PDA

View Full Version : D&D 3.X w/Pathfinder Influence: Bardic Character w/Draconic Creature Ally (redacted)

DurionArcanis
2014-05-12, 12:02 AM
As the subject hints, this topic is regarding a campaign that I'm joining that I am told is mostly 3.5 with some Pathfinder rules. I'm likely to be playing a bardic character of some sort, though actually taking Bard levels is up for debate right now.

The primary point of the topic though is this: I intend to attempt to have some sort of draconic creature as a companion or ally of sorts. Now whether this is a Familiar, an Animal(etc) Companion, a Cohort, or something else, will depend on the options available. I also intend to be a Dragonblooded Elf (again, exacts are up to debate right now). My two draconic critters of choice are the Faerie Dragon or the Pseudodragon. The options available to me and the decisions of the DM once I propose everything may or may not change that but that's what I'm shooting for right now.

Assuming a balanced idea without straying too far from a dex fighter/light magic user/bardic vibe type of build, what do you guys recommend?

It's been a while since I've looked into these, and there are far too many books I've yet to read. Currently I'm re-reading Dragon Magic, Races of the Dragon, and Draconomicon, as well as looking into various bard and similar builds. If anyone has specific books I should read in addition to the expected ones, let me know and I'll add the to my list.
Found the answers I needed in a much older thread with a similar topic thanks to googling a suggestion a friend gave me.