PDA

View Full Version : Spritescape Fantasy

Spritescaper
2007-02-12, 01:14 PM
So... this is the webcomic I've been running for the past year or so. 8-Bit Theater was my biggest influence when I first began, though my comic tends to place a bit more emphasis on story & character development. The characters are not borrowed from any commercial video game.

Any feedback you guys can offer would be greatly appreciated!

You can find the comic here (http://spritescape.com).

Daedrous Avari
2007-02-17, 11:45 AM
I read it, I love sprite comics, even have one myself. I've been reading it for awhile, I'm suprised it isn't as popular as it should be even if it does use Charas (or seemingly uses it)

Ceska
2007-02-17, 02:13 PM
It certainly has gone some way from being only humorous to a higher level, I like that. I bookmarked it, will see if it gets really good (IMHO most comics need at least 100-150 strips to get great, characters have to grow onto the reader first). Mostly I enjoyed not having a core villain, or better all of them being "shades of grey" as they like to say.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-02-24, 09:34 AM
*reads* Hm... keep it up. You've got my interest and, subsequently, support. :smallwink:

Stormthorn
2007-03-01, 11:08 PM
Well, I love the comic. Im noticing what seems to be the influence of BGII:SOA in your comic. One episode title is a line that one of the characters repeats (Swords, not words!) when told to attack and episode 38 reminds me of Irenicus' torturing of the protagonist and his half-sister. The creepy dudes frist two lines are almost directly from the beginning of the game.

Spritescaper
2012-03-06, 02:11 PM
Hey guys. I apologize for resurrecting this zombie of a thread, but as I understand it, I'm allowed to do this since I'm the original poster + the author of the comic in question.

Anyway, having been inactive for the better part of the last 4 years, I'm making a concentrated effort to revive this little webcomic of mine.

As the title suggests, it's a sprite comic in the vein of 8-Bit Theater, with a fantasy theme in the vein of OOTS. First comic starts here (http://spritescape.com/2005/08/06/episode-1-scalps-and-orc-chow/), with a total of 66 comics currently in the archive.

Thanks for your time, and feedback is always welcome.

Neoriceisgood
2012-03-18, 08:50 AM
Oh a revival? Neat, I used to read this.

I'll be keeping close attention then.