PDA

View Full Version : Advise for gestalt Soulblade/Soulbow//Rogue/Swashbuckler?

CryptbornAkryea
2014-05-11, 06:42 PM
Randomly inspired concept, just don't know what else to do with it. Help?

Feint's End
2014-05-11, 06:44 PM
Randomly inspired concept, just don't know what else to do with it. Help?

Use the much better Pathfinder Soulbolt Archetype and later prestige into Soulbow (also the PF version) on the one side. Daring Outlaw on the other side? I don't really see what the purpose of this build is so an explanation would be appropriate.

CryptbornAkryea
2014-05-11, 06:49 PM
I'm running a gestalt 3.5 game for two players. They have zero interest in ranged combat, so I figured I could use this concept to harass them long term.
Wasn't sure if it could add wis + int + dex to damage...

Feint's End
2014-05-11, 06:56 PM
I'm running a gestalt 3.5 game for two players. They have zero interest in ranged combat, so I figured I could use this concept to harass them long term.
Wasn't sure if it could add wis + int + dex to damage...

Using Pathfinder Material it's almost certainly possible without too many dips but I'm not sure on how much you are willing to use it. Generally the Soulknife in 3.5 is horrific though and I wouldn't recommend using it in any build. If you really need it then get the PF one as mentioned above (it can be found online) and prestige it with the Soulbow.

It would be helpful to know the classes of your two players and their level. Maybe we can help you come up with a challening enemy who might be returning (if they don't manage to kill him) but we also need more information for that.

I'll be off sleeping now but write in the morning.

CryptbornAkryea
2014-05-11, 07:40 PM
I'm trying to avoid PF for the most part.

Player 1 is a lvl 4 fremen rogue//swashbuckler with shadowdancer aspirations.

Player 2 is a lvl 3 tibbit lurk//psychic rogue with assassin aspirations.

Both have taken the Shaky flaw and, aside from the future assassin, both intend to avoid spellcasting.

I should mention... this is my first time running a game and they are both inexperienced gamers.

Anlashok
2014-05-11, 08:20 PM
I'm trying to avoid PF...shadowdancer aspirations
These two ideas should not go together. 3.5 ShD is a mess.

CryptbornAkryea
2014-05-11, 08:23 PM
I'm pretty sure neither of them have any experience optimizing, lol

Drako_Beoulve
2014-05-11, 09:56 PM
Perhaps you can go Warlock//Rogue or Dragonfire Adept//Sorcerer, those two are great for range attackers with some resiliance

Talking about Soulbow, you can do Monk 3 / Fighter 4 / Paladin 2 / Swordsage 11 // Soulknife 5 / Soulbow 9 / Kensai 5 / Shiba Protector 1

- Monk and Soulknife for prerequisites on Kensai and Soulbow, also with monk you will pickup monastic training and tashalatora(soulbow) so you can stack levels for Flurry and you should pick Flowing blade feat to make your soulknife the signature weapon for Kensai
- Fighter will give some BAB and feats
- Swordsage can give you some versatility and WIS to AC in light armor and also WIS to damage with chosen discipline
- Kensai opens up for Split arrow and lucky properties so you will double all arrows and reroll 1's.
- Shiba protector to WIS to attk and dmg
- you should pick zen archery to deplace DEX for WIS to attk
- With Paladin you should pick Serenity feat to add WIS to all saves