PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Monk AC Bonus

PsyBomb
2014-05-11, 09:48 PM
One quick question, is there any way to get the Monk AC Bonus to apply in light armor? Anything in Paizo or DSP is good to go. Can't find anything on the SRD, but not everything is up there and I may have missed it anyway.

The intent is to use it as a splash in a Wis-stacking experiment.

grarrrg
2014-05-11, 09:54 PM
One quick question, is there any way to get the Monk AC Bonus to apply in light armor? Anything in Paizo or DSP is good to go. Can't find anything on the SRD, but not everything is up there and I may have missed it anyway.

The intent is to use it as a splash in a Wis-stacking experiment.

Short answer: No.

Long answer: Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooot that I am aware of.

Grayson01
2014-05-11, 10:04 PM
I can't think of anything of the top of my head. Other then not being a Monk and being a Swardsage...

PsyBomb
2014-05-11, 10:12 PM
I can't think of anything of the top of my head. Other then not being a Monk and being a Swardsage...

Not available here, it is PF only with no 3.5. Has the Path of War equivalent been released?

StreamOfTheSky
2014-05-11, 10:28 PM
If there was a way for monk to get his AC in light armor (or for bracers of armor to *officially* be labeled as light armor), then paizo wouldn't be able to mock monks with stuff like the Brawling armor property.

So of course there's not going to be anything to let them do that.

I've looked. Trust me, I've looked. It really sucks that you have to choose "one of my primary class features" or "+2 untyped attack/damage and grapple checks for only +1 armor property." Just serves as the frame to the "Fighters punch better than monks" portrait anyway, though.

holywhippet
2014-05-11, 10:30 PM
Best method is to take a level dip in either wizard, sorcerer or cleric with the spell domain (IIRC, not sure if that works in pathfinder). That gives you access to the mage armor spell which has about the same AC bonus as light armor.