Jgosse
2014-05-11, 06:23 AM
I AM THE DM

How does this build seem to you guys?

Strong Heart Halfling
Scout//Swashbuckler 3
Rogue//ranger 4
Barbarian//fighter 1
ACF pounce, Whirling Frenzy, Distracting shot, and champion of the wild.
Planning on taking swift hunter and daring outlaw.

Going with the two weapon fighting style.BAB 8/3, 6/6/1/1, or 4/4/4/-1/-1 (not including other bonuses). with distracting shot every attack after the first attack will be sneak attack.

Jgosse
2014-05-11, 06:33 AM
I should mention this is a gestalt Campaign .

Muggins
2014-05-11, 06:42 AM
You haven't given us much to go off here aside from a character. What role is he meant to serve? Does he have any allies? Where's he fighting, and under what conditions?

Jgosse
2014-05-11, 06:47 AM
I was just going for a skill monkey who could put a knife in all of your vital organs in alphabetical order. he is a npc who I will be using to fill a whole in my party untill I get a new player lined up.

Urpriest
2014-05-11, 07:50 AM
Can I just say that I like what your formatting implies about how you handle gestalt? So many people default to this "two sides" abstraction, but really there aren't any sides, at each level you're a gestalt Ranger//Rogue or the like, and it's not even clear that you can coherently multiclass Ranger//Rogue with Ranger//Fighter or the like.

That said, you should probably use double rather than single slashes, as is the convention on this board.

Anyway, Swashbuckler is probably not going to be worth it for you. NPCs don't have very high ability scores, so you're unlikely to have a good enough Int for the levels to be worth it.

Jgosse
2014-05-11, 08:12 AM
Thank you I have gotten a lot of flack for the way I do gestalt from people on the forum. Maybe I should of said dm pc but I know that is not very popular hear.
His ability are as follows.
STR 14
DEX 22
CON 16
INT 14
WIS 12
CHA 10

Urpriest
2014-05-11, 09:14 AM
Thank you I have gotten a lot of flack for the way I do gestalt from people on the forum. Maybe I should of said dm pc but I know that is not very popular hear.
His ability are as follows.
STR 14
DEX 22
CON 16
INT 14
WIS 12
CHA 10

Then yeah, your three levels of Swashbuckler are giving you +1 to attack and +2 to damage, for the cost of a feat (Daring Outlaw). That's better than Weapon Focus and Weapon Specialization, but those are both terrible feats.

I suppose if you don't allow multiclassing Scout//Rogue or Scout//Fighter with Rogue//Ranger and Barbarian//Fighter there aren't a lot of better options, though. Maybe you could get more out of slinging in some Warblade, but at the moment I'm not sure if that would pick things up enough...maybe with Blood in the Water, if you go with Kukris.