PDA

View Full Version : Friendly Advice What sub forum would this game fall under and would you be interested in it.

Dr.Orpheus
2014-05-11, 09:56 PM
I plan on running a game where players can come and go as they please, and don't need to make characters or be aproved as long as they follow the games rules. The fluff of this game will be that all people that post will be saying the actions of a goblin from a small tribe. The players are not in charge of the npc goblins and can only do things that a goblin would be capeable of, but depending on a leadership roll you can convince inactive goblins to help you in a task. I will keep track of the tribes food, water, and moral and the tribe will slowly grow in size and learn new technologies.

So out of structured games and free form role play which would this be sense it seems to me to have a bit of both in it.

erikun
2014-05-19, 10:08 AM
Structured Games is really more for a game that has a set number of players and rules for play: something like Mafia, where every player has a set role and goals to achieve. If I understand it correctly, this game will be a choose-your-own-adventure style game, with the exception that all actions will be taken by different goblins rather than just one particular action taken by the protagonist.

This idea sounds like it would fit better in Free Form Roleplaying or just the general Message Board Games forum. Heck, I'd think it would best fit in Message Board Games, because the players won't necessarily be roleplaying a particular goblin. They'll be free to drop in and drop out and give an action for any random goblin to accomplish.

Of course, if I misunderstand the concept then I might be wrong about that.

Dr.Orpheus
2014-05-23, 12:28 PM
You do understand it correctly and thanks for clarifying what sub-forum it should go in. I will start it when I'm done DMing several other games I'm in.