PDA

View Full Version : Gold Dragon Throwing PC?

Silvanoshei
2014-05-09, 09:22 AM
How would throwing a PC go down?

1) Make grapple check, and be in grapple with the pc.

2) How would toss work? I mean, the Gold Dragon has like 40 STR so.... the closest thing I could find was improvised weapon, and that only throws 10 feet. Would you add 5 feet (after the base 10 str for 10 feet) for every 5 str you have? So you could throw the PC with the extra 30 str for a total of 40 feet?

3) If they hit a wall or object that be 4d6 falling damage?

Doc_Maynot
2014-05-09, 09:31 AM
I think The King of Pong (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?107248-3-5-quot-King-of-Pong-quot-Hulking-Hurler-Dungeon-Crasher-War-Mind-Mashup) would help out with what you are trying for. (Mostly because I think throwing people requires a class feature)

WhamBamSam
2014-05-09, 10:00 AM
I'm fond of giving dragons Setting Sun throws, either through Setting Sun sandals/Martial Scrips as part of their hoards, Martial Study/Stance feats, or a level or two in Swordsage.

Telonius
2014-05-09, 10:18 AM
You mean, if he flies up and throws his enemy down (instead of just dropping him)? There might be a Catgirl massacre on the way, but we'd be able to figure out how much force a dragon is able to exert - the Strength score is keyed to how much it can lift. I'd use the maximum Light Load. (Any physicists out there want to do the math for that?) Figure out how much in excess of gravity it would be, then convert it to d6's, and add it to falling damage.

Otherwise, model it on Dungeoncrasher or Setting Sun throw maneuvers.

Doc_Maynot
2014-05-09, 10:21 AM
Or a level of Hulking Hurler