PDA

View Full Version : Optimization Warforged Artificer//Crusader

Darth_Versity
2014-05-10, 06:59 AM
So we'll be starting a new Gestalt game at lvl 1 in the near future. I'm going to be the first Warforged ever made, who was designed by Wee Jas and then created by her mortal worshipers (can't decide on his name though, Alpha or Beta). As such he'll have the Magic-Blooded template from Dragon 306 to show his link to the goddess of magic.

I need to be quite resiliant (there are demons everywhere atm) and also smart enough to deal with a Plane wide problem (requires UMD). As such i've decided that an Artificer//Crusader would work wonders, especially mixed with the Warforged Artificer substitution levels.

The build I have so far:
32 point buy
STR 16
DEX 12
CON 16
INT 14
WIS 4
CHA 14

Flaw: Shaky
Feats:
1 Keen Intellect (dragon 318)
1 Adamantine Body
3 Extra Martial Maneuver
4 Extraordinary Artisan
6 Attune Magic Weapon

I'm looking for general advice as I've never played an Artificer before. At lvl 1 what is the best thing to use my Infusions on? I've seen two good weapon enhancements that make good sense. Bane is an obvious choice, but doesn't stack with the masterwork property, but a Martial Discipline Weapon would stack and provide a larger attack at the cost of damage. Which is better?

What scrolls should I be looking at making to begin with as I don't want to waste my craft reserve. What about at lvl 2? Obviously I'll be making woundrous items at 3.

What good boosts are there for UMD? Especially ones I can craft myself. Fixing the Planar collapse will need an excellent UMD check, so any boosts would work wonders.

Is there any way to trade off the Artificer's trapfinding as I'm to spread to put ranks in disable device or similar.

Finally, my current feat selection up to 6, is it good or would you change things around. I was debating taking a feat to increase my DR but is it worth it? What would you suggest after 6?

Thanks for any help.