PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Trying to work on a "Dark race" campaign

Reprimand
2014-05-11, 12:47 PM
I'm currently trying to work on a pathfinder dark race campaign. Drow, Duergar, svirfneblins(dark gnomes), Orcs, Goblins, maybe kobolds, etc.

I'm having a distinctly difficult time finding something for humans I was thinking about converting the Darkstalker monster race in bestiary without deaththroes

so far using the advanced players handbook I'm come out to around 25 rp which is I guess a +1 level at 1st-5th level but a normal level at 6+ I don't Know PF level adjustments are weird.

5x3=15 for the +4 in 3 skills, deeper darkness fog cloud and detect magic at will = 3+3+1 = 7, See in darkness = 4, light blindness -2 and poison use = 1

15+7+4+1-2= 25

Could some people give some ideas on what they think should be done about either converting this race or a substitute or even explaining the PF level adjustment system a bit more.

Kuulvheysoon
2014-05-11, 01:08 PM
There's an evil human subrace in the Book of Vile Darkness that might be of some use.

Reprimand
2014-05-11, 01:14 PM
Does it have like a specific name? Also what do you think of the Darkstalker as a race compared to Drow etc? Would it be too powerful?

EDIT: Found it, but's not really what I'm looking for. More like dark subterranean races. I swear like 100% of the races I mentioned live underground anyway. Trying to keep a theme going. It's a good fallback plan though.

Spore
2014-05-11, 01:27 PM
Why don't you just use Fetchlings (http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/advancedRaceGuide/featuredRaces/fetchlings.html)?

They are basically the Tieflings of the Shadow plane. Give them the free Gloom Sight benefit (basically Drow darkvision with light sensitivity) and consider them completed.

Reprimand
2014-05-11, 01:48 PM
Why don't you just use Fetchlings (http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/advancedRaceGuide/featuredRaces/fetchlings.html)?

They are basically the Tieflings of the Shadow plane. Give them the free Gloom Sight benefit (basically Drow darkvision with light sensitivity) and consider them completed.

Fetchlings are already serving another purpose in my game, Sort of like slavers that work for anyone that will pay them.

I wanted the "Humans" to just be another subterranean race that is the dark mirror of actual humans.

Fetchlings are outsiders too.

I mean I'd like to use just straight human but a lot of these dark races seem to have extra abilties over their counterparts i.e. Drow have a ton of abilties even the commoners compared to normal high elves.