PDA

View Full Version : telflammar shadowlord

SaibenLocke
2014-05-12, 06:54 PM
Ok so I ran into a problem with the spells known/spells per day table for the telflammar-shadowlord in UE . It combines both spells known and spells per day in the same chart. With that chart does that mean I also get more spells known?

p4r4d0x_
2014-05-12, 06:55 PM
Ok so I ran into a problem with the spells known/spells per day table for the telflammar-shadowlord in UE . It combines both spells known and spells per day in the same chart. With that chart does that mean I also get more spells known?

They give you a spell list of all your spells known; the chart is your spell slots.

SaibenLocke
2014-05-12, 07:00 PM
They give you a spell list of all your spells known; the chart is your spell slots.

I see those but it says you cast your spells like a wizard. Wizards have only a certain number of spells known.

Bellberith
2014-05-12, 09:00 PM
Judging by the way the table is. it combines spells/day and spells known.

so either A: you know however many spells you can cast per day of that specific level on the table.

or B: you know however many spells you can cast per day of that specific level + your bonus spells per day

(it says in the teflammar casting section

"When the shadowlord gets 0 spells of a given level, such as 0 1st-level spells at 1st level, the shadowlord gets only bonus spells"

nowhere does it specify if bonus spells applies to spells per day, or spells per day + spells known.)

Amphetryon
2014-05-13, 06:29 AM
I see those but it says you cast your spells like a wizard. Wizards have only a certain number of spells known.

Could you expand on this, please? Wizards may have any number of spells known which they can research and fit into their spellbooks, by my reading of the RAW. Where is a Wizard's maximum number of spells known delineated?

SaibenLocke
2014-05-13, 08:57 AM
Could you expand on this, please? Wizards may have any number of spells known which they can research and fit into their spellbooks, by my reading of the RAW. Where is a Wizard's maximum number of spells known delineated?

Ah that is my mistake. This is my first spell casting class. So as long as they have it in there spellbook they can prepare it that day. Thanks for the help.

Ansem
2014-05-13, 11:43 AM
Telflammar Shadowlord knows all spells from it's spell list, but must prepare them ahead of time like a Cleric, Archivist, Wizard etc in their spell slots.
It's not that difficult to grasp.
(Draws spells from X and cast spells like X don't have to be equal)

SaibenLocke
2014-05-15, 09:19 PM
I get that he "cast and prepares spells as a wizard" but it does not say anything about spells known. Could you tell me where you found that? Wizards know all of there O lvl spells, or cantrips. They learn 2 plus there INT mod at first lvl then after that they can only learn 2 per lvl. That being said they can learn more spell via scrolls, spell books etc. But they do not know all the spells on their spell list. The shadowlord does not specify how many spell known the have. Am I to assume they know all spells on the spell list?