PDA

View Full Version : Warforged and Polymoprh

torrasque666
2014-05-12, 03:00 PM
If my knowledge of magic is correct a Warforged can be affected by Polymorph, either through a magical item or a personal spell. My question is as follows:

What abilities would a Warforged (Warforged subs)Fighter 6/Juggernaut 5/Lion Totem Barbarian1 keep when polymorphed? And would it be able to be polymorphed into a Warforged Charger without gaining the RHD or LA of it? And would Warforged Components still function on it?

Note that this is not asking for a critique of my build, just a clarification of rules. However, suggestions on how to currently advance my Juggernaut as the parties main melee damage dealer is welcome.

lytokk
2014-05-12, 03:27 PM
From all I've looked into regarding the warforged and polymorph, they'd always lose their composite plating, but would retain their plating if they took mithril, adamantine or darkwood.
I don't think any component that occupies a body slot that the new body doesn't have would be functional anymore.
But someone else with undoubtedly have more information about this.

torrasque666
2014-05-12, 03:52 PM
I'm looking at potentially grabbing a Phylactery of Change(AEG 135) to do this. However, it appears to be a 3.0 book and thus referencespolymoprh self. Is this essentially just polymorph and should it work accordingly? In addition, will it retain its Living Construct traits?

lytokk
2014-05-13, 06:32 AM
I'm looking at potentially grabbing a Phylactery of Change(AEG 135) to do this. However, it appears to be a 3.0 book and thus referencespolymoprh self. Is this essentially just polymorph and should it work accordingly? In addition, will it retain its Living Construct traits?

Thats up to your DM I think. 3.0 and 3.5 are close, and most things can be assumed to be compatible moving upward, but its always going to be the DM's call.

In regards to the polymorph, you would retain any ability derived from class levels, so any feats, armor spikes, or rage all stays with you. You also keep any supernatural (Su) and spell-like (Sp) traits or attacks from your normal form. What you don't get to keep is any extraordinary (Ex) abilities from the base form NOT derived from class levels. I don't have my books with me so I don't know exactly where all of the construct traits lie in regards to that.

Using the 3.5 magic item calculator, a caster level 9 amulet of polymorph would run 12960. 9 minute long transformation, once per day.

TuggyNE
2014-05-13, 07:13 AM
I'm looking at potentially grabbing a Phylactery of Change(AEG 135) to do this. However, it appears to be a 3.0 book and thus referencespolymoprh self. Is this essentially just polymorph and should it work accordingly?

The update booklet says to change all polymorph self to polymorph, yes. The only real difference is that one of them is personal-range only.

lytokk
2014-05-13, 09:28 AM
The update booklet says to change all polymorph self to polymorph, yes. The only real difference is that one of them is personal-range only.

Also the duration. Polymorph self is 1hr per level duration, whereas Polymorph is 1 minute per level. This would likely influence the price.

TuggyNE
2014-05-13, 04:33 PM
Also the duration. Polymorph self is 1hr per level duration, whereas Polymorph is 1 minute per level. This would likely influence the price.

The base duration is different, yes, but since the effects of the magic item itself haven't changed, the price shouldn't either; after all, it does not, as I understand it, perfectly replicate the spell like a spell trigger/completion item would.