PDA

View Full Version : Video Game bosses as D&D characters

Xaroth
2014-05-11, 01:24 PM
So I've been thinking of starting a project which, as it says in the title, involves creating Video Game bosses as D&D characters, but purely by the books. There are quite a few bosses I have in mind.

To find the thread for Video Game protagonists as D&D characters, click here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?348173-Video-Game-protagonists-as-D-amp-D-characters&p=17456391).

Red = Complete and can find the post by clicking the listed user's name.
Gold = In progress.
Blue = I haven't started it.
Purple = In progress, but by somebody else. Username will be provided.

Absalom (Darksiders 2)
Alex Mercer (Prototype 2 - in work by ShadowFireLance)
Amon, Sinistral of Terror (Lufia and the Fortress of Doom)
Arthas (Warcraft III - in work by WeaselGuy)
Augus (Asura's Wrath)
Axel (Kingdom Hearts 2)
Ballos (Cave Story)
Bowser (Mario - completed by Kazudo (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17472272&postcount=170)!)
Cackletta (Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga - in work by 137ben)
Chaos Witch Quelaag (Dark Souls - in work by PraxisVetli)
Crazy Hand (Super Smash Bros. Brawl)
Cruiser Tetron (Hero Core)
Daos, Sinistral of Chaos (Lufia and the Fortress of Doom)
Dark Samus (Metroid Prime 3: Corruption)
Darklurker (Dark Souls 2)
Deathwing (WoW: Cataclysm)
Dr. Nefarious (Ratchet and Clank Future: A Crack in Time)
Dracula (Castlevania: Orders of Ecceslia)
Emperor Griffin (Dark Cloud 2)
Erim, Sinistral of Death (Lufia and the Fortress of Doom)
Father Balder (Bayonetta)
Fortitudo (Bayonetta)
Gades (Lufia and the Fortress of Doom)
Ganondorf (TLoZ: Twilight Princess - in work by Kazudo)
Gohma Vlitra (Asura's Wrath)
Golbez (Final Fantasy IV)
Grima (Fire Emblem: Awakening)
Hades (God of War III)
Illidan Stormrage (WoW: The Burning Crusade - completed by WeaselGuy (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17460774&postcount=126)!)
Iustitia (Bayonetta)
Izanami (Persona 4)
Izanami-no-Okami (Persona 4)
Jack of Blades (Fable)
Jan Rosencrantz (Vagrant Story)
Jubileus, the Creator (Bayonetta)
Jurl Han (Street Fighter 4 Series)
Kalameet (Dark Souls)
Kefka (Final Fantasy VI)
King Vendrick (Dark Souls 2 - completed by Bluydee (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17457364&postcount=110)!)
Kraid (Metroid: Zero Mission)
Kuja (Final Fantasy IX)
Lavos (Chrono Trigger)
M. Bison (Street Fighter 4 Series)
Master Hand (Super Smash Bros Brawl)
Mega Mewtwo Y (Pokémon series)
Ninetails (Okami)
Nyx (Persona 3)
Omega Ridley (Metroid Prime 3: Corruption)
Orochi (Okami - in work by paperarmor)
Romeo Guildenstern (Vagrant Story)
Sapientia (Bayonetta)
Sarah Kerrigan, Primal Queen of Blades (Starcraft II: Heart of the Swarm)
Sephiroth (Kingdom Hearts 1)
Shadow Queen (Paper Mario)
Shao Khan (Mortal Kombat)
Temperantia (Bayonetta)
The Cobras (Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater}
The Creator (Aquaria)
The Final Colossus (Shadow of the Colossus)
The Metatron (Spawn: Armageddon)
The Pursuer (Dark Souls 2)
The Redeemer (Spawn: Armageddon)
The Transcendent One (Planescape: Torment)
Vyers (Disgaea)
Xehanort (Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep)
Xemnas (Kingdom Hearts 2)
Xigbar (Kingdom Hearts series)
Yami (Okami)
Zeus (God of War III)

If anybody would like to contribute bosses I'll let you know whether or not I'll be able to create it, but regardless I'll add it to the list in case somebody else is capable of doing so.

EDIT: If there's a recurring boss in a game series (i.e. Bowser), please specify which game in the series.

If you are going to list more than one boss, please list the bosses in the format:

[Boss name] ([Game])

Taking a new line for each boss.

If you complete a boss as a character, please post its full character sheet. Assume you have exactly as much money as you need for the purpose of acquiring the items.

Inevitability
2014-05-11, 02:10 PM
Some bosses I'd like to see:

-Lavos (Chrono Trigger)

-Bowser (Mario)

-Kefka (Final Fantasy VI)

In a few days, I may create some of these myself.

Also, this may be best suited in the homebrew forum.

Kazudo
2014-05-11, 02:23 PM
Ok...Hm. Video Game bosses I'd like to see would be...hmm.

>Kuja from Final Fantasy 9
>Either Yami, Orochi, or Ninetails from Okami
>Emperor Griffin from Dark Cloud 2 (Dark Chronicle)

If you want any help with these I'd consider assisting.

EDIT:

Only if he intends to create stuff specifically for these builds. If he intends to build using already-existing materials, then this may be the best place for it in the same way that the Iron Chef, Zinc Saucier, and Junkyard Wars competitions are explicitly creating new builds from currently existing materials.

You could even say that these "build concepts" are being Optimized here.

Xaroth
2014-05-11, 02:55 PM
Ok...Hm. Video Game bosses I'd like to see would be...hmm.

>Kuja from Final Fantasy 9
>Either Yami, Orochi, or Ninetails from Okami
>Emperor Griffin from Dark Cloud 2 (Dark Chronicle)

If you want any help with these I'd consider assisting.

EDIT:

Only if he intends to create stuff specifically for these builds. If he intends to build using already-existing materials, then this may be the best place for it in the same way that the Iron Chef, Zinc Saucier, and Junkyard Wars competitions are explicitly creating new builds from currently existing materials.

You could even say that these "build concepts" are being Optimized here.

All help is welcome, and no, I'm not creating anything. I'm using already existing materials.

The main thing I'll need help with is Gohma Vlitra, due to the sheer fact that it's basically a planet.

Val666
2014-05-11, 03:03 PM
Cool thread, nice idea

I would really like to see a Dark Samus build. Ill try to help finding out some ideas ;) yeah from MP3: Corruption

Kazudo
2014-05-11, 03:14 PM
All help is welcome, and no, I'm not creating anything. I'm using already existing materials.

The main thing I'll need help with is Gohma Vlitra, due to the sheer fact that it's basically a planet.

So...a refluffed Atropos?

Kazudo
2014-05-11, 03:25 PM
Ganondorf should be easy depending on which game he's from. The version from Ocarina of Time, for example, would likely be a desert half-orc (based on body design and coloring) with primarily sorcerer or maybe even wu-jen levels.

Xaroth
2014-05-11, 04:17 PM
Ganondorf should be easy depending on which game he's from. The version from Ocarina of Time, for example, would likely be a desert half-orc (based on body design and coloring) with primarily sorcerer or maybe even wu-jen levels.

The game each character is from is listed next to them, the version I'm going for is the version from Twilight Princess.

Bluydee
2014-05-11, 04:20 PM
The game each character is from is listed next to them, the version I'm going for is the version from Twilight Princess.

Same as above, but now a martial class who can turn into a boar.

PsyWar maybe? He did possess Zelda.

Xaroth
2014-05-11, 04:20 PM
So...a refluffed Atropos?

I don't know what that is, but this is Gohma Vlitra.

http://jagatplay.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/Asuras-Wrath-139.jpg

Xaroth
2014-05-11, 04:25 PM
Same as above, but now a martial class who can turn into a boar.

PsyWar maybe? He did possess Zelda.

http://static.gamesradar.com/images/mb/GamesRadar/us/Features/2009/06/Link%20and%20Ganon/Twi_Ganon3--article_image.jpg

Gonna need to have some magical enhancements on dat boar.

RavynsLand
2014-05-11, 04:37 PM
Kefka:

Bard9/Wild Mage1/Sublime Chord1/Wild Mage+9

:D

Kazudo
2014-05-11, 04:39 PM

Atropos is actually from the Elder Evils book. A planetoid destruction entity.

Hmm. As far as Ganondorf goes, if it's TP we're going for, less sorcerer. That version of him would be probably PsyWar. Maybe Bear Warrior, with Bear refluffed to be more boarlike.

Or, as another thought, perhaps a Shapeshifter Druid whose Freaking Awesome Form is that of a gigantic boar. I could see that coming out of a desert half-orc, and from an optimization standpoint would be slightly less MAD.

Ansem
2014-05-11, 05:11 PM
Entire XIII should be done.

Pokonic
2014-05-11, 05:33 PM
I'll throw in the Shadow Queen of Paper Mario fame in here.

Kazudo
2014-05-11, 05:44 PM
When I get to my books later, if I'm not busy with something else, I'll start building Ganondorf. I'm most familiar with him and I think my previous posts will probably give me the build needed. I might even have gotten some inspiration for a bit of template stacking from his previous incarnations.

Xaroth
2014-05-11, 05:48 PM
Kefka:

Much appreciated, I don't actually know who Kefka is so I'm sure that'll aid someone in completing it. Could you suggest spells or feats?

CyberThread
2014-05-11, 05:53 PM
(SP) Institutional Plot Armor : This Creature has -/DR Hero , only [Hero] typed damage may harm this character.

Xaroth
2014-05-11, 05:57 PM
Entire XIII should be done.

Could you list them in the format I did in the original post? It makes it easier for me to add them, and I can't think of the entirety of Organization XIII off by heart, nor do I remember in what games each one is an enemy. Roxas is a protagonist, so he doesn't qualify as a boss.

Xaroth
2014-05-11, 06:02 PM
Some bosses I'd like to see:

-Lavos (Chrono Trigger)

-Bowser (Mario)

-Kefka (Final Fantasy VI)

In a few days, I may create some of these myself.

Could you please specify a game for Bowser? His powers vary depending on what game he's in.

Also, I'm incapable of doing either of the other two, but they have been added to the list in the hope that someone else can.

Xaroth
2014-05-11, 06:03 PM
(SP) Institutional Plot Armor : This Creature has -/DR Hero , only [Hero] typed damage may harm this character.

I don't know if this is a joke or an actual thing, to be honest.

Kurald Galain
2014-05-11, 06:12 PM
Well, if you're taking requests...

- Ballos (Cave Story)
- The Creator (Aquaria)
- The Transcendent One (Planescape: Torment)
- Cruiser Tetron (Hero Core)

Xaroth
2014-05-11, 06:38 PM
Well, if you're taking requests...

- Ballos (Cave Story)
- The Creator (Aquaria)
- The Transcendent One (Planescape: Torment)
- Cruiser Tetron (Hero Core)

Omnipotent characters are a little over-the-top.

RavynsLand
2014-05-11, 06:42 PM
Much appreciated, I don't actually know who Kefka is so I'm sure that'll aid someone in completing it. Could you suggest spells or feats?

Nah, I think someone else may be better suited for that.

Kurald Galain
2014-05-11, 07:10 PM
Omnipotent characters are a little over-the-top.

Yes, but given how the hero takes them all down hard, I don't think their omnipotence is all it's cracked up to be (I'm not even sure which character you're referring to, really; plus you already had Lavos on your list... :smallamused: )

Xaktsaroth
2014-05-11, 07:20 PM
My Hmm, kinda of humourous challenege (http://community.wizards.com/forum/previous-editions-character-optimization/threads/984471) thread tread some similar ground a few years ago. Bowser(SSBM version) and Ganondorf(OoT) version were done, Bowser by me, and Ganondorf by the_taken. These were pre-ToB, and honestly, I'd change Bowser up a bit and get some tiger claw in him if I had the time to redo him. Maybe a bit later. Anywho, here are the builds:

Bowser, the Lawful Evil Half-Dragon, Feral Antro-Snapping Turtle

Str: 43 (15 + 26 + 2)
Dex: 09 (15 - 8 + 2)
Con: 27 (13 + 14)
Int: 12 (14 - 2)
Wis: 14 (08 + 6)
Cha: 13 (13 + 0)

1) HD - Weapon Focus(Bite)
2) HD
3) HD - Toughness
4) LA
5) LA
6) LA
7) LA
8) Barbarian 1 - +1 Dex
9) Barbarian 2
10) Thayan Gladiator 1 - Dragon Breath, Improved Natural Attack(Bite)(b)
11) Thayan Gladiator 2 - Improved Critical(Bite)(b)
12) Thayan Gladiator 3 - +1 Dex
13) Thayan Gladiator 4 - Furious Inhalation
14) Thayan Gladiator 5
15) Thayan Gladiator 6
16) Thayan Gladiator 7 - Rapidstrike, +1 Str
17) Thayan Gladiator 8
18) Thayan Gladiator 9
19) Thayan Gladiator 10 - Improved Rapidstrike
20) Fighter 1 - Improved Grapple(b), +1 Str

Books Used: PHB, Champions of Ruin, Stormwrack, Draconomicon, Races of the Dragon, Savage Species.

http://img490.imageshack.us/img490/1840/ganonstainedglass8004bt.jpg
- art by Katie 'kacfrog' Czekaj (http://kacfrog711.deviantart.com/)

King of the gerudos, The King of Evil, blah blah blah, etc. etc.
Ganondorf - Human Warlock 20

Feats:
Skill Focus (Use Magic Device)(Human)
Improved Unarmed Strike (1)
Magical Aptitude (Flaw)
Scribe Scroll (Flaw)
Battle Caster (3)
Craft Wonderous Item (6)
Craft Magical Arms and Armor (9)
Craft Construct (12)
Craft Contigeant Spell (15)
Deflect Arrows (18)

Flaws:
Noncombatant and Poor Reflexes

Invocations:
Least - Darkness, Devil's Sight, Eldritch Spear, Entropic Warding, Miasmic Cloud
Lesser - Fell Flight, Voracious Dispelling
Greater - Repelling Blast, Wall of Perilous Flame, Warlock's Call
Dark - Dark Forsight, Eldritch Doom

Emulating Gannondorf:
Stopping farie-boys from z-targetting you - Miasmic Cloud.
Making the place darker during a musical performance - Darkness invocation. Dismiss it when the fight starts.
Flying around like you own the room - Fell Flight.
Keeping arrows off of you - Entropic Warding combined with the deflect arrows feat.
Evil Ball of energy - Eldritch Blast upgraded by the Beshadowed Blast invocation.
Lots of Evil Balls of energy - Invocking Darkness followed by an Eldritch Blast upgraded by the Repelling Blast, then dismissing your Darkness.
Wacking the central pillar when some duffuss farie-boy tries to get under you - Blast upgraded by the Eldritch Doom invocation.

"I have the Craft Construct feat?" you ask? Do Iron KnucklesTM grow on trees? NO! You make them. :biggrin: Now you're asking "I have the Craft Contingeant Spell feat, too?" See below

Crafted Contigeant Spells: If my HP is equal to or less than 0, cast the Daylight spell. When I die, cast True Resurection on me. 20 seconds after the True Resurection contigeant spell goes off, transform me into an ogre by casting Polymorph on me. (Triplet)When I transform into an ogre, cast Bull's Strength, Bear's Endurance and Eagle's Splendor. If while in ogre form I am reduced to 0 or less HP, cast Flase Life on me. (triplet)When the False Life contingeant spell goes off, cast Expeditious Retreat, Haste and Iron Body on me.Other Things you need to do: Set up a trap that goes off when subjected to bright light, such as that from the daylight spell. The trap is a timed delayed colaspe of your entire fortress. Make two longswords sized for an ogre, and call them "Hrarr" and "Kwoo-eer". Cast Arcane Mark and Drawmi's Instant Summons on them from scrolls you've made. When you start transforming into an ogre, call your swords too you. Surround the ruins of your fortress with Wall of Perious Flame invocations. Go crazy and kill something!

With all this, no fancy-pants farie-boy is going to bother you and live to tell about it.

Bluydee
2014-05-11, 07:22 PM
That Ganondorf is OoT and this one is supposed to be Twilight Princess, so it doesn't really match up.

It's sad though. The links don't work anymore and now you can't find anything there.

Xaroth
2014-05-11, 07:25 PM
My Hmm, kinda of humourous challenege (http://community.wizards.com/forum/previous-editions-character-optimization/threads/984471) thread tread some similar ground a few years ago. Bowser(SSBM version) and Ganondorf(OoT) version were done, Bowser by me, and Ganondorf by the_taken. These were pre-ToB, and honestly, I'd change Bowser up a bit and get some tiger claw in him if I had the time to redo him. Maybe a bit later. Anywho, here are the builds:

Bowser, the Lawful Evil Half-Dragon, Feral Antro-Snapping Turtle

Str: 43 (15 + 26 + 2)
Dex: 09 (15 - 8 + 2)
Con: 27 (13 + 14)
Int: 12 (14 - 2)
Wis: 14 (08 + 6)
Cha: 13 (13 + 0)

1) HD - Weapon Focus(Bite)
2) HD
3) HD - Toughness
4) LA
5) LA
6) LA
7) LA
8) Barbarian 1 - +1 Dex
9) Barbarian 2
10) Thayan Gladiator 1 - Dragon Breath, Improved Natural Attack(Bite)(b)
11) Thayan Gladiator 2 - Improved Critical(Bite)(b)
12) Thayan Gladiator 3 - +1 Dex
13) Thayan Gladiator 4 - Furious Inhalation
14) Thayan Gladiator 5
15) Thayan Gladiator 6
16) Thayan Gladiator 7 - Rapidstrike, +1 Str
17) Thayan Gladiator 8
18) Thayan Gladiator 9
19) Thayan Gladiator 10 - Improved Rapidstrike
20) Fighter 1 - Improved Grapple(b), +1 Str

Books Used: PHB, Champions of Ruin, Stormwrack, Draconomicon, Races of the Dragon, Savage Species.

http://img490.imageshack.us/img490/1840/ganonstainedglass8004bt.jpg
- art by Katie 'kacfrog' Czekaj (http://kacfrog711.deviantart.com/)

King of the gerudos, The King of Evil, blah blah blah, etc. etc.
Ganondorf - Human Warlock 20

Feats:
Skill Focus (Use Magic Device)(Human)
Improved Unarmed Strike (1)
Magical Aptitude (Flaw)
Scribe Scroll (Flaw)
Battle Caster (3)
Craft Wonderous Item (6)
Craft Magical Arms and Armor (9)
Craft Construct (12)
Craft Contigeant Spell (15)
Deflect Arrows (18)

Flaws:
Noncombatant and Poor Reflexes

Invocations:
Least - Darkness, Devil's Sight, Eldritch Spear, Entropic Warding, Miasmic Cloud
Lesser - Fell Flight, Voracious Dispelling
Greater - Repelling Blast, Wall of Perilous Flame, Warlock's Call
Dark - Dark Forsight, Eldritch Doom

Emulating Gannondorf:
Stopping farie-boys from z-targetting you - Miasmic Cloud.
Making the place darker during a musical performance - Darkness invocation. Dismiss it when the fight starts.
Flying around like you own the room - Fell Flight.
Keeping arrows off of you - Entropic Warding combined with the deflect arrows feat.
Evil Ball of energy - Eldritch Blast upgraded by the Beshadowed Blast invocation.
Lots of Evil Balls of energy - Invocking Darkness followed by an Eldritch Blast upgraded by the Repelling Blast, then dismissing your Darkness.
Wacking the central pillar when some duffuss farie-boy tries to get under you - Blast upgraded by the Eldritch Doom invocation.

"I have the Craft Construct feat?" you ask? Do Iron KnucklesTM grow on trees? NO! You make them. :biggrin: Now you're asking "I have the Craft Contingeant Spell feat, too?" See below

Crafted Contigeant Spells: If my HP is equal to or less than 0, cast the Daylight spell. When I die, cast True Resurection on me. 20 seconds after the True Resurection contigeant spell goes off, transform me into an ogre by casting Polymorph on me. (Triplet)When I transform into an ogre, cast Bull's Strength, Bear's Endurance and Eagle's Splendor. If while in ogre form I am reduced to 0 or less HP, cast Flase Life on me. (triplet)When the False Life contingeant spell goes off, cast Expeditious Retreat, Haste and Iron Body on me.Other Things you need to do: Set up a trap that goes off when subjected to bright light, such as that from the daylight spell. The trap is a timed delayed colaspe of your entire fortress. Make two longswords sized for an ogre, and call them "Hrarr" and "Kwoo-eer". Cast Arcane Mark and Drawmi's Instant Summons on them from scrolls you've made. When you start transforming into an ogre, call your swords too you. Surround the ruins of your fortress with Wall of Perious Flame invocations. Go crazy and kill something!

With all this, no fancy-pants farie-boy is going to bother you and live to tell about it.

Ganon is in-progress by Kazudo, so that should help a lot. That's the OoT version whereas I'm looking for the Twilight Princess version.

I'll mark Bowser as In-Progress by you, though.

Xaroth
2014-05-11, 07:29 PM
Yes, but given how the hero takes them all down hard, I don't think their omnipotence is all it's cracked up to be (I'm not even sure which character you're referring to, really; plus you already had Lavos on your list... :smallamused: )

I'm adding all contributions to the list regardless of what they are, I don't know who half of them are due to the fact I've never played the games. And taking down an omnipotent character in D&D is maybe just a little different to taking them down in their respective games.

Bluydee
2014-05-11, 07:31 PM
In fact, I can take King Vendrick, though he will probably suck.

Xaroth
2014-05-11, 07:35 PM
Nah, I think someone else may be better suited for that.

Your honesty is appreciated :)

Xaroth
2014-05-11, 07:37 PM
In fact, I can take King Vendrick, though he will probably suck.

Keep in mind that he wields a Greatsword one-handedly and you should be fine.

paperarmor
2014-05-11, 07:45 PM
I'll try Orochi and add Mid-boss from the Disgaea franchise.

Kurald Galain
2014-05-11, 07:56 PM
And taking down an omnipotent character in D&D is maybe just a little different to taking them down in their respective games.

Yes, I'm just curious which of the characters you mean when you talk about omnipotent.

Xaroth
2014-05-11, 07:58 PM
Yes, I'm just curious which of the characters you mean when you talk about omnipotent.

Is "The Creator" not omnipotent?

Angelalex242
2014-05-11, 08:31 PM
Should do Sephiroth too. Monkey Gripped oversized Daikatana, probably with epic feats. Probably jotunbrood just to make Masamune adequately oversized. Size huge on that thing, at least.

Xaroth
2014-05-11, 09:08 PM
Should do Sephiroth too. Monkey Gripped oversized Daikatana, probably with epic feats. Probably jotunbrood just to make Masamune adequately oversized. Size huge on that thing, at least.

Sephiroth has been added.

Malroth
2014-05-11, 09:18 PM
Xeanhort from Kingdomhearts Birth By Sleep

toapat
2014-05-11, 09:35 PM
i wonder if anyone has figured out how to make Arthas in 3.5.

Unholy is basically negative energy magic.
but its the Cold/frost stuff that really we cant deal with without going into homebrew.

Svata
2014-05-11, 09:52 PM
Requesting any of the following; the Avatar of Nix from Persona 3, Izanami from Persona 4, Dr. Nefarious from the Ratchet and Clank series, Grima from Fire Emblem:Awakening, and any or all of the Cobras from MGS3 (The Pain, The Fear, The End, The Fury, The Sorrow, and The Joy (The boss)).

T.G. Oskar
2014-05-11, 10:02 PM
Kefka:

Odd...I don't see him as a Bard, particularly given that his spells are almost always Evocation spells. I see him a bit closer to Warmage or Sorcerer. Agree with Wild Mage, though.

Race should obviously be Human. He eventually ascends to deity, but he's nonetheless starting as a human.

Alignment is very simple: Chaotic Evil. No less, no more.

Class has a variety of options, but the one that I feel would fit him most would be Sorcerer with Fiendish Heritage (and subsequent feats), Stalwart Sorcerer ACF (to give him proficiency with Light or Heavy Flails, his signature weapon) and something to replace his Familiar (or no familiar at all). Alternatively (since the theme fits and it has all the spells he'd normally use), Warmage; he was a former military genius, he's more intelligent than you'd think (just utterly insane), and has devious Charisma despite looking like a clown (or harlequin). Then, I see him taking levels in Wild Mage, with probably a slight detour into Havoc Mage from Miniatures Handbook. If taking all levels in Havoc Mage and then in Wild Mage, he should have CL 18th for his spells, making him a veritable menace.

Spell Selection is somewhat fixed: he's an Evoker, first and foremost. He likes the spells that go boom. Being chaotic, though, he may choose Avasculate as a spell. As a secondary specialty, he might choose, oddly enough, one or two mass buffing spells (Haste, for example), befitting his time as a military commander (the assumption is that he was a Marshal before being infused with Magic, and then his insanity served as a retraining for Sorcerer or Warmage). Finding him a way to cast stuff like Disguise Self is a must, whether as Sorcerer (he can simply take it) or Warmage (harder to add).

Skill Selection would probably shift between the requirements for Wild Mage (Knowledge [arcana], Spellcraft, UMD), Knowledge (architecture and engineering) and Knowledge (history) since those are the skills of military officers, and maybe Bluff and Disguise. Particularly those two: bluffing the Returners into thinking he was captured and using illusions to disguise as Emperor Gestahl definitely fit the bill.

Feat Selection involves getting the requirements for Wild Mage (Magical Aptitude, Metamagic School Focus [evocation]), and maybe the Fiendish Heritage line of feats for extra abilities.

Note, though, that his progression is slow but certain. He starts as a Stalwart Sorcerer or Warmage, then delves into Havoc Mage (which is where you'd find him on the Imperial Camp near Doma or during the fight in Narshe), then he level-grinds into Wild Mage and beyond when he starts capturing Espers. He should be right around 20th level when he ascends by means of the Warring Triad, and by 2 years he probably has a divine rank of 10 or something (the minimum for greater deity, IIRC). His unique powers in the last battle (and the Light of Judgment) are written off as Epic spells.

Note that this is only brainstorming for ideas: this is no specific example of how the build should be made. I just think that, despite his clownish attitude, he's not the Bard type (even with replacing Inspire Courage for Inspire Hatred and stuff like that).

Kurald Galain
2014-05-12, 04:08 AM
Is "The Creator" not omnipotent?

Pretty much, in the same sense that Lavos and Kefka are.

But to suggest something different, how about M. Bison from Street Fighter (alpha 3, so he gets his uber attack) and Shang Tsung from Mortal Kombat (because he's way more interesting to stat than Shao Kahn)? Those guys clearly aren't omnipotent :smallbiggrin: Also, perhaps you could sort the list alphabetically since it's getting long?

137beth
2014-05-12, 04:43 AM

What about the Supreme Being who Rules This Universe...
who was defeated by the Ultimate Lifeform?
A bunch of things from the sonic adventure/shadow the hedgehog series are "invincible"...but not really:smalltongue:

I think I might take a stab at Cackletta (from Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga). She could probably be a sorcerer with magic jar and a bunch of lightning spells...
I'm not sure how to capture the "fight her soul" thing at the end of the game, though. Is there a lich variant that has a phylactery (or similar life-preserving object) inside their body? (Not a demilich, though, it has to be roughly humanoid).

Ansem
2014-05-12, 05:35 AM
Could you list them in the format I did in the original post? It makes it easier for me to add them, and I can't think of the entirety of Organization XIII off by heart, nor do I remember in what games each one is an enemy. Roxas is a protagonist, so he doesn't qualify as a boss.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Organization_XIII#Members

Xaroth
2014-05-12, 06:34 AM
Xeanhort from Kingdomhearts Birth By Sleep

Xehanort has been added.

i wonder if anyone has figured out how to make Arthas in 3.5.

Unholy is basically negative energy magic.
but its the Cold/frost stuff that really we cant deal with without going into homebrew.

What game is Arthas from?

Requesting any of the following; the Avatar of Nix from Persona 3, Izanami from Persona 4, Dr. Nefarious from the Ratchet and Clank series, Grima from Fire Emblem:Awakening, and any or all of the Cobras from MGS3 (The Pain, The Fear, The End, The Fury, The Sorrow, and The Joy (The boss)).

Please read the initial post and format it as requested.

Pretty much, in the same sense that Lavos and Kefka are.

But to suggest something different, how about M. Bison from Street Fighter (alpha 3, so he gets his uber attack) and Shang Tsung from Mortal Kombat (because he's way more interesting to stat than Shao Kahn)? Those guys clearly aren't omnipotent :smallbiggrin: Also, perhaps you could sort the list alphabetically since it's getting long?

I'll begin sorting it alphabetically now, thanks for the suggestion. Could you read the initial post and format them as such, and specify which Mortal Kombat game you're referring to? There are quite a lot of them.

What about the Supreme Being who Rules This Universe...
who was defeated by the Ultimate Lifeform?
A bunch of things from the sonic adventure/shadow the hedgehog series are "invincible"...but not really:smalltongue:

I think I might take a stab at Cackletta (from Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga). She could probably be a sorcerer with magic jar and a bunch of lightning spells...
I'm not sure how to capture the "fight her soul" thing at the end of the game, though. Is there a lich variant that has a phylactery (or similar life-preserving object) inside their body? (Not a demilich, though, it has to be roughly humanoid).

Once again, please read the initial post and format them as such. I'll mark you down as in progress for Cackletta, though.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Organization_XIII#Members

It appears you misread what I asked.

Could you list them in the format I did in the original post?

And specify which game. The Organization members are more powerful in the second KH than in the first, if I remember correctly.

ArcanistSupreme
2014-05-12, 07:15 AM
If you are willing to use homebrew, Prime32 made the Chozo Warrior (http://www.minmaxboards.com/index.php?topic=29.0) class, which covers Dark Samus pretty perfectly.

137beth
2014-05-12, 07:20 AM
Once again, please read the initial post and format them as such.

It wasn't a build request, it was a response to Kurald's comments about pseudo-omnipotence.

Xaroth
2014-05-12, 07:47 AM
If you are willing to use homebrew, Prime32 made the Chozo Warrior (http://www.minmaxboards.com/index.php?topic=29.0) class, which covers Dark Samus pretty perfectly.

Nope, sorry. Going strictly non-homebrew.

Xaroth
2014-05-12, 07:48 AM
It wasn't a build request, it was a response to Kurald's comments about pseudo-omnipotence.

Oh, alright. My bad.

Xaroth
2014-05-12, 08:43 AM
I've been thinking on this for a while, but is The Pursuer a sentient suit of armor or a ghost inside a suit of armor? I can't really tell.

Jergmo
2014-05-12, 08:48 AM
If you want to get technical with Arthas, he's a gestalt.

Arthas himself is a paladin/black guard with an expanded spell list, and could be as simple as a necropolitan. I know that's not as fancy as he could be.

He is gestalted with Nerzhul, who is a necromancer with some evocation, or possibly a sorcerer focused in the two schools.

Xaroth
2014-05-12, 08:51 AM
If you want to get technical with Arthas, he's a gestalt.

Arthas himself is a paladin/black guard with an expanded spell list, and could be as simple as a necropolitan. I know that's not as fancy as he could be.

He is gestalted with Nerzhul, who is a necromancer with some evocation, or possibly a sorcerer focused in the two schools.

John Longarrow
2014-05-12, 08:59 AM

So Gohma Vlitra is an epic, enlarged, maximized, extended (in all the wrong ways) casting of Spiked tentacles of forced intrusion? Looks like something V cast when Epic Evil.

VariSami
2014-05-12, 09:14 AM

Since it seems like no one is going to answer you... Warcraft III. In particular, Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne is likely what many people remember him for. I hear he also made an appearance in World of Warcraft with the Wrath of the Lich King expansion but let us not go there... it is a silly place.

Xaroth
2014-05-12, 09:15 AM
So Gohma Vlitra is an epic, enlarged, maximized, extended (in all the wrong ways) casting of Spiked tentacles of forced intrusion? Looks like something V cast when Epic Evil.

I uh... I think so. It's also something of a planetary infestation. It'd be more accurate to say that Gohma Vlitra is the planet itself, but the evil of the planet can be destroyed without harming the planet.

Also the main face (as well as all of the spiked tentacles as you called them) can all shoot focused, incredibly powerful beams of energy from their mouths.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j804GoWsjN0

EDIT: Video is now Japanese Dub, English Sub.

Xaroth
2014-05-12, 09:25 AM
Since it seems like no one is going to answer you... Warcraft III. In particular, Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne is likely what many people remember him for. I hear he also made an appearance in World of Warcraft with the Wrath of the Lich King expansion but let us not go there... it is a silly place.

Warcraft characters don't seem like they'd be too difficult to create.

toapat
2014-05-12, 09:40 AM
Warcraft characters don't seem like they'd be too difficult to create.

arthas is, because mechanically, Deathknight doesnt translate. Jergmo is technically incorrect, because alot of the Blackguard/Antipaladin abilties dont really match with the abilities for DKs (as DKs in warcraft are battle necromancers, not generic evil)

There is probably some unholy amalgamation you can build that represents them as such, but nothing comes to mind.

Xaroth
2014-05-12, 09:42 AM
It's also something of a planetary infestation. It'd be more accurate to say that Gohma Vlitra is the planet itself, but the evil of the planet can be destroyed without harming the planet.

I did some checking, and it turns out Gohma Vlitra is "the embodiment of the planet's rage".

I'm not sure what to think about this, because that means the planet itself is alive and that Gohma Vlitra is something created by the planet.

Xaroth
2014-05-12, 09:44 AM
arthas is, because mechanically, Deathknight doesnt translate. Jergmo is technically incorrect, because alot of the Blackguard/Antipaladin abilties dont really match with the abilities for DKs (as DKs in warcraft are battle necromancers, not generic evil)

There is probably some unholy amalgamation you can build that represents them as such, but nothing comes to mind.

Hm... I'll look into Arthas, but I'm not going to mark it as in-progress yet.

Jergmo
2014-05-12, 10:00 AM
Well, he could be a cleric. There are domains and spells from Libris Mortis that have Cold spells, and clerics are generally best at commanding hordes of undead (with the exception of Dread Necro.)

Or, for something like Death Coil, he could be a cleric/sorcerer true necromancer, for Finger of Death.

It's not optimal, but the Warcraft RPG has The Lich King statted as a CR 40 monstrosity. He has levels to spare.

Dusk Eclipse
2014-05-12, 10:05 AM

If that is the case then a "Generic" necromancer cleric/Bone knight could work, probably with Divine Magician ACF to cherry pick some spells from the wizard list

Prime32
2014-05-12, 10:10 AM
I've got some Touhou bosses here (http://www.minmaxboards.com/index.php?topic=99.0;msg=303).

Xaroth
2014-05-12, 10:55 AM
I've got some Touhou bosses here (http://www.minmaxboards.com/index.php?topic=99.0;msg=303).

They aren't complete. I'm looking for a full-fledged character sheet.

WeaselGuy
2014-05-12, 11:24 AM
Hm... I'll look into Arthas, but I'm not going to mark it as in-progress yet.

If you don't mind, as someone who's been playing both Warcraft and the World of Warcraft series for over a decade, I'd love to take on Arthas's build...

edit: Although, as Dusk Eclipse said, Arthas would be fine as a basic Human Fallen Paladin/Bone Knight, with a Souldrinker Bastard Sword and a Cursed/Intelligent Artifact Helmet with an Orc Warlock/Sorcerer/Eldritch Theurge's spirit bound to it, that slowly posesses the wearer over time, granting them limited spellcasting potential and the Lord of the Uttercold metamagic feat.

Building that helmet and Nerzhul may be more interesting than building Arthas himself, now that I think about it >.>

Xaroth
2014-05-12, 11:59 AM
If you don't mind, as someone who's been playing both Warcraft and the World of Warcraft series for over a decade, I'd love to take on Arthas's build...

edit: Although, as Dusk Eclipse said, Arthas would be fine as a basic Human Fallen Paladin/Bone Knight, with a Souldrinker Bastard Sword and a Cursed/Intelligent Artifact Helmet with an Orc Warlock/Sorcerer/Eldritch Theurge's spirit bound to it, that slowly posesses the wearer over time, granting them limited spellcasting potential and the Lord of the Uttercold metamagic feat.

Building that helmet and Nerzhul may be more interesting than building Arthas himself, now that I think about it >.>

Go right ahead, I'll mark it as in-progress by you.

toapat
2014-05-12, 12:11 PM

also remember that Frostmourne is part of TFT, not just the armor and Helm of Domination. (although only the helm and sword matter as far as intelligent cursed items are concerned.)

Xaroth
2014-05-12, 12:15 PM
http://i.imgur.com/RXFsQZU.jpg

Chaos Witch Quelaag has been added to the list.

WeaselGuy
2014-05-12, 12:20 PM
also remember that Frostmourne is part of TFT, not just the armor and Helm of Domination. (although only the helm and sword matter as far as intelligent cursed items are concerned.)

Yeah, I was just reading about that too... doing a bit of research before jumping in to the deep end :D

The way I'm seeing it developing is that we'll have a standard Core Paladin, maybe level 7ish, Fall and take a few levels of fighter (indicating both his time in Northrend and when he returns to kill his father) after which he returns to Northrend, acquires the Helmet, takes on the Bone Knight PrC and develops the iconic Bone Armor (which actually fits his theme/persona).

From there, max out Bone Knight, bringing him up to maybe 19 ish, and then... I don't know yet. He's got to be 20+, since he can take on up to 25 "20th level" heroes by himself.

Kazudo
2014-05-12, 12:31 PM
Yeah, I was just reading about that too... doing a bit of research before jumping in to the deep end :D

The way I'm seeing it developing is that we'll have a standard Core Paladin, maybe level 7ish, Fall and take a few levels of fighter (indicating both his time in Northrend and when he returns to kill his father) after which he returns to Northrend, acquires the Helmet, takes on the Bone Knight PrC and develops the iconic Bone Armor (which actually fits his theme/persona).

From there, max out Bone Knight, bringing him up to maybe 19 ish, and then... I don't know yet. He's got to be 20+, since he can take on up to 25 "20th level" heroes by himself.

From an optimization standpoint, a level or so of Blackguard would let you capitalize on those fallen paladin abilities.

WeaselGuy
2014-05-12, 12:36 PM
From an optimization standpoint, a level or so of Blackguard would let you capitalize on those fallen paladin abilities.

Very true... but are we optimizing, or emulating? I don't know that Arthas ever made embraced is Fall, so much as took it in stride, ignored it, and went about his happy-warlock lich possessed-way...

Unless, perhaps, we are optimizing emulated video game characters?

>.>

edit: I think I might actually have to take Blackguard... When a Paladin Falls, he loses all spells and abilities, which means he can no longer turn/rebuke undead, which is required for Bone Knight. So, 3 Blackguard gives me that ability back, and makes more sense than dipping Cleric. That being said, I don't know that I'll do the whole Paladin-level-swaparoo, and instead just take 3 Blackguard. Sub-optimal, definitely, but I feel it will be truer to the character and the concept.

toapat
2014-05-12, 12:48 PM
Very true... but are we optimizing, or emulating? I don't know that Arthas ever made embraced is Fall, so much as took it in stride, ignored it, and went about his happy-warlock lich possessed-way...

>.>

Mechanically, in Warcraft, DK does function like how Blackguard does, so i dont think having paladin be totally replaced by blackguard be that bad.

However, Arthas didnt lose his paladin abilities till after picking up frostmourne. The burning of Strathholm, While damn well not justifiable under any means, was still technically good (Everyone was infected, the only cure is the Miracle spell, the Archbishop (the only casters who could cast Miracle) lives in Stormwind and Tyrande was still a crazy Xenophobic reclusive elf). Sacrificing Muradin and condemning the mercenaries to death, not so much.

Xaroth
2014-05-12, 12:59 PM

>.>

Could you explain what you mean by optimization and emulation? Different people have different definitions.

Kazudo
2014-05-12, 12:59 PM

>.>

edit: I think I might actually have to take Blackguard... When a Paladin Falls, he loses all spells and abilities, which means he can no longer turn/rebuke undead, which is required for Bone Knight. So, 3 Blackguard gives me that ability back, and makes more sense than dipping Cleric. That being said, I don't know that I'll do the whole Paladin-level-swaparoo, and instead just take 3 Blackguard. Sub-optimal, definitely, but I feel it will be truer to the character and the concept.

Well, emulation is one thing, but emulation with optimized effect is another one. Remember, in 3.5e, for the most part fluff is mutable.

RE: Ganondorf (TP edition): I've come to the realization that this specific model of Ganondorf doesn't do a lot in the way of actual spellcasting, being as he doesn't ACTUALLY DO MUCH in this game. With that in mind, the boar transformation is pretty much the only thing he does, and he only really does it once. However, if we assume that it's an ability of his and Link only really lets it happen the once, what we come up with is...

Ex-Barbarian 1 (Whirling Frenzy, Spirit Lion Totem)/Paladin of Tyranny 5/Blackguard 2/Shapeshift Druid 12. This grants access to a form or so (which are refluffed to be pretty much whatever. The Predator Form could be some form of Dire Boar, the flying form could be that dark bat thing he does in Link to the Past. The idea being he Enlarges himself and then swift-action shapeshifts into Predator Form. Otherwise he's not TERRIBLE in combat, and there's nothing saying that his stereotypical black armor has to be metal, in fact it very well could be dragonhide (There was a dragon in the very first game, IIRC).

For race? Desert Half-orc seems to make the most sense.

Thoughts?

PraxisVetli
2014-05-12, 01:03 PM
Dibs qualaag

WeaselGuy
2014-05-12, 01:07 PM
Could you explain what you mean by optimization and emulation? Different people have different definitions.

I would define Emulation as pursuing the goal of creating a character with as close of an approximation of their percieved and demonstrated abilities as possible, and utilizing fluff and background to it's fullest potential.

I would define Optimization as pursuing the goal of creating a character that performs astoundingly well, giving little thought to how the abilities were acquired, just putting them to the best possible use.

As an example, let's consider someone relatively simple, Legolas, the Elf Archer from Lord of the Rings. Emulation may dictate he be a straight fighter, focusing all of his feats on ranged combat. Optimization may look a little more like the sniper build that was posited a few days ago on these forums.

As said earlier, fluff is entirely subjective and mutable, but depending on your goals, it could also be imperative.

TrueJordan
2014-05-12, 01:10 PM
Not technically a boss, but I'd love to see Alex Mercer as a DnD guy... Master Transmorgafist maybe?

Kazudo
2014-05-12, 01:12 PM
I would define Emulation as pursuing the goal of creating a character with as close of an approximation of their percieved and demonstrated abilities as possible, and utilizing fluff and background to it's fullest potential.

I would define Optimization as pursuing the goal of creating a character that performs astoundingly well, giving little thought to how the abilities were acquired, just putting them to the best possible use.

As an example, let's consider someone relatively simple, Legolas, the Elf Archer from Lord of the Rings. Emulation may dictate he be a straight fighter, focusing all of his feats on ranged combat. Optimization may look a little more like the sniper build that was posited a few days ago on these forums.

As said earlier, fluff is entirely subjective and mutable, but depending on your goals, it could also be imperative.

Unfortunately, when translating between media like this, it's kind of difficult to say which is and is not more accurate. Since Legolas wasn't generated with Dungeons and Dragons in mind (in fact, arguably, the other way around) and he debuts both TWF and archery, then it would actually look more like a Ranger who ate a few levels in fighter for the feats first, and it's also possible his stats might not read that he's the stock standard book elf, but maybe some hybrid.

This is, granted, neither here nor there. It's similar to having someone describe a circle to you, but only having straight lines to work with. You can either make a square using the simplest thing to you, or you can work on making the connected straight lines as short as possible to give as close to a circle's feel as you can. Either one could be technically correct depending on criteria given, and neither one of them is going to be a circle, but you can get close without losing much.

EDIT:

Not technically a boss, but I'd love to see Alex Mercer as a DnD guy... Master Transmorgafist maybe?
Druid with the Aspect of Nature ACF crossing into warshaper and finishing off with, probably, master transmografist.

Xaroth
2014-05-12, 01:15 PM
Well, emulation is one thing, but emulation with optimized effect is another one. Remember, in 3.5e, for the most part fluff is mutable.

RE: Ganondorf (TP edition): I've come to the realization that this specific model of Ganondorf doesn't do a lot in the way of actual spellcasting, being as he doesn't ACTUALLY DO MUCH in this game. With that in mind, the boar transformation is pretty much the only thing he does, and he only really does it once. However, if we assume that it's an ability of his and Link only really lets it happen the once, what we come up with is...

Ex-Barbarian 1 (Whirling Frenzy, Spirit Lion Totem)/Paladin of Tyranny 5/Blackguard 2/Shapeshift Druid 12. This grants access to a form or so (which are refluffed to be pretty much whatever. The Predator Form could be some form of Dire Boar, the flying form could be that dark bat thing he does in Link to the Past. The idea being he Enlarges himself and then swift-action shapeshifts into Predator Form. Otherwise he's not TERRIBLE in combat, and there's nothing saying that his stereotypical black armor has to be metal, in fact it very well could be dragonhide (There was a dragon in the very first game, IIRC).

For race? Desert Half-orc seems to make the most sense.

Thoughts?

There's a Dragon in Twilight Princess too, along with wyverns, so it isn't far-fetched at all. However you need to bear in mind that his armor remains unaffected when he shapeshifts, it doesn't fall off or break or anything. Other than that everything is pretty damn good.

Oh, and don't forget the Redhead feat at first level.

Now just build that into an accurate character sheet and Ganondorf will be the first to be complete.

WeaselGuy
2014-05-12, 01:15 PM
Unfortunately, when translating between media like this, it's kind of difficult to say which is and is not more accurate. Since Legolas wasn't generated with Dungeons and Dragons in mind (in fact, arguably, the other way around) and he debuts both TWF and archery, then it would actually look more like a Ranger who ate a few levels in fighter for the feats first, and it's also possible his stats might not read that he's the stock standard book elf, but maybe some hybrid.

This is, granted, neither here nor there. It's similar to having someone describe a circle to you, but only having straight lines to work with. You can either make a square using the simplest thing to you, or you can work on making the connected straight lines as short as possible to give as close to a circle's feel as you can. Either one could be technically correct depending on criteria given, and neither one of them is going to be a circle, but you can get close without losing much.

EDIT:

Druid with the Aspect of Nature ACF crossing into warshaper and finishing off with, probably, master transmografist.

hark, another challenge awaits me... also, in retrospect, picking Legolas wasn't the best choice as an example, but it could still be used to prove my point as the difference between emulation and optimization...

Xaroth
2014-05-12, 01:17 PM

If you're going by the second game in the Prototype series, Alex Mercer is a boss. I may make a separate thread for protagonists.

WeaselGuy
2014-05-12, 01:17 PM
There's a Dragon in Twilight Princess too, along with wyverns, so it isn't far-fetched at all. However you need to bear in mind that his armor remains unaffected when he shapeshifts, it doesn't fall off or break or anything. Other than that everything is pretty damn good.

Now just build that into an accurate character sheet and Ganondorf will be the first to be complete.

Bolded for discussion... The Wild enchantment solves all of your "beastie wearing armor" needs.

Kazudo
2014-05-12, 01:18 PM

Firstly, what is the Redhead feat.

Secondly, the Druid's Shapeshifter ACF states that any equipment worn by the shapeshifter mold into the being's form and are rendered useless for the duration of the shapeshift.

Xaroth
2014-05-12, 01:18 PM
Dibs qualaag

Quelaag, and I'll mark it down as in-progress by you.

Kazudo
2014-05-12, 01:21 PM
Despite everything I mentioned being mostly SRD, I'm AFB concerning the Shapeshifter ACF so I can't draw it up yet, but please put me down as working on it. I'll get it in some kind of statblock format at some point and post it up. I may also find other things to slap on to give it the right feel. I was going to use Deathless, but it's not really a template so much as a character type if I'm not mistaken. He IS the avatar of Din to the best of my knowledge and has been alive a REALLY long time despite being, yaknow, slain so many times.

Xaroth
2014-05-12, 01:26 PM
Firstly, what is the Redhead feat.

Secondly, the Druid's Shapeshifter ACF states that any equipment worn by the shapeshifter mold into the being's form and are rendered useless for the duration of the shapeshift.

I was meaning it more as a joke than anything, but it's from Tome of Feats p.37

Red Head [General]

According to folklore of some domains, people born with red hair have been marked by the fey.
Prerequisite: Wisdom 11+
Benefit: Choose one 1st-level or two 0-level druid spells. The spell (or orisons) must be chosen when the feat is taken and cannot be changed later. You can cast this spell (or each orison) once a day, as a druid equals to your character level. Like a druid, you must select a time of day when you regain the spell, but you do not need to spend time preparing it. This is a spell-like ability.
Special: You may take this feat only at the beginning of the game. You don't need to take this feat to have red hair, but you do need to be born a redhead to take this feat.

Xaroth
2014-05-12, 01:33 PM

Then we're emulating, and then optimizing. I'm trying to get it as accurate to them in-game as possible while still being incredibly powerful, but not beyond their actual possibilities. I want them at their maximum capabilities.

Xaroth
2014-05-12, 01:40 PM
http://media1.gameinformer.com/imagefeed/featured/activision/prototype/prototype2/prototype20421ps.jpg

Alex Mercer (Prototype 2) has been added to the list.

http://xboxoz360.files.wordpress.com/2011/11/shadow-of-the-colossus-screenshots-oxcgn-1.jpg

The Final Colossus (Shadow of the Colossus) has been added to the list.

PraxisVetli
2014-05-12, 01:56 PM
What CR are we going for here?

Xaroth
2014-05-12, 02:31 PM
What CR are we going for here?

A CR that would be accurate for the boss, I guess.

Xaroth
2014-05-12, 03:34 PM
http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110928200151/wowwiki/images/thumb/8/87/Deathwing_Cataclysm_3.jpg/451px-Deathwing_Cataclysm_3.jpg

Deathwing (World of Warcraft: Cataclysm) has been added to the list.

WeaselGuy
2014-05-12, 03:44 PM
http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110928200151/wowwiki/images/thumb/8/87/Deathwing_Cataclysm_3.jpg/451px-Deathwing_Cataclysm_3.jpg

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20111217122014/wow/nl/images/8/8d/Illidan_Stormrage_Raneman.jpg

might as well do Illidan Stormrage as well, WoW:The Burning Crusade

toapat
2014-05-12, 03:54 PM

Cataclysm Deathwing is a significantly worse villian then Warcraft 2 deathwing. hes weaker, harder to hurt, and less Magnificent bastard and more Megalomaniac.

Illidan is actually a protagonist. He has a horrible wis score but hes normally trying to do the right thing.

WeaselGuy
2014-05-12, 03:58 PM
Cataclysm Deathwing is a significantly worse villian then Warcraft 2 deathwing. hes weaker, harder to hurt, and less Magnificent bastard and more Megalomaniac.

Illidan is actually a protagonist. He has a horrible wis score but hes normally trying to do the right thing.

In WC3, yeah, Illidan is a protagonist... but in WoW:TBC, he is most definitely a villain, utilizing fel orcs, naga, demons and Kael'thas's blood elves to wage war on Draenor and attempting to use the Dark Portal in order to attack Azeroth.

edit: I do agree though that in general, and for the vast majority of his life, he lived a misunderstood existence, and operated under the guise of "the ends justify the means". In his defense, he was exiled, and then when the Azerothians attempted to reclaim Draenor, he struck back in defense of his adopted homeland... wow, the more I type, the more I start to disagree with myself...

Let's just operate under the understanding that a video game villain is the bad guy that you have to defeat, and then Illidan fits the criteria.

toapat
2014-05-12, 04:03 PM
In WC3, yeah, Illidan is a protagonist... but in WoW:TBC, he is most definitely a villain, utilizing fel orcs, naga, demons and Kael'thas's blood elves to wage war on Draenor and attempting to use the Dark Portal in order to attack Azeroth.

So? the most generous Wis Score id give Illidan is a 6, and thats only when within 20' of Tyrande. We also never get to see TBC from the side of Illidan, so we never know his own intentions.

LentilNinja
2014-05-12, 04:04 PM
He's not a "boss" but Dormammu in UMVC3 would be great to see. I'm sure Hellfire Warlock w/ Eldritch Cone or whatever would suffice for DEMONIC FLAMES!

Xaroth
2014-05-12, 04:21 PM
He's not a "boss" but Dormammu in UMVC3 would be great to see. I'm sure Hellfire Warlock w/ Eldritch Cone or whatever would suffice for DEMONIC FLAMES!

Yeah, I think I'm gonna make a separate thread for Video Game protagonists (by which I mean characters you can play as regardless of their goals).

Xaroth
2014-05-12, 04:22 PM
http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20111217122014/wow/nl/images/8/8d/Illidan_Stormrage_Raneman.jpg

Added Illidan Stormrage.

Xaroth
2014-05-12, 04:25 PM

I assumed people would be more familiar with the Cataclysm version than the Warcraft 2 version, and as such would be more likely to be worked on by somebody.

ShadowFireLance
2014-05-12, 04:27 PM
Jot me down as Alex Mercer, and how about kalameet? (Dark Souls)

WeaselGuy
2014-05-12, 04:33 PM
Thinking about Illidan, I can kind of see the Daggerspell Mage working for him, with it being refluffed to represent his use of the Warglaives... He did start out as a Wizard (really more of a Sorcerer in D&D terms) and then became a Demon Hunter... Maybe Powerful Build Moon Elf with the Half-Fiend template, Sorcerer/Rogue/Daggerspell(fluffed) Mage?

Xaroth
2014-05-12, 04:54 PM
Jot me down as Alex Mercer, and how about kalameet? (Dark Souls)

Done so.

http://darksouls.wiki.fextralife.com/file/view/Black-Dragon-Kalameet.jpg/477295780/400x466/Black-Dragon-Kalameet.jpg

Kalameet (Dark Souls) has been added to the list.

Xaroth
2014-05-12, 04:59 PM
A thread for Video Game protagonists as D&D characters can now be found here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?348173-Video-Game-protagonists-as-D-amp-D-characters&p=17456391).

PraxisVetli
2014-05-12, 05:59 PM
Well what CR would we think Qualaag to be?
10-15?

Xaroth
2014-05-12, 06:12 PM
Well what CR would we think Qualaag to be?
10-15?

I think Quelaag would be a 15 at least, what with the massive damage her attacks do.

LentilNinja
2014-05-12, 06:31 PM
Heres a few I'd like to see (will try building when I get time, too. Will get back to you on that):

Wesker (Resident Evil)
Shao-Khan (Mortal Kombat)
Shredder (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles)
Akuma (Street Fighter)
M Bison (Street Fighter)

Angelalex242
2014-05-12, 06:37 PM
I never expected to see 'Sephiroth, Kingdom Hearts 1...'

It's not like there's, oh, I dunno...

Sephiroth, FFVII CC, Sephiroth, FFVII, Sephiroth FFVII-AC

And on top of that, Sephiroth, KH1 and Sephiroth, KH2.

LentilNinja
2014-05-12, 06:46 PM

I don't know much about CC.
I dunno the possibility of him from FF7, since as a party member he never misses and always crits. He also knows Resurrection, Cure (the highest level) wounds, and the strongest Lightning, Ice, and Fire spell.
AC Sephiroth just fights like a BAMF for a few minutes.
And then theres KH2 Sephiroth. The amount of **** he gets between lots of projectiles, flaming pillars, raining meteors, etc.

Xaroth
2014-05-12, 07:12 PM

I'm avoiding list duplicates and KH1 Sephiroth has an attack that drains you of all but 1 hit point, and drains all MP (not sure what the D&D equivalent of MP is) but it's something I'd love to see re-created in D&D.

I've also never played any of those games other than the two Kingdom Hearts.

Xaroth
2014-05-12, 07:17 PM
Heres a few I'd like to see (will try building when I get time, too. Will get back to you on that):

Wesker (Resident Evil)
Shao-Khan (Mortal Kombat)
Shredder (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles)
Akuma (Street Fighter)
M Bison (Street Fighter)

Please try to read all of the initial post and follow its instructions.

If there's a recurring boss in a game series (i.e. Bowser), please specify which game in the series.

Bluydee
2014-05-12, 08:05 PM
Got it:

King Vendrick

Half-Ogre (http://dndtools.eu/races/races-of-destiny--81/half-ogre--11/) Gheden (http://www.realmshelps.net/monsters/templates/half-undead.shtml)

2 Fighter/3 Barbarian/10 War Hulk

Assume 36 point-buy
Str: 46
Dex: 16
Int: 1
Charisma: 2
Wis: 8
Con: 18

Vendrick's exile and slow transformation into a giant from Nashandra's meddling caused him to hollow and lose his sanity and mentality, but his strength and reflexes stayed as sharp as ever.

Feats:
1:Dodge, Power Attack, Cleave, Monkey Grip
2:Improved Bull rush
3:Knockback
6:Awesome Blow
9:Large and in Charge
12:Combat Reflexes
15:Karmic Strike

He has a permanent Enlarge Person cast on him, and wears strongarm bracers. Thusly, he wields a Gargantuan greatsword in one hand or a Colossal greatsword in two. Note that if someone rules that Monkey Grip and Strongarm Bracers don’t stack, then get rid of one or the other and use a slightly smaller sword.

This build is just knockback cheese. When power attacking, you can hit someone and bull rush them as well as Awesome Blow, and this gets to apply to AoOs as well. This also works for Mighty Swings too. If an enemy comes near you, you get a hit like this again.

I set this at 15 since I couldn’t think of any other classes for flavor, although you could probably fit in 7 levels of another class with full BaB and bump down War Hulk to 8 to get Robilar's Gambit for more abuse.

CR 17, I believe.

Xaroth
2014-05-12, 08:10 PM
Got it:

King Vendrick

Half-Ogre (http://dndtools.eu/races/races-of-destiny--81/half-ogre--11/) Gheden (http://www.realmshelps.net/monsters/templates/half-undead.shtml)

2 Fighter/3 Barbarian/10 War Hulk

Assume 36 point-buy
Str: 46
Dex: 16
Int: 1
Charisma: 2
Wis: 8
Con: 18

Vendrick's exile and slow transformation into a giant from Nashandra's meddling caused him to hollow and lose his sanity and mentality, but his strength and reflexes stayed as sharp as ever.

Feats:
1:Dodge, Power Attack, Cleave, Monkey Grip
2:Improved Bull rush
3:Knockback
6:Awesome Blow
9:Large and in Charge
12:Combat Reflexes
15:Karmic Strike

He has a permanent Enlarge Person cast on him, and wears strongarm bracers. Thusly, he wields a Gargantuan greatsword in one hand or a Colossal greatsword in two. Note that if someone rules that Monkey Grip and Strongarm Bracers don’t stack, then get rid of one or the other and use a slightly smaller sword.

This build is just knockback cheese. When power attacking, you can hit someone and bull rush them as well as Awesome Blow, and this gets to apply to AoOs as well. This also works for Mighty Swings too. If an enemy comes near you, you get a hit like this again.

I set this at 15 since I couldn’t think of any other classes for flavor, although you could probably fit in 7 levels of another class with full BaB and bump down War Hulk to 8 to get Robilar's Gambit for more abuse.

CR 17, I believe.

That's awesome, first complete one!

paperarmor
2014-05-12, 08:34 PM
ok so the hardest thing was to try and find a way to give the creature an earthquake ability native to the creature I wound up having to break down and use the Kaiju template from Dragon 289 and it got kind of Involved I'm not gonna post the whole thing right now but here's the gist
8 Headed Kaiju Half Crystal, Red, Green, Shadow, Blue, and Taterian Dragon Cyrohydra
gets all the breath weapons if you refluff the green's acid gas as poison and cold as water Kaiju template gives the earthquake ability.
Abilities: Str 87, Dec 12, Con 42, Int 2, Wis 10, Cha 41.

Svata
2014-05-12, 10:58 PM
Sorry I didn't post in the right format last time.
The Cobras (Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater)
Izanami (Persona 4)

I might do Grima or Dr. Nefarious

Grey Watcher
2014-05-12, 11:23 PM
Ooooh, can you do Golbez from FFIV? (Yeah, I know Zemus/Zeromus in the final boss, but come on, you know you think of that organ music first.)

AlanBruce
2014-05-13, 12:30 AM
I hope I'm not too late, but is anyone acquainted with a game called Bayonetta? Came out in 2010 and it has some amazing bosses. Very over the top action.

The bosses I'd like to see done from that game: Fortitudo, Temeprantia, Iustitia, Sapientia, and Jubileus, the Creator.

Xaroth
2014-05-13, 09:19 AM
I hope I'm not too late, but is anyone acquainted with a game called Bayonetta? Came out in 2010 and it has some amazing bosses. Very over the top action.

The bosses I'd like to see done from that game: Fortitudo, Temeprantia, Iustitia, Sapientia, and Jubileus, the Creator.

Could you please post it in the format given in the original post?

Please list the bosses in the format:

[Boss name] ([Game])

Taking a new line for each boss.

Xaroth
2014-05-13, 09:32 AM
Ooooh, can you do Golbez from FFIV? (Yeah, I know Zemus/Zeromus in the final boss, but come on, you know you think of that organ music first.)

Golbez has been added to the list.

Xaroth
2014-05-13, 09:33 AM
Sorry I didn't post in the right format last time.
The Cobras (Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater)
Izanami (Persona 4)

I might do Grima or Dr. Nefarious

Dr. Nefarious, Grima, Izanami, and The Cobras have all been added to the list.

Xaroth
2014-05-13, 09:49 AM
http://i.imgur.com/898nyjA.png

Darklurker (Dark Souls 2) has been added to the list.

PraxisVetli
2014-05-13, 10:49 AM
A CR 15-17 Qualaag will be posted tonight.

Kazudo
2014-05-13, 11:01 AM
Ditto for a 20 level Ganondorf build.

Then I'd get started on one of the Okami builds I requested, but I'm not sure which of those to do, so I may go into Bowser next, probably using the more intelligent Super Mario Galaxy version...So Thrallherd would probably be a thing, with his Thrall being Bowser Jr., and his cohorts being...well...goombas. And other such shenanigans, each with leadership. So, you know, an army.

Which would mean Bowser would be a Psion. Which makes sense in hindsight. So I'd imagine something to the effect of some psionic class X/Pyrokineticist 3 (for the fireball thing) Thrallherd 9. Would consider 10 if I could figure out who his second Thrall would be. I need at least 5 levels of Psionic Warrior to qualify for Pyrokineticist and Thrallherd, plus being able to manifest Mindlink, so the Expanded Knowledge feat ASAP would be a necessity. Which means with PsyWar 5/Pyrokineticist 3/Thrallherd 9, I'd have 3 levels to work with for RHD, and (assuming a 20th level build), 3 LA can be bought off during the build. So what race with a Level Adjustment And/Or Racial HD of no more than three each would Bowser be?

EDIT: The Dragonborn template with the Heart Aspect would fit in rather well here save for the fact that Bowser's probably Lawful Evil if not (by a REALLY big stretch) Lawful Neutral. He doesn't want to destroy the world, just rule it. With Peach by his side. Well, unless that's not really a prerequisite and I'm just a moron.

EDIT 2: So, refluffing Dragonborn since deities aren't really a thing in the Marioverse, much less Bahamut. Put it on him, then the Mineral Warrior template (Since he does like his ground pounds). This leaves me thinking some kind of Anthropomorphic Creature (Some kind of Turtle maybe).

Svata
2014-05-13, 12:08 PM
Grima is shaping up to be a Xorvintaal Half-Fiend Great Wyrm++++ Red Dragon (He's actually a black dragon in game, but he needs to be colossal+, as the battlefield of the final battle is HIS BACK, and red dragon fits him better mechanically). So his CR is approximately RUN.

Buufreak
2014-05-13, 12:18 PM
Omega Ridley (Metroid Prime 3)
Sarah Kerrigan, Primal Queen of Blades (Star Craft II: Heart of the Swarm)

Trying to think of more to contribute, but lets see what can be done with these.

AlanBruce
2014-05-13, 12:22 PM
Could you please post it in the format given in the original post?

[Fortitudo] ([Bayonetta])

[Temperantia] ([Bayonetta])

[Iustitia] ([Bayonetta])

[Sapientia] ([Bayonetta])

[Father Balder]) ([Bayonetta])

[Jubileus, the Creator] ([Bayonetta])

I apologize if the format wasn't right the first time. Hope they go through now. :smallsmile:

Kazudo
2014-05-13, 12:39 PM
Omega Ridley (Metroid Prime 3)

Pretty simple, some kind of Dragon, maybe with a willing deformity or some kind of grafts.

WeaselGuy
2014-05-13, 12:44 PM
Illidan Stormrage

CN Moon Elf / Half-Fiend

Battle Sorcerer 6/Sneak Attack Fighter 1/Dragonslayer (refluffed - Demon Hunter) 1/Unseen Seer 1/Daggerspell Mage (refluffed - Warglaives) 10/Abjurant Champion 1

36 Point Buy
Str - 14 +4(fiend)+2(Size) = 20
Dex - 16 +2(elf)+4(fiend)-2(size) = 20
Con - 14 -2(elf)+2(fiend)+2(level) = 16
Int - 12 +4(fiend) = 16
Wis - 10
Cha - 15 +2(fiend)+3(level) = 20

Feats
Otyugh Hole - Iron Will
1 - Dodge
3 - Exotic Weapon Proficiency (Warglaive)
6 - Weapon Focus (Warglaive)
9 - Two Weapon Fighting
12 - Combat Casting
15 - Craven
18 - Improved Two Weapon Fighting

Permanent Enlarge Person, Arcane Sight

HP: 8+5d8+3d10+1d4+10d6+60= ~144
BAB of 14/9/4, Base saves of Fort 9/Ref 9/Will 18(20 with Iron Will)
5d6+20 Sneak Attack
CL 18
Certainly not the greatest Sneak Attack Gish build ever, but I think it captures the essence of Illidan fairly well... He is portrayed as a sorcerer and a warrior, that dual wields his iconic Warglaives in combat.
I also think his 10,000 years imprisoned after the events at Mt Hyjal probably qualify him for the Otyugh Hole bonus feat.

I don't really know what kind of gear to give him beyond his warglaives. I imagine they probably have Keen, Throwing and Returning, and probably Demon-Bane properties. In the pictures, he usually just has on a blindfold, pants, and a belt, bare-chested with tattoos. His blindfold IC is just meant to hide the fiery orbs that replaced his eyes, which grant him Arcane Sight and the power to sense nearby demons. If I had to pick a belt for him, it would be the ubiquitous Belt of Magnificence +6. Aren't there magic tattoos that you can get in DnD as well? They specifically enhance his arcane powers, so anything that either increases caster level or save dc's of his spell would probably be appropriate.

Ionbound
2014-05-13, 12:45 PM
If you're still taking suggestions:

Nyx (Persona 3)

Kazudo
2014-05-13, 12:59 PM

Nyx (Persona 3)

Nyx might fall under "Elder Evil" territory, which would end up with us statting out Nyx Avatar instead, and Izanami-no-Okami would leave someone tangling with Divine ranks, since she really is a deity.

Xaroth
2014-05-13, 02:23 PM

Nyx (Persona 3)

There's no time limit on suggestions, for as long as people suggest them I'll add them to the list :)

If I may ask, what's the difference between Izanami and Izanami-no-Okami?

Xaroth
2014-05-13, 02:31 PM
Illidan Stormrage

CN Moon Elf / Half-Fiend

Battle Sorcerer 6/Sneak Attack Fighter 1/Dragonslayer (refluffed - Demon Hunter) 1/Unseen Seer 1/Daggerspell Mage (refluffed - Warglaives) 10/Abjurant Champion 1

36 Point Buy
Str - 14 +4(fiend)+2(Size) = 20
Dex - 16 +2(elf)+4(fiend)-2(size) = 20
Con - 14 -2(elf)+2(fiend)+2(level) = 16
Int - 12 +4(fiend) = 16
Wis - 10
Cha - 15 +2(fiend)+3(level) = 20

Feats
Otyugh Hole - Iron Will
1 - Dodge
3 - Exotic Weapon Proficiency (Warglaive)
6 - Weapon Focus (Warglaive)
9 - Two Weapon Fighting
12 - Combat Casting
15 - Craven
18 - Improved Two Weapon Fighting

Permanent Enlarge Person, Arcane Sight

HP: 8+5d8+3d10+1d4+10d6+60= ~144
BAB of 14/9/4, Base saves of Fort 9/Ref 9/Will 18(20 with Iron Will)
5d6+20 Sneak Attack
CL 18
Certainly not the greatest Sneak Attack Gish build ever, but I think it captures the essence of Illidan fairly well... He is portrayed as a sorcerer and a warrior, that dual wields his iconic Warglaives in combat.
I also think his 10,000 years imprisoned after the events at Mt Hyjal probably qualify him for the Otyugh Hole bonus feat.

I don't really know what kind of gear to give him beyond his warglaives. I imagine they probably have Keen, Throwing and Returning, and probably Demon-Bane properties. In the pictures, he usually just has on a blindfold, pants, and a belt, bare-chested with tattoos. His blindfold IC is just meant to hide the fiery orbs that replaced his eyes, which grant him Arcane Sight and the power to sense nearby demons. If I had to pick a belt for him, it would be the ubiquitous Belt of Magnificence +6. Aren't there magic tattoos that you can get in DnD as well? They specifically enhance his arcane powers, so anything that either increases caster level or save dc's of his spell would probably be appropriate.

Awesome, I'll mark it down as complete. And yes, I believe they're monk tattoos.

Xaroth
2014-05-13, 02:34 PM
Ditto for a 20 level Ganondorf build.

Then I'd get started on one of the Okami builds I requested, but I'm not sure which of those to do, so I may go into Bowser next, probably using the more intelligent Super Mario Galaxy version...So Thrallherd would probably be a thing, with his Thrall being Bowser Jr., and his cohorts being...well...goombas. And other such shenanigans, each with leadership. So, you know, an army.

Which would mean Bowser would be a Psion. Which makes sense in hindsight. So I'd imagine something to the effect of some psionic class X/Pyrokineticist 3 (for the fireball thing) Thrallherd 9. Would consider 10 if I could figure out who his second Thrall would be. I need at least 5 levels of Psionic Warrior to qualify for Pyrokineticist and Thrallherd, plus being able to manifest Mindlink, so the Expanded Knowledge feat ASAP would be a necessity. Which means with PsyWar 5/Pyrokineticist 3/Thrallherd 9, I'd have 3 levels to work with for RHD, and (assuming a 20th level build), 3 LA can be bought off during the build. So what race with a Level Adjustment And/Or Racial HD of no more than three each would Bowser be?

EDIT: The Dragonborn template with the Heart Aspect would fit in rather well here save for the fact that Bowser's probably Lawful Evil if not (by a REALLY big stretch) Lawful Neutral. He doesn't want to destroy the world, just rule it. With Peach by his side. Well, unless that's not really a prerequisite and I'm just a moron.

EDIT 2: So, refluffing Dragonborn since deities aren't really a thing in the Marioverse, much less Bahamut. Put it on him, then the Mineral Warrior template (Since he does like his ground pounds). This leaves me thinking some kind of Anthropomorphic Creature (Some kind of Turtle maybe).

Shell armor with Spikes, perhaps?

WeaselGuy
2014-05-13, 02:34 PM
Awesome, I'll mark it down as complete. And yes, I believe they're monk tattoos.

I know about the tattoos from the Tattooed Monk PrC, it was the first character I ever played... But, in the Magic Items Compendium, I'm pretty sure there are some form of magical tattoos that one can apply on themselves...

Xaroth
2014-05-13, 02:35 PM
[Fortitudo] ([Bayonetta])

[Temperantia] ([Bayonetta])

[Iustitia] ([Bayonetta])

[Sapientia] ([Bayonetta])

[Father Balder]) ([Bayonetta])

[Jubileus, the Creator] ([Bayonetta])

I apologize if the format wasn't right the first time. Hope they go through now. :smallsmile:

All have been added to the list :)

Xaroth
2014-05-13, 02:37 PM
I know about the tattoos from the Tattooed Monk PrC, it was the first character I ever played... But, in the Magic Items Compendium, I'm pretty sure there are some form of magical tattoos that one can apply on themselves...

Well I did a search through the MI Compendium's pdf for "tattoo" and got no matches whatsoever.

WeaselGuy
2014-05-13, 02:53 PM
Well I did a search through the MI Compendium's pdf for "tattoo" and got no matches whatsoever.

yeah, I must be losing my mind... I could've sworn there was something like that somewhere other than the tattood monk

edit: I did find the Create Magical Tattoo spell, which when used by a 13th level caster can grant a +1 caster level, +2 in an ability score, or spell resistance 10+(1 per 6 caster levels)

Kazudo
2014-05-13, 02:56 PM
Spell Compendium, I believe, has a spell called "Craft Magic Tattoo".

EDIT: Drat. Ran across a problem with my intended Ganondorf build with alignment. Forgot druids have to have a neutral aspect, and Paladins of Tyranny must always maintain Lawful Evil. If I can work a way around that small issue then this'll be incredibly accurate.

Xaroth
2014-05-13, 03:11 PM
http://www.gamemanx.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/god-of-war-3-hades.jpg

Hades (God of War III) has been added to the list.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/7/74798/1684264-zeus.jpg

Zeus (God of War III) has been added to the list.

Svata
2014-05-13, 03:19 PM
There's no time limit on suggestions, for as long as people suggest them I'll add them to the list :)

If I may ask, what's the difference between Izanami and Izanami-no-Okami?

Essentially? Which phase of the boss fight it is. Also, Izanami-no-Okami has a no save, just die attack that was overcome by the protagonist having control of her opposite number, Izanagi-no-Okami, and being saved by the bonds he had made through the game's social links (In other words, Plot armor). Everyone got better after the fact, though. Oh, and it can be overcome by someone shoving the target out of the way, taking the hit for themselves.

Svata
2014-05-13, 03:22 PM
Spell Compendium, I believe, has a spell called "Craft Magic Tattoo".

EDIT: Drat. Ran across a problem with my intended Ganondorf build with alignment. Forgot druids have to have a neutral aspect, and Paladins of Tyranny must always maintain Lawful Evil. If I can work a way around that small issue then this'll be incredibly accurate.

All I can think of off the top of my head is replacing one or he other with Blackguard or Wildshape Ranger, respectively.

Kazudo
2014-05-13, 04:39 PM
Well, the build I'm working on that's pretty much done is

Ex-Barbarian 2/Paladin of Tyranny 6/Blackguard 2/Wildshape Ranger 7/Master of Many Forms 3.

Wildshape Ranger has this nasty thing saying "Medium or Small animals only", which Master of Many Forms gets around. Plus, no alignment issues.

The thing is, I'm using an interpretation I was reading about (or was told about, whatever) that Ganondorf by the time he hits Twilight Princess is actually undead, having been killed in Ocarina of Time and then resurrected by the will of the Triforce of Power (and his wish to rule Hyrule forever). Hence needing to be imprisoned. So I'm using

Double Evolved Spellstitched Necropolitan Desert Half-Orc. The Necropolitan bit is refluffed. This is ending up with a LOT of complicated mechanics, fitting a guy whom the Gods themselves are having trouble keeping down. As a result of which I have a pretty nice build stub going, but nothing else.

I'm also writing him as a TWF combatant (due to his combat style as Ganon in OoT and as Ganondorf again in WW, making me think that it's just a thing for him) but for the statblock he'll just have a +5 Unholy Keen Bastard Sword to showcase the white sword he fights with in Twilight Princess.

For the boar form, Wild Shape (Large) into a Dire Boar and then Enlarge Person to become huge (since, I believe, he remains humanoid during Necropolitan in addition to being undead and even during Wild Shape, since you retain your original type during that. Aside from that, the Spell-Likes from Spellstitched would kick in to do things like Ethereal Jaunt, Blink, Dominate Person, etc.

...Yeah.

DarkEternal
2014-05-13, 04:44 PM
Emperor Barbarossa from the first Suikoden game? Something that will give him magic immunity(Conqueror true rune) and make him a really strong three headed dragon.

Xaroth
2014-05-13, 05:09 PM
ok so the hardest thing was to try and find a way to give the creature an earthquake ability native to the creature I wound up having to break down and use the Kaiju template from Dragon 289 and it got kind of Involved I'm not gonna post the whole thing right now but here's the gist
8 Headed Kaiju Half Crystal, Red, Green, Shadow, Blue, and Taterian Dragon Cyrohydra
gets all the breath weapons if you refluff the green's acid gas as poison and cold as water Kaiju template gives the earthquake ability.
Abilities: Str 87, Dec 12, Con 42, Int 2, Wis 10, Cha 41.

How would one achieve the multiple dragon heads? I'm thinking of having my Gold Dragon in the campaign I'm in gain multiple heads, each of a different dragon type.

paperarmor
2014-05-13, 07:02 PM
How would one achieve the multiple dragon heads? I'm thinking of having my Gold Dragon in the campaign I'm in gain multiple heads, each of a different dragon type.

You can use the Multiheaded Template found here (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/mm/20020621a) and apply the half dragon template for whatever other dragon types you want to get to extra breath weapons and immunities as well as more ability adjustments the Hydra wound up with +48 Str +12Con +12 Int (overwritten by Kaiju) +12 Cha with the template applied six times.

Xaroth
2014-05-13, 10:44 PM
You can use the Multiheaded Template found here (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/mm/20020621a) and apply the half dragon template for whatever other dragon types you want to get to extra breath weapons and immunities as well as more ability adjustments the Hydra wound up with +48 Str +12Con +12 Int (overwritten by Kaiju) +12 Cha with the template applied six times.

Oh, I didn't know that existed. Thanks!

shadowseve
2014-05-14, 01:03 AM
Ganondorf would be so full of win. Man I love me some Zelda.

Xaroth
2014-05-14, 10:03 AM
Ganondorf would be so full of win. Man I love me some Zelda.

I think Ganondorf will be done soon, check back tonight and it might be done.

Kazudo
2014-05-14, 10:19 AM
He's done, I'm just filling in the Spell-Like Abilities section now. The way I built him he has >9000.

Would most agree with my reading (both in optimization and accuracy) that Ganondorf by this point is some form of evil undead, in a similar vein to a Lich?

Dusk Eclipse
2014-05-14, 11:39 AM
Undead, maybe I hadn't thought of it, but it does kinda fit. Lich? Not so much, he doesn't really have a Phylactery or something even remotely similar.

Kazudo
2014-05-14, 11:49 AM
Undead, maybe I hadn't thought of it, but it does kinda fit. Lich? Not so much, he doesn't really have a Phylactery or something even remotely similar.

The Triforce of Power perhaps.

Either way, his wish was probably something along the lines of "Rule Hyrule forever", and since the Triforce is basically an artifact which grants wishes (along with some additional shenanigans per piece), when he died in Ocarina of Time (crushed under his own tower), the piece he had was continuing to grant his wish and brought him back as undead.

Though I may be stretching it just a bit. Otherwise he ends up being a pretty flat easy Ex-Barbarian 2/Paladin of Tyranny 6/Blackguard 3/Wild Shape Ranger 6/Master of Many Forms 3.

Dusk Eclipse
2014-05-14, 11:51 AM
That sounds more like one of the curses from Heroes of Horror, besides isn't Ganon a separate entity from Ganondorf?

Kazudo
2014-05-14, 12:04 PM
That sounds more like one of the curses from Heroes of Horror, besides isn't Ganon a separate entity from Ganondorf?

Depends on interpretation. I haven't read the Word of God on it, but I believe that they're the same individual just, yaknow, bigger.

And in future iterations (assuming OoT is the second game in the series, while all other games happen at some point afterwards), Ganondorf is shown to still be a fairly active thing, just...yaknow, not always in semi-human form. The pig-monster form he picks is one of the more dominant ones, but he also changes form into a big evil flying bat of doom in Link to the Past (and mid-boss fight at that), and there's that righteous transformation in TP that he does.

Reading him as a Wildshaper makes the most sense, IMHO, since with Master of Many Forms he'd also get the ability to turn into a Large Monstrous Humanoid, etc.

The only reason the undead templates were being layered on is essentially to explain away a few things. Like, for example, mind-dominating Zelda and doing a lot of illusory things as well as the strange etchings in what little visible flesh we see in TP obviously fitting the Spellstitched's ability to give Spell likes per day (which is really what his abilities look like, not just, yaknow, vancian magic or psionics).

In other news, Bowser is a psion in my interpretation. The problem is I'm still having trouble finding a race for him. Anthropomorphic Animal from SS with the Mineral Warrior and Dragonborn templates layered on (refluffing Dragonborn to fit of course) and if need be permanent enlarged person. If I could just find an entry for, say, a giant sea turtle or something it would work beautifully.

Dusk Eclipse
2014-05-14, 12:07 PM
There is the Dire Tortoise in Sandstorm IIRC and you can probably find stats for other turtles in Stormwrack

WeaselGuy
2014-05-14, 12:08 PM
Depends on interpretation. I haven't read the Word of God on it, but I believe that they're the same individual just, yaknow, bigger.

And in future iterations (assuming OoT is the second game in the series, while all other games happen at some point afterwards), Ganondorf is shown to still be a fairly active thing, just...yaknow, not always in semi-human form. The pig-monster form he picks is one of the more dominant ones, but he also changes form into a big evil flying bat of doom in Link to the Past (and mid-boss fight at that), and there's that righteous transformation in TP that he does.

Reading him as a Wildshaper makes the most sense, IMHO, since with Master of Many Forms he'd also get the ability to turn into a Large Monstrous Humanoid, etc.

The only reason the undead templates were being layered on is essentially to explain away a few things. Like, for example, mind-dominating Zelda and doing a lot of illusory things as well as the strange etchings in what little visible flesh we see in TP obviously fitting the Spellstitched's ability to give Spell likes per day (which is really what his abilities look like, not just, yaknow, vancian magic or psionics).

In other news, Bowser is a psion in my interpretation. The problem is I'm still having trouble finding a race for him. Anthropomorphic Animal from SS with the Mineral Warrior and Dragonborn templates layered on (refluffing Dragonborn to fit of course) and if need be permanent enlarged person. If I could just find an entry for, say, a giant sea turtle or something it would work beautifully.

what about a dragon turtle (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/dragonTurtle.htm)?

Dusk Eclipse
2014-05-14, 12:12 PM
Too big, if we assume 3d Mario to be normal (if slightly short) human and thus of medium size category, Bowser can't be bigger than a Large creature (giga Bowser on the other hand...)

Kazudo
2014-05-14, 12:13 PM
I considered Dragon Turtle too, but firstly it has too many RHD to be an incredibly viable 20 level build, and secondly the fluff (while I'm all about editing that) isn't really great. The abilities don't match up at all.

Zombimode
2014-05-14, 12:14 PM
Endbosses from games I would be interested in:

Jonleth Irenicus in a way that isn't just a lazy Wizard 25 but a build that does him justice (Baldur's Gate 2)

Dagoth Ur (Morrowind)

WeaselGuy
2014-05-14, 12:15 PM
good point... but, iirc, he does get pretty effin big at some points in some of the games... maybe a permanencied reduce person? (does that work on an anthropomorphic dragon turtle?) meh, w/e that tortoise would probably be easier lol

Kazudo
2014-05-14, 12:59 PM
No, you're right, he kinda does. It's worth noting however that (if I read the books right and am not a moron), with a build centered around some of his other points, say

Anthropomorphic (large animal here) granting RHD 3 and LA +0 (maybe 1 or 2 depending on if I eventually find said animal), with LA buyoff in tow, layering on Dragonborn and THEN Mineral Warrior,

RHD 3/Psychic Warrior 5/Pyrokineticist 3/Thrallherd 9, making sure to take Practiced Manifester to smooth over about 4 HD worth of manifester levels,

He'd be sporting a Manifester Level of...what...4...9...17? 17 total. Something around there (since Pyrokineticist doesn't actually ADVANCE Manifesting, just requires a small power point pool. Anyway, he'd be manifesting like a 13th level Psychic Warrior, meaning that for 9 power point expenditure before combat with Mario (which Bowser always seems to be able to see coming) he can suddenly go from Medium to Huge for 10 minutes (essentially combat).

I mean. He's probably not always Large, in fact he's usually probably Medium. He has to fit into go carts and onto golf courses and tennis courts and soccer fields somehow.

WeaselGuy
2014-05-14, 01:03 PM
I mean. He's probably not always Large, in fact he's usually probably Medium. He has to fit into go carts and onto golf courses and tennis courts and soccer fields somehow.

bwahahahaha

Kazudo
2014-05-14, 01:15 PM
Stormwrack has a Snapping Turtle. It is, unfortunately, Small sized and its advancement only includes small. If I can figure out how to make a Dire version of the Snapping Turtle that might put me right where I need it. Then I make an Anthropomorphic Dire Snapping Turtle.

Xaroth
2014-05-14, 01:18 PM

It would be incredibly far-fetched, but as a Lich I guess his phylactery would be Zant. I mean, at the end of Twilight Princess Ganondorf sees Zant and Zant actually snaps his own neck, effectively killing himself and effectively killing Ganondorf.

WeaselGuy
2014-05-14, 01:28 PM
Stormwrack has a Snapping Turtle. It is, unfortunately, Small sized and its advancement only includes small. If I can figure out how to make a Dire version of the Snapping Turtle that might put me right where I need it. Then I make an Anthropomorphic Dire Snapping Turtle.

I know it's from dandwiki (http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Dire_%283.5e_Template%29), which isn't the most reliable, but...

Dire

Summary: The Dire template is a template variant of dire animals that already exist. They are generally tougher, more ferocious and more cunning and prevalent in battle.

Creating a Dire Animal

Dire is an inherited template that can be added to any animal.

Size and Type

Creature's size increases by one category.

Hit Dice

Double the creature's effective HD to a maximum of 8 extra HD. If the base creature has fractional Hit Dice, change its number of HD to 2. Recalculate base Will saves to be good. (2 + ˝×HD)

Speed

If base creature's speed is 30 ft. or over, there is no change. If the base creature's speed is less than 30 ft, add 15 ft. to the base creature's base land speed to a maximum of 30 ft. All other movement speeds, such as fly, climb or burrow are unchanged.

Armor Class

Base creature's natural armor increases by 3. If the creature has no natural armor, it gains natural armor +3.

Abilities

+8 Strength, +4 Dexterity, +4 Charisma.

Challenge Rating

Double that of base creature (minimum 1).

alternatively (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/improvingMonsters.htm#increasingSize),

Increasing Size

Generally, increasing a monster’s size increases its combat effectiveness. Large creatures gain increased Strength, reach, and other benefits. Apply this modifier if you increase a creature beyond Medium and in conjunction with any other increases.

Be careful, though. Monsters that benefit from a smaller size may actually lose effectiveness because of a size increase. Monsters that don’t benefit from size increases don’t advance in that manner for this reason.

Kazudo
2014-05-14, 01:30 PM
I know it's from dandwiki (http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Dire_%283.5e_Template%29), which isn't the most reliable, but...

alternatively (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/improvingMonsters.htm#increasingSize),

And here I was trying to avoid homebrew. Are there any templates that can be applied to monstrous humanoids to make them increase a size category?

EDIT:
Actually, re-reading the Anthropomorphic template, any Anthropomorphic creatures made from small animals become Medium. Winning. So for 2 RHD and a +2 LA, you've got a real reptilian menace in a Mineral Warrior Dragonborn Anthropomorphic Snapping Turtle.

WeaselGuy
2014-05-14, 01:51 PM
And here I was trying to avoid homebrew. Are there any templates that can be applied to monstrous humanoids to make them increase a size category?

EDIT:
Actually, re-reading the Anthropomorphic template, any Anthropomorphic creatures made from small animals become Medium. Winning. So for 2 RHD and a +2 LA, you've got a real reptilian menace in a Mineral Warrior Dragonborn Anthropomorphic Snapping Turtle.

awesome! because I was all sorts of about to do this...

Tome of Horrors of Necromancer Games has a Dire Animal Template:

-Keeps the Animal type.
-If the base animal is Tiny or smaller increase its size to Small. Otherwise, increase its size by one size category.
-Add the bonuses and penalties to abilities, attack, armor...etc., because of the increase in size.
-Add Str +4, Dex +2, and Con +2 to the modifications due to size.
-If the dire animal is Small, it has
1 HD or the HD of the base animal +1, whichever is greater. If the dire animal is Medium or larger, its HD is equal to the minimum listed value for its size category in the base animal’s advancement +2. If a Small or larger base animal has no advancement or its size normally does not
increase with advancement, the dire animal’s HD is equal to the maximum HD given for the base animal +2.
-It's speed is the same as the base animal +10 ft.
-Natural armor increases by +2 (stacks with the increase due to size).
-Adjust the damage of the attacks due to the increase in size and ability scores.
-Adjust the Special Qualities and attack to the creature new abilities, size and hit dice.
-All saves are good for a dire animal. The base value for each save is equal to (1/2 HD) + 2.
-A dire animal receives skill points equal to (2 + Intelligence bonus [minimum 1]) × HD +3. Any skill given in the statistics block of the base animal is a class skill for the dire animal.
-Same feats as base animal, with additional feats gained through the usual means from the increase in HD. If the base animal has Weapon Finesse and the feat would become useless after its increase in HD and Strength, then it may trade Weapon Finesse for Weapon Focus with one of its natural attacks.
-Challenge Rating: Follow the CR adjustment rules for an increase in a creature’s size in the MM, and add +1 to the result.
-Advancement: Dire animals can advance to three times their new HD.
-Level Adjustment: —

from this (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?289042-Dire-Animal-Is-there-a-template) thread...

Xaroth
2014-05-14, 01:52 PM

EDIT:
Actually, re-reading the Anthropomorphic template, any Anthropomorphic creatures made from small animals become Medium. Winning.

Why not get Powerful Build (http://dungeons.wikia.com/wiki/Powerful_Build_(3.5e_Feat))? You're treated as one size category larger for most purposes but don't incur the penalties of being one size larger.

I know it says that it's Homebrew, but it's a Feat from Races of Stone that the Feral Gargun (as well as the Goliath I think) has.

Kazudo
2014-05-14, 01:57 PM
Why not get Powerful Build (http://dungeons.wikia.com/wiki/Powerful_Build_(3.5e_Feat))? You're treated as one size category larger for most purposes but don't incur the penalties of being one size larger.

I know it says that it's Homebrew, but it's a Feat from Races of Stone that the Feral Gargun (as well as the Goliath I think) has.

It's not a feat, it's actually a Special Quality. Half-Giants have it too.

Nah, I've got this thing in the bag. I just need to get home to all of my books and hammer it out.

Xaroth
2014-05-14, 02:13 PM
It's not a feat, it's actually a Special Quality. Half-Giants have it too.

Nah, I've got this thing in the bag. I just need to get home to all of my books and hammer it out.

Oh, alrighty.

Xaroth
2014-05-15, 09:59 AM
Is Chaos Witch Quelaag completed?

PraxisVetli
2014-05-15, 02:31 PM
Is Chaos Witch Quelaag completed?

Coming soon!
Horribly sorry, work got in the way.

Kazudo
2014-05-15, 02:43 PM
Ok. Bowser's (pretty much) done.

Spacefaring Giant Firebreathing Turtle
Mineral Warrior Dragonborn Anthropomorphic Snapping Turtle
RHD 2 (Anthropomorphic Snapping Turtle)
LA 1 (Mineral Warrior)

Monstrous Humanoid 2/Psychic Warrior 5/Pyrokineticist 3/Thrallherd 10

ECL 20 Stats

STR 20
DEX 10
CON 22
INT 10
WIS 16
CHA 20

HD: 10d8+10d4+120
BAB +12/+7/+2
Skill Points (really not a concern. Max out Concentration and psycraft at all times. 4 ranks in Diplomacy and 8 ranks in Knowledge (psionics) are a must, and one rank in Craft(alchemy) even though we can't use it without being spellcasters will work.
Saves: Fort +16, Ref +10, Will +15
AC: Unarmored 18 (20 when fighting Dragons)

From Race
Swim Speed 20 ft.
Speed 30 ft.
Burrow Speed 15 ft.
Heart Aspect (scales up)
Monstrous Humanoid (Aquatic, Dragonblood, Earth)
Earth Strike Special Attack
Darkvision 60 ft.
DR 8/Adamantine

Class Abilities
Fire Lash
Fire Adaptation
Hand Afire
Bolt of Fire
Thrallherd
Psionic Charm
Psionic Dominate
Greater Dominate
Superior Dominate
Twofold Master

Feats:
1st: Inquisitor
3rd: Practiced Manifester
PW1: Combat Manifestation
PW2: Expanded Knowledge
6th: Psionic Body
PW3: Mind over Body
9th: Improved Unarmed Strike
12t: Psionic Meditation
15t: Speed of Thought
18t: Power Attack

Not gonna lie. I pretty much just filled in feats to suit, since I wasn't sure what kind of feats the character would have since he's...Well, fairly simple. Not too deep there. The important part is that at level 20, he has... For powers, make sure he's got at least mindlink (from Expanded Knowledge) and expansion. The rest is cake. I have some kind of legitimate layout level by level, but I don't really know that it's completely necessary or warranted here.

His army is broken down as follows:
From his own power:
135 1st level believers
13 2nd level believers
7 3rd level believers
4 4th level believers
2 5th level believers
2 6th level believers

And 2 level 18 thralls.

Who are his thralls you ask? Well, Bowser Koopa Jr. and Larry Koopa.

Each of them have the same build going, except Psion instead of PsyWar and Cryomancer. (since, being the same race they're just on the smaller end of the spectrum. See: Dwarves Vs. Half-Orcs).

Which would mean that, assuming the same stats, each of them would have a 25 leadership score as well, bringing Bowser's total army to...

405 1st level believers
39 2nd level believers
21 3rd level believers
12 4th level believers
6 5th level believers
6 6th level believers

2 level 18 thralls
4 level 16 thralls.

Again, assuming the same stats, we now have four more thrallherds in the family: Wendy O. Koopa, Roy Koopa, Ludwig von Koopa, and Lemmy Koopa. These guys, fortunately, can still get to 10th level Thrallherd. They also have a leadership score of 25, leading to Bowser's total army being...

945 1st level believers
91 2nd level believers
49 3rd level believers
28 4th level believers
14 5th level believers
14 6th level believers

2 level 18 thralls
4 level 16 thralls
4 level 14 thralls

There's no way that the third generation thralls could POSSIBLY get to 20th level Thrallherd, so we'll say only two of them bothered to join in the family tradition while the other two focused on killifying things with magic. Those two would have, as thralls, Morton Koopa Jr. and Iggy Koopa. They'd have a total leadership score of 23 apiece, which would bring us to having...

1125 1st level believers
109 2nd level believers
59 3rd level believers
34 4th level believers
18 5th level believers
16 6th level believers

2 level 18 thralls
4 level 16 thralls
4 level 14 thralls
2 level 12 thralls

Now then, as a requisite feat, if Iggy and Morton Jr. took the Leadership feat, we'd be looking at them having a Leadership Score of around (12 + 5 CHA + 2 Stronghold + 2 Great Renown) = 21. Which would bring our totals up to

1245 1st level mooks
121 2nd level mooks
65 3rd level mooks
38 4th level mooks
20 5th level mooks
18 6th level mooks

2 level 18 thralls
4 level 16 thralls
4 level 14 thralls
2 level 12 thralls
2 level 10 Cohorts

Now then if each of THEIR cohorts takes Leadership but assuming only an average CHA of 14 (+2 mod), each of them would have a Leadership Score of, at most, 10+2+2+2 (16), so they'd raise the number to

1295 1st level mooks
125 2nd level mooks
67 3rd level mooks
38 4th level mooks
20 5th level mooks
18 6th level mooks

2 level 18 thralls
4 level 16 thralls
4 level 14 thralls
2 level 12 thralls
2 level 10 cohorts
2 level 8 cohorts.

Each of THEIR cohorts lakes leadership, same CHA mod, but they're at a Leadership score of 14, which would mean that they'd only contribute 15 1st level mooks and 1 2nd level mook apiece and 1 6th level cohort (a mook, essentially) total, bringing us to

1325 1st level mooks
127 2nd level mooks
67 3rd level mooks
40 4th level mooks
20 5th level mooks
20 6th level mooks

Now, if each 6th level believer took Leadership as a feat and considering an average CHA of around 14 apeice, assuming a Leadership score of 12 (6 + 2 CHA + 2 Stronghold + 2 Great Renown (before the war against the Mushroom Kingdom, essentially)) that would end up (with believers and followers lumped together under the name "Mook")

1485 1st level mooks
127 2nd level mooks
67 3rd level mooks
60 4th level mooks
20 5th level mooks
20 6th level mooks

2 level 18 thralls
4 level 16 thralls
4 level 14 thralls
2 level 12 thralls
2 level 10 cohorts
2 level 8 cohorts.

Total. I'm not writing all of that out in detail unless more detail is requested (And I don't want to derail the thread), but that's that.

Xaroth
2014-05-15, 04:19 PM
Coming soon!
Horribly sorry, work got in the way.

No worries, take your time. I'm perfectly aware that people have lives outside of GiantITP.

Unless you're a moderator.

Then I don't know.

Xaroth
2014-05-15, 04:29 PM
Ok. Bowser's (pretty much) done.

Spacefaring Giant Firebreathing Turtle
Mineral Warrior Dragonborn Anthropomorphic Snapping Turtle
RHD 2 (Anthropomorphic Snapping Turtle)
LA 1 (Mineral Warrior)

Monstrous Humanoid 2/Psychic Warrior 5/Pyrokineticist 3/Thrallherd 10

ECL 20 Stats

STR 20
DEX 10
CON 22
INT 10
WIS 16
CHA 20

HD: 10d8+10d4+120
BAB +12/+7/+2
Skill Points (really not a concern. Max out Concentration and psycraft at all times. 4 ranks in Diplomacy and 8 ranks in Knowledge (psionics) are a must, and one rank in Craft(alchemy) even though we can't use it without being spellcasters will work.
Saves: Fort +16, Ref +10, Will +15
AC: Unarmored 18 (20 when fighting Dragons)

From Race
Swim Speed 20 ft.
Speed 30 ft.
Burrow Speed 15 ft.
Heart Aspect (scales up)
Monstrous Humanoid (Aquatic, Dragonblood, Earth)
Earth Strike Special Attack
Darkvision 60 ft.
DR 8/Adamantine

Class Abilities
Fire Lash
Fire Adaptation
Hand Afire
Bolt of Fire
Thrallherd
Psionic Charm
Psionic Dominate
Greater Dominate
Superior Dominate
Twofold Master

Feats:
1st: Inquisitor
3rd: Practiced Manifester
PW1: Combat Manifestation
PW2: Expanded Knowledge
6th: Psionic Body
PW3: Mind over Body
9th: Improved Unarmed Strike
12t: Psionic Meditation
15t: Speed of Thought
18t: Power Attack

Not gonna lie. I pretty much just filled in feats to suit, since I wasn't sure what kind of feats the character would have since he's...Well, fairly simple. Not too deep there. The important part is that at level 20, he has... For powers, make sure he's got at least mindlink (from Expanded Knowledge) and expansion. The rest is cake. I have some kind of legitimate layout level by level, but I don't really know that it's completely necessary or warranted here.

His army is broken down as follows:
From his own power:
135 1st level believers
13 2nd level believers
7 3rd level believers
4 4th level believers
2 5th level believers
2 6th level believers

And 2 level 18 thralls.

Who are his thralls you ask? Well, Bowser Koopa Jr. and Larry Koopa.

Each of them have the same build going, except Psion instead of PsyWar and Cryomancer. (since, being the same race they're just on the smaller end of the spectrum. See: Dwarves Vs. Half-Orcs).

Which would mean that, assuming the same stats, each of them would have a 25 leadership score as well, bringing Bowser's total army to...

405 1st level believers
39 2nd level believers
21 3rd level believers
12 4th level believers
6 5th level believers
6 6th level believers

2 level 18 thralls
4 level 16 thralls.

Again, assuming the same stats, we now have four more thrallherds in the family: Wendy O. Koopa, Roy Koopa, Ludwig von Koopa, and Lemmy Koopa. These guys, fortunately, can still get to 10th level Thrallherd. They also have a leadership score of 25, leading to Bowser's total army being...

945 1st level believers
91 2nd level believers
49 3rd level believers
28 4th level believers
14 5th level believers
14 6th level believers

2 level 18 thralls
4 level 16 thralls
4 level 14 thralls

There's no way that the third generation thralls could POSSIBLY get to 20th level Thrallherd, so we'll say only two of them bothered to join in the family tradition while the other two focused on killifying things with magic. Those two would have, as thralls, Morton Koopa Jr. and Iggy Koopa. They'd have a total leadership score of 23 apiece, which would bring us to having...

1125 1st level believers
109 2nd level believers
59 3rd level believers
34 4th level believers
18 5th level believers
16 6th level believers

2 level 18 thralls
4 level 16 thralls
4 level 14 thralls
2 level 12 thralls

Now then, as a requisite feat, if Iggy and Morton Jr. took the Leadership feat, we'd be looking at them having a Leadership Score of around (12 + 5 CHA + 2 Stronghold + 2 Great Renown) = 21. Which would bring our totals up to

1245 1st level mooks
121 2nd level mooks
65 3rd level mooks
38 4th level mooks
20 5th level mooks
18 6th level mooks

2 level 18 thralls
4 level 16 thralls
4 level 14 thralls
2 level 12 thralls
2 level 10 Cohorts

Now then if each of THEIR cohorts takes Leadership but assuming only an average CHA of 14 (+2 mod), each of them would have a Leadership Score of, at most, 10+2+2+2 (16), so they'd raise the number to

1295 1st level mooks
125 2nd level mooks
67 3rd level mooks
38 4th level mooks
20 5th level mooks
18 6th level mooks

2 level 18 thralls
4 level 16 thralls
4 level 14 thralls
2 level 12 thralls
2 level 10 cohorts
2 level 8 cohorts.

Each of THEIR cohorts lakes leadership, same CHA mod, but they're at a Leadership score of 14, which would mean that they'd only contribute 15 1st level mooks and 1 2nd level mook apiece and 1 6th level cohort (a mook, essentially) total, bringing us to

1325 1st level mooks
127 2nd level mooks
67 3rd level mooks
40 4th level mooks
20 5th level mooks
20 6th level mooks

Now, if each 6th level believer took Leadership as a feat and considering an average CHA of around 14 apeice, assuming a Leadership score of 12 (6 + 2 CHA + 2 Stronghold + 2 Great Renown (before the war against the Mushroom Kingdom, essentially)) that would end up (with believers and followers lumped together under the name "Mook")

1485 1st level mooks
127 2nd level mooks
67 3rd level mooks
60 4th level mooks
20 5th level mooks
20 6th level mooks

2 level 18 thralls
4 level 16 thralls
4 level 14 thralls
2 level 12 thralls
2 level 10 cohorts
2 level 8 cohorts.

Total. I'm not writing all of that out in detail unless more detail is requested (And I don't want to derail the thread), but that's that.

Awesome, I'll mark it down as complete!

Xaroth
2014-05-15, 07:55 PM
http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs50/i/2009/276/6/5/Kraid_Sketch_color_version_by_AzakaChi_RD_17.jpg

Kraid (Metroid: Zero Mission) has been added to the list.

Threadnaught
2014-05-15, 08:14 PM
Since you've got Spawn from Spawn Armageddon on the other list. 'd like to request two bosses from the same game.

And his alternate, more powerful form, the final boss.

While I've requested him on the hero side, I'd like to request this character again as a boss. No idea which game would truly do him justice, but I'll just use the one I've already mentioned anyway.

Dracula (Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia)

Xaroth
2014-05-15, 11:09 PM
Since you've got Spawn from Spawn Armageddon on the other list. 'd like to request two bosses from the same game.

And his alternate, more powerful form, the final boss.

While I've requested him on the hero side, I'd like to request this character again as a boss. No idea which game would truly do him justice, but I'll just use the one I've already mentioned anyway.

Dracula (Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia)

I either haven't seen your post or you did it in the incorrect format on the other list, because Dracula wasn't added. I'll add the three you requested to this list, though.

Muggins
2014-05-15, 11:58 PM
You know, given that Kerrigan was the protagonist for the entirety of Starcraft II: Heart of the Swarm, I'm surprised to see her here. Isn't she basically just a Binder with Zceryll (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/frcc/20070718), though?

PraxisVetli
2014-05-16, 02:32 AM
Got work at 8, so I'ma hit the hay.
But currently Qualaag is an Anarchic Human Tauric Monstrous Spider of Legend Swordsage2. (favoring Desert Wind, of course)
Brings her to CR 14, if there's no complaints, I'll probably just add some SLAs and up her to 16/17.
Open to constructive criticism!

Threadnaught
2014-05-16, 05:13 AM
I either haven't seen your post or you did it in the incorrect format on the other list, because Dracula wasn't added. I'll add the three you requested to this list, though.

Oh but you have added Dracula from a Castlevania game to the protagonist list. You probably haven't played/completed the specific game in question though. That, or you don't remember it.

AslanCross
2014-05-16, 07:51 AM
Once more representing Touhou Project (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/VideoGame/Touhou?from=Main.Touhou) and its overpowered magical girls...

-Yukari Yakumo, Youkai of Boundaries. Controls all boundaries, physical and metaphysical.
-Ran Yakumo, Yukari's familiar
-Chen, Ran's familiar
-Kanako Yasaka, Sky goddess. Lacking worshipers in modern Japan, she invaded Gensokyo to gather faith from the humans there.
-Suwako Moriya, Earth goddess. Supplanted and defeated by Kanako, but surprisingly on good terms with her.
-Byakuren Hijiri, savior of Youkai
-Remilia Scarlet, the Dead Princess. Supposedly a descendant of Vlad Țepeș.
-Flandre Scarlet, Remilia's younger sister.
-Utsuho Reiuji---it's really hard to explain what she is. She swallowed a dead sun god and gained nuclear powers.

Utsuho vs. Reimu in a fanmade animated video. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZ9q7ePu3NY)

Xaroth
2014-05-16, 01:08 PM
Oh but you have added Dracula from a Castlevania game to the protagonist list. You probably haven't played/completed the specific game in question though. That, or you don't remember it.

I haven't played any of the Castlevania games, sadly. I intend to get Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 1 and 2, though.

Grey Watcher
2014-05-17, 12:04 AM
I've always wanted to see, but have never been able to figure how to do, the Sinistrals from the Lufia series, specifically as they appear in Lufia and the Fortress of Doom. Bonus point if the build can also incorporate some of their powers from Lufia II: Rise of the Sinistrals.

Daos, Sinistral of Chaos (Terror in sequels)
Amon, Sinistral of Terror (Chaos in the sequels)
Erim, Sinistral of Death
Gades, Sinistral of Destruction

Muggins
2014-05-17, 12:34 AM
I'm afraid I don't have any experience with the Lufia series. That said, if I can get a list of their abilities, I'll give it a shot.

Xaroth
2014-05-22, 11:55 PM
Apologies for the neglect, I'll begin adding the requests now.

Xaroth
2014-05-23, 12:43 AM
All have been added, if I've missed any please let me know and I'll add them.

walfulninja
2014-05-23, 09:39 PM
You had to pick the kingdom hearts sephoroth didnt you? You sick bastard. I still have PTSD dreams about that boss fight.
*crawls to nearest corner and curls up In a ball, muttering softly to nobody in particular

Xaroth
2014-05-24, 05:43 AM
You had to pick the kingdom hearts sephoroth didnt you? You sick bastard. I still have PTSD dreams about that boss fight.
*crawls to nearest corner and curls up In a ball, muttering softly to nobody in particular

https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/6390689792/hF8078494/

http://www.quickmeme.com/img/3e/3eabf719676e45eaf7467e001d4794f84d458630e243dd3532 11a0f225c59413.jpg

Xaroth
2014-05-24, 06:11 AM
Is there anybody willing to give a non-psionic Sephiroth a try? I have a build for a high crit range if we want to say he crits on every attack, and the spell Harm (Cleric 6) from the Spell Compendium (pg. 5) could do the trick for leaving the target with 1HP. Well it's more like 1d4 HP, but basically the same thing. Monkey Grip (Or Wield Oversized Weapon) on a +5 Masterwork Keen Speed Large Greatsword, and I read somewhere that he could be classified as a Half-Giant for the fact that he - like Cloud - is a super-soldier.

As for the one-winged part and the being able to fly straight with one wing, I have absolutely no clue. I'll leave the heavy damage to you guys too.

Disciple of Dispater 8/Weapon Master (Kensei) 7
DoD levels grant Iron Power +2
Weapon Master Kensei grant Ki Critical
Improved Critical
Keen kinda takes care of the rest of it

This build was made for what I like to call the Feral Critgun (A Feral Gargun that wields Colossal Scimitars and crits on a 1-20 with Lightning Mace for infinite attacks and henceforth infinite dablage).

Muggins
2014-05-24, 07:03 AM
I can currently think of two ways of handling Sephiroth. One is as some kind of Divine Mind/Ardent/Anarchic Initiate, while the other is as a Binder/Warlock/Escalation Mage/Hellfire Warlock.

Just some thoughts. I don't think I'll actually begin work on him, since the only experience I have is from the Final Fantasy Tactics spinoffs.

Xaroth
2014-05-24, 07:09 AM
I can currently think of two ways of handling Sephiroth. One is as some kind of Divine Mind/Ardent/Anarchic Initiate, while the other is as a Binder/Warlock/Escalation Mage/Hellfire Warlock.

Just some thoughts. I don't think I'll actually begin work on him, since the only experience I have is from the Final Fantasy Tactics spinoffs.

If you decide to give it a shot and are looking for a guide on his attack patterns, I have a guide (http://uk.ign.com/faqs/2002/kingdom-hearts-boss-faq-sephiroth-374250) for defeating him in which his attack patterns should be derivable.

Inevitability
2014-05-24, 09:29 AM
I have another suggestion:

And, if the differences are deemed big enough:

Crazy Hand (Super Smash Bros Brawl)

Xaroth
2014-05-26, 01:08 PM
I have another suggestion:

And, if the differences are deemed big enough:

Crazy Hand (Super Smash Bros Brawl)

Oh crap, didn't realise there was something I missed. Added.

7th son of sons
2014-05-29, 01:34 PM
I'm not much for creation, but a lot of these seem pretty complex. I respect anyone with the creativity to work with these character. I'd also like to make my own submission, that of M. Bison (Street Fighter 4 Series) and Juri Han (Street Fighter 4 Series). These two are some scary individuals, but I feel they'd be simpler to make than, say, Jubileus, given they are just fighters. Please and thank you :D

Xaroth
2014-05-29, 02:56 PM
I'm not much for creation, but a lot of these seem pretty complex. I respect anyone with the creativity to work with these character. I'd also like to make my own submission, that of M. Bison (Street Fighter 4 Series) and Juri Han (Street Fighter 4 Series). These two are some scary individuals, but I feel they'd be simpler to make than, say, Jubileus, given they are just fighters. Please and thank you :D

You're welcome, both have been added to the list.

Threadnaught
2014-05-30, 11:13 AM
Okay, so Mewtwo has been shifted over to the anime thread, but he/she/it is a boss in Pokémon Red/Green/Blue/Yellow, Stadium, FireRed/LeafGreen, HeartGold/SoulSilver, X/Y and Mystery Dungeon Red/Blue. Aka just about every game it appears in as capturable/recruitable, and Stadium.

In Mystery Dungeon it appears at the end of a mega dungeon and "speaks" about waiting to fight anyone strong enough to reach it. So how about he/she/it be requested here?

While we're promoting soul-ar power, these three.

Kafana
2014-06-07, 04:23 AM
Would it be possible to have 2 or 3 versions of the boss, for different ECLs. For example, if you plan to make a level 15 boss, could you see about doing a level 10 one as well. Since you can easily increase the ECL by adding minions, the priority should be to have a weaker version rather than a stronger. I'd suggest 6-8 levels weaker on average.

Xaroth
2014-06-14, 07:01 AM
Would it be possible to have 2 or 3 versions of the boss, for different ECLs. For example, if you plan to make a level 15 boss, could you see about doing a level 10 one as well. Since you can easily increase the ECL by adding minions, the priority should be to have a weaker version rather than a stronger. I'd suggest 6-8 levels weaker on average.

You could always just increase the ECL from what is given of your own accord.

Xaroth
2014-06-14, 07:03 AM
Okay, so Mewtwo has been shifted over to the anime thread, but he/she/it is a boss in Pokémon Red/Green/Blue/Yellow, Stadium, FireRed/LeafGreen, HeartGold/SoulSilver, X/Y and Mystery Dungeon Red/Blue. Aka just about every game it appears in as capturable/recruitable, and Stadium.

In Mystery Dungeon it appears at the end of a mega dungeon and "speaks" about waiting to fight anyone strong enough to reach it. So how about he/she/it be requested here?

While we're promoting soul-ar power, these three.

Sorry, forgot to say these were added.

Norin
2014-06-14, 10:52 AM
Jack of blades and Reaver from the Fable series?

Xaroth
2014-06-14, 11:23 AM
Jack of blades and Reaver from the Fable series?

Jack of Blades? Sure. Lost Chapters or original? In Lost Chapters he has a dragon form, in the original he doesn't.

Reaver doesn't count as a boss.

Norin
2014-06-14, 01:48 PM
Jack of Blades? Sure. Lost Chapters or original? In Lost Chapters he has a dragon form, in the original he doesn't.

Reaver doesn't count as a boss.

Original, no dragons.

Aww, ok, let's drop Reaver then. ;)

Xaroth
2014-06-17, 05:44 PM
Original, no dragons.

Aww, ok, let's drop Reaver then. ;)

I might tackle JoB, I'll need to refresh my memory of his abilities first, but even after I refresh my mind I'll need to wait until I'm not busy.

FabulousFizban
2014-06-20, 02:10 AM
big boss!!!

Svata
2014-06-20, 02:38 AM
He's already in the protagonist thread.

Xaroth
2014-12-19, 02:00 AM
Bumpity-bumperino

Zabrios
2021-09-24, 11:57 AM
Geese Howard from Real Bout Fatal fury?

Peelee
2021-09-24, 07:26 PM
The Mod on the Silver Mountain: This gaming platform is last Gen.