PDA

View Full Version : The Archipelago [IC]

Loki_42
2014-05-08, 09:32 PM
It is midday on the good ship Mermaid's Envy, with miles of sea on every side. Wherever the ship was sailing, its currently stopped, or at least going much slower, as the winds are being seriously antagonistic.

Curiously, another ship is sailing close by, and has been ever since the Mermaid's Envy last left port, though it has been growing steadily more close over the last few hours. It is a sleek, smaller ship. If the writing on its side is any indication, the ship goes by The Silver Sting, a name it earns by flying striking silver on black flags, and having a long, sharp metal bowsprit poking dangerously from its front.

The crew of the Mermaid's Envy, normally calm and professional, is currently in disarray, because The Silver Sting has just opened fire.

A cannonball is currently flying straight towards one of you, who is it?

One of you has already boarded The Silver Sting and is currently battling two sailors on its deck, who are you?

Three of the sailors are manning the cannons on The Silver Sting, and three more have set down a plank of their own, which they are using to board the Mermaid's Envy. One more has already climbed aboard.

Everyone else, where are you? And most importantly, for everyone, what do you do?

PhoenixRise
2014-05-08, 09:49 PM
Zilch was below the deck when the Silver Sting fired the first shot. Still uneasy being in the sea, he spends most of his time feeling slightly queasy, and wants to rest. Upon the comotion, Zilch rushes onto the deck, just as a crew member of of the Silver Sting who boarded the Mermaid's Envy passed by the door.

Who the blasted heck are you!?!?

Brodencrantz
2014-05-08, 10:48 PM
Time almost slows as Armon sees the lit fuse and the dark iron cannon pointed right at him. He crouches down behind the (hopefully) sturdy wooden rail in front of him and tosses a silver coin to Leviathan.

"I pray ye, oh lord of the deep, let it not be thy servant's time."

As the shrapnel strikes into his armored back, Armon is thankful that Leviathan is still on friendly terms, for the moment.

Defy danger to shrug off the shrapnel wound?

[roll0]

trajet
2014-05-09, 12:43 AM
Fenfaril has been keeping his eyes on the smaller boat since it first appeared and he decides to go for an inquisitive swim to learn more about those sailing on the vessel. After cannon fire Fenfaril climbs aboard the boat and is now faced with two mean looking crewmen.

"Stop this nonsense at once, you fools! I shall warn you only once."

Elbeyon
2014-05-09, 02:52 PM
Standing in front of where the blank drops Feli cracks her knuckles trying to be imposing. "Haha! I'm not as nice as my friend. I don't give warnings to people that attack me." Her eye pops, larger than it ever should as it nearly doubles in size with the other following suite, her fingers start to deform as they shrivel toward her palms, and a large bulbous spike slashes through her forehead as she screams. Bending down on all fours her cloths start to disappear and are replaced with a tough hide scarred with years of whipping, soon nothing remains of her human form as her elven heritage brings out the jungle rhino, sumatran rhinoceros (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sumatran_rhinoceros), in her. [roll0] Throwing caution to the wind she starts to charge down their would be boarders. (assuming rhinos get charge... I'll spend a hold immediately.)

OoC: I've never played dungeon world so I'm not too familiar with the rules. If I make a mistake please correct me, preferably politely.

Edit: Well it didn't take me long to make a mistake. Sixteen wisdom gives plus two in this game. My total result was thirteen not fourteen. Not that it matters this time.

Alroy_Kamenwati
2014-05-09, 07:42 PM
Fighting against the gales Serrano tugged hard on the wheel, hoping to at least get some compliance out of his old ship, trying hard to move out of the way of incoming cannonballs and to move his ship far enough out of the way to avoid boarding. Defy Danger w/ Control (done in OOC, because I did the brackets wrong). "Brace yerselves for a quick turn! Feli, hop now!"

Loki_42
2014-05-09, 09:03 PM
Thanks in no small part to divine favor, the cannonball shatters into mostly manageable shrapnel by the time it gets near Armon. For the moment its calm, but already more cannonballs are being dragged out onto deck.

Reacting to the sound of Zilch's question, the boarded sailor turns around just in time to see Feli transform into the mighty beast. "Holy-" Before the sailor can complete his exclamation, the Mermaid's Envy jerks around wildly, putting him off balance right in front of Zilch!

Underneath Feli, in the chaos of the melee, the plank begins to shift. Just as one sailor slips and falls into the drink below, another rushes back onto the deck of The Silver Sting. This leaves Feli and the poor crewman she just gored on the quickly falling bridge.

As the Mermaid's Envy pulls sharply away, leaving The Silver Sting isolated again, the two sailors turn to Fenfaril. One glances at Mermaid's Envy, then back to Fenfaril, and says, while drawing a curved sabre, "You're warnin' us Elf? You and what army?". One of the two then swings in sharp, right towards Fenfaril!

What do you do?

Tree Ant
2014-05-09, 09:20 PM
After hearing the cannon blast Valeria comes rushing onto the deck sword in hand. She sees Feli on the quickly falling plank, lets her sword drop to the deck as she grips the railing with her left hand and reaches out to Feli with her right.

trajet
2014-05-09, 10:35 PM
Fenfaril notices the Mermaid's Envy veer away from the SS, but has little time to concern himself with the implications. As the sailor swings the blade at him, Fen does his best to jump out of the way, while calling upon his familiar.

"Loc, I might need you! "

[roll0]

Elbeyon
2014-05-10, 12:34 AM
Half way through her goring [roll0] charge the fine controlling of the Mermaid's Envy starts to cause the boats to separate again, leaving Feli letting out a bestial roar as the waters below beckon to her. Move with surprising agility the 1000 kg rhino smashes its feet against the plank underneath using all of it's strength to try to snap the thing in half while she jumps overhead and aboard the enemy ship [roll1].

At Fenfaril's behest Loc's head pops out of the water. Unnaturally rising straight up from below until it appears he's standing on solid water and quickly moving towards the stalling ship. At the aft his seemingly magical movement becomes rooted in reality as a tentacle slaps the Silver Sting's bottom and pulls out the dread pirate ship Ruperts. Homunculus riding atop the sideways octopus as they climb the sheer wall.

Loki_42
2014-05-11, 09:41 PM
Valeria reaches out to nothing as the 1600 pound rhino leaps gracefully through the air onto the deck of The Silver Sting. Feli shakes off the corpse of the sailor and lifts up her foot to snap in half the quickly falling beam, separating the two ships entirely. The pirate behind her whips around and lifts his sword up high, preparing for a strike.

Fenfaril dodges out of the way, but as The Silver Sting adjusts its course to get a good bead on the Mermaid's Envy, he stumbles and slips over the edge of the railing, barely holding on for dear life, just as Loc gets aboard the ship, ferried by Ruperts.

The crewman at Zilch's feet scrambles away before lifting to his feet, sword at the ready.

The pirate in the water swims up to the Mermaid's Envy, gripping onto the wood, and begins climbing up to the deck.

In the brief moment of calm while uninvolved in the battle, Serrano and Armon hear the boom of The Silver Sting's cannons, and a ball begins to fly right towards the Mermaid's Envy.

What do you do?

trajet
2014-05-12, 01:30 AM
Fenfaril falls into the water below, but upon surfacing he sees an opportunity to make up for his error. The canons are nearby and he will try to destroy those, but first he reacts to the cannonball on its way to the Mermaid's Envy. "Templa pilini'!"

[roll0]

Arcane power rocks through Fen's body and ancient, almost alien, sigils erupt from his palm and strike the cannonball.

Elbeyon
2014-05-12, 05:15 AM
Hoof meeting sword, without turning around, Feli's horn becomes visible to the pirate behind her as her head turns to the side to see. Eyes on him, she attempts to shift away from oncoming swords path while preforming a kick to his lowered head, hack and slash [roll0] & Damage [roll1]. A blow to his body or a nimble dodge gives Feli the room she needs either way. She builds up momentum in a sprint across the deck as she gauges with horns the ship's anchor reel and anything in her way [roll2]. Her form spent her massive size starts to fold in on itself as she spins her back to the reel, flesh squeezing and popping away. A small elf is revealed with her staff in a hand. She takes up pose where her charge ended, intent on finishing any deed left undone, while giving a handed whistle to Sir Ruperts then a point. Trying to signal to him to go help their ocean bound friend.

Brodencrantz
2014-05-12, 09:47 PM
"Oh great lord, I make to you this offering of one who would pillage on your vast seas."

Armon slips his warhammer from his belt and raises it high above his head, awaiting the climbing pirate. His voice rises as he chants a prayer to leviathan

"May his blood feed thy servants and his bones be ground into the sand that they rest upon."

Just as the pirate's head appears over the railing, he swings the heavy driftwood and stone hammer in a wide arc that culminates in a spot just on the other side of the scallywag's head. [roll0] His voice roars out and grows hoarse like the stormwinds ripping through a ship's rigging.

"Forgive him for the crimes he has committed against thy children and accept his sacrifice as penance!"

The wave-smoothed sea stone lands home and the pirate moans in anguish. [roll1]

Armon curses angrily as the pirate ducks the blow that should have been an offering to Leviathan.

Alroy_Kamenwati
2014-05-12, 10:22 PM
So the other boat wanted to play did it? He'd show it what happens when you mess with Serrano Redd, the most deadly and feared pirate on these seas! "Ready the cannons! Aim for their sails! Fire grape shot to riddle them with holes and then begin firing what chain shot we have left. TO IT MEN! These men are inclined to kill us! Have they not heard of you? Of me? Of our bravery and skill in combat? Show them what it means to mess with Captain Redd's crew!" Serrano shouted below to his men. He hopped down and began loading the nearest cannon he began to lead this particular set of men and showed the others that he was also not afraid, and if he wasn't that they shouldn't be. Aiming he shot a Volley at the enemy [roll0] for 1 stress.

Loki_42
2014-05-12, 10:40 PM
Fenfaril's magic flows forth, striking the cannonball out of the air, causing it to land in the water below. However, his strange magics illuminate something swimming beneath the surface. Soon, a fin crests, and a shark leaps out of the water directly at the hapless mage.

Though the pirate's armor protects it from the worst of the rhino's blows, Feli still makes it across to the anchor reel, smashing it as it starts to come down. The three sailors who are uninvolved with any cannons approach her with swords drawn, grinning now that they only have to deal with an elf. Rupert drops Loc off on board the deck, and begins to scurry back down to join Fenfaril in the water.

After dodging the swing of Armon's hammer, the pirate grabs onto the cleric, lifting him over the edge of the railing and tossing him into the sea below. The sailor then climbs up and takes Armon's place on deck, drawing his water-logged sword.

A barrage of cannon fire lands onto The Silver Sting, shaking the ship. Suddenly, a hatch on its floor opens up, and out steps a tall, collected looking woman with raven black hair flowing out of a jauntily perched tricorn hat. "Oh, we've certainly heard of you, Red. That's why we're going to stop you before you ruin our plans!" She then pulls out an aged flintlock, aims it carefully, and fires a round heading directly toward Serrano.

Clearly Serrano knows this woman, and might even know part of why she's so pissed off at him. Tell me about her.

Also, what do you do?

Alroy_Kamenwati
2014-05-12, 11:01 PM
Of course it had to be Jacelyn, the woman who once loved him and who he betrayed for a bag of gold and a pardon. She was a fellow pirate and they had worked together on capturing a few merchant ships and their crews often intermingled at parties. she was irrational, violent, and worst of all had no sense. Only she would dare attack him in this manner. "Jace, of course its you!" Serrano shouted as he tried to duck behind the cover of the railing. It wasn't very good cover, but it'd work. [roll0] "Keep reloading!" He shouted to his men as he took the blow, it was a lucky shot he knew and he was unlucky enough to be unable to dodge it. "Gods be damned Jace! What do you want?"

PhoenixRise
2014-05-12, 11:46 PM
Zilch, clearly confused as to what was whizzing around him, and unfamiliar to such situations, stood shell shocked for a slight moment. However, he snaps himself out of his stupor, in time to see this beautiful burning lady, coming out from the other ship, clearly infuriated. However, just as he turns away to look, the sailor, clearly meaning harm to Zilch, prepares to swing at him.

Seeing that, Zlich quickly hops backwards, attempting to slam close the door which he just came out of.

[roll0] (Defy Danger: Dex?)

trajet
2014-05-13, 12:57 AM
Fenfaril grimaces at first sight of the shark, considering the seal skin robes he was wearing, and a quick incantation bursts forth. "Amin Quella"

[roll0]

A blinking eye wouldn't catch it but Fenfaril's form simply vanishes below the surface of the water. Not that this was more than a temporary solution. He slowly drifts towards Rupert, keeping careful to not disturb the water.

Elbeyon
2014-05-13, 05:07 AM
Shouting back to her captain while she can, she asks in humorous tone, "Ah. You know this one, Redd? What'd you do piss in her booze before we left port?"

Grinning back at the pirates as she grips her weapon proper, she yells at em. "You wouldn't have those ugly, smug faces if you knew my name. I am Feliana! Captain of the dread pirate ship Ruperts and proud first mate of Mermaid's Envy! My captain wouldn't pick a weakling for a first mate." Sliding her hand down to the base of the staff she defies the danger of the approaching men by swinging her staff in a huge, forward facing arc to push them back [roll0]. Her swing ends and her staff starts to flail about as it goes limp, Feli's hands merging into the wooden object as eyes slide to the surface of her palms, and her fingers start to web and grow into large skinned, circular objects. Another set of arms inflate out of her shoulders as her primary ones start to twist together. Ivory tusks jet from her head forming out of hands. Calling upon her elven heritage the shapeshifter begins to take the form of a rainforest elephant, sumatran elephant (http://a-z-animals.com/animals/sumatran-elephant/) [roll1].

Loki_42
2014-05-13, 08:06 PM
The bullet from Jace's gun smacks straight into Serrano's armor. [roll0]. "I want you out of the picture, Red!"

Zilch scrambles away the sword, but its wielder remains hot on his trail, pushing Zilch out of the way of the door he tries so desperately to close.

The shark, confused, begins swimming toward the audible splash of Armon's entry into the water. Fenfaril reaches Ruperts, who also seems to be confused as to the whereabouts of the invisible wizard.

As the pirates close in on Feliana, Jacelyn shouts toward them. "Don't all of you worry about her, cut the rope! That anchor is going to strand us out here!" As the three sailors rush away, Jace turns and points here flintlock toward the transforming druid, reloading and preparing for another shot.

What do you do?

Tree Ant
2014-05-13, 08:44 PM
Valeria sees the woman climb up onto the ship. She doesn't know why, but the ship, the uniforms, everything about the attackers seem familiar and fills her with rage. Her face wrinkles as her scowl deepens, her once soft features tighten into hardened leather. In her rage she forgets her companion being tossed overboard. She picks up her sword and charges Jacelyn attempting to decapitate her. Hack-and-slash [roll0].

Tree Ant
2014-05-13, 08:47 PM
She unleashes a relentless all-out attack at the foe. [roll0]+[roll1]

Brodencrantz
2014-05-13, 09:24 PM
Armon screams as he is thrown into the roiling water and plunges under for a moment or two. A knotted hand keeps a strong hold on his driftwood hammer and when he emerges from the waves, the cleric begins swimming towards the boat that swept down on the Mermaid.

Upon noticing the shark, and specifically the shark heading his way, Armon pushes himself harder in an attempt to make it to the ship and start climbing its wooden side.

"Please, lord Leviathan. I am thy servant and have no desire to be eaten by this predator. Send him elsewhere to feed on the sacrifices this night is gifting you with."

As he prays for guidance and protection, he feels his free fingers scrape tarred wood and lets out a sigh of relief.

This could be str/con to defy danger by swimming. Maybe wisdom if my deity is actually sending help and turning the shark away? I'll let you call the modifier.
[roll0]

Elbeyon
2014-05-14, 08:31 AM
Half elf, half elephant the unholy looking aberration half steps, half stomps to interrupt the fleeing men. Attempting to defy the danger of Jace's subsequent shot she rushes to a position that puts the three men between the two women [roll0]. Forming a human wall while bits of human and elephant defend the sliding rope from a quick bisection [roll1].

OoC: Feli is completely out of touch with Ruperts. Feel free to use him as your own.

Loki_42
2014-05-14, 09:50 PM
Jacelyn readies her gun, preparing to fire off a shot, when a longsword, thrown by Valeria, pierces right through her gut. She drops the weapon she's holding and coughs, blood spattering on the deck. She falls to her knees, and then falls further, her lifeless body hitting the deck of The Silver Sting with an audible thud. Her crew stands stunned for a moment, before the pirate who just boarded shouts, "She killed Jace! Get her!" He grips his cutlass, and charges the now disarmed paladin.

Armon feels relief when his fingers scratch into the wood of The Silver Sting. That relief vanishes just as quickly when he feels the strong jaws of a shark sink into his flesh. [roll0] 2 Piercing. The shark, still gripping Armon's lower half, begins to descend, dragging the hapless cleric with him. He can almost perceive a silence from his god, as if the Leviathan is engaging with struggles of its own right now.

As Jace hits the floor, the crew surrounding the falling anchor are too stunned to cut the rope. As Feli moves near them, however, one turns, and with anger on his face, slashes at Feli. [roll1]

Brodencrantz
2014-05-14, 11:29 PM
A sharp gasp keeps breath in Armon's lungs as he finds himself pulled down to greet his god. Luckily, he was always a strong swimmer and could hold his breath long enough to extract himself. At the blank darkness, Armon closes his eyes and steels himself.

Think of thyself, leviathan. I shall show myself worthy of thy trust.

The bulky priest twists and stretches in the shark's bite, trying to rip himself free even if it means allowing the beast to keep a chunk of his muscle.

Someday I will rejoin the deep. Today is not that day.

Alroy_Kamenwati
2014-05-15, 06:17 PM
Serrano looked at the paladin with a moment's hesitation, he watched as she flung the sword and hit the woman he had once worked with right in the gut. "They've lost their captain! Fire the cannons! Aim at as many crewmen as you can manage! Serrano aimed his sword at the opposing boat, facing down the barrels of the opposing cannons with commanding bravery. "Ready." He paused for a moment, knowing that Feli was on the other ship, he didn't know where the priest was, and he had lost where the wizard was. However he couldn't risk the boarding any further. He had himself and his daughters to worry about. "Aim." His face tensed with preparation, with a bit of worry, before finishing his command to his gunners. "Fire!" Captain Redd commanded the crew watching the Volley fly towards the crew. [roll0] for [roll1]

Elbeyon
2014-05-15, 07:57 PM
A painful gash on her leg, cannon fire landing all around her, Feli figures its about time to get off this sinking boat. Rearing up she lets out a tusked roar and ends with a crash as her feet stomp the ground. The cannon baring deck aches as she tramples the small in her path towards her home, ramming those that refuse to get out of the way [roll0]. Passing the mast she figures she'll leave a parting gift for the welcoming folks that hosted this little get together. Still charging, she lowers her head for a good ramming as she brings her tonnage to bear on a manned cannon. Pushing with great strength her charge never stops as iron, men, and herself past the broken railing on the way down towards the ocean. Except Feli has places to be and one of them isn't in the ocean, at least not right now. Her massive body folding in on itself in an instance the lithe elf appears to be ridding atop the cannon before she defies the danger of falling into the ocean and jumps toward Mermaid's Envy [roll1]. Blood oozing out of her forearm, as pain escapes her breath, when the rather physical transformation throws her wound around her body as it stretches, bends, and contorts to her human form.

Loki_42
2014-05-15, 08:50 PM
With a great push, Armon drags himself out of the shark's mouth, the beast's teeth leaving a lasting wound bleeding fresh into the ocean.[roll0] 2 piercing. Armon pushes himself away from the shark, but now that his blood is spilt, there can be no time for rest.

The Mermaid's Envy unleashes a volley of its own cannons, the grapeshot landing on the crew in front of Feli. The blast doesn't kill any of the sailors, but all three cry out in pain, and begin running for cover.

Pushing one of the sailors out of the way, Feli rams into one of the ship's cannons, pushing it and the pirate operating it over the edge. She leaps back onto the deck of the Mermaid's Envy, leaving The Silver Sting free for a moment. Seeing his chance, one of the pirates charges the anchor and begins hacking away at the rope. The two remaining cannons on The Silver Sting also prepare to fire another barrage at the Mermaid's Envy.

A cannon and a pirate crash into the water where Armon was just moments below. In a blood frenzy, the shark latches onto the new prey, and the sailor begins screaming to the gods to save him.

What do you do?

Brodencrantz
2014-05-15, 09:27 PM
"By leviathan's bellow, someone throw me a bloody rope!"

Armon struggles against the waves and makes another effort to drag himself up their ship, this time using stone head of his hammer to stave in the planks and make himself handholds.

"Great master of the deeps, grant me the strength to survive this trial. Take those predators who've been offered by this battle as tribute and use them to empower thy own guardians."

His voice booms, a sentence with each blow of his warhammer as he slowly makes progress.

trajet
2014-05-16, 02:02 AM
Fenfaril speaks to Ruperts as the battle escalates. "We must save Armon. Quickly, Feliana is doing fine on her own." Half way from the ship he calls out. "Loc, get back to me!" The wizard keeps hold of Ruperts as they speed toward the wounded holy man.

Elbeyon
2014-05-16, 08:31 AM
@trajet Its Ruperts not Rupert. His name ends with a s. I'll make sure to award Ruperts with the title of lifeboat after battle. (Don't forget to use his ability to climb sheer walls!)

Woah, my last post was rough. So many errors. I didn't want to slow things down though.
Slamming into the side of the ship the wind in her gut is knocked out of her as she holds tight, half hanging off, the railing. The calls for a rope entice her, but hanging off the ship gives her a good view of the charging Fenfaril and she promptly dismisses the battle cry. Blood dancing down her arm she pulls herself up on deck despite her muscle's protest and makes her way closer to the masts. "First mate on deck, Captain!" She's been throwing her tittle around whenever she can the last couple of weeks; its the first tittle she's gotten that wasn't given by herself. It'd seem that she likes the ideas of tittles more than whatever power they represent as despite the wearing usage on the crew she's yet to show any signs of power abusage. Not wasting her time on anymore words she moves to engage a boarder. Exchanging blows and misses with the female, Feli keeps trying to push her opponent towards the water between the boats. Hacking and slashing [roll0] her way across the deck [roll1]. "You owe me a drink, Redd! Those shots almost took my arm off. If they'd hit me I would have made you buy me two!" Her musing drawing a blood speckled grin along side her words.

Tree Ant
2014-05-16, 08:12 PM
Valeria appears not to pay attention to the charging pirate until the last moment. She lunges forward at him grabbing his sword hand with her left and punching him the jaw with her right.

Danger evasion: [roll0]

Hack and slash: [roll1]She is trying to disarm him instead of doing damage.

She grabs his sword arm and twists it around, releasing the sword into her right hand before stepping back away from the pirate refusing to kill the disarmed man.

PhoenixRise
2014-05-16, 11:55 PM
Stumbling down the stairs, leading down below the deck, Zilch scrambles back on his feet. With his hands slightly shaking, his mind returns to the vials of poisons that was taught how to make, right before he set off onto this ship. Quickly rummaging through his pouch, he applies some of that poison onto his rapier, before striking out at the approaching foe.

This better work!

Apply Goldenroot poison to rapier
Strike at the pirate
Hack n' Slash = [roll0]

Loki_42
2014-05-18, 06:35 PM
After a good deal of struggling, Armon heaves himself onto the deck of The Silver Sting. Nobody seems to pay him much mind at the moment, the crew still reeling from the last attack.

Seeing Armon struggle aboard the ship, Ruperts climbs up the side of The Silver Sting, gripping Fenfaril firmly in his tentacles. Soon the two stand next to the wounded cleric, and Loc rushes over to their side. The sailors finally take notice of this little group, and the three, shaking off their wounds, approach the adventurers with swords drawn.

Just as the pirate is about to slash at Valeria, Feli's staff slams into her head. Surrounded on both sides, the pirate tries to engage both foes at once, but Valeria rips the woman's cutlass from her hands.

What do you do?

trajet
2014-05-19, 02:25 AM
Fenfaril whistles sharply at the approaching sailors, signaling for Loc to start incanting, and summons fourth the same arcane sigil as before. He moves forward to meet the enemy crew men. "Surrender!" Fen wills the magical projectile forward to strike the nearest enemy.

[roll0]
With the added bonus from Loc aiding my spell casting.
I'm thinking this triggers a parley with the leverage specifically being Fen killing them dead with magic.
Parley against the remaining sailors:
[roll1]

Brodencrantz
2014-05-20, 08:00 PM
Pulling himself up the slippery - and soon blood soaked - planks of the ship that dared to attack them, Armon raises his stone hammer high as the pirates encircle himself and his companions.

"My hammer has been doused in the salt and spray of my lord. It shall strike you down!"

The water still dripping from the stone head starts to steam into the crashing air and Armon prepares to strike at one of the incoming attackers. He lets out a small sigh as he feels Leviathan grant him the power necessary, but the booming warning in his head that the spell shall not be returned makes Armon's lips tighten into a grimace. Teeth bared, he charges at one of his foes.

Cast a spell: Magic Weapon
[roll0]

Elbeyon
2014-05-21, 11:59 AM
Noticing the reluctance for her opponent to face her she bent to the side to glance at the reason why. Valeria seemingly engaged with the unarmed sailor Feli was amazed at this enemies resolve. "Woah, Valeria you've got an interesting one here. To think that there'd be such a notable fighter amongst Jace's crew." Talking to the person she's trying to kill, "I usually fight unarmed myself. Well, sometimes I might use a claw or two." Doubling up on the sailor, hacking and slashing [roll0], damage [roll1].

Tree Ant
2014-05-21, 08:24 PM
Valeria points her cutlass at the pirate. "I will not kill an unarmed man, but my friend here has no such reservations. Surrender and I will see to it that you have a warm meal and bed tonight. Refuse and you will be delivered to whatever god you believe in." Parley [roll0]

Loki_42
2014-05-21, 10:11 PM
Zilch's blade stabs between the pirate's armor, striking true and dropping the man to the ground. Zilch is free from immediate harm.

The sailors don't eve stop to consider Fenfaril's plea for a second, which turns out to be bad news for them as the spell is unleashed, piercing a good sized hole through one of the three sailors. The other two look at each other for a second before rushing forward, swinging their swords at the mage! [roll0]

Armon may have lost the spell, but his hammer feels powerful and it will strike true.

The pirate seems to consider Valeria's bargain for a minute, glancing at the druid behind him. When Feli reaches to strike the sailor, he ducks out of the way, yanking Feli's staff from her hands. "If you fight unarmed so well, you won't be needing this!" He then backs away, gripping the staff tightly and catching his breath for a brief moment.

Brodencrantz
2014-05-22, 09:23 PM
Armon roars in defiance and wraps his left hand around the warhammer's base. A long arc brings the stone around to contact the ribcage of the first pirate. As he makes a hole in the surrounding foes, a few bursting steps takes him out of danger from the other two.

[roll0]
[roll1]+[roll2]

trajet
2014-05-24, 04:57 PM
Fenfaril barely notices the sword as it strikes him, focused on the battle at hand, and locks eyes with the remaining pirate before thrusting his palm forward and striking him down with arcane runes of destruction. His efforts to destroy are met with a backlash and he can feel a shift in the air.

[roll0] Taking a -1 ongoing to cast a spell
Damage:
[roll1]

Elbeyon
2014-05-24, 05:33 PM
Feli loos at Valeria then back at the sailor. "Hey, Valeria. He's got a weapon now."

Moving her neck side to side, "Hey, Sailor. You were a lot more interesting when you fought unarmed. Now me and my friend have every reason to kill you. But, I get to show you why I like to fight unarmed. So it's a win, win." In an corny manner she brings up her right arm and flexes it, blowing a kiss at her muscles. Her arm bulks up, doubling in size. She repeats the event with her other arm, the same thing happening again. In the usual horrifying manner she begins her transformation to a gorilla, a eastern lowland gorilla (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gorilla), by calling on her elven shapeshifter heritage [roll0]. Smacking her firsts on the boards below her they break and crack. Oh, I forgot that's why I don't transform on Redd's ship. Hooting at the man she starts to knuckle-walk towards him and takes a hack and slash [roll1], damage [roll2]

(I don't have any solid ideas for moves. Maybe disarm? Literally.)

Loki_42
2014-05-27, 08:30 PM
As Armon is swings the enchanted hammer, one of the pirates parries it with a quick sword swing, tossing the hammer out of Armon's hands. The hammer scatters several feet away from the combatants on the deck of the ship.

The other pirate quickly falls to the ground in pain as the spell strikes him. With a nervous gulp, the sailor who disarmed Armon steps up to Fenfaril and swings his sword at the mage.

With fearsome blows, the ape clobbers the sailor to death, but not before getting a solid hit from the stolen staff. [roll0]

Next to Jayce's crumpled body, the trapdoor in The Silver Sting opens once more. "What in the great storm is going on up here?", a bearded man clad in robes says as he climbs out. In his right hand he grips a holy symbol of Rathos, and on his belt is a nasty looking mace.

What do you do?

trajet
2014-05-28, 10:51 AM
Fenfaril sidesteps the sailor, hoping to avoid getting cleaved by the sword, but remains focused on the task at hand. With Loc still incanting the words of power, Fen summons his arcane might once more. " You wish to die as well?"

[roll0]