PDA

View Full Version : Which do you prefer witch slayer or occult slayer?

CyberThread
2014-05-11, 01:22 PM
Witch Gets

Good Fort and Will Saves
No Feat Requirements
(with adaption) smite evil
High DC Anti Magic Field as a swift action
Slippery Mind

Occult gets
Good Will
Has Feat and cross skill requirements for a fighter
Spell Turning
Immunity to Mind affecting things, that can be surpressed
very weak detect magic and non detection version of the spells

Anxe
2014-05-11, 02:39 PM
My players find the mind blank and spell turning to be far more useful than the antimagic effect. The witchslayer's antimagic effect save is just a little too low to be certain against the BBEGs in my campaign. The detection stuff of the occult slayer is also marginally more useful in my campaign, but that's more about my DMing style than actual ability usefulness.

Chronos
2014-05-11, 02:48 PM
The witch slayer's antimagic ability is really underwhelming: If my opponent fails a save at that level, I want them to be completely out of the fight, not just inconvenienced for a single round. Especially if I had to use a standard action to do nothing but force that save. On the other hand, you left off that Witch Slayer gets mettle, which is quite useful.

Anxe
2014-05-11, 05:13 PM
It is useful but I feel like it makes your strong saves stronger which isn't needed as much. Mind blank basically just removes Will saves from affecting your character. I feel thats stronger.

CyberThread
2014-05-11, 05:21 PM
It is useful but I feel like it makes your strong saves stronger which isn't needed as much. Mind blank basically just removes Will saves from affecting your character. I feel thats stronger.

but its only strong point is will save, while the other also has fort save