PDA

View Full Version : Crusader refresh mechanic

Deadline
2014-05-12, 10:13 AM
Ok, maybe I'm just dumb, but how does the Crusader maneuver mechanic work? It looks like it's one of two different ways, but I can't figure it out:

If the Crusdaer has no withheld maneuvers, only expended maneuvers are returned to the withheld pool, and you continue to grant them as per the rules. (In other words, any maneuvers already granted to you are still granted to you).
If the Crusader has no withheld maneuvers, then all of your manevuers (both expended and granted) go back into the withheld pool, and you are granted maneuvers from that pool as per usual.

Red Fel
2014-05-12, 10:53 AM
Ok, maybe I'm just dumb, but how does the Crusader maneuver mechanic work? It looks like it's one of two different ways, but I can't figure it out:

If the Crusdaer has no withheld maneuvers, only expended maneuvers are returned to the withheld pool, and you continue to grant them as per the rules. (In other words, any maneuvers already granted to you are still granted to you).
If the Crusader has no withheld maneuvers, then all of your manevuers (both expended and granted) go back into the withheld pool, and you are granted maneuvers from that pool as per usual.

Think of it like a deck of cards. In fact, it helps if you use cards to keep track, just in general. They've got 'em on the web (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/we/20061225a).

You start combat by drawing your granted maneuvers (your hand) from your pile of withheld maneuvers (the draw pile). Each round, you draw another. When you expend a maneuver, discard it. Once you have no maneuvers left in your draw pile (withheld maneuvers) you shuffle your discard pile (expended maneuvers) back into the draw pile and start over.

The RAW does not require you to expend (discard) your granted maneuvers (your hand) when your withheld maneuvers run out. In theory you'd hold onto those until you expended (discarded) them.

Deadline
2014-05-12, 10:57 AM
Think of it like a deck of cards. In fact, it helps if you use cards to keep track, just in general. They've got 'em on the web (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/we/20061225a).

You start combat by drawing your granted maneuvers (your hand) from your pile of withheld maneuvers (the draw pile). Each round, you draw another. When you expend a maneuver, discard it. Once you have no maneuvers left in your draw pile (withheld maneuvers) you shuffle your discard pile (expended maneuvers) back into the draw pile and start over.

The RAW does not require you to expend (discard) your granted maneuvers (your hand) when your withheld maneuvers run out. In theory you'd hold onto those until you expended (discarded) them.

So, Option 1 it is then. Thanks!