PDA

View Full Version : Level 15 build, How to salvage a succubus?

CyberThread
2014-05-08, 07:22 PM
So if doing 15 levels, succbus uses 12 of them, how or what can I do to maximize that last 3 free levels?

Metahuman1
2014-05-08, 07:24 PM
Truth be told, I'ld try to Dip Witch Hunter and Crusaider, and maybe Arcane duelist or Battle Dancer and get as much out of that Cha as possible. Maybe see if I could cheese my way into adding templates to shoot her Cha higher with out loosing levels.

Jeff the Green
2014-05-08, 07:27 PM
Any chance you can use something other than the MM succubus? I'm sure there's a homebrew monster class that would be better for a PC.

CyberThread
2014-05-08, 07:44 PM
Any chance you can use something other than the MM succubus? I'm sure there's a homebrew monster class that would be better for a PC.

I can use other MM1 monster classes, otherwise no. Was sorta thinking blink dog, eating that +2 LA even if co hort status.

Do you think a BRALANI would be a better choice?

Crake
2014-05-08, 08:06 PM
If using RAW, i would suggest to just not play an LA +6 race unless you arent going to be participating in combat at all, and this is like a political intrigue game.

The Viscount
2014-05-08, 08:59 PM
One thing you can do as a succubus is be a spellcaster and take spell drain, then use all that energy drain to fuel your spells. It's a fantastic feat, it's just damn hard to qualify for.

Jack_Simth
2014-05-08, 09:12 PM
So if doing 15 levels, succbus uses 12 of them, how or what can I do to maximize that last 3 free levels?
... ouch. +6 LA is HARSH, even with the various benefits a Succubus brings. Unless it's a very low optimization campaign, I would suggest something else.

Well, you qualify for Ur-Priest with only some feat and skill selections. That'll get you Full Caster status... at level 21, although your caster level will be way behind.

Edit: Oh... Improved Energy Drain (Libris Mortis) is untyped. If you can get a cohort with the Summon Elemental Reserve Feat (Complete Arcane) via Leadership, you can have your minion summon critters for you to eat, and get very high saves, attack bonus, skill checks, and possibly temporary HP.

Fouredged Sword
2014-05-08, 09:15 PM
Take 3 levels of ur-priest, cozy up to a wight, take 6 more levels of ur-priest. There, a salvageable 15th level succubus.

WhamBamSam
2014-05-09, 12:57 AM
I can use other MM1 monster classes, otherwise no. Was sorta thinking blink dog, eating that +2 LA even if co hort status.

Do you think a BRALANI would be a better choice?A Blink Dog 4/LA+2/Cobra Strike Monk 2/Jaunter 4/Telflammar Shadowlord 4/Swordsage 1 is a pretty solid 15th level shadow pouncer build.

White Wyrmling of War isn't bad, as MM1 monster races go. It could do decently well as a sneaky, flurry of death type Swordsage.

Weredog 1/LA+2/Ardent 6/Slayer 6 is probably about as good a caster type build as you're likely to get, maybe some dipping if you want to be a bit gishier. You could probably also swing a lycanthrope Warshaper build.

You could maybe try a level of Battle Dancer and two of Soul Eater or maybe some initiator (so you can use a move action to trigger Slippers of Battledancing and still make effective attacks) if you really want to go Succubus. Or just do what others have said and try to squeeze in as much Cha synergy as possible.

A Bralani isn't really any better at ECL 11 than a Succubus is at ECL 12. You trade mental stats for physical ones, and don't have the one big one or the social capability (which you're going to need, because with 6LA you're effectively made out of tissue paper).

John Longarrow
2014-05-09, 07:55 AM
One level Marshal (CHA to CHA)
One level Warlock (Beguiling Influence)
One level Bard

You start with a +16 to CHA. drop a 14+ in to begin and you've got at least a +10 to CHA.

You have 6 HD of outsider, so you can drop 9 ranks in Diplomacy and grab synergy skills for another +9 easily.

You get +18 from skills, +20 from Charisma, +6 from beguiling influence = +44 to diplomacy before skill focus or stat increases.

Your perform will also ROCK.

So long as this isn't a combat-centric game you'll have a blast being the most in demand performer around!

nedz
2014-05-09, 11:20 AM
One level Marshal (CHA to CHA)
One level Beguiler (Beguiling Influence)
One level Bard

Don't you mean Warlock ?

Anyway, why not angle towards one of the Fiend PrCs ? Fiend of Corruption seems obvious, though Fiend of Possession is a classic.

Deaxsa
2014-05-09, 11:58 AM
Can you retrain RHD?

John Longarrow
2014-05-09, 12:30 PM
nedz, yea. I'll go fix that.