PDA

View Full Version : Optimization Warforged thunder puncher

Val666
2014-05-08, 11:18 PM
Hello my fellas. Today I was looking some threads over the forum when I found one talking about warforged and...I dont remmebmer. The point is that someone showed a trick which involved using the Shocking Fist feat + Stone Power feat. Use Stone power to get +10 temporary hit points then use those 10 hit points with Shocking fist for an extra 10d4 damage.

Well. What I want is an unarmed (Slam attack) focused warforged. With some Crusader levels (not warblade please) which ends up looking like a Marut e.e

Incarnium, Action Points, Psionics and Tome of Magic (maybe not) are banned. Got 32-Point buy

helix_hex
2014-05-09, 01:22 AM
is tome of battle banned? look into unarmed swordsage. at 4th lv you get insightful strike(when in the selected style you add your wis mod. to your melee damage as a bonus.)

mighty wallop is a staple for any melee fighter; increases your size for determining your melee damage.

Val666
2014-05-09, 01:38 AM
Tome of Battle isnt banned. Wanted to try Crusader for self sustain with healing maneuvers. It thought about swordsage but I want some class with full bab if its from the martial side. Ummm Mighty Wallop sounds interesting..

Im using Warforged. They have a racial Wis and Cha hit, so swordsage out of question :/

helix_hex
2014-05-09, 01:45 AM
Tome of Battle isnt banned. Wanted to try Crusader for self sustain with healing maneuvers. It thought about swordsage but I want some class with full bab if its from the martial side. Ummm Mighty Wallop sounds interesting..

Im using Warforged. They have a racial Wis and Cha hit, so swordsage out of question :/

the warblade may be something for you. they us int for all its abilities. and it can take fighter feats.

Val666
2014-05-09, 01:52 AM
Lol I dont want to use warblade Dx Im playing like 3 campaigns using straight warblade in one and some warblade in the other two. I want to try crusader becuase warforged can get full heal from Crusader maneuvers. I want to be an unarmed (slams) fighter which can sustain himself during fights and deal large amounts of damage c:

Yorrin
2014-05-09, 06:24 AM
It sounds like you've got a pretty good idea of what you want to do. I'm not sure what you're asking, really, but it sounds like a fun build.

Ellowryn
2014-05-09, 07:43 AM
Pretty much this does work, with the way shocking fist is worded its just damage yourself to gain d4's. Assuming you have 10 BaB and you spend 5 to gain 10 temporary HP you can then deal 10 damage to yourself to get +10d4 damage on any 1 attack that turn. Just remember that as a natural attack your slam can only be used for one attack no matter your BaB.

avr
2014-05-09, 08:02 AM
How about a duskblade? Add a spell to that slam.

The Second Slam feat allows you 2 iterative attacks with the slam. I'd probably get Craft Magic Arms & Armor at some point as a duskblade.

If a crusader is what you really want there's not a lot to decide. Your feats will be taken up for some time - Stone Power, Shocking Fist, Extra Granted Maneuver, Second Slam takes you as far as 9th before you start looking around for more feats.

Val666
2014-05-09, 08:05 AM
What I want is a warforged build that focuses on his natural attacks, being the slam his primary attack. So I would take the second slam and maybe jaws of death because like Ellowryn said, I dont get iterative attacks with my slam. So then I'l take multiattack and blablabla.
I was thinking in something involving Lion Totem Barbarian 1 o 2 for pounce and uncanny dode with the whirling frenzy variant but dont know if this extra attack works with natural attacks. Is posible to take both Totem and Spiritual Totem variants? (In this case Lion totem + Sipirtual Bear Totem for Toughness) Show me the path e.e Also I want to be focused on maneuvers. Please no spellcasting, Im sick of it e.e with Crusader as martial adept class. Im always open to take Bloodlines (Storm Giant) to get +4 to initiator level for free. I decided to take Mithral Body for more AC. Maybe you guys know a prestige class or something that focuses on improving natural attacks (please nothing with Dragon in the name, Im tired of those too). <3

Flaw are allowed e.e

avr
2014-05-09, 08:17 AM
If you're getting Mithral Body you want at least one fighter level to ensure you get the feats you want on time. Crusader 1 / Fighter 1 / Barbarian 1 / Crusader +X works.

I'm not familiar enough with martial PrCs to advise you there. More levels in Crusader might be more useful than a PrC if you want to focus on maneuvers, especially since your mighty slam is not easily improved by taking a full round rather than standard action attack.

Val666
2014-05-09, 08:37 AM
avr, you got a point there. If Im focusing on maneuvers maybe the best route is just to improve my slam damage instead of looking for more natural attacks. With that in mind, maybe monk 1 is an option. Using the Decisive Strike variant which let me make 1 attack as a fullround action that deals double damage. Super Slam damage + Maneuvers Damage + 10d4 from Shocking Fist +blablabla enchancements may be a good throw. This leave open path for more feats, second slam and jaws of death are not longer viable. Crusader 1/Bloodlines 3/Monk 1/Crusader 2 might be a good way to start. that is like initiator level 6 at Crusader 2 so level 3 manevuers e.e and stances O: what do you think about this my fellas???

Fouredged Sword
2014-05-09, 08:40 AM
Ok, here is what you want to do.

Crusader 1 / fighter 2 / crusader 17 - Fighter 2 for feats, you will need them to get the build going.

Feats
1 - Adimantium Body
ff 1- Stone Power
3 - Shocking Fist
ff2 - Improved Unarmed Strike
6 - Beast Strike
9 - Shape Soulmenld - Vitality Belt
12 - Snapkick
15 - Extra Slam
18 -

Crusader works REALLY well for this.
Ok, so here is the combo.

When you attack, max out your shocking fist. In a devoted spirit healing stance, you should be restoring most the damage when you land the blow, but it goes into your delay damage pool BEFORE you hit, meaning you not only get the +xd4 electric damage, you also get a flat bonus to attack and damage, ensuring you land the attack. You land the hit, then heal yourself a small amount, then leave the remaining damage in your delay damage pool. Next turn, you use stone power to grant temp HP to dump your delay damage pool into, so you don't take an attack penalty on your big hit, but rather a followup attack.

At levels 1-5, this is the tactic. Get a battlefist and go to town. Get the party wizard an eternal wand of mighty wallop, so your base damage is 2d6.

Now, you build towards beaststrike. Beaststrike adds your slam damage to EACH unarmed strike you deal, EVERY ONE. That xd4 extra damage can now be applied multiple times a round. What's more, snapkick will add an extra hit you can use with shocking fist on any standard action attack.

Stat prioreties

Con / Str / Dex / Cha / Int / Wis

Val666
2014-05-09, 08:59 AM
Mmm.. Me like that. Ok first I dont want to take Adamtium Body. There is some hidden reasons why I like having a lot of speed on D&D...I dont know why )'-'( Next, I can use flaws. So Mithral Body, Stone Power, and Shocking fist can be level 1 feats. Instead of taking the improved unarmed strike feat, why no take the City Brawler Barbarian variant which gives Improved Unarmed Strike and Two Weapon Fighting (unarmed strike) for free, with rage and extra speed (or pounce) goddies.
I cant take the Shape Soulmeld feat sorry :c My level 6 and 9 feats would be Beast Strike and Snap Kick respectively (maybe I can drop Snap Kick, already got an extra attack with -2 [TWF]). As for the recomendation of the level 15 feat Extra Slam Fouredged Sword said, I dont see the point of taking it because ill be using unarmed strikes to fight, not my slams. Oh Im so getting Battlefist and town dacing at early levels. Trust me Im one of the best town dancers ever e.e with the new ideas on mind, how would be the build now my brodas???

Zombulian
2014-05-09, 09:03 AM
Thread about a similar subject just a few days ago.
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?342405-Warforged-Come-On-And-Slam-Now

Val666
2014-05-09, 09:07 AM
Ok I looked over that thread and all is Psionics and Gishes and that Dx Psionics are banned and I dont want any spellcasting thing. Artificier is out of the table too. So there is no answer to my problems T_T

Andezzar
2014-05-09, 09:08 AM
If you take one of the Warforged Body Feats, why not take Unarmored Body? It lets you wear armor. Eventually worn armor will be better than anything a Warforged can have through feats, and much more versatile.

Fouredged Sword
2014-05-09, 09:09 AM
Good idea on barbarian. Try this.

Crusader 1 / Barbarian 2 / Crusader 17 works well. 2 levels of City Brawler whirlpounce barbarian seems like a great idea. I am not sure if they all stack, but 2 extra attacks with unarmed strikes seems like a great idea.

On the other hand, snap kick stacks with focused attack, meaning you deal TWO double damage slams as a full round action.

Crusader 1 / Focused Assault martial Monk 1 / Crusader 18 seems also a great build. The barbarian is a little higher in the number of attacks, but the monk hits harder. I would aim for travel devotion on the monk, maybe even a cleric dip to power it. Nothing like moving a full move action, then pounding someone with 2 32d6+40d4+20+2xStr damage punches.

Val666
2014-05-09, 09:28 AM
MMmmm..Ill go for the Barbarian sided build. If you are right I can add the extra 10d4 to all my attacks with Beast Strike. While the monk build is limited to 2 attacks (TWO WTF ATTACKS) I can continue getting more attacks that may actually hit thanks to rage and furious counterstrike bonuses as any other bonuses in there while having more BAB. I would really like to drop some crusader leves. Just want the flavor and funny thing from a prestige. With Bloodlines I just need to have 8 Crusader levels to get 9th level maneuvers I think. (ummm 8 + 4 from bloodlines = 12 + 12/2 from other clases = 18 IL at level 20. Maybe I can get 8 levels from crusader early and end with another 2 levels for extra 9th level maneuvers. that leaves me with 10 levels which 2 are from Barbarian and 8 free levels. Any thoughts?

Mm...about Unarmored Body..I dont know I just like to be immune to "sunder" attemps or similar out of armor stuff. (O_o can you sunder a warforged body)

Andezzar
2014-05-09, 09:40 AM
Mm...about Unarmored Body..I dont know I just like to be immune to "sunder" attemps or similar out of armor stuff. (O_o can you sunder a warforged body)Everyone is immune to that
You can’t sunder armor worn by another character.

Fouredged Sword
2014-05-09, 09:47 AM
Reforged is nice for 2 levels, Full healing and natural healing comes in handy. Cleric levels can grant freedom devotion. Dungeoncrasher fighter 6 is also hard to beat on any build that will be hitting for serious damage. If you can get large, knockback will be all kinds of funny.

Zombulian
2014-05-09, 09:54 AM
Ok, here is what you want to do.

Crusader 1 / fighter 2 / crusader 17 - Fighter 2 for feats, you will need them to get the build going.

Feats
1 - Adimantium Body
ff 1- Stone Power
3 - Shocking Fist
ff2 - Improved Unarmed Strike
6 - Beast Strike
9 - Shape Soulmenld - Vitality Belt
12 - Snapkick
15 - Extra Slam
18 -

Crusader works REALLY well for this.
Ok, so here is the combo.

When you attack, max out your shocking fist. In a devoted spirit healing stance, you should be restoring most the damage when you land the blow, but it goes into your delay damage pool BEFORE you hit, meaning you not only get the +xd4 electric damage, you also get a flat bonus to attack and damage, ensuring you land the attack. You land the hit, then heal yourself a small amount, then leave the remaining damage in your delay damage pool. Next turn, you use stone power to grant temp HP to dump your delay damage pool into, so you don't take an attack penalty on your big hit, but rather a followup attack.

At levels 1-5, this is the tactic. Get a battlefist and go to town. Get the party wizard an eternal wand of mighty wallop, so your base damage is 2d6.

Now, you build towards beaststrike. Beaststrike adds your slam damage to EACH unarmed strike you deal, EVERY ONE. That xd4 extra damage can now be applied multiple times a round. What's more, snapkick will add an extra hit you can use with shocking fist on any standard action attack.

Stat prioreties

Con / Str / Dex / Cha / Int / Wis

Is that really how that'd work? The wording of Shocking Fist makes me think that it's used up after one attack no matter what.

Fouredged Sword
2014-05-09, 10:05 AM
It is PER attack, so to make it work with a second attack you would have to take more damage. That is why crusader is needed so badly. First there is a stance that lets you heal when you hit, so that reduces the pain of multiple strikes (4d4 damage on each hit is worth a stance) and the delay damage pool lets you soak the damage that remains the next turn with your temp HP.

Shocking fist is a free action, so you can charge your fist between each attack.

Val666
2014-05-09, 10:58 AM
As I said please no spellcasting -.-! Crusader heal works with Warforged at full capacity so Ill dicard Reforged. Any suggestion on a Prestige Class which improves unarmed damage and go with the build?

Zombulian
2014-05-09, 11:05 AM
It is PER attack, so to make it work with a second attack you would have to take more damage. That is why crusader is needed so badly. First there is a stance that lets you heal when you hit, so that reduces the pain of multiple strikes (4d4 damage on each hit is worth a stance) and the delay damage pool lets you soak the damage that remains the next turn with your temp HP.

Shocking fist is a free action, so you can charge your fist between each attack.

But the feat specifically says that you can only do it once per round even though it's a free action.

Fouredged Sword
2014-05-09, 11:10 AM
You could take fist of the forest for Con to AC and replace supreme unarmed strike with it's damage progression. Hillariously you cannot actually do the things that would cause you to loose your class features.

Frostrager is also an option, again, a feat tax, but it adds cold damage to your attacks, and adds on natural armor. It works great if you have a cold focused caster around to drop cold damage into your melee, healing you and hurting everything else. Free unlimited healing from winter blast as well, if the party caster is down with a reserve feat. The rend effect is nice with the multiple unarmed strikes. One two punch stacks with the TWFing unarmed strikes and with snapkick, for a total of 3 extra attacks each full round attack (everything at -6 though)

Val666
2014-05-09, 12:05 PM
If I take fist of the forest it would progress my unarmed damage. At level 1 es 1d4 with 3 levels of FotF it would 1d8. My Con is added to AC, more speed e.e I have one question about FotF. If I use Feral Trance my Battlefists are destroyed e.e? ok ill add FotF to the mix. 5 leves free...Frostrager e.e?

Crusader 1/Barbarian 2/Crusader 1/FotF 3/Frostrager 5/Crusader 9 e.e?

Also with any Bloodline. I can use Stone Power as prereq for FotF and Frostrager instead of Power Attack so the only feats I need are Great Fortitude and Frozen Berserker

Mato
2014-05-09, 12:39 PM
One of the best self healing prestigious class comes out of the fiendish codex II, up to +30hp/rnd as a swift action. Works great on a paladin since you can cast divine sacrifice on top of shocking fist. Trade that 30hp to deal +5d6+20d4 with the first attack each round.

Val666
2014-05-09, 12:41 PM
Hellreaver?

Val666
2014-05-10, 01:33 AM
Mmhmh...ok

I was doing the character level 1-20 chart and got something like this:

32-Point Buy Warforged

Crusader 1/ Storm Giant Bloodline 3/ City Brawler Whirling Frenzy Poucing Barbarian 2/ Crusader 1/ Fist of the Forest 3/ Crusader 2/ Frostrager 5/ Crusader 6

Feats (with flaws):
1)Stone Power, Mithral Body, Shocking Fist
2) Improved Unarmed Strike, Two Weapon Fighting, Power Attack (Bloodline)
3) Great Fortitude
6) Beast Strike
8) Cleave (Bloodline)
9) Frozen Berserker
12) Extra Granted Maneuver
15) Snap Kick
18) ?

It got Full Bab, 9 level maneuvers, Con to AC, like 7 or 8 attacks, Pounce ectetcetc

Which other feat you think would fit in the build???

Fouredged Sword
2014-05-10, 06:06 AM
Does the giant bloodline grant large size or powerful build? Then knockback.

Val666
2014-05-10, 09:14 AM
This is the Storm Giant Bloodline: http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/UA:Giant,_Storm

Knockback is banned :(

Otherwise I could take the Intermediate Troll Bloodline: http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/UA:Troll

which gives me Great Fortitude at level 4 so my level 3 feat is open...again..

Bluydee
2014-05-10, 09:37 AM
Get a thrown necklace of natural weapons.

ROKETTO PANCHI!

Val666
2014-05-10, 10:26 AM
Holly Molly! THE RANGE!!!! Hhahahaahaha it would look like this:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-TlNOVnT6ILM/T8BpH5aBrNI/AAAAAAAABwM/K69sQxhb01A/s1600/rocket_punch_by_seventh_flash-d2ypthr.jpg

Zombulian
2014-05-10, 12:34 PM
Btw Shocking Fist requires BAB +3

Val666
2014-05-10, 12:56 PM
Love you now I need to change some things in the build

Val666
2014-05-13, 12:21 AM
Ok guys I'llbe starting a campaign soon with this build so I need to polish it out.

It goes like this:

No point buy yet
Warforged:
Crusader 1/Storm Giant Bloodline 3/Barbarian 2/Crusader +1/Fist of the Forest 3/Crusader +2/Frostrager 5/Crusader +6

Feats:
1) Stone Power,Mithral Body (flaw),Great Fortitude (flaw)
2) Improved Unarmed Strike and Two weapon fighting (both from City Brawler Barbarian variant) Also, Power attack from bloodlines.
3) Shocking Fist
6) Beast Strike
9) Frozen Berserker
12) Extra Granted Maneuver
15) ?
18) ?

What I need is fill those last feats and also ask: Aside from Battlefists, which other items and enchancements would be good on this builds? (ways to increase unarmed damage).

Thanks everyone!