PDA

View Full Version : Implications of Move to Swift Exchange

Gildedragon
2014-05-10, 10:44 AM
Hullo. So as it says on the tin:
What would be the consequences of allowing a move/standard action to be exchanged for a swift action
The idea doesn't strike me as all that unbalanced but there might be consequences I haven't thought of

Andezzar
2014-05-10, 10:55 AM
There are a lot more ways to get extra move/standard actions than there are to gain extra swift actions.

It would mean that you could still get a swift action even after using an immediate action. This would allow Boosts to be used in the same round as Counters.

Quiddle
2014-05-10, 10:57 AM
It isn't a big deal, I allow this in most of my games. The only thing is it can get a little silly if someone starts using this rule change to cast 3 spells a round.

Andezzar
2014-05-10, 11:00 AM
The only thing is it can get a little silly if someone starts using this rule change to cast 3 spells a round.Not possible. While Quicken spell has been changed to a Swift Action, it still has the restriction of only one quickened spell per round.

bekeleven
2014-05-10, 11:46 AM
Not possible. While Quicken spell has been changed to a Swift Action, it still has the restriction of only one quickened spell per round.

Spell + Quickened spell + Swift or immediate spell

Vedhin
2014-05-10, 12:16 PM
Swift action spells and effects which allow you to attack as a swift action would be the main problems. Oh, and things which allow you to take a move/standard/full-round action as a swift/immediate.

On the other hand, martial adepts would be very happy, as would Incarnum users.