PDA

View Full Version : D&D 3.x Class Hombrew review for Website

DreganHiregard
2014-05-11, 07:02 PM
Hello playgrounders! I'm in the development phase of starting my own Gaming website with a strong focus on d20 and one of the sections on my site will be a review of homebrew content, primarily base classes and fixes for existing classes. I'm covering 3.0, 3.5, and pathfinder and I want to do both my own created content as well as spotlights on other homebrewers and I'd love for people to send me, or even just give me permission to review and re-post their homebrew content.

I know a lot of time and effort goes into these classes and so I will only be doing positive reviews, If I do not like a class I will simply remain quiet on it, for the same reason I want to be sure that everything I post is credited to the proper creator and that I'm only posting with their express permission.

What I intend to do with the content is as follows: First, I will post it in it's entirety, plus any edits the creator wants to include or update, and then review specific abilities, make suggestions on how the class can be changed or tweaked, on how certain rules issues should be handled (based first on the creators input and then mine only if that is not available). Following that I'll have a section where I discuss how I would flavor/reflavor/fluff the class to fit in with different settings.

The website is not designed to make profit apart from possibly minor ad revenue so I can't afford to pay the creators anything although if things go well I might be able to help the creators compose their own sellable content but that's pretty far down the road as I'm far from a legal expert. Apart from that I can provide a link to wherever the creator may be compiling or posting their content and it can help them gain more notice in the gaming community.

So if you've read all this I implore you to either P.M me or e-mail me at [email protected]. Send me your classes, any extra questions, or even just some ideas for the site! I want to hear from you!

qazzquimby
2014-05-11, 10:09 PM
If you're reviewing something undeserving of a positive review, it would probably be appreciated if you PM'd them your critique. I think most people here want the criticism.
You can take anything of mine (in the sig), but I haven't a whole lot to offer.

DreganHiregard
2014-05-12, 08:53 PM
If you're reviewing something undeserving of a positive review, it would probably be appreciated if you PM'd them your critique. I think most people here want the criticism.
You can take anything of mine (in the sig), but I haven't a whole lot to offer.

Sure! I can also send people messages letting them know what I did or didn't like about the content, although it will take a back seat to reveiwing stuff I did like.

And I'll definitely look over your stuff! Thanks!

qazzquimby
2014-05-12, 11:11 PM
I think you'll find more business here than you'll be able to respond to. Every thread marked "peach" wants attention.
Most of my homebrews are addons for the gramarie system, which you'd have to be familiar with. It's currently under a long and tedious revision, but reviewing the first version could garner more attention.
Are you more interested in reviewing smaller additions as they appear, or large and well known classics?

DreganHiregard
2014-05-13, 06:54 PM
I think you'll find more business here than you'll be able to respond to. Every thread marked "peach" wants attention.
Most of my homebrews are addons for the gramarie system, which you'd have to be familiar with. It's currently under a long and tedious revision, but reviewing the first version could garner more attention.
Are you more interested in reviewing smaller additions as they appear, or large and well known classics?

I'm hoping to get a lot of responses for sure and I'm gonna actively be messaging people to ask them if I can use their stuff. I looked over gramerie but I think I wanna wait till the revision is done. I'm really interested in doing all kinds of homebrew, a single class can make for 1 article but I plan to do plenty of multi-part series to cover new systems like Gramerie, Kellus' Truenaming, Oozodrin and all the add ons for it, xenoalchemy ect. Basically I wanna do all of it, and if you know anybody who wants their content reviewed please spread the word!