through the Gob
before the bullfrog hungers more.
He could eat a thousand off my feet!
Would one little cricket even matter?
NO!"
At that monent Marx breaks out if the kitchen with a colorful make-shift fish statuette that appears to be made of junk, and would have made for the podium should he not have been...distracted, by the obvious change around him.
As the goblins finished their song they sat quietly to resume eating. Marx's mouth dropped agape as he just stood there.
After a few moments he asks in awe:
"How in the accursed blazes did you do that?"

Prince Zahn
2014-05-12, 08:41 AM
You seem to recall that the exit way out of the basement is two floors up, and was locked upon your entry. Pastor Marx returned and the goblins have been soothed. Do you choose to explore anyway?

Shimeran
2014-05-12, 10:25 AM
Kelingou lets out a half smile as he replies, There was a goblin workshop not far where I used to work. You could get good inks at a decent price if you could get a word in edgewise. I picked up some of their songs from my time around the shop. I can try teaching you a few if you'd like. Some of words are bit tricky if you don't know goblin, but they're usually not sticklers on pronunciation."

Prince Zahn
2014-05-12, 11:09 AM
Oh... well in all honesty I cannot say I want the attention of a goblin workshop. Marx frowns, "As a matter of fact, I would take those gobs away by force, if I was any less of a gentleman. My wife and I toil night and day to hide and shelter these poor creatures from such sweatshops." Marx explains. "Surely you know about Goblinoids, and the slave industry revolving around them?"
this is a prompt-1, if anybody was unsure about it before.

Yas392
2014-05-12, 11:29 PM
There is a ruckus out there that disturbs his nap. His place begin moving to the source of noise. Hueisdat listens to what seems to be a shout. He barely peek his nose out to see what is going on but he had to duck a food thrown at someone and dunk into his spot again. His mind yells in protest as the gnome scrambles back against the wall.Crazy goblins...accursed defilers!

Kazyan
2014-05-13, 05:08 PM
"I haven't heard of slaves around here," Kavllona says, looking over her shoulder. "Why enslave goblins?"

Prince Zahn
2014-05-14, 01:09 AM
Before Reverend Marx could explain, a voice erupted from behind him."Why wouldn't they enslave us? We sell like dirt, work too hard and are replaceable to them!"
"This is our world, not theirs!" another griped.
We were here first! So why are we the universes pets and tools?"
"Calm down, boys - you need not worry about it, since you are all safe here." The Reverend reassured them aloud. his confident voice contained threads of weakness. He was afraid and exhausted from days, perhaps weeks of looking after the little guys. He whispers under his breath.
Marx asks you all to follow him into the hall. A hand upon his forehead expresses his despair. ""I wish I was younger. back in the day, I could form together quite the rebellion I could have saved these goblins, and not prolong the inevitable."

AngryCyc
2014-05-14, 07:59 AM
Killarra looks at the goblin who speaks up. She steps up on top of a chair or something. "You really work that hard..? Hmm..." she says while she considers something very, very carefully. "I'll pay you to accompany me, as a helper of sorts. In exchange, I will help you assist any goblin slaves we find along our journey. The pay is 2 gp a week, and I'll pay you for 5 weeks up front right now. But you must assist with everything I ask. Do you accept this offer? Keep in mind... it will get you out of here and be one less mouth to feed, thus improving the quality of life for everyone else here." she prattles off, half-convincingly.

Nevershutup
2014-05-14, 08:51 AM
"M- Marx, i- is that what you need us to do? To start a slave rebellion?" Joseph nervously eyes the room, once more unconsciously fiddling with his staff.

Knowledge (History) on previous slave rebellions, [roll0]
and Knowledge (Militatry?) on good weapons for small-sized creatures. [roll1]

Shimeran
2014-05-14, 08:41 PM
Kelingou scratches his ear as he follows the father, "I'd heard of enslavement or close to amoung the more savage races, especially the hobs and bugbears. I wasn't aware it had spread quite so well amoung the supposedly civilized races. Where I'm from, their tendency so go all out on jobs was usually seen as enough."

Kazyan
2014-05-14, 10:01 PM
"Ummm....hmm." Kavllona looks like she's having difficulty with the idea. "Slave rebellion.

I don't get it."

She stared at Marx, expecting an explanation.

Prince Zahn
2014-05-15, 03:05 AM
Killarra & Goblin:
"Like 9 hells I would!" The goblin rises from the footstool he sat upon. Ever ranting blindly. "I didn't escape from Dächma with a broken sandal and a toothbrush to be a servant of some bloody foreig-ngna-gyhy-!" the angry goblin was at a loss for words when he realized who he was talking to. It took a moment before a monstrous and primal force awoke from within him.
"Helloo there- tall, green and foxy, what's the drop rate for YOUR secret treasure?" the enamored goblin shakes his thick, ungroomed eyebrows as high as he could stretch them, it is uncanny just how elastic the bald little creep's forehead can be. Looking up at you and approaching ever closer he reveals his yellowed fangs to you coupled with hungry eyes, as well as his silver toothring. Shining bright, albeit stained by the the cauliflower paste he just ate.
Others & Marx:
"What? Who gave you that idea? the reverend was perplexed. "Assuming we had the resources to try and take down the entire organization... Marx fantasized over the glory of a freedom revolt. Moments later he shakes his head sternly.Nay, forget about it. We need more goblinoids and crew, more shelters and more food for the different goblinoids... we simply lack people to aid us. " For those who can read a face, it is clear from the look in his eyes that he truly wishes for something greater than mere assistance.
Marx did not answer you directly. For some reason.

Vedhin
2014-05-15, 08:42 AM
Thorn

"So.. what do you really need, if people are not enough?"

Prince Zahn
2014-05-15, 12:25 PM
"I...I beg your pardon?"

Vedhin
2014-05-15, 12:36 PM
Thorn

"You said you needed shelters and food. You also said you only needed people to aid you. What do you mean?"

Prince Zahn
2014-05-15, 12:53 PM
Marx
"well, we need all of those to- um, assure the goblin's safety for as long as possible."
a voice sounds from above.
"Marx honey? are you down there?"

Nevershutup
2014-05-15, 07:49 PM
Joseph furrows his brow, noticing the indirect nature of Marx's answers. He perks up at the new voice, and looks in its direction.

Kazyan
2014-05-15, 11:30 PM
"Do you have a plan, or what? Because I really don't get what you're trying to say here." Kavllona crossed her little arms over her chest. "Something about needing more stuff for...something...you don't want to do in the first place?"

Prince Zahn
2014-05-16, 12:51 AM
"What?? Of course I wish to protect the goblins! It's just...I..."

The old man jolts up and shouts toward the staircase when he hears the gentle female voice echo. "Yes, my lovely! We´ll be up In a jiff!"

He turns to you fellows, exploiting the opportunity to end an awkward moment. "My wife is waiting for us upstairs." he points his shaking finger towards everyone present, mumbling something under his breath.

“Weren't there five of you here?"
He finally asks."where is the green lady, Killehra, I believe?"
Man, Poor reverend Marx wishes he had a Fox's Cunning, now, don't he?
Last I checked Killarra is still in the dining room, getting hit on by goblins...

AngryCyc
2014-05-16, 03:42 PM
"Well do we have a deal..?" Killarra continues bargaining with the goblin for his services.

Kazyan
2014-05-16, 11:10 PM
"Oh, okay. Is she nice?" Kavllona asks, happily jagged-stepping her way in the direction he pointed.

Prince Zahn
2014-05-17, 04:52 AM
anybody enjoying this or am I the only one? Anything you fellows like or dislike in particular about anything?
Any and all feedback will be appreciated in the OOC thread.that's kinda what it's there for...

Killarra & Goblin:

The goblin smiles slyly at you as others in the room snigger. "I got a better deal for you, boogerpie. There's still some rat hair in the kitchen, we can go there right now and we'll go 'Chasing the ankheg', hmm?"
It's hard to guess what it is he is asking for, but the way he said it is repulsive enough to put pictures in your head.

Marx:
"Oh, she is nice, alright. Good-hearted. Sheltering the refugees and goblins was originally her idea.“
Marx thought for a moment. "Perhaps one of you should summon your friend from the dining room. I don't linger with the goblies when not needed."

Shimeran
2014-05-17, 06:18 PM
Kelinguo nods, "I understand that well enough, they can take some getting used to." So saying, he slips back toward the goblin's room.

On seeing Killarra, he'll say "When you have a moment, the good father has invited us to meet the lady of the house."

Prince Zahn
2014-05-19, 02:48 AM
You see Killarra conversing with the goblins, they don't appear to be taking her seriously.
Do you guys wanna move on or is Killarra deadset on having a goblin thrall?

AngryCyc
2014-05-19, 10:00 AM
"No no, I'm ready to move on. Lets see the rest of this place then and hurry on to that canyon!" she leaves the goblins without a response to them. Her fickleness shines through as she quickly forgets she was even conversing with the goblin, quickly walking away towards the rest of her party.

Kazyan
2014-05-20, 01:13 AM
"I'm done with the goblins, too. Why were we talking to goblins, again?" Kavllona looks up, as if confused.

Prince Zahn
2014-05-20, 08:11 AM
"hey, wait up, lizartmoth - we can work it ou-!"

*SLAM*

[/REJECT]Meanwhile - back at the plot:
You followed Marx as he opened a door down the hall that lead further downstairs to a dark room with a glowing arch way with a large switch next to it. He pulled the switch and cast some kind of enchantment Into the switch as the small forest surrounding the fort appeared on the other side of the arch. he gestured you to pass through.
Once you all exited (Marx included) to the entrance of the church, you enter again, where an attractive young halfling, likely still in the halfling equivalent of teenage, awaited inside.
Welcome home, my darling."
"It's only my home with you here beside me, Dawnshine."They embraced, and exchanged pecks with eachother on the cheek. Before introducing you to her.
"this is my wife, Therese. These are wanderers Kavellona, Killehra, kallingo, Thorn and... a gentleman who is not quite ready to tell me his name yet."
if anyone omitted their names to Marx, then lemme know. Likewise if Joseph would have said his name, then that could be edited as well.
"It's always a pleasure to meet new people!" Therese's smile was giddy and tender. "we could always use some more hands around here to bring supplies and whatnot, won't you stay with us for dinner?"

Shimeran
2014-05-20, 11:30 PM
Kelinguo grins "I rarely say no to a good meal my lady. You husband was just telling us about your other guests and we've been trying to pin down just what kind of assistance we can provided. I doubt they'll be particular interested in my writings."

Nevershutup
2014-05-20, 11:52 PM
"I- it's Joseph." He fiddles with his staff. "I can use my carpentry skills if you like. I- I can pick up most anything quickly."

Prince Zahn
2014-05-21, 05:45 AM
The young woman screams in excitement.He's a carpenter, Marxy! You two could build those rat stables you wanted! Therese says with a large smile on her small face.
"Oh, Well they only just arrived to Trunia, I don't think we should trou-"
"-O nonsense it's no trouble at all for them! we'll find a place for a few more refu...gees... she eyes Thorn a bit oddly.
She frowns, then looks toward her husband.
They swap gazes and facial expressions, hands are being moved about wildly like a silent film with no words. Whatever they are on about, it certainly is entertaining.
"O-on second thought, I don't think we have enough space, or food for everyone and the goblins..." she tries to muster up her reason. "it's just... we have a small problem, which I Haven't noticed before. But it just can't work."
Marx defended politely "Oh please, therese, be reasonable!"
Send them away, Marxy!"
"Honey...!"
Therese yelled angrily as the walls shook to her echoes."I SAID NO! WE HAVE A PROBLEM SO WE CAN'T HOST THESE PEOPLE TOO AND THAT IS THAT!"

The halfling storms out of the room, and Marx is pretty much speechless.
WHAT THE HECK WAS THAT ALL ABOUT???:smalleek:

AngryCyc
2014-05-21, 07:35 AM
"Well then. Always nice not being the scary one in the party for once... Looks like it's definitely time to be moving on then, yes?" Killarra says with an all-to-knowing smirk.

Vedhin
2014-05-21, 08:43 AM
Thorn

"I think it would be best if I left." Thorn says evenly.

Prince Zahn
2014-05-21, 12:14 PM
wait!Marx says abruptly. "It isn't because of you. My wife, bless her soul, is only a little...close-minded towards all the wrong people, and for all the wrong reasons."
Marx stares again at Thorn as he speaks while a tad distracted. He looks in every direction before whispering.
"E-er you see, Therese is somewhat of an Antitrunian who doesn't know she is one. She tends to shun urban and "new age" creatures and things like uhh... kobolds, Gnomes, elves, robots, half-bots, 'the purple elves with the strange accent', half-orcs, gargoyles, the number 8, anything that raises a corpse, death an infants, talk about her age, people who 'like the color of fish', 'men who drink grapes on a whim'..." he continued to count until he ran out of fingers and toes."long story short, something about you must have set her off. But she forgives quite easily just... I have an idea to change her mind."

Kazyan
2014-05-22, 02:21 AM
"Does the idea involve shouting back at her like she was doing? Because we can do that. Are we going to get into a yelling match?" Kavllona says, rubbing her stubby hands together and slyly smiling.

Prince Zahn
2014-05-25, 05:39 AM
"no, but you are close." Marx plays a bit with the hair on his face. "The goblins seem to like you fellows, I'll go talk with Therese, but if you show her how well you take care of the goblins she might change her mind."
Marx's head jerks up towards the staircase, where the master bedroom lies. Something shattered, possibly ceramic, maybe wooden too.
"If you can help, we can get you a place to stay here, and of warm food and...um...Something else, I'm sure."
The mission: take care of the goblins again; overall help out Marx and Therese's church; befriend Therese.
Rewards:whatever they could offer;terms negotiable/unknown.

Do you accept this mission? Y/N

Nevershutup
2014-05-25, 09:29 AM
"I- I would like to help." Joseph says, incredibly nervous at speaking first, but wanting to help.

Shimeran
2014-05-25, 09:31 AM
Kelinguo grunts "Well we had been planning on heading out as some point anyway, as a certain person is eager to explore the geography, but we can certainly help before heading out."

Tapping his cheek bit while he ponders, he follows up with "Perhaps if we can give a focus for their energy, maybe direct them to build or set up something they can entertain themselves with.."

Rolling Knowledge(planes) to recall traditional goblin games that are minimally destructive and might be played in smaller arena. Drop by 1 if Gather Information from previous interactions in the goblin workshop would work better. [roll0]

Prince Zahn
2014-05-25, 09:53 AM
The Reverend scratches his head.Geography...? Well, one of our refugees who stays often on the upper basement is a cartographer, he has been working night and day to map Trunia all over again, usually knows a few things about Trunia's Geography. You could also ask Therese, but I feel she is in no mood just yet”
well since you wish to roll for it... No, its Gather Information or KL. KTP would apply if they came from a far off dimension and/or were unimaginable creatures/phenomena, but Goblins are local to this earth, and possibly a few others. Likewise, Arcana would apply if they were mystic/supernatural creatures, rather than merely otherworldly.

Didn't notice the check modifier for gather, updated the LORE in the OP for ya.

By the bye, I wanna remind you guys we can keep an adventure log if needed, it might make things easier later on, as well as temporarily for our friend Never, in case his hand needs to rest for a long time.

Kazyan
2014-05-27, 10:58 PM
"Perhaps if we can give a focus for their energy, maybe direct them to build or set up something they can entertain themselves with.."

"This is a great idea. Okay, what should we have them build?" And now Kavllona is spinning around on one foot-point. "I know they have ideas, because they're goblins. Aren't they always coming up with things? I don't know a lot about goblins."

Shimeran
2014-05-28, 11:16 AM
Kelinguo tapped his chin. "Unfortunately, my memory of goblin sports is a bit spotty. I do recall they were prone to making up fun with what ever was lying around.."

"I noticed these ones are prone to mess making. Perhaps some kind of open top outdoor arena with a generous patching of mud and cover. Given their joy for food fights, I imagine a mudball arena would work. Given then job left over materials for cover and you've got a makeshift field for mock battles. Putting a shallow pool across the entrance should ensure they clean up a bit before re-entering the compound. Call it a 'moat' to make that intent a bit less obvious."

Prince Zahn
2014-05-28, 11:29 AM
Marx shifted his gaze to various directions: The broken down pews in the center foyer, the leaky roof, the unseelie blossoms growing ungroomed through burst open floor tiles, the basement kitchen that must be beyond filthy...
"If we could have those rat-eaters to stop wrecking our home, I would grab a shovel and toil away in a heartbeat, but I know my lady, and to impress Therese.. we have to show her progress, because believe it or not she actually enjoys having them around the house, but certainly a change is in place..."
Quest accepted. Let's see what you can do with the goblins as a workforce, and how you could ever get the little pests to do anything you ask of them... :smallwink:

Kazyan
2014-05-29, 07:55 PM
"Oh, okay, let me come up with some ideas." Kavllona continued spinning for a few seconds, thinking and smiling.

"...I'm out of ideas."

Prince Zahn
2014-05-30, 03:44 PM
"So that's... our plan, then?" Marx said with second thoughts as various sounds of havoc are heard from marx's bedroom. "Build the greenskins a playground, (uhh...no offense, Killehra,) so we can get working on restoring the building in piece?"
He ponders a bit.
"I suppose that could work, but we would need somebody to supervise over the playground... somebody great and strong to keep the order. Responsible and authoritative, too, who could stand as a... a...Like a Giant to them!"

Quick poll: how are you liking the tone of adventure I set thus far?

I hate it, you're terrible at this.
I see where you're going with this, you're just not executing it right.
It's not that great, but it's not your fault either.
It's okay, but you should try _______(please elaborate)
What do you want from me? You're doing fine!
This is great! I particularly like the part where _______! (please explain)
I love everything you've done so far, keep it up, ALL HAIL THE PLAYER'S DM!

Vedhin
2014-05-30, 08:32 PM
Thorn

"Perhaps Kelinguo would be best."

6. I liked where Therese was actually bothered by Thorn's appearance (what's the point of playing an oddball race if nobody cares?)

AngryCyc
2014-05-30, 08:38 PM
Killarra shrugs at the potential insult, as if she barely even recognized why it would be an insult to here.

3. Def not loving it. Then again I made it very clear what direction I wanted this game to go and it was the majority who wanted to do this little goblin babysitting quest over exploration and adventure. I just didn't really build a character to be sexually harassed by little annoyances...

I bit my tongue in not just starting to attack goblins already so that the other players could have fun with this little thing... But truth be told I'm just along for the ride now until things get more interesting.

Prince Zahn
2014-05-31, 01:49 AM
"It's certainly a... viable, option, given how well they received him earlier." It is certainly obvious by now that something about Kavllona's spinning makes him uneasy."Would you...um... be up for that, Kelingwo?"
First of all thanks for the feedback thus far, It's important for me to gather these notes so I can pick up a direction for you guys.

have you brushed your brambles lately? Maybe it's because vines are too "last season's chic"? :smalltongue: yeah, that must be it :smallwink:I would like to point out, at least regarding my part, that on some level I hoped to see repulsion, since I did, quite intentionally,try to portray the goblins as "little creepazoids". Honestly I more hoped to see the repulsion expressed IC, but I also think it means a little more that you told me in the limited privacy of a spoiler.
I also did want to make the point out that infatuation is possible. and I figured the nymph, who is a being of beauty, seemed like a good place as any to start with that, though I will admit, with these scumbag goblins may not be the smoothest time to implement that, unless you see it in a purely humorous light. For the record your DM approves that it's okay to beat a goblin senseless if he bugs you.:smalltongue:

Though likely it won't be nearly as blunt and repulsive the next time around, people with an intelligence score are going to like you, as they would a normal nymph. I only recommend for you to take it lightly and maybe try and make the most of it.

if you REALLY don't want any creatures at all (even the nice ones) liking you, as in "like-liking" you, and you would rather go through the game without thinking about it. I can respect that too. The whole point is that everybody has a good time, and if I can help with that, Trunia has all the tools I need to turn things around.:smallsmile:.

On a different note, it's pretty big of you to hold onto the crater visit, while these guys want to goblinsit for them. I'll bear that in mind as I continue.
Don't hesitate to speak your mind, okay Cyc? You can PM me or post OOC, it's because I wouldn't have known otherwise, and in the end that would just be suckish on my part...

Shimeran
2014-05-31, 12:50 PM
Kellinguo nods, "Let's see what I can do."

Striding back into the goblin's room, he grabs a mug, takes a deep swallow, and lets out a resounding belch to hopefully get their attention. "Alright you lot!", he bellows in goblin. "You'd doing a fair shake here. I makes me wonder if you've got the guts to see who the best slime slinger around is." Waving his hand, he continues "You've done a number on this place, but if we really want to see who the champs are, we should set up an outright arena, complete with ledges to scamper along and enough mud to make your enemies look like an anthill." Turning to them he follows up with "Come to think of it, I think I see some bright bulbs out there. Maybe you'd like to tell me what you'd put in there, as well as how you'd do it with what we've got lying around here. In fact..". He fishes into his pouch and holds up a coin "I'd be willing to put money on. If you lot can come up with a solid plan within the hour, I'll throw in a prize you myself."

Going with Diplomacy [roll0] to try openning them up, even though it's not really his strong suit. If I can get their interest, I'll use Gather Information [roll1] to try coordinating there effort to get a plan they'll all buy into.

I'm liking the tone an improvisation, though things do seem to going a bit slowly. I'll try to wrap things up here so we can get moving to new locations. If this goes well, I'd like to get enough planning going to keep them busy while we hop out on a scouting run.

Nevershutup
2014-05-31, 06:35 PM
Joseph, looks around a little, and begins to fade off, or trying too, as things are becoming about being social. He'll be paying attention, but unless he's brought into the conversation, he's staying out of it.
Move Silently: [roll0]
7!!!!
Also, is it sad that I just caught the Giant in the Playground pun?

Yas392
2014-05-31, 08:26 PM
Hueisdat is boiling from eavesdropping on the chosen avenue where the party had to stay and help those accursed, man-handled bobble heads while cracking harvested nuts. The sight of the badger folk exits to the next room to command the goblin's obedience intensifies his anger. This leads him to thumping his tiny quarterstaff, evoking natural ambient in the establishment, shaking it to release his pent up emotions.

Loam Raiser

I rate it 5 and particularly 6. I like the drama even if it's slow moving. I think a certain someone can be pretty restless if nothing's happening or going anywhere.

Kazyan
2014-06-01, 12:20 AM
Kavllona just watches Kelinguo do his thing, idly humming to herself. She seems faintly amused.

Prince Zahn
2014-06-01, 11:23 AM
A OMG OMG OMG!! I wanted to wrap up the scene yesterday already, kinda my fault sorry! It was a pretty rough couple of days, and tomorrow Will be harder still... :smallfrown: I'll finish these last few moments and time skip a bit. B@Kelinguo: on other circumstances the roll would be worth something, but since you're literally and figuratively speaking their language, I'll roll with the RP. :smallsmile: C*chuckle* got on the little gnome's nerves, didn't I? :smalltongue: mission accomplished!
I'm considering that as sniping though, unless you clarify otherwise. (-20 Hide), if just from the sudden eerie occurrence.
Hueisdat: [roll0]
Communal spot check*[roll1]
*=adding various spot modifiers
EDIT:D:@Never: for what it's worth, it's not nearly as sad as me actually spending my free time coming up with said Giant in the Playground pun.

The goblins were united under a slacked jaw."Checkitout! The singing weasel's got money!" the goblins howled, clicked and snorted.
Eventually they agreed to get to work. The little guys pushed the tables to the corners, and huddled together into a great igloo-like formation around a single gobling with a fractured monocle. Inside you can just barely see him scribbling on parchment with leftover rat ink they could find in the kitchen.
In roughly [roll2]x10 minutes they handed Kelinguo and Kavllona a full-blown, 7 page schematic of a mud-slinging siege sport translated to "mountain attack" in a similar tongue(with rules similar to capture the flag), the schematic mentioned strategically placed props that should be fast and easy work, a built-in score-keeping method and that all this takes place at a small hill near Marx's back yard. It seems rather complex for a group of runts who can't even make their own beds, but they insist they can handle it.

I'm gonna skip a wee bit. I, to, agree the scene is starting to drag...During the days to come the construction was complete in a very short time, (it really shouldn't take too long to make a mud pit and a few contraptions with over 60 workers determined to make it perfect), the critters were being watched in shifts. Marx spent most of his time with you lot, and he seems to be a bit cynical in his humor, but hasn't mentioned any stigmas you haven't heard before. the other thirty-one refugees gathered with you to renovate the place from within.

@Thorn:
you notice this if you care enough to give it your attention:
Therese makes gestures at you from her balcony, implying how she earnestly she wants to blaze you to cinders with Pelor's Legendary Hedge Clippers of the Moutainfire, and something unclear about demon fungus... That being said, you make of the signs what you will. :smalltongue:Mid-work around the house, Thorn began to glow eerily as the entire ground shook up and slippery, muddy, grade-A soil seemed to pop from the floor. Roughly 25 volunteering goblinoids and 4 refugees fell over on their kiesters.
One of the remaining refugees - a centaur with a missing tail, approached Thorn and stuck his head into the plant's throat (You may roll an opposed strength check if you bite him, it's not very pleasant but definitely brief, bear in mind he is quite strong.)
"Salutations!" he spoke most pompously. "Who are you, little one?"
As a player myself, I know how suckish a wasted RPortunity can be, especially when a DM skips something of actual importance to a player. So let's give a chance for Hueisdat to make his debut

Kazyan
2014-06-02, 11:29 PM
"Someone else get the door..." Kavllona murmured. At the moment, she was half-asleep, napping somewhere nearby--on a couch, sitting in the corner, wherever. The points of her legs stayed in contact with the ground. Grumbling, she turned over to get into a better sleeping position.

Yas392
2014-06-05, 02:09 AM
Huedisdat knew that he's doomed if he ever let that big folk discover his niche. That mess that he created means he would have to find a more suited hiding spot to annoy those gremlins. Such arrogance! Those eyes and that tone! And he's such a *******. So he bashes his stick onto one of his eyes and then sinks his teeth on the fleshy part of his face.

Bite - [roll0]
Attack - [roll1]

Prince Zahn
2014-06-05, 02:56 AM
the intrusive horseman dug his head into the darkness within Thorn's floral intestines, in hopes of drawing the critter out. But suddenly jerked up and kicked up wildly with his front calves. Blood trickles across his face from left eye and both are violently shut.
"AOUW!"The Centaur neighed in agony."MY EYES! HOW THEY SINGE LIKE PELOR'S RUTHLESS SU~AA~UN! he galloped wildly in circles while Marx and the other refugees try to hold him down and treat him.
"I'LL MURDER THAT SALT-SPITTING LITTLE-" any further comment from our dear Centaur friend comes out is incomprehensible neighs and yells.
There's something inside of thorn that just attacked an innocent, if a bit arrogant, refugee, who inspected it. Anybody got ideas on fishing him out? Do you guys even see a need to take out what could be a parasite inside Thorn?

Nevershutup
2014-06-05, 07:50 AM
Joseph, hearing the noise, slowly approaches the spot that the centaur ran screaming from, and peers into the niche, using his darkvision to spot the culprit, ready to fling a Magister's Missile in there if need be.
Spot: [roll0]

Prince Zahn
2014-06-05, 08:50 AM
You spot through your darkvision the head of... a creature, supposedly a small humanoid camouflaged quite impressively (that's an understatement, I mean have you SEEN his Hide modifier!?) wrapped around Thorn's vined innards, but not stuck, mind you. That being said, how thorn could possibly miss this creature wiggling about his floral bowels is beyond comprehension.
Let's not go into AOOs though if we can. What do you guys do?

Prince Zahn
2014-06-10, 04:01 AM
okay, sweeping this under the rug because we had our more than fair chance to get an introduction, that flopped and it'll be assumed hueisdat is too shy to come out and nobody forces him.as the playpen is finished, and Marx and his fellows can, you all pack up your things, as well as a few leftovers Marx cooked up. though Therese refused to come down, Marx assured you fellows that Thorn simply reminded her of...something scary, for sure. Even he doesn't have all the details, but he assures you he will search for a special charm, should you fellows return.
You exit the normality zone and head towards the crater, occasionally bumping into invisible trees until someone brilliantly comes up with the idea to tread a little more cautiously. Eventually though you hear screaming, presumably from a dwarf in immense pain. From between the invisibile pillars you find a big ball of pluff with a beard popping out of it, it is having some troubles fending off multiple strange, whirling blobs that flop like rubber and try to latch onto him. What do you do? If you choose to step in, you may roll initiative and begin a surprise round.

Shimeran
2014-06-11, 07:25 AM
Kelinguo steps up, a javelin springing into his hand in one fluid motion, ready to lance one of the offending blobs.

Initiative [roll0]. Setting up the attack roll: [roll1] for [roll2] damage (attack and damage boosted by point blank shot). If I have a blessing of kindnes stored up from the initial goblin soothing (first sing along was without expectation of reward, if I recall correctly), it should trigger now for a Bless (+1 attack rolls and fear saves).

Nevershutup
2014-06-11, 07:58 AM
Joseph leaps into action, not even questioning the logic of what's going on-- yet. He casts Magister's Missiles at 2 of the blobs, for 1 missile each.

Initiative: [roll0]

Damage 1: [roll1]

Damage 2: [roll2]

Prince Zahn
2014-06-12, 01:10 PM
~~Surprise Round!~~
Kelinguo lunges his spear towards the critters, only to vanish into a rustling nothingness,(presumably an unseen Bush or similar obstruction), should that not have drawn their attention, two of Joseph's swift and painful missiles claim first blood upon the floating creatures, but only mildly invoking their wrath. Finally, as they spot you fellows sgetting in their way, Kavllona leads the unrequested intrusioncharge by rushing towards the blob like figures.
The dwarf-ball tumbles upon his back, supposedly prone; would his layers been any less round he would not have successfully spun back up in the same motion.

[Round-I!]
3 of the blobs that were yet unharmed seem to spin directly towards each of you like saucers. One attempts to latch on to Kavllona, one to Joseph, and last but not least to Kelinguo.
The rest try to get hold of the dwarf-ball.

Where are you in this invisible battlefield are you gonna wish to take part? Either way, if you thought it was easy to hide before...:smalltongue:

Grapple checks(do include opposing grapple... somewhere):
Trgt Roll
Kav[roll0]
Jos[roll1]
Kel[roll2]
Tho[roll3]
Dwb[roll4][roll5][roll6]Some

% for good measure:
[roll7]
[roll8]

Shimeran
2014-06-15, 01:40 AM
Kelinguo responds to with globular assault with furious clawing.

Making 2 claw attack at [roll0] and [roll1] for [roll2] and [roll3] damage.

Yas392
2014-06-15, 02:39 AM
Huedisdat whistles. His dark hazel treant, Greeny responds and rushes to remove the blobs on the dwarf by pummelling it with it's gnarl branches.

Charge Attack - [roll0]
Damage - [roll1]
If 19-20 on attack, Bestow Curse (DC 14)
All allies within range gain SR 12.

Huedisdat alertness peaks. As unnatural, natural or magical as the blobs are they still have to abide the natural laws if met with opposition and they are meeting that opposition of the small forest gnome called Huedisdat. Safe within the vicinity of the one named Thorn, he tries to flush the incoming blob by aiming it with his create water, pressurized hydro shooting from his fingertip in the fashion of a hose using his senses to pick up the timing when one of them attempt to spins to the animated treant then scurries away to hide so that he would not be caught.

Free Action to spot/hear the vibration of the blob, coming to Thorn.
Listen - [roll2]
Spot - [roll3]
Standard action - Create water to hose the blob, trying to latch on Thorn.
Move action - 20 feet then hide [roll4] from the blobs.

Prince Zahn
2014-06-15, 12:13 PM
@Kelinguo: you try to remove this critter from your head as your screams muffle in agony from the electric shocks it delivers. To others who glance at you, it the monster appears very much like a blue octopus, and it's colors shift gradually in rhythm with your pain. To add basalt to injury, it begins a series of bites:
[roll0] OR, if that doesn't work(never.rolled a 1d3 before):
[roll1]

@treant:
Greeny struck the flying invertebrate with it's mighty branch, and threw it on the GROUND- -pummeled it into to the earth. it spasms lightly but is otherwise incapacitated, as the missile, the dwarf and the treant were simply too much for it to handle.
If you still want to check for curses, though redundant:
[roll2] if below 14 then choose yourself a curse.

@Hueisdat:
Ooh, this'll be fun.:smallamused:Though well versed in his knowledge of nature's laws, the courageous gnome blasts gallon upon gallon of water at the airborne sea creature, which connects against all odds with the creature. yet... it rather seems to enjoy it. It enjoys it so much, in fact, that it releases a jolt of electricity that races through the watery bridge towards its origin, and lingers in it's target for long, painful moments after the water's disruption. Dealing [roll3] damage in the process.

So... Who's next? :smalltongue:

Yas392
2014-06-15, 05:37 PM
AH! The gnome squeaks, withdrawing his hand as he exits Thorn. I GOT ELETROCUTED! The zap stings and numbed one of his limb that he has to hop awkwardly to camouflage himself.

Nevershutup
2014-06-15, 06:20 PM
Joseph casts his Flare of Power Magister ability at the Sphere that Hueisdat "decided " (:smalltongue:)to get shocked by.

Ranged Touch Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

Shimeran
2014-06-17, 04:12 PM
Seeing the things beak getting perilously close to his tender flesh, Kelingou grabs at the nearest chunk of monster flesh.

[roll0] to grapple for [roll1] damage.

Prince Zahn
2014-06-21, 11:47 PM
+[roll0] electricity. It's passive.:smallredface: Pi~ka! Our friend the badger seems to struggle with handling the octopus thing.
Okay.... how shall I put this..? It's an incredible feat of luck that our mystery gnome escaped in time.:smalleek:
As Joseph struck the flying sea critter latching onto Thorn with his fiery magic, the octopus seems to change his color - infernal blue, and soon Thorn, too, catches ablaze. Though it would probably hurt greatly he will burn quietly for the next couple of rounds before... sprouting again... in the garden of Eden, if common lore is to be trusted. :smallsigh:
think of my absence over this busy weekend as a moment of silence for our dear, cynically apathetic pal Thorn.

Shimeran
2014-06-22, 10:13 AM
Kelinguo lets out a yowl before snapping and clawing at the thing, foam starting to build in the corners of his mouth.

Using Badgerfolk rage and trying the Damage your Opponent option again, so making an opposed grapple check (an likely failing yet again) for [roll0]. If I recall right, the initial grapple check for these things was +2. On the off chance I finally succeed, that's a whopping [roll1] damage, instead of escaping.

Prince Zahn
2014-07-01, 04:32 AM
Kelinguo tries to claw at the creatures, but can't seem to get his strike right.

Next up should be... Hueisdat, if the initiative is to be trusted. Worth noting we may owe Kavllona a turn if she chooses to act.