PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Warblade critfisher-what to take [3.5]

Teapot Salty
2014-05-12, 01:36 PM
Hey guys. So I want to make a warblade critfisher, but beyond twf and kukri's, I'm lost. Should I take improved critical or just spring for keen? What other feats should I take? The fighter feats maybe? What meneuvers and stances? What stats (28 PB)? I have no idea what the other members of the party are doing. Thanks, and as always, go nuts.

Dragrun
2014-05-12, 01:49 PM
Idk about feats, but a little gem I would use for crit-fishing is the Crystal Sword from the Diablo 2: Diablerie supplement. Really obscure, and 3.0, but its a one-handed martial weapon with the kicker being 18-20/x3. Highly bannable, but its doesnt mean much to the Tier 1s and 2s.:smallfrown:

Ellowryn
2014-05-12, 01:54 PM
Aptitude weapon enchant on those Kukri's, get the lightning mace feat, blood in the water stance and then head for the mongoose maneuver line, grab gloves of the balanced hand (MiC i believe), get the minimum dex needed for twf and then drop the most in str and int. You can also grab 1 level of barbarian to get whirling frenzy afc for an extra attack while raging if you willing to dip.

BlackDog918
2014-05-12, 04:36 PM
Also pick up the Blood in the Water Tiger Claw stance to start racking up bonuses on every crit. I got mine up to 15 once.

Chronos
2014-05-12, 08:18 PM
Yeah, Blood in the Water is pretty much the reason to take Warblade on a crit-fishing build. It's super effective.

Ellowryn
2014-05-12, 10:21 PM
Sorry if my earlier post was a little short and confusing, right as i was about to reply i actually got handed some work to do at work.

Basically, the way to critfish IS with warblade, so you are going in the right direction there. First you want to grab the Aptitude weapon enchant on both your kukri's, its a +1 Weapon enchant out of ToB that lets the enchanted weapon count as any other weapon for the purpose of feats and abilities. This is combined with the Lightning Mace feat, requiring Combat Reflexes, Two-Weapon Fighting, and Weapon Focus, which allows you to make an additional attack at the same attack bonus as any strike you critically threaten with. Blood in the Water stance is the second backbone of the build, allowing for stupid amounts of bonus to hit and damage because they decided not to specify a cap or restriction on the stacking of the bonus, so talk to your DM about its limits. The two maneuvers you will need a dancing mongoose and raging mongoose, giving +1 attacks per weapon and +2 attacks per weapon respectively, and you will be using them any time you can make a full attack. Stats are Dex to 15 so you can pick up Two-Weapon Fighting, and then Str>Int>Con>More Dex>Wis>Cha, i put con below int because having d10's base make you relatively beefy compared to others. And then for items the always popular and relatively cheap Gloves of the Balanced Hand from the MiC which gives you Improved Two-Weapon Fighting.

I also mentioned 1 level of Barbarian as a possible dip because you can grab both the Lion Totem Acf (Pounce) and the Whirling Frenzy Acf which replaces normal rage with +4 Str, +2 AC, and 1 additional attack at full BaB with a -2 penalty to attack of all attacks that round.

Once you get to 9 you should grab Improved Critical and be sitting at a nice 15-20 crit range, with 10 attacks before Lighting Mace procs at level 16!

Chronos
2014-05-13, 06:26 AM
If you have enough warblade levels to pick it up, Avalanche of Blades is good, too. Your ever-increasing Blood in the Water bonus will mostly offset the decrementing attack bonus of AoB, with the result that you'll probably keep on attacking until you roll a natural 1.

Fouredged Sword
2014-05-13, 09:21 AM
Also try to get your hands on Katori resin kukri's, they are exotic weapons, but that 17-20X4 crit range is wonderful.

Teapot Salty
2014-05-13, 08:21 PM
Sorry if my earlier post was a little short and confusing, right as i was about to reply i actually got handed some work to do at work.

Basically, the way to critfish IS with warblade, so you are going in the right direction there. First you want to grab the Aptitude weapon enchant on both your kukri's, its a +1 Weapon enchant out of ToB that lets the enchanted weapon count as any other weapon for the purpose of feats and abilities. This is combined with the Lightning Mace feat, requiring Combat Reflexes, Two-Weapon Fighting, and Weapon Focus, which allows you to make an additional attack at the same attack bonus as any strike you critically threaten with. Blood in the Water stance is the second backbone of the build, allowing for stupid amounts of bonus to hit and damage because they decided not to specify a cap or restriction on the stacking of the bonus, so talk to your DM about its limits. The two maneuvers you will need a dancing mongoose and raging mongoose, giving +1 attacks per weapon and +2 attacks per weapon respectively, and you will be using them any time you can make a full attack. Stats are Dex to 15 so you can pick up Two-Weapon Fighting, and then Str>Int>Con>More Dex>Wis>Cha, i put con below int because having d10's base make you relatively beefy compared to others. And then for items the always popular and relatively cheap Gloves of the Balanced Hand from the MiC which gives you Improved Two-Weapon Fighting.

I also mentioned 1 level of Barbarian as a possible dip because you can grab both the Lion Totem Acf (Pounce) and the Whirling Frenzy Acf which replaces normal rage with +4 Str, +2 AC, and 1 additional attack at full BaB with a -2 penalty to attack of all attacks that round.

Once you get to 9 you should grab Improved Critical and be sitting at a nice 15-20 crit range, with 10 attacks before Lighting Mace procs at level 16!

Do I have to take weapon focus (light mace) then?

TroubleBrewing
2014-05-13, 08:29 PM
Yes, but thanks to the Warblade's Weapon Aptitude (at least, I think that's what its called) class feature, you can count the feat as applying towards your kukris.

Ellowryn
2014-05-13, 08:29 PM
Yes because you need that feat to get Lightning Mace, but you can still apply the +1 to hit to your Kukri's.

Edit: And warbladed via dancing mongoose :smalleek:

Teapot Salty
2014-05-13, 08:34 PM
So I take weapon focus (kukri) until I can get them aptituded, then I take weapon focus (light mace)?

Aegis013
2014-05-13, 08:38 PM
So I take weapon focus (kukri) until I can get them aptituded, then I take weapon focus (light mace)?

Not quite, then "You can spend 1 hour in practice to change the designated weapon for any feat that applies to a single weapon (such as weapon focus)." Tome of Battle pg. 22.

You don't need to take a second weapon focus feat. Warblade can change his weapon focus feat as long, as he has the weapon he wants to change it to, given an hour.